• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could possibly get a better roster than what was leaked? Sorry but regardless of what you think Banjo would have the biggest reaction/impact period.

Unless it's Master Chief instead.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If both Mystic and Emily are correct then I'm guessing Shadow and Mach Rider are the assist trophies.
I guess that seems the most likely.

I’m just happy Mystic is saying he’s pretty much positive Isaac is in. I’m just hoping Geno gets in too because those fans have been waiting forever also. He did say the other day he was pretty confident in him as well.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Interesting. It’s possible more than one of those characters could be ATs... that’s a nightmare for many.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
and hes confident in geno afaik?
Bringing this post back up, just in case people haven't seen it again:
A07EA4A3-32A9-4013-9DCC-8149238478CD.png
Mystic is confident on Chorus Kids, Ken, and Isaac actually being in the game.

So if one of the characters on the banner is an AT, going off of Mystic's claims, it's probably between Geno, Shadow or Mach Rider.

I'm personally leaning towards the latter.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Yay a direct! But of course it just had to be at 1am on the same day I have an exam. Can someone send me the youtube link when it's over so I can download it?

beans

Smash Lord
Okay so there are multiple ATs in the banner leak.
Interesting.
Bets on Mach Rider and Shadow.
Isaac is a newcomer that some are quite sure on
Banjo getting AT is impossible
Chorus Kids and Geno getting AT would be sad for me

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Saying certain playable characters are actually assist trophies is the exact kind of thing I would do if I wanted weed out potential leakers.

Mystic having a source saying one character is an assist and Emily having one that says there are two really makes me think that this an example of different people being told different things in case someone tries to leak.

While I agree that Incineroar is highly likely and that would deconfirm the Grinch Leak being entirely true (it may still be another example of intentionally mixed info), I wouldn’t put much stock into what Emily says. She doesn’t like to confirm her sources before tossing whatever she has out there.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
When he first leaked stuff a day or two ago he said he talked to enough people that he felt confident in Isaac and Geno.
And now hes backtracking on Geno. He could be a leaker bait name going around and it seems no one is settled on who SE is adding in the game. Or if the character is even base for that matter.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Actually, Emily could be wrong.

But, at the same time, Mystic could be too.

He mentioned every character when talking playable fighters except B-K and Mach Rider, and B-K wouldn't be an assist, so if Emily is saying multiple characters are assists, then they have conflicting info...

...but, I guess every insider may have some conflicting info...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Interesting. It’s possible more than one of those characters could be ATs... that’s a nightmare for many.
Lol don’t even talk to us Isaac fans about the dreaded assist trophy nightmare. We had to deal with that in Brawl and then have our character completely removed for Smash 4. If he returned as an assist trophy after all that it would be a fate worse than death.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Thats pretty terrifying, I could see maybe Mach rider and chorus kids being AT’s, but any of the other characters would just hurt.
I have to disagree. I'd be hurt if Mach Rider and the Chorus Kids were assist trophies and would be fine if any of the other characters were not playable. Don't forget that there are people who want those two to be playable

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Bringing this post back up, just in case people haven't seen it again:
Mystic is confident on Chorus Kids, Ken, and Isaac actually being in the game.

So if one of the characters on the banner is an AT, going off of Mystic's claims, it's probably between Geno, Shadow or Mach Rider.

I'm personally leaning towards the latter.
Sakurai is gonna get a lot of hate if he even dares put Geno as an AT

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
EMILY IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ON THE BANNERS THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source
This, assuming the leak is fake, makes sense and isn't hard to believe.

Shadow literally already is an AT in 4, and Isaac being brought back as an AT wouldn't be too shocking, its a way to pay homage to his series without a playable charcter, and he already was one.

So that's 2. But I think Isaac has some things going for him, so if not him, Mach Rider makes a lot of sense as people have said, she is only on a bike and Sakurai said that would bake her difficult to develop.

Chorus Kids too maybe? Eh.

Either way there is many ways to get multiple, which again only means at least two. Imo, Shadow is the most likely. Ken is basically confirmed, and Geno and Banjo don't make sense to me....

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So you're (SonicMario)/they're (Tako Tuesday) not asking your/their desire, but what you/they think could work. I mean give Sakurai some credit here. He can manage it. Really, WFT is a proof.
Whether clone or not, I think we should ask what we truely want, not what fits.

Edit: It certainly adds if it fits though. I'm not denying that. Sorry, but I just find the rush towards Shadow instead of Tails is weird
Shadow is the most second popular character in the series, it's not entirely weird.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I like Mystic. He seems like a nice guy.

But can we all agree that, if the roster is garbage, that this becomes the meme supreme?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
the only bad thing about de banner is that includes so many fan favorites. If it turns out to be fake, it would be so devastating for everyone

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okay with Mystic, he's basically got nothing to lose at this point right?

So he says with confidence:
- Ken
- Incineroar
- Isaac

With relative skepticism(?):
- Geno
- Chorus Kids

Unconfirmed:
- Shadow
- Mach Rider
- Banjo

With apparently at least one of the leaked characters being an AT, so my guess is either

- Shadow
- Mach Rider

Not sure which, but possibly leaving Banjo as also possibly in or a future DLC candidate.

So with possibility (conclusions I'm drawing to):
- Incineroar
- Isaac
- Geno
- Chorus Kids
- Banjo
- Ken

Are all possible choices, in addition to more that add onto or replace characters in this list? That make the list even better? How???

Maybe like (examples):
- Skull Kid
- Bandana Dee
- Eggman
- Porky
- Dante?
- A billion other characters???

How is it gonna be better don't hype me mystic lol

paper roxy

Smash Ace
So long as Geno makes it I'm fine with literally everything else.

Him being an assist would be nice, but... DAMN it would hurt when Sakurai literally called him a "perfect fit".

I have confidence. Leak or no leak, Geno is in. Quote me on it.

Especially because if he isn't @Ridleyridster Is going to have me with Barbie as my avatar for a month...
quote me on this too lmao

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HE'S DOUBLING DOWN ON ONE OF THE LEAK BANNER CHARACTERS BEING AN AT

There was a problem fetching the tweet

okay. So he's confident in Ken/Incineroar/Isaac...

That leave Banjo/Geno/Mach Riders/Shadow/Chorus Kids...
I'd actually say that leaves mach rider and chorus kids.

Shadow is definitely not an assist. Knuckles is there for a reason. Also lets not forget when Ashley gained traction they threw ashley in a segment with only new assist trophys. Shadow would have likely gotten the same treatment.

Banjo is either in the game playable or not. Sakurai isn't making him an assist the backlash would be huge.

Same can be said for Geno. Plus everyone agrees square has at least one new rep so it makes sense for geno.

Mach rider and CKs could go either way.

I doubt Emily's right about multiple characters being ATs. I do think at least one character on the banner will be though.

If she is then mach rider and Cks have to be it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So long as Geno makes it I'm fine with literally everything else.

Him being an assist would be nice, but... DAMN it would hurt when Sakurai literally called him a "perfect fit".

I have confidence. Leak or no leak, Geno is in. Quote me on it.

Especially because if he isn't @Ridleyridster Is going to have me with Barbie as my avatar for a month...
Quoted. If he isn't in, I'm comin' for your head. :p

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Saying certain playable characters are actually assist trophies is the exact kind of thing I would do if I wanted weed out potential leakers.

Mystic having a source saying one character is an assist and Emily having one that says there are two really makes me think that this an example of different people being told different things in case someone tries to leak.

While I agree that Incineroar is highly likely and that would deconfirm the Grinch Leak being entirely true (it may still be another example of intentionally mixed info), I wouldn’t put much stock into what Emily says. She doesn’t like to confirm her sources before tossing whatever she has out there.
Pretty much this, while having an even insaner roster would be nice, this doesn't do anything to convince me that they speak the truth.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Remember it isn't just characters.

Singleplayer and online are going to eat into a LOT of time.
Remember, there’s a TreeHouse and not every character reveal will require a lengthy explanation.

40 minutes is a long time. Even if what you’re saying eats “a LOT,” it’s still doable. Heck, give 20 minutes to characters, and those extra 20 minutes on what you’re suggesting still feels like a long time

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

But can we all agree that, if the roster is garbage, that this becomes the meme supreme?
Better roster than Banjo and Geno doesn't sound very possible to me.

Also, I want to say this again, but I really hope that people don't think this roster is going to be garbage if the leak turns out to be fake.
They could release the game as is right this second with no additional characters and this roster would still be insanely, INSANELY good.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Or... *puts on tinfoil hat* they've saying those characters are Assist Trophies because that's what they've been told, and it's true.

What nobody realises is that certain Assist Trophies are playable characters (and all playable characters can appear as Assist Trophies), and the direct will not only reveal Incineroar, Ken, Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Shadow, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, but also that Waluigi, Lyn, Ashley, Krystal and Bomberman are also playable.

EVERYBODY HAPPY!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

It has Isabelle, there's no way the roster it garbage, regardless of last newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom