• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
Lol Isaac is in as playable. Not only is he highly requested, sakurai would have revealed his at. Plus he has a item, and the Sakurai tweet which alluded to his games. All the leakers are doing is confirming him being in the game.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
''The only real one is ''Ken'' we all agree on that''
>pick the literal only obvious one that way they don't fail completely
>game comes out and 6 years later we still listen to them because they ''guessed'' Ken
Guys can we please stop giving them attention? These people are literally whos that work a Starbucks and we're actually listening to them
These people now considered ***ING DAMIANI OUT OF ALL PEOPLE as a source.

Wambo

Smash Ace
For the low low price of 49.99 you too can have a Geno amiibo.

What you think it's gonna be cheap to send Bill down to Home Depot for all that wood?
****, that's a really good idea for a summer project. Not an amiibo, but an actual, real Geno doll made out of wood, complete with transforming gun arm.

Originality

Smash Journeyman

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I have read this in reddit:

PapaGenos - Leak is completely real​
Leak Review - Isaac is at least in​
Mystic - Isaac and Geno are in, leak is fake​
Verge - Incineroar, Isaac assist, Minecraft Content​
Emily - Multiple characters are assists.​

This totally seems like nobody has a **** idea of what actually is in and 1) they are pulling fake information because Nintendo now lets them or 2) they are full of ****.

Is that hard for them and their "OMG YOU HAVE TO TRUST US" to just don't say anything if they don't know for sure?
Emily Rogers and her ilk have been fed false or mixed info and believe it to be gospel due to the credentials of the insider(s) that supplied them the info.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I have no idea what Noipoi Noipoi would draw me as, seening as how I tend to change my avatar a lot lol.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
What I don't get about Isaac being an assist is why keep him hidden if that's all he is? Sakurai didn't keep Krystal hidden to surprise everyone with, he revealed her early. Isaac being hidden to be revealed an assist AND getting a new Golden Sun item just doesn't make sense.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
****, that's a really good idea for a summer project. Not an amiibo, but an actual, real Geno doll made out of wood, complete with transforming gun arm.
You can make your own amiibo NFC tags if you have the right supplies so, if a Geno amiibo exists, you can more than likely give it amiibo functionality

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Damiani.

Realiable source.

DAMIANI.
Hey, I'm not saying it's end all be all truth, I'm just saying that it's a summary of what people are claiming.

Remove Mystic from the equation and Geno, Chorus Kids, Shadow and Mach Rider are all unknown at the moment, Isaac included if you don't trust Vergeben now.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My three most hyped characters for Ultimate are :squirtle::ivysaur:and :ultridley:.

Ivysaur is a little bit of a psuedo-swordy and should come naturally to me. Squirtle I'll probably struggle with at first, but I've been playing more technical characters like Fox more in 4 to prepare for it so that I'm ready to step outside of my comfort zone.

Ridley looks to have a lot of the same things that make me love to play Charizard (good ground mobility, large hitboxes, a multi-jump, being a heckin' dragon) so I'm definitely going to spend a lot of time playing as him when the game first launches.

...Jeez Brawl had some ugly stock icons. I can't wait until we get Ivy's and Squirt's Ultimate icons, whenever that happens.

Last edited:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
Wow tomorrow is the day huh?

If we get Banjo the hype might kill me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have read this in reddit:

PapaGenos - Leak is completely real​
Leak Review - Isaac is at least in​
Mystic - Isaac and Geno are in, leak is fake​
Verge - Incineroar, Isaac assist, Minecraft Content​
Emily - Multiple characters are assists.​

This totally seems like nobody has a **** idea of what actually is in and 1) they are pulling fake information because Nintendo now lets them or 2) they are full of ****.

Is that hard for them and their "OMG YOU HAVE TO TRUST US" to just don't say anything if they don't know for sure?
Take ya bets folks!

My random gut pick is 2+ Pokemon reps

Wambo

Smash Ace
You can make your own amiibo NFC tags if you have the right supplies so, if a Geno amiibo exists, you can more than likely give it amiibo functionality
Okay, so hear me out... I get a Geno NFC tag... I make a tiny, yellow star that I put said NFC tag into... and then I put the NFC plush star into a little slot on the back of my Geno doll. Then I hold it in front of my Switch, and boom! Geno awakens! :D

I/you need to stop thinking of/giving me good ideas I probably can't afford.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Good morning Grinchbros! Only one sleepy left! What'd I miss? Are you guys still believing the insiders that are now implying different things that they were a week ago to save face once it's real?
Regardless of stance on the leak, that is not a good look to 1) belittle "insiders" for potentially being wrong, and 2) implying the leak is real 100% and looking down on those who don't buy it.

Lol Isaac is in as playable. Not only is he highly requested, sakurai would have revealed his at. Plus he has a item, and the Sakurai tweet which alluded to his games. All the leakers are doing is confirming him being in the game.
The item (if you are referring to that sprout item) has not been confirmed as from Golden Sun.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Now, i DO wonder, what would happen if Ken DOES NOT get in?
Ken doesn't exactly have a shining fan force behind him. Everyone just figured he would be in because "box theory that no one likes."

I would totally claim that more people would be upset if Dark Samus wasn't in than Ken.

Untouch

Smash Master
I have to wonder if Pokefloats was cut because it uses Pokemon Stadium models and can't be updated since they don't have the models anymore? Squirtle is one of the floats there.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so hear me out... I get a Geno NFC tag... I make a tiny, yellow star that I put said NFC tag into... and then I put the NFC plush star into a little slot on the back of my Geno doll. Then I hold it in front of my Switch, and boom! Geno awakens! :D

I/you need to stop thinking of/giving me good ideas I probably can't afford.
Thats actually quite inGENOus

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The final roster is amazing already, but the only way anything tops the leak for me personally is if a combination of the leaked characters get and a few more characters than we expect.
Something like:
- Geno
- Isaac
- Ken
- Incineroar
- Skull Kid
- Bandana Dee
- Maybe chorus kids

More echoes on top of that. And already right there I know that's too much so who knows now lol

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Let's move on from the anime/DLC/art arguments, please.

Also, please do not post media-only replies(that includes linking to just an image).

Please do not double post either. Edit your messages instead. :)

Any other rule I forgot to mention that's relevant to the situation? :p
Yeah, no hating on Chocolate of any kind. Unless it's Chocolate Peanut Butter, that, and Reese's can die in a fire. Butterfingers are okay though (for some reason) :p

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I wish they'd just make Amiibo cards for the Smash characters or something. I don't really have any desire to have figurines lying around, especially when they cost an arm and a leg.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have to wonder if Pokefloats was cut because it uses Pokemon Stadium models and can't be updated since they don't have the models anymore? Squirtle is one of the floats there.
They could use the models that they have been using since Pokedex 3D/Pokepark Wii (Whichever came first) You know, the models they have been using for the mainline Pokemon games and Pokemon GO.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't agree with Gamexplain when they said DLC is going to be mentioned but not shown off, it will but it won't mention direct characters.
They'll probably mention some partners they're working with, and maybe some series. That'd really get speculation going.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no hating on Chocolate of any kind. Unless it's Chocolate Peanut Butter, that, and Reese's can die in a fire. Butterfingers are okay though (for some reason) :p
I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

So this is what it feels like when doves cry...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Unless it's Chocolate Peanut Butter, that, and Reese's can die in a fire. Butterfingers are okay though (for some reason) :p
listen here you little ****

I wish they'd just make Amiibo cards for the Smash characters or something. I don't really have any desire to have figurines lying around.
While I prefer the figures, I'd like for them to do this too because I have a lot of friends who prefer the cards.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't agree with Gamexplain when they said DLC is going to be mentioned but not shown off, it will but it won't mention direct characters.
They'll probably mention some partners they're working with, and maybe some series. That'd really get speculation going.
They'll probably just wait until the game awards to actually announce the dlc character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom