• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Ok so that's it for me right now at least. We'll see where the leak goes tomorrow. I'll be watching A Goofy Movie for the time being. I know there's members in here that grew up with the movie (right guys! lol)

Gosh that movie still holds up...

People really do have a problem with generalizing here.

I'm off to rewatch a certain seasonal anime for the tenth time. Hopefully this place can calm down.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So you want to go into a coma for exactly three days?
That's what he said, isn't it?

Wiziliz Wiziliz , Just be a Shonen Protagonist in a Battle Manga who is fighting the biggest fight of his life, that'll put you out of commission for a few days.

And now, I skedaddle for real this time.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Geez, is it just me or is it getting a little tense in here?
It isn't just you.

But then again, it's been like this for the past couple of days. I guess I've gotten used to it in a way. I think desensitized is a better word though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We need someone to leak your boi so you don't feel left out. :yoshi:
I can do that: "Hey, guys, Yoshi's in the game, I repeat, Yoshi's in the game! Just combine Bowser's mouth with Palutena's hair in the mural, they are photoshopped from Yoshi!"

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Laxchris and wiiugamer12, the saviors of smash speculation, raking in those dollars like a boss
I only know papagenos. because I saw him post here. no idea of the other ones. the spectaculars all seem to just repeat what is said here, so nothing new.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Useless music fact to connect to current situation time!

Did you know that on her 2016 album This is What The Truth Feels Like, Gwen Stefani has a song with lyrics that accurately sum up my feelings right about now?

Gwen Stefani said:
So as you see Nintendo it's time you come see me. :)

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It isn't just you.

But then again, it's been like this for the past couple of days. I guess I've gotten used to it in a way. I think desensitized is a better word though.
Seriously, I tab out for like 15 minutes and one of the ideas floated regarding this basically amounted to doxxing people

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Laxchris and wiiugamer12, the saviors of smash speculation, raking in those dollars like a boss
NoT GAmeXPlAiN thoUGh.

The real question is, if them not covering the Grinch leaks means it's real, then does them not covering Big Maring also mean it's real?

download.jpg

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think the worst part of this whole thing is people who are not well-versed at all in graphic design or digital art using incorrect concepts as strong proof. It really grinds my gears.
This is a part of the reason why I'm kinda sitting in the sidelines on this one. I'm pretty damn basic when it comes to graphic design so I just let the experts do their thing. I've actually learned some things over the past few days, so that's nice.

Tinarg

Smash Cadet
I just want my Chorus Kids and Mach Rider. Gimmie those unique fighters that don't play like anyone else.

Regardless of the proof (or lack thereof) for this leak, I'm feeling less inclined to believe it as we move forward. It was a fun ride while it lasted I guess.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
This is what happens when you dangle 8 newcomers in front of people then threaten to yank it away from them.

People were saying "so what if we only get 2 more, it's still a great game" for a solid month, but if anything Grinch has given proof that the community is deeply unsatisfied with that possibility.

And considering what Sakurai has said, it's nobody's but the community's fault. 8 newcomers should be a surprise not an expectation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can we all just ignore what mystic said was bull?
He’s not a trusted source you know?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was going to say, "hey, what happened while I was gone?".

But after reading some peoples posts, I think I have an idea, soooooo....yeah.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's basically showing how the internet has slowly devolved over time. This is simply how it seems Internet discussions go these days lol.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can we all just ignore what mystic said was bull?
He’s not a trusted source you know?

Dude has leaked information in the past and has proven sources. At the very least he should be listened to.

Seriously, give the guy at least a sliver of respect.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
It's been a long while since I've shirked responsibilities like this, but I enjoyed my time wasted spent reading here. Wasn't awfully active, but it allowed me to sit and watch (read listen) to what people had to say and consider those possibilities. I've come to terms with the thought that the leak might be fake and I've understood that it might be real, but more importantly than that, I'm content with either outcome.

Folks are a little too hot and nobody knows when the Direct/trailer is dropping, so they could calm down and relax, or be hot for two more weeks possibly. The choice is theirs. I'd suggest the former.

I'll be back to gauge reactions once official information rolls around, or poke my head in if Page 6666 comes sooner. Peace everybody.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Apple=/=Nintendo. Just because one company did it doesn't mean another does as well.

I'm more interested in this supposed proof of Nintendo's misinformation campaign that you purport to have. If you have evidence that no one else has presented yet, please do share.

No, opinions and qualitative observations don't count as evidence.
Incineroar was the red herring, but now I suspect Nintendo has sent emails asking these partner sites to downplay this leak as much a possible.

Neither of us have any concrete proof, but there has been a distinct tonal change in many of the partner news outlets who were until recently all too happy to take in plenty of advertising revenue from discussing the validity of leaks but are immediately dismissing this one off hand.

There has been no SSBU news in months. They should be milking this leak for all it's worth, yet most are dismissing it as fake right away and keeping discussion of it relatively brief (and they've discussed worse looking leaks in the past).

Then, there's the fact that many insiders who claimed to not know much are all saying they are SURE the Grinch leak is fake.

Something has very clearly changed. If you believe it wasn't Nintendo asking influencers to downplay the leak, what other explanations can you come up with?

Why did so many people who were making money off of discussing fake leaks decide to drop this one so damn quickly?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm not saying this isn't the actual explanation cause it seems to make plenty of sense, but why did the clip only affect olimar and little mac? Ike, Bowser, and Dark Pit remained unchanged.
Correct. Because only Little Mac and Olimar changed panels to make room for Isabelle. Ike, Bowser and Dark Pit had no reason to be moved and thus stayed where they are.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I only know papagenos. because I saw him post here. no idea of the other ones. the spectaculars all seem to just repeat what is said here, so nothing new.
The worst part about those YouTubers (aside from PapaGenos) is the fact that some of them just seem and are gullible, to the point where they will treat almost every "leak" as the truth, even when it may be painfully obvious that it isn't.

It's a very easy way to spread misinformation, and to even larger audiences than we have here. But again, this doesn't apply to all of them, as I've realized, but those who cause trouble are the ones who do what I explained above. This was a bit longer than I planned.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
I will say this. It might be obvious but a Direct is basically guaranteed to be before November 16th. Since the week after that is Thanksgiving and by Black Friday it would be to late since Review copys would probably be out in the wild and will Leak.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just want my Chorus Kids and Mach Rider. Gimmie those unique fighters that don't play like anyone else.

Regardless of the proof (or lack thereof) for this leak, I'm feeling less inclined to believe it as we move forward. It was a fun ride while it lasted I guess.
Well, if Banjo & Kazooie can somehow be construed as being Duck Hunt clones, then they would by logic play like Ice Climbers and Wario. :chuckle:

(not mocking the characters, just the logic some people have used--I'd love those characters in as well)

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I call that being weak. A need to be superior is nothing more than a weakness. Wanting to prove one is right over others does nothing but bread annoyance. I don't care. I believe the box and mention it to just annoy people because I am bored half the time, but even then I will respect others hopes and dreams.

So, yes.
Box Theory is correct. And I still stand by it for now.
How confident are you in box theory being correct? Cause I can tell you right now it isn't.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
GameXPlain knows something I think they know parts of the leak are real and can't comment without jeopardizing themselves and their press copy of Smash Ultimate.

I fully expect Shadow to be a semi-clone because of them. What if both Ken and Shadow are semi-clones and share a trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom