• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiral Mountain definitely seems like the obvious pick, but there are really a ton of charming and iconic locations from those games. Maybe the top of Gruntilda's Castle?

I imagine the Spiral Mountain stage would be at the top of Spiral Mountain with the bridge to Grunty's Lair being the majority of the stage. However the tower itself is accessible with the face (hat brim, nose, and chin) being walkable parts as well. The top of the tower and the arena you fought Grunty on is full accessible with a double jump and up special, meaning its tall but not unreachable. Gruntys open maw being a walk off blast zone would be a nice touch and turn the stage into a odd game: do you try to smash your opponent into the mouth like a football goal, or challange them up top and risk getting smashed upward yourself into the considerably closer blast zone?

Looked up Spiral Mountain Smash stage and found this. The top half of this, but with the top of the tower still accessible.

Tart

Smash Cadet
If we do get the fire cat it would make sense to reveal him around Let's Go for a little Pokemon cross-promotion action. If we don't get him before the game comes out I'll find his inclusion a bit less likely.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>tfw you record a video of a ****ing paper BRACELET and will prolly lose your job/get sued by Nintendo

I'm not even blaming the guy's friend, it's his fault in the first place for recording it. But we have to remember his sacrifice if the leak is real. RIP, french boi.
View attachment 173634
C'est tellement triste.

Alexa, joue The Yoshi Clan.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Finally? Why? I mean, traditionally we only got a direct or none at all in November.

Also, the person could be the same who guessed September and August directs.
Because no one mentioned it

Because the first person to mention it is the legendary spawn wave the guy with the most corrects (probably the streak will end with the Grinch leak)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
New Sega rep!
But not Shadow or Tails

RISTAR
I'd unironically love this. Even if I want Dr. Eggman or Arle as a Sega rep, Ristar is such a good game. Loved it since I played it on Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube.

Speaking of the GameCube, did anyone else see the Switch has surpassed it in lifetime sales? Wow.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've seen a few people say this wouldn't be the Ultimate Smash game if they ended with Incineroar. I think that's just ludicrous.

First of all, Incineroar doesn't take away from the previous reveals, so in case you've forgotten, Ridley, K. Rool, and all the cut vets exist.

Second, most of the characters on the banner come from franchises that are either completely dead or incredibly niche. Not even joking when I say Shadow might be the most exciting reveal for casual fans.

Lastly, no one even said Incineroar would be the last newcomer. Even most insiders who are against the leak are coming out to say there's more than one character missing from the banner.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Look, I’m just saying.

Incinaroar would be perfect DLC but I wouldn’t mind if he was the supposed “missing” character from the banner.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
After seeing version 2 of this thread pop up yesterday, I never expected the two threads to be fused together today... That's actually kind of funny in a way.

With that said, I'm happy my first part of my prediction aged very well:
At the rate we're going, I'll be surprised if we don't reach page 6666 by the end of the month.

I'm looking forward to reaching page 7777 by the end of November.
I'm going to say that we will reach page 7777 either at the time of the next direct, or shortly afterwards (same day or next day). Watch me get this one wrong lmao

Anyways, I've been keeping busy with SotN in the Castlevania Requiem collection for the past few days, and it really is a lot of fun. I finished both Alucard's and Richter's playthroughs, and all I have left to do is Maria's playthrough. The music really is quite wonderful, and I'm glad to have some representation for it in Smash. Hoping for The Tragic Prince to get a rockin' remix of some sort, and I will be curious how Dance of Pales will be implemented.

Also, I do hope we get our confirmation of a direct soon, as while the debate over the leak has been interesting to watch, I would rather have the official confirmation so we can put it to rest and discuss the game itself, as I feel I don't have too much to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said by everyone else. Regardless of whether it ends up real or fake, I certainly don't feel I will ever be able to see the Grinch the same way again. :laugh:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Duke Nukem getting revealed would make everyone's monitors explode, because they can't handle his M-ratedness in Smash.

Waluigi getting revealed would destroy the internet.
Speaking of him, some fans of him are having a tissy fit again. :glare:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...aus_with_wahtaboutme_super_smash_bros_protest

Goemon/Ebisumaru. Although now that I think about it, Power Pro-kun would be a cool fighter as well, having a sports moveset.
Not to mention Master Higgins. Guy was the de facto mascot for Hudson Soft after Bomberman and Bonk. Imagine skateboarding over people (although keeping his stamina up constantly wouldn't be as fun).

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Because no one mentioned it

Because the first person to mention it is the legendary spawn wave the guy with the most corrects (probably the streak will end with the Grinch leak)
Not necessarily even if the Grinch leak is real--as far as I'm aware, his only complaint and why he suspects it's fake is based on his knowledge of missing characters (which is an assumption that doesn't directly contradict the banner if Incineroar is revealed after). He said it's possible, just if it's real it's incomplete. Unless he's said something more recently.

Also, he said Banjo's 50/50, so those are the best chances I've had in a long time. :chuckle:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a few people say this wouldn't be the Ultimate Smash game if they ended with Incineroar. I think that's just ludicrous.

First of all, Incineroar doesn't take away from the previous reveals, so in case you've forgotten, Ridley, K. Rool, and all the cut vets exist.

Second, most of the characters on the banner come from franchises that are either completely dead or incredibly niche. Not even joking when I say Shadow might be the most exciting reveal for casual fans.

Lastly, no one even said Incineroar would be the last newcomer. Even most insiders who are against the leak are coming out to say there's more than one character missing from the banner.
Yeah, most of the negativity around Incineroar comes with the implication that he's the last newcomer that's not an echo. Insiders saying there are more would soften the worries a bit.

Wambo

Smash Ace

I imagine the Spiral Mountain stage would be at the top of Spiral Mountain with the bridge to Grunty's Lair being the majority of the stage. However the tower itself is accessible with the face (hat brim, nose, and chin) being walkable parts as well. The top of the tower and the arena you fought Grunty on is full accessible with a double jump and up special, meaning its tall but not unreachable. Gruntys open maw being a walk off blast zone would be a nice touch and turn the stage into a odd game: do you try to smash your opponent into the mouth like a football goal, or challange them up top and risk getting smashed upward yourself into the considerably closer blast zone?

Looked up Spiral Mountain Smash stage and found this. The top half of this, but with the top of the tower still accessible.
I know the layout of Spiral Mountain by heart, but I never once thought of Grunty's Lair being on the left side. I feel like a ****ing moron.

This could actually work really well, because then you have both the lair (as part of the stage itself) and Banjo's house (visible in the background). So in a way, you'll have captured all the main locations of Spiral Mountain.

EDIT: And to clarify what I mean, I used to imagine a Spiral Mountain stage having Grunty's Lair as the background of the stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, I wish people would stop saying that Incineroar would be the Pokemon that gets in because of the Anime. It would be LYCANROC! LYCANROC!!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There's a side of me that wants Undertale content if only because, no matter how minor it was, people would still whine about it.
Sakurai: *put the Annoying Dog from Undertale as a trophy in Ultimate*

The Smash Bros Fanbase: "Alright, where is the nearest cliff here?"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not on my watch. Next Sega rep must be a Valkyria Chronicles, Virtua Fighter, Yakuza , Nights or Jet Set Radio rep.
My most wanted SEGA character would be from ATLUS but I can't deny Kazuma Kiryu in Smash would complete my life.

Wambo

Smash Ace
There's a side of me that wants Undertale content if only because, no matter how minor it was, people would still whine about it.
Megalovania music and a sans assist trophy wouldn't be the end of the world, IMO. Plus sans would be a better version of the Devil, whereas instead of manipulating the stage, you have to dodge bones from random directions.

I mean ****, it could even be an actual possibility. There was that thing a while back where Toby was contacted by Nintendo about something. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai wanted to give sans the Shovel Knight treatment.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Oh man, you know what be the best thing about Spiril Mountain?

If Bottles occasionally comes out of his molehill and you can KO him.

I’d buy the game day one if that happens.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Undertale twitter freakout is about an Undertale AT in Smash.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, I wish people would stop saying that Incineroar would be the Pokemon that gets in because of the Anime. It would be LYCANROC! LYCANROC!!
Lycanroc got the "early evolution" treatment pattern of the anime so no.
But Litten/Torracat is getting the Charmender/Charizard or Froakie/Greninja treatment so far.

I'm currently betting that if Ash get the Smug ass Eevee then Lycanroc will get relegated to Battle fooder

LetterO

Smash Lord
What happened? Any new updates since the direct this week rumor?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Undertale twitter freakout is about an Undertale AT in Smash.
Not really, if anything, it seem to hint at Gaster or something related to Gaster.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
I kinda want a rainbow rocket grunt as a character with three yet to be featured Pokémon types like poison, ghost, and ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom