• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ZoeMad.jpg

(Just bringing this up as part of the Hasbro-Rep discussion)

Last edited by a moderator:

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
After catching up I think this is what we have left:
Incineroar
Isaac
Geno
Ken
Shadow

You can rule out Banjo and Ken as assist trophies. And probably the Chorus Men/Mach too.

Shadow or Isaac would be the most likely ones out of the Grinch characters to be assists (as they already were).
If Shadow was still an assist literally what reason in the world would they have to not put him next to Sonic and Knuckles in Sonic's fighter video?

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Final thought.

We all know that They have been putting out fake characters to trick and obfuscate the real roster. What is to say that Nintendo is not doing the same with banners.

We know for a fact that as more people hear of the roster, the harder it is to contain. If they have multiple companies filling in orders for characters, what is to say they waste a few 100 bucks to have fake banners made to muddy the waters even more. Could explain why no one can agree on it.

It is unlikely, but something to consider.
Nintendo risking someone they are trying to catch and fire leaking fake Info without pictures leaking, ends up being fake == nobody dissapointed and backlashing at nintendo, but at the leaker instead
Nintendo risking a fake banner made by them leaking by someone they are trying to catch and fire, ends up being fake == people actually dissapointed that their most wanted didn't get in when it looked legit

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hate to break it to ya, but he's owned by Pachinkonami now
Well they're already on board so get the two working together and BAM! it's done.

Speaking of legalities, does anyone know why there's a Pac-Land stage but no Pac-Land music?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I heard that Papagenos brought up the video. Can you please give me the link? I was told the TLDR/details, but not the link.

Apparently, the source says that Incineroar was SUPPOSED to be in the game, but instead he was cut from base/moved to DLC when he met up with Phil to recruit Banjo. Moreover, the Minecraft rumor was just leakbait, meaning Vergeben has been tricked (I feel bad for him.). Finally, Nintendo is doing damage-control.

P.S. What does 'damage control' means?
Damage Control is exactly what it sounds like. The company has felt damage (ie their roster got leaked) and are now trying to control how bad it gets (telling people not to talk about it, deny it, blacklist anyone revealing more stuff, finding the leaker). They are attempting to lessen how bad the leak hurts

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Can SOMEONE explain to me what happened last night? I saw the thread going a million miles an hour and nobody ever answered me.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If we're talking Hasbro reps, you guys are all sleeping on Glover.

Edink

Smash Cadet
Final thought.

We all know that They have been putting out fake characters to trick and obfuscate the real roster. What is to say that Nintendo is not doing the same with banners.

We know for a fact that as more people hear of the roster, the harder it is to contain. If they have multiple companies filling in orders for characters, what is to say they waste a few 100 bucks to have fake banners made to muddy the waters even more. Could explain why no one can agree on it.

I talked this with my brother one day after the leak released, and well, it is possible but is like very very very unlikely.

We talked about the possiblity of I dunno, send like 5 banners and at the time the final roster is revealed explain what is the real one and begin the marketing with it ( that considering the final roster is out 3 weeks or more before the launch ).

That way they they could indentify what is the source of the problems and you know, try to avoid the leak but honestly the theory has a lot of flags. The money is one of them and the major in my opinion, although my brother said that is Nintendo, so they could afford that.

I don't think the theory makes sense but was interesting at least to talk about it.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
That's a possibility, but one of them mentions more or less "If this is real, one of the characters I know about must have been cut very recently"

It seems very, very odd.
Again, not too different from the Gematsu leak + chorus kids.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
The problem I've seen with the insiders and their attitude is they've forgotten the old adage: You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. In the end, if the leak is fake, you have these people going "we told you so" and lording it over people, and if it's real, then they've taken a considerable blow to their professionalism and future credibility.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Can SOMEONE explain to me what happened last night? I saw the thread going a million miles an hour and nobody ever answered me.
ACP-PLV deletes office tour video
Smash website banner had cutoff split between olimar and little mac (where isaac was), reigniting isaac earthquake theory
Someone brings up that Sakurai had a different draft of the direct planned
Drama with some twitter insider who can't make up his mind

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Basically, this one credible guy is claiming that Isaac, Ken, and Chorus Kids are almost certainly in, but one of the other characters in the leak is actually an assist trophy... Also, he's not quite sure on Geno. He seems conflicted about him... Actually, he sounds conflicted about everything...
He privated his twitter after that

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So guys...

Is the Stenee leak still going strong? Can’t wait to main her if so.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
And to add to what Mellowy said, before he made his account private, he stated something along the lines of that he was contacted by someone who corrected/disproved/contradicted or something the information that he was handed out and was telling us.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Final thought.

Putting the top 3 most requested characters in a fake out is suicidal, plus the whole idea of a fake poster is dumb since they have to hire people and a company to print it.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I heard that Papagenos brought up the video. Can you please give me the link? I was told the TLDR/details, but not the link.

Apparently, the source says that Incineroar was SUPPOSED to be in the game, but instead he was cut from base/moved to DLC when he met up with Phil to recruit Banjo. Moreover, the Minecraft rumor was just leakbait, meaning Vergeben has been tricked (I feel bad for him.). Finally, Nintendo is doing damage-control.

P.S. What does 'damage control' means?
The theory that Banjo was decided to be put in the base game at E3 and replaced Incineroar is simply bull****; it takes over a year to create a new Smash character, a unique Banjo is not going to be in an acceptable working state within in a few months.

If the leak is real and Incineroar is DLC, it's'simply Banjo was in the game since December 2015 and Incineroar was a low priority character who couldn't be finished in time for the base game or was deliberate frontline DLC decided later in development.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Analysis of the official banner which has weird glitchy/cut sections lead people to believe these were parts in which characters from the Grinch leak were shopped out. Theres a lot more to it, but people basically started looking for any clues in the banner

Meanwhile, insiders are feeling the pressure to explain why they doubt Grinch, and have essentially revealed that it gets a lot of characters right, but a couple wrong. Which is still under wraps as no one wants to completely blow their sources

osby

Smash Obsessed
The problem I've seen with the insiders and their attitude is they've forgotten the old adage: You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. In the end, if the leak is fake, you have these people going "we told you so" and lording it over people, and if it's real, then they've taken a considerable blow to their professionalism and future credibility.
When you used "flies" and "lording" in the same sentence, it brought The Lord of the Flies to my mind, which is dangerously close to our current situation.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I've been a guest watching this thread on and off for a few months now, but this leak has convinced me to actually post. So hi.

Leak aside though, since that's such a rabbit hole at this point, if the leak is fake, who do you guys think the retro rep would be?

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Analysis of the official banner which has weird glitchy/cut sections lead people to believe these were parts in which characters from the Grinch leak were shopped out. Theres a lot more to it, but people basically started looking for any clues in the banner

Meanwhile, insiders are feeling the pressure to explain why they doubt Grinch, and have essentially revealed that it gets a lot of characters right, but a couple wrong. Which is still under wraps as no one wants to completely blow their sources
OT Question: but how do you get two or more gifs to show up on your signature? :confused:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
There was a lot of back and forth about Isaac supposedly being hastily cut from the banner. It was basically reviving the whole 'Isaac was cut from the last direct due to sensitivity over the recent earthquake'. The bit where he is in the Grinch banner is interestingly where the different parts of the banner on the Smash site are a bit wonky, but then people showed how updates to the banner worked, meaning that it looking weird was inevitable and not necessarily a sign of someone or something being hastily removed.

Then there was something about green pixels on Little Mac's shoe, which was supposed to indicate that Isaac was there. Basically there wasn't any consensus reached and the fact we're closely analysing pixels on Mac's shoe - Mac being the make or break factor in every leak, apparently - shows we're desperately in need of a direct to end this all.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
The theory that Banjo was decided to be put in the base game at E3 and replaced Incineroar is simply bull****; it takes over a year to create a new Smash character, a unique Banjo is not going to be in an acceptable working state within in a few months.

If the leak is real and Incineroar is DLC, it'simply Banjo was in the game since December 2015 and Incineroar was a low priority character who couldn't be finished in time for the base game or was deliberate frontline DLC decided later in development.
Not to burst your bubble, but Sonic was developed in 3 months
EDIT: This has been pointed as being misinformation, apparently, sorry

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Final thought.

It is very unlikely that Nintendo would be legally clear to produce artwork in any capacity that contains characters they don't own the rights to.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not to burst your bubble, but Sonic was developed in 3 months
Well, he was kinda rushed and reused a lot of other character's animations, and he rolls in his ball like a bajillion times...they definitely cut corners on him

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My god this community's been especially toxic since the leak. Did we get an influx of 4channers or something? Lots of "reeeee corporate shill" rhetoric going around that's laughably hard to take seriously. Honestly it's no surprise the community's being compared to crazed sycophants by some in the know.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I wish there could be something added in the first post or something along the lines so that people can check and see what has happened in their absence. It helps save time and prevent previous questions and such being asked/posted. I don't mind it, as even I didn't have the patience to read 200-400+ pages.

Last edited:

Edink

Smash Cadet
I've been a guest watching this thread on and off for a few months now, but this leak has convinced me to actually post. So hi.

Leak aside though, since that's such a rabbit hole at this point, if the leak is fake, who do you guys think the retro rep would be?
Welcome aboard dude, I also start posting because of the leak, and for a retro rep I think and I WISHI that will be my boy Saki from Sin and Punishment.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
My god this community's been especially toxic since the leak. Did we get an influx of 4channers or something? Lots of "reeeee corporate shill" rhetoric going around that's laughably hard to take seriously. Honestly it's no surprise the community's being compared to crazed sycophants by some in the know.
Its honestly been like that since the news drought began this month. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom