• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So you're (SonicMario)/they're (Tako Tuesday) not asking your/their desire, but what you/they think could work. I mean give Sakurai some credit here. He can manage it. Really, WFT is a proof.
Whether clone or not, I think we should ask what we truely want, not what fits.
Trust me, I want Tails a lot more then Shadow myself heh. I just don't think he can be an echo especially after Sakurai's comments after Isabelle, the flight ability alone would change the playstyle entirely.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
HE'S DOUBLING DOWN ON ONE OF THE LEAK BANNER CHARACTERS BEING AN AT

There was a problem fetching the tweet

okay. So he's confident in Ken/Incineroar/Isaac...

That leave Banjo/Geno/Mach Riders/Shadow/Chorus Kids...
my bets are on either chorus kids or Mach rider, if it was any of the others fans would riot

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I think Mach Rider could be an AT--It does seem like Sakurai's tweet hinted at it being used in Smash, but not necessarily a playable character.

...and yet after the banner I can't think of a better retro rep to include...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
EMILY IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ON THE BANNERS THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source

I assume the plural here means multiple ATs​
That's correct. Plural as in multiple.

That grinch banner is going to get wrecked this week.

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Touhou in any form would make me happy, but no matter what character Sakurai shows it will be an amazing roster anyway

D

Deleted member

Mystic already said that he's confident in Chorus Kids
I'm rooting for them. It's the closest thing I can get to a new Wario Ware character, so I'd love anyone from Rhythm Heaven.

Plus, Rhythm Heaven is cool. I should really play one of them one of these days...

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd feel more distraught if Geno was made an AT than Isaac returning to his AT spot... Geno is the 1 character who has been longed for and the character who most people will never see coming until it happens...

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Final predictions:

Ken, Incineroar, isaac
1 more echo
1 surprise character people overlooked
Spirits mode isnt what we thought
Trophies replaced with uh honeygrams
Minor dlc talk

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Trust me, I want Tails a lot more then Shadow myself heh. I just don't think he can be an echo especially after Sakurai's comments after Isabelle, the flight ability alone would change the playstyle entirely.
I understand, I get what you're saying. I edited my last comment. Didn't catch your reply though, my bad.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hope we get some Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE songs.

Reincarnation is my jam. :grin:

Breath in

Mystic...you seems like an honest dude.
You give me hope for Isaac(Vlad here in France)

But A BETTER ROSTER THAN THE LEAK? HOW?!

I honestly want to know too, this is crazy. :surprised:

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt

If he's not whistling dixie, I'm calling Chorus Kids as the assist since they seem much more unorthodox than the rest of the picks

D

Deleted member

EMILY IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ON THE BANNERS THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source
Sakurai's taking us for a ride, Nekoo.

EDIT: Okay, that one SHOULD be clean. Apologies to everyone, I didn't know the original video had something inappropriate in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

ITS MY BIRTHDAY PARTY SO I GET TO CHOOSE THE MOVIE AND WE ARE NOT WATCHING THE GRINCH

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Does anybody else think it's strange that not a single insider knows anything about Spirits mode. Kind of strange considering it's the big new mode of the game. Now that I think about it they don't seem to know about anything besides characters
its also kinda strange that so many people are suddenly coming forward about having "insider knowledge"

insider knowledge is honestly just the new version of "my dad works at nintendo"

radBoss

Smash Cadet

Wasn't GX's new video kind of highlighting the Shadow AT situation? He might still be an AT, which would make the most sense.

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else think it's strange that not a single insider knows anything about Spirits mode. Kind of strange considering it's the big new mode of the game. Now that I think about it they don't seem to know about anything besides characters
No, not really. I imagine the amount of playtesters sat down and told to play Spirits mode is miniscule compared to those set up with a random versus match.

Untouch

Smash Master
I have high doubts that BK is anything but a playable character if he's in.
Feels odd they'd bother getting the rights to use the character to just make him something minor, unless another Microsoft IP is in (oh nooo nonono).

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source
Thats pretty terrifying, I could see maybe Mach rider and chorus kids being AT’s, but any of the other characters would just hurt.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually I'm going all in. Sora is not shown at the Game awards but here alongside geno. Both are base roster.

And here trailer idea:

It opens up in a new super mario bros 1-1 looking level. Mario is jumping and running when all of a sudden we see him turn around and look to the sky. We don't see what he's looking at but some some of portal has opened and a loud crash is seen and heard at the castle.

Mario rushes into action and as he gets there he sees a crashed gummi ship with Sora standing there wondering where he is.

Mario is confused but before he can do anything, Heartless swarm the area.

Mario and Sora fight side by side as the tagline

"Sora unlocks the fight" comes on screen.

Gameplay is shown and then we cut back to cgi.

Peach is heard screaming and Mario and Sora go running into the castle. They get there and Peach is swarmed and being consumed by heartless. Mario and Sora fight them off but more keep coming. They take peach and make a run for the room upstairs.

Peach has an idea and looks around. But just then something is trying to bust down the door. Peach finds what she's look for and makes a wish.

The door busts down and a heartless looking bowser is there with even more heartless behind him.

All hope looks lost as Mario and Sora are thrown aside when all of a sudden:

GENO WHIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The item Peach made a Wish upon has come to life and become Geno.

"Geno whirls in"

He blasts all the heartless but bowser away, as peach, mario, geno and Sora get ready to fight heartless bowser and the trailer ends.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Guys, I think we're all missing the obvious situation here.

Ridley was always too big to be a character. He's an Assist Trophy now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Want GX's new video kind of highlighting the Shadow AT situation? He might still be an AT, which would make the most sense.
Makes sense in the worst timeline. I'd feel terrible for Shadow fans for Sakurai showing off Knuckles at E3 and August only to wait until November to show off Shadow as an assist.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So long as Geno makes it I'm fine with literally everything else.

Him being an assist would be nice, but... DAMN it would hurt when Sakurai literally called him a "perfect fit".

I have confidence. Leak or no leak, Geno is in. Quote me on it.

Especially because if he isn't Ridleyridster Ridleyridster Is going to have me with Barbie as my avatar for a month...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can’t keep up with this thread anymore. You guys need to slow down or :EvilBub: will sabotage the thread again.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I just realised the direct happens as soon as I take my lunch break at work, could this be timed any better

I am so hyped right now I can't even begin to describe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom