• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'm sticking with my gut feeling and believing in PapaGenos, guy doesn't seem like he'd just be doing this for attention

He just seems to be a genuine dude who happens to have received a source he truly believes in
As genuine as papagenos papagenos is, he can be lied to just like all of us. We should take it easy on him if it ends up being false truths. After all, I am pretty sure this is the only time he will have leaked anything or had an insider approach him.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Man just ****ing imagine the fallout that'll happen if this leak is fake and we only get Kencineroar
I personally will be fine with that.
I got my bara cat, and I can safely hide from the immense rage that the Smash community will become for the next month or so.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
My current thought is that the leak is real.... but wrong.

That is to say I think Nintendo really did request and advertising mock up or whatever for this banner, but in a fit of paranoia (that turned out to be justified), they requested it of multiple different banners with only one of them being real. They are holding off until the last possible second to tell stores and what not which one to use.

Then some janitor or some such who didn't know about any of that, just snap-chatted what someone left on their desk.

I could see Nintendo going to that kind of lengths to prevent leaks, and it would explain why people in the know are by and large on team fake. It also explains why there are so many characters in this banner we still don't know in this leak despite getting so close to release.

The only thing I don't get is that ganon-falcon leak predating this one. Same guy who posted the image releasing a text form of this leak early so he'd appear to have more credibility later? I don't know.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
There's a massive western bias in this leaked roster. I wonder why not many Japanese fan favorites got in?
Is there? Based on polls over there Isaac and Banjo scored highly. Obviously not a fair representation, but there IS some data saying it.
Geno I am not quite sure.
Mach Rider and Chorus Kids aren't really that popular anywhere. I'd argue the latter might be more in Japan, but that's my guess.
Shadow does feel like a Western choice more than anything. I agree.
Ken is universal as Street Fighter is huge in both sides and he's more in due to convenience rather than outright demand.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Marina came forward and said they aren't doing work with Nintendo or Namco at the moment, they aren't working on the Ultimate assets.
They didn't deny working on the grinch stuff but they may not have been asked.
What about Pearl? :yeahboi:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I was watching the ACP-PLV video and it showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the user less than an hour ago which is really weird to me
1540737950812.png

Last edited:

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
If leak is true: I'm happy that we get isaac! Geno too mostly so everyone can stop asking for him.

If leak isn't true: I'm happy we get Inceneroar! And there is still dlc

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Looking at this just makes me even more confused as to why Sakurai would pass up on Bandana Dee.
Not his own created content from his very first gaming franchise, so skip.

HOW DARE THEY USE MY CREATION, AND GIVE IT A SPEAR AND A BANDANA!?

Jokes aside, I got nothing. Dixie Kong and Impa also shouldn't be skipped over, yet the Grinch leak implies just that...

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone post a link to the proof Banjo-Kazooie and the other characters here having their trademark renewed by Nintendo recently?

Also, is Pichu's face slightly covered in the banner leak?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Both Western and Japan fans are treated equally, since we're getting no newcomers from both Zelda and Kirby. :troll:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Man just ****ing imagine the fallout that'll happen if this leak is fake and we only get Kencineroar
>TFW release day comes and Sakurai is excited to see everyone's reactions to the game he worked really hard on but a bunch of toxic nerds start harassing him over some leak

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still sad we got no Zelda newcomer, if the Grinch leak is true that is.
I guess Breath of the Wild Link will have to do for new characters (Young Link filling in his old role) until DLC.

On the bright side, could mean Impa gets at least the Semi-clone treatment.

Last edited:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
So what if this leak is MIXED?
Looking at this just makes me even more confused as to why Sakurai would pass up on Bandana Dee.
Kirby Bias?

Kirby is his baby and he’s been away from the series for years... modern bandana waddle dee was not his creation and potentially not his intention so he may not WANT to include him if he doesn’t like the direction the series has taken.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
THIS IS MY 8,888th POST
I'D LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO THANK THE ACADEMY, THE GRINCH, AND EVERYONE BLISSFULLY UNAWARE ABOUT WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN OVER THE COURSE OF THE WEEK

NOT THAT ANYTHING WILL HAPPEN.....?

Well now both. At first I wanted it for my sig but realized I have no clue how to upload it to a post either :p
1540738162604.png

I'm under the vague impression that new folks don't have this option, but you'd use this if you're uploading from your computer. Usually if I'm uploading from another website, I just copy and paste it in.

You can't use either option for your signature, so you'd have to click the insert image tool in the hot bar. (Meaning you need to have the image uploaded somewhere else first)
1540738252042.png

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
With all this banner talk I'm surprised no one mentioned why the Mr.Saturn hasn't been replaced yet?

Wambo

Smash Ace
Why do my images keep ****ing breaking

Anyway, Sakurai's reaction to the enraged community if banner leak is fake:
jacksadness.gif

osby

Smash Obsessed
Kirby Bias?

Kirby is his baby and he’s been away from the series for years... modern bandana waddle dee was not his creation and potentially not his intention so he may not WANT to include him if he doesn’t like the direction the series has taken.
He had no problem with changing the final smashes of :ultkirby: and :ultkingdedede:. Maybe Bandana Dee just did not placed high overall.

D

Deleted member

The final Smash presentation is just Sakurai naked and covered in green paint pole dancing on a 39 1/2 foot long pole

0danmaster0

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1773 3199 8400
Can someone give me a link to acp's youtube channel? Was that their only video?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
*reads the last 50 pages and shudders*

I know it's probably not wise to invest a lot of faith in what these so-called insiders say, but the fact that there's so many of them outright saying it's fake and alluding to Incineroar's absence makes me think they've seen solid undeniable evidence (like video footage) of Incineroar in Ultimate.

I'm still leaning towards fake, regardless of how impressive this leak is.
I think this is a fair point. Context is important when analyzing everything. Why are the insiders so confident about this situation? As few posters have pointed out previously, it is likely that these people have received more than just a name. With some even using the words "seen" when speaking about it. We need to consider all possibilities. There is chance for Incineroar being in and like I said before, Incineroar being confirmed wouldnt prove this leak fake. There is no contradictory evidence here. Nowhere on these pages say that this is the final roster.

In case anyone is wondering, I am not going to join a team. Mass mentality is toxic and blinds judgment. Masses are destructive and for the most part, they bring pain, suffering and the mentality of "us" against "them".

Also, I want to bring up that ad hominen attacks are not evidence. If anyone wants to bring up how unreliable insiders are, use statistics. Give us the percentages of reliable each of them is individually and how reliable all of them are put together. Because if we go by the measure of "s/he has been wrong in the past", not even Nintendo would be considered a reliable source.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So the whole concept of leak bait loses every reason to exist.
And so we are saying insiders are smarter than multinationals
My point is that they might have seen evidence that it's real, like footage or image or whatever. I felt like I was pretty clear on suggesting that.

That's why I said I'd be quicker to believe they were just cut, because evidence of them actually being worked on doesn't stop them from getting cut.

I'm also just increasingly curious why "leak bait" was the narrative and not a Chrom or Chorus Kids situation, which just feels like a whole lot more likely to me in general. as mentioned.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I was watching the ACP-PLV video and it showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the user less than an hour ago which is really weird to me
View attachment 172923
Hmm, so perhaps either the employee created the leak with their ACP, and they’re trying stop that from happening again, or this is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom