• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
His spear is shorter than Roy's sword, he can't really add anything from this point of view.
In fact I'm almost convinced that he would fit better as MK's echo with a couple of twisted moves than a true newcomer
How in the heck do you use MK attack with a spear?

That doesn't make any sense, you can't use a spear like you would use a sword.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
As DLC? Definitely. I think I already said in the Lycanroc thread a while back that not getting a Gen 7 Pokemon at all wouldn't surprise me if only because Gen 7 wasn't around in time for the Smash Ballot. Since the base roster is shaping up to be a love letter to older fan favorites of the Smash Community, I think DLC will focus on newer characters that weren't around for the Ballot to throw the younger generation of Smash fans a bone. Characters like Rex, Spring Man, Bandana Dee, and a new Pokemon come to mind here. Lycanroc is solidly more important than Incineroar in the anime and more prominent in merchandising, plus it did better on that Japanese Gen 7 popularity poll (5th vs. 12th), so it's definitely the frontrunner among Gen 7 Pokemon.

Of course, there's always the chance that Incineroar isn't leak bait and was simply moved back to DLC for whatever reason, but until we get confirmation of which Pokemon is DLC (if any), there's always a chance for our favorite rock dog.
Youre Got Dang right there is.. And before anyone asks what about Decidueye... ****** ate my Tootsie Pop >->

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Incineroar being bait makes so much sense. Sakurai loves his surprises, so imagine how much the ESRB leak must've hurt the guy. He really doesn't want Smash to be leaked this time around so he's making sure to reveal every character before release, so I wouldn't put it past him to agree with or even request Namco to do leak bait. Incineroar was always Vergeben's most uncertain claim given how he initially only said it was a new Pokemon not named Decidueye/Lycanroc/Mimikyu, so the initial disagreement among his sources could've just been Namco consolidating their leak bait into Incineroar after seeing Vergeben gain traction.
Hmm. Harada can certainly be meta crafty like that.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Who's yall's biggest pipe dream fighter? Mine would be Geralt of Rivia
Complete and utter oddball choice here, but for me:

Guardians from Destiny.

Absolutely no ties to Nintendo whatsoever, but I love the game to pieces and seeing any sort of representation in one of my other most beloved games?

That's a pipedream, lol.

More realistically speaking? Spyro.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Not quite entirely. There's still a lot of speculation on them making it in the base roster alongside the Grinch gang or as DLC.
I was saying it varies. We've had much more discussion about the "leaked" characters than any other.

Also, not saying any of this is bad! Most of the "leaked" characters are very popular so people like discussing them anyway.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
My DLC predictions if the Banner Fam(tm) is it for base:

- Incineroar
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Rex & Pyra
- Elma
- Black Shadow
- Octoling
- Lloyd Irving
- ARMS character, probably Spring Man
- Dixie Kong
- Skull Kid
- Rayman

(Ideally, R&P and Elma will share a trailer)
If we aren't doing any echoes (assuming Dixie is Isabelle levels of unique), I'd switch out Black Shadow and Octoling for Monster Hunter and Dante, but the rest would be the same!

****, wait, Sora though

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
___________________________________​

On November, during the day, the Direct will begin to stream in all the usual nooks and crannies.

After the Switch logo title, the screen remains black. People keep expecting the image to break into the Smash cross-section, but it never comes. The screen remains black. Viewers wonder if something is amiss with the stream, or with their viewing devices.

The screen remains

Smash cut to Sakurai.

He is seated at a table, framed in the sublime golden-ratio angle we've come to expect. He exhibits his fulsome youthful glow, now more evident than ever. Although there's something about the lighting, how it falls on his cheekbones, his eyes. Viewers wonder if something is amiss with

The screen

Sakurai greets those in attendance. He explains that he wishes to address the long drought in information since the last Smash Ultimate announcement. To accomplish this, he must first place things in their proper context.

To that end, he provides a brief, general recap of Smash Ultimate's development to date. About how long ago, how truly long ago, the Design Document was crafted. About the alliances and partnerships, some of them corporate, which were assiduously pursued. About what was found in Tunguska. About how the Isabelle reveal was delayed due to the Earthquake.

All things we've heard and seen by that point. Nothing new here. Still, it helps us appreciate the whirlwind arc of this iteration's journey.

Sakurai notes that he understands our frustrations. Nearly two months with naught to show but for tumbleweeds. How do Sora and Bandai-Namco and the third account for this radio silence? What were they waiting for? What are they hiding? What are they

The answer is simple, though understandably, he can only speak around the matter. He quips that perhaps they ought have called this a Nintendo Indirect. Always the joker. Of course, when the viewers realize to what the Friend of All Man alludes, their concerns are pacified. Of course this isn't something he can talk about, none of them could. And for the savvy speculator, the pieces fall into place, too: why no one has come forward, why those purportedly in the know, in the orbit of the truth, seem to deny certain rumours (not because they want to, but because they have to, or else--Oh God).

As Sakurai goes on, some viewers get the sense that something is amiss. Split-second flashes, artefacts in the recording, curiously reminiscent of the way this very summary is sprinkled with subliminal notes can you find them. A message, circumventing the conscious to reach you Directly, saying

have you ever known love

Sakurai [laughs]. He says he hopes we'll forgive this sidebar, this momentary tangent, and that we'll enjoy Smash Ultimate when it releases in December. Then the

screen remains black. You look at the stream's timer. Ah, so nothing was amiss. It hasn't even started yet.

White lines, the darkness pulls back, revealing white.

The Direct begins.

"Grandiose", says Strong Bad, "very grandiose indeed!"

D

Deleted member

If i could choose whoever the heck i wanted from any media, my roster has to include:

-Crash Bandicoot.
-Samus Returns’s Samus.
-Ridley.
-Sylux and the other Hunters from Prime 3 and Hunters.
-Dark Samus.
-Cortex.
-The Fantastic Four.
-Superman.
-Jet Jaguar.
-A Godzilla stage.
-Doctor Doom as an AT and boss.
-The Warp Room from Crash Warped as a stage that works like Kalos’s league.
-All the Metroid stages from every Smash game.
-Metropolis for DC stage.
-Manhattan for Marvel stage.
-Spyro.
-Rypto.
-One of the flying stages from the Spyro games,
-K.Rool.
-DK.
-Banjo Kazooie.
-Spiral Mountain.
-Diddy.
-Dixie.

My Smash game would have all of this, plus other stuff that isn’t so important for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dream pick?

Easily Malos, if Malos ever got in as a echo, semi-clone of unique fighter, I be 100% satisfied with Smash Ultimate and wouldn't care less about any problems it might have.

That tell you how much I want this character.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
I strongly contrasted the image, and there's this red section with a think black line through it on the second band. Anybody know what this could be?
FYI, that is not part of the band. Follow the solid, slanted black line down, as this is the boundary of the band. See my (shameless) plug below:

#259,618

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Used to be Chibi-Robo and Dark Samus. Now it's just Chibi-Robo. Though I guess you could add Dimentio, since he's a character who's definitely never making it in.

The ultimate pipe dream? Master Chief, though that actually has a better chance of happening now than in any other point in history.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So sorry to be "that guy", but... what exactly did I miss this morning? I've gathered that something happened that points towards team real, but that's about all I've gathered.

Harp Note from Megaman Starforce.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If i could choose whoever the heck i wanted from any media, my roster has to include:

-Crash Bandicoot.
-Samus Returns’s Samus.
-Ridley.
-Sylux and the other Hunters from Prime 3 and Hunters.
-Cortex.
-The Fantastic Four.
-Superman.
-Jet Jaguar.
-A Godzilla stage.
-Doctor Doom as an AT and boss.
-The Warp Room from Crash Warped as a stage that works like Kalos’s league.
-All the Metroid stages from every Smash game.
-Metropolis for DC stage.
-Manhattan for Marvel stage.
-Spyro.
-Rypto.
-One of the flying stages from the Spyro games,
-K.Rool.
-DK.
-Banjo Kazooie.
-Spiral Mountain.
-Diddy.
-Dixie.

My Smash game would have all of this, plus other stuff that isn’t so important for me.
Man, I want Spyro and Crash so much, but I highly doubt they will make it. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I strongly contrasted the image, and there's this red section with a think black line through it on the second band. Anybody know what this could be?
No clue what that could be.

Anybody skilled with Photoshop/Photography have an explanation of what could be going on? I'm thinking maybe contrasting it so strongly just shows glare from the camera possibly?

If not, I have no clue what a worm-like shape with a... hammerhead... would be or allude to.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
here's some groovy music for all you debaters out there:

Seriously, just thinking about the Music that could accompany characters like Mach Rider or Banjo makes me gush!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
How long do you guys think we’ll get DLC for considering the Switch will most likely be around for the next 5 years at least and we won’t get another Smash game until the next console.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My DLC predictions if the Banner Fam(tm) is it for base:

- Incineroar
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Rex & Pyra
- Elma
- Black Shadow
- Octoling
- Lloyd Irving
- ARMS character, probably Spring Man
- Dixie Kong
- Skull Kid
- Rayman

(Ideally, R&P and Elma will share a trailer)
This is good...but needs more Viridi

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

In terms of any DLC - I really hope that Tails and someone from Zelda (Urbosa or Midna, but Skull Kid would also be amazing) show up. But yeah, the Dragonborn would sate me forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom