• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are your thoughts?
That I don't like people misrepresenting how things were in the past. It's like those people who said that I, in the run-up to Brawl, dismissed all rosters with Lucario and ignored ones with Mewtwo when it was the other way round.

Wambo

Smash Ace
bruh thats not a meme thats a goddamn MASTERPIECE
I love music that sounds like it was sung by Carl Wheezer.

That's not even the worst possible one I could've put up.

Seriously, what happened to the people who could sit back and laugh at some cringe videos without worrying about hurting people's feelings? Y'all are no fun.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
why search for company, eric, when WE must search about this user who "leak" the things on sept 28.

THIS guy need to get the SMASH-TECTIVE.. to know the thruth

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Once again, why do people have an hard time to understand the Point of View of an Insiders?
They CANT tell you EXACTLY or SHOW proof that it's fake because that would Break the relationship of trust that they have with their sources, that sometimes took years to build up.
Heck, most of them made comment, like the VG247 guy, Spawn-Wave and others saying that the problem is that Incineroar is not here at all or the lack of Pokémon rep is weird.
They can't talk more about others characters because those characters would probably break it and be easy to trace back to their sources. Heck, most of them probably got the autorization to talk about Incineroar from their sources after Vergeben's got his time to shine.

Like, legit, anyone who ever made some basic journalism knows what's up. It's not like there one people saying it's fake, it's literally every insiders with some Smash info, that are usually VERY trustworthy who says so-

Let's not diss them completely, and be comprehensive too- that's why team "Hmmm" is best bet.
This is fake because they'd only have to tell who is NOT in. And that doens't break any trust or DNA because it's not actual info.

They are on damage control mode, stunned by these news, or just doing serebii's (or they really have info and they suck at explaining it, but I'd not put on them about that, because this situation is most bizarre, and I'm sure nintendo had everything tied up for something like this to not happen).

D

Deleted member

Seriously, what happened to the people who could sit back and laugh at some cringe videos without worrying about hurting people's feelings? Y'all are no fun.
this is a classic man this was PEAK minecraft-era internet. humanity has been slowly regressing ever since

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
oh, you're all right, my bad.
I SWEAR the blog post originally wrote her description as an "it", but they've changed it to "she" now.
I'm like 90% sure it did before, yes. Like I said, either way works. Apparently Nintendo opted to change it for some reason or another.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
...okay, then.

I'm just saying many casual fans won't jump in joy because a character that's apparently a gaming legend but you never played their game.
All that stuff is pretty surface level. Gamestop throws gameinformer at you, and are you really telling me going on kotaku pcgamer or whatever, or searching "funny mario videos" on youtube is too much for someone vaguely interested in games? Because if so I think we have drastically different definitions of what someone who is vaguely interested in video games is.

And again, most casuals really don't care about what characters are added. As long as they look neat and the mainstays like Mario and Pikachu are still in they're happy. Casuals don't have long in depth internal debates about whether the new characters and changed gameplay mechanics are enough to warrant a purchase of it. They buy it because it's the new Smash they can play with friends.

Untouch

Smash Master
I can only think of three circumstances that would lead to this being real.
  1. Eric is the leaker and the first company is just saying what they said to not break NDA. This was posted to snapchat in 2016 and for some reason only surfaces now.
  2. Eric is not the leaker, someone is impersonating him to avoid getting caught, the first company is saying what they said to not break NDA. This picture was taken recently.
  3. Eric is the leaker, the second company is working with Nintendo and Illumination.
They all sound absurd to me looking at the big picture. I think most people are on the 3rd boat right now but I don't see anything proving this.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Just an FYI in case you guys forgot.
The ESRB leak had made some “mistakes” on purpose to cause the huge divisiveness since the legit errors were faked.

Something to think about since this shows even something real can have fake portions.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
So it had a parody song? Well ****, Super Mario RPG had that song made, just as memey I suppose
Weak comparison. There are thousands of MC parodies, at the point where ironic ones are a meme in itself.

Not saying Steve shouldn't be in bc of that though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
About 50 pages since I last checked.
Anything happen, one way or another?

I tried looking through the last couple of pages but all I got was people calling Minecraft Steve a meme.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway the moral of the story is that nobody ACTUALLY likes Minecraft and it only ever sold as well as it did because haha funny meme. A game that people ACTUALLY like, such as say, *insert game that isn't nearly as popular as Minecraft or didn't even get released in a certain continent for a decade* is the most popular thing and a useless ****ing side character who's only purpose is to go "Hey, you're going over there? Here's another reason you should go there" would appeal to the young-ins more

Khao

Smash Lord
Stepped away since yesterday. Last thing I knew was that French Dude was identified and works on marketing. Any new developments? There's literally over a hundred new pages and they're being made almost as fast as I can read them, haha.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
About 50 pages since I last checked.
Anything happen, one way or another?

I tried looking through the last couple of pages but all I got was people calling Minecraft Steve a meme.
Things happened that provided no answers and only raised more questions, which leaves us right back at square one.

The usual.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Wow we actually have an insider here and they're predictably continuing to do their usual insidery things.

We'll know in two weeks or so. No offense Joe, but I suggest let's all forget about these talking heads and form your own opinions.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Burden of proof is to prove it's real, not to prove it's fake.
Well, ignoring the use of the word "proof" outside of a mathematical context, there's evidence that it's real. The contradictory evidence (e.g., clouds and shadows) does not meet the same level of evidence. Unless you're talking about something other than the Grinch leak.

D

Deleted member

Actually now that Serebii Serebii is here, what's your thoughts on a Smash Ultimate reveal @ The Game Awards? With a certain info broker getting a lot of things right this year, I figured to see what you're take is on it. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Something having memes doesn't make it bad, though. It just shows it's popular, as popular things usually build communities, and those communities then have in-jokes.

If something having memes makes it bad, then the whole Smash roster must be bad, as nearly every single Nintendo franchise has memes attached to them. Especially Kirby. Kirby has a surprisingly high amount of memes around it...Not that I'm complaining, of course. Kirby memes are the best memes.

We're getting kind of off-topic now, though, so I suggest we move on. If you don't like Steve, that's okay. I'm just not sure excluding him because of memes is the best reason.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Burden of proof is to prove it's real, not to prove it's fake.
I'm not sure I get this.

All the proof we have for either side is 50/50, based on a bunch of assumptions just like the Box Theory, I really don't see much of a point in trying to provide anything else as the next direct will make or break it anyway based on the next character's mural art alone (Ken).

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Well, ignoring the use of the word "proof" outside of a mathematical context, there's evidence that it's real. The contradictory evidence (e.g., clouds and shadows) does not meet the same level of evidence. Unless you're talking about something other than the Grinch leak.
Ignoring what now. Please don't say that kind of stuff with a straight face. Burden of proof is not a mathematical concept and if anything you sound way less cultured than what you probably intended.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
That I don't like people misrepresenting how things were in the past. It's like those people who said that I, in the run-up to Brawl, dismissed all rosters with Lucario and ignored ones with Mewtwo when it was the other way round.
Damn, everyone is here.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
In a parallel universe, Disney has a hall-of-fame fighting game starring Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, occasional third-party characters like Mr. Incredible. And in that parallel universe, The Grinch just got leaked. And that leak was confirmed by the Nintendo movie's previously unreleased promotional material.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Joe thinking it's sketchy is solid enough reason for me to be skeptical. I could count the amount of times Joe's been wrong with this sort of thing on one hand and have fingers to spare.

And to be fair, everyone thought Alomomola was a Luvdisc evolution so that one shouldn't even count. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom