• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd prefer for Boshi to NOT be leaked. Y'all say you want him to see ME react? For me it's the other way around. I want to see how YOU react to him :yoshi:
I apparently misunderstood the ESRB had been rated a month ago and nothing had yet to be leaked. Though we may get something at the Canadian bar.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in tiers but it's nice seeing people use her more.

Also I feel like I've seen a lot of :ultzelda: vs :ultdk: in Ultimate already. Or maybe it's because they are respecively my main and my brother's main.

(That offstage Phantom Slash though)
From what i've seen in the Zelda sub-forum, Zelda mains are super hype for Ultimate. As you said, there was quite a lot of Zelda gameplay footage since E3 so people have some good material to analyze.

I can't dive into her meta too much, i'm no expert but the higlights so far: Phantom Slash has received a big buff, her jab and up throw can now kill at decent % and Din's Fire can be used mid air without putting her in a helpess state.

I think her lightning kick is easier to land but i may be wrong.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I've been avoiding this thread for a while considering I've been trying to avoid leaks this time around. Needless to say, it hasn't entirely worked as planned, considering people I follow were posting that whole image leak from a while ago that has yet to be debunked. So I suppose I'm back for now, even if only for a short while. In other news, listened to the new menu theme. I have a feeling that I'm going to push that to max when the game comes out, because it's absolutely fantastic.

Shroob

Sup?
I think my biggest question that'll keep me up at night and have me question the universe is......

Why in god's name did the Super Happy Tree stage turn Spanish?

Like..... what even on the backend could cause that?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Sure but those two would hold themselves. Bayo and Ridley simply don't believe proportionate force and...

...does this look like the face of mercy to you?

But which fans? Brawl and Melee fans obviously want different things and Smash Run was well liked even though nobody requested that mode.
She kind of looks like Sephiroth with the silver hair tbh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's funny how all these crazy things happened back to back, with the menu theme basically fueling our excitement.
I'll remember today as the day we all got excited over absolutely nothing and loved every minute of it.

Shroob

Sup?
*Tinfoil hat*

It's October
October means Halloween
Today was Music Update
The Yoshi Stage got turned Spanish
Spanish could mean Dia de los Muertos
The Yoshi Stage is based on Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Story had BoneDragons
BoneDragons are undead, thus, spooky
BoneDragons were a Sticker in Brawl
Brawl had Subspace
Spirits Mode

IT'S SPOOK TIME, MY DUDES

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think my biggest question that'll keep me up at night and have me question the universe is......

Like..... what even on the backend could cause that?

All I can think of is that the stage page was updated in some way in preparation to add some stages and somehow that got switched to spanish...

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
All I can think of is that the stage page was updated in some way in preparation to add some stages and somehow that got switched to spanish...
Oh great now there's a Spanish theory. HOW MANY MORE THEORIES ARE THERE!?!?!?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Tbh, I wouldn't mind an entire series category for Mario RPG in Ultimate, with it having Geno, Mallow, and Boshi as characters. While all of those characters at once is so slim, I think it'd be pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate's menu music is the best one, hands down. Anyways, I feel we're gonna get something big today.

The last time we "felt something big happening" was when there was "stars aligned" where they weren't. But with actual confirmation of things, such as the game going gold, the menu theme rip and the Nintendo of Canada thing, it just seems like we're bound for news around the corner.

UpgradeX

Smash Cadet
Everyone is asking for Incineroar but I rather have a Grass final evolution Since we already have Charizard and Greninja.

Shroob

Sup?
There's a problem I have though when it comes to the idea of a Smash Direct being announced for Thursday.

That is, Game-specific Directs have always been announced several days in advance.

It would be a first that a game-specific Direct would just....get announced the day before it happened, which is why I hold 0 confidence in the Canada thing being Smash related.

D

Deleted member

If anyone's wondering, blog update today is Green Greens from Melee.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It's funny how all these crazy things happened back to back, with the menu theme basically fueling our excitement.
I'll remember today as the day we all got excited over absolutely nothing and loved every minute of it.
All of this was further fueled by the insanity of YouTube going down completely. Like YouTube made international news because of it going down. And some people thought it was all Nintendo's doing :p

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is asking for Incineroar but I rather have a Grass final evolution Since we already have Charizard and Greninja.
Yeah notice in mine there are no Pokemon or Fire Emblem characters. I think both of those series are more than adequately well represented. If I were to add any it would probably be a grass starter like Sceptile, Decidueye, or Turtwig's final evolution, and from Fire Emblem the only choice for my is mah boy Hector.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
If anyone's wondering, blog update today is Green Greens from Melee.

And with this, we can confirm Bandana Waddle Dee is in Smash Ultimate (CONFIRMED?) (LEAKED) (CREDIBLE)

Jk, thanks for the info!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Did I miss anything? Last time we checked we were talking about an image leak in the last few months that may have been genuine. Now, thirty pages on, we're talking about main menu themes and Spanish Happy Trees? Did we get anywhere re: the supposed 'leak'?

Shroob

Sup?
Did I miss anything? Last time we checked we were talking about an image leak in the last few months that may have been genuine. Now, thirty pages on, we're talking about main menu themes and Spanish Happy Trees? Did we get anywhere re: the supposed 'leak'?
It's like a needle in a haystack.

Two sides seem to have formed, one side thinking it's the Geno image with his head tilted slightly back, while the other think it's the Banjo render from 4chan ages ago.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It's like a needle in a haystack.

Two sides seem to have formed, one side thinking it's the Geno image with his head tilted slightly back, while the other think it's the Banjo render from 4chan ages ago.
Then there's me who thinks that if they can't go out and identify what "leak" they're referring to it makes sense that the Ken one is ruffling feathers.

D

Deleted member

Knowing a lot about english online chats, and having missed the name mistake on the website, i even have my doubts about it being spanish.

Some english speakers online tend to mistake spanish with other languages like portuguese.

Shroob

Sup?
Then there's me who thinks that if they can't go out and identify what "leak" they're referring to it makes sense that the Ken one is ruffling feathers.
He said "It's not the Ken Leak" though.

Though, he also never said that the Ken leak was fake.

D

Deleted member

Can anyone pass me a screenshot of the "spanish" text thar got used as a mistake?

I missed it, and i feel like it may not be spanish due to my experience with english users online and their reaction to some languages.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is changing the names of several stages step by step. They point out in the footer with "In-game terms on this website are subject to change."
That is very common.

For example in the german page they changed Super Happy Tree to Happy Baum (Happy Tree) and Mushroomy Kingdom from Pilz-Königreich [named in Brawl and 3ds] (Mushroom Kingdom) to Pilz-Urkönigreich (Mushroomy-Kingdom/Mushroom-Acient Kingdom)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
:ultbayonetta:,:ultzelda: and :ultridley: already can wipe other fighters out from existance, it'll be fine.
Personally I would consider :ultrosalina:and:ultshulk:more powerful then those three for obvious reasons.
Okay but get a load of this;

Pikachu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Static
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Endeavor
- Feint
- Quick Attack
- Nuzzle

Checkmate.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo is changing the names of several stages step by step. They point out in the footer with "In-game terms on this website are subject to change."
That is very common.

For example in the german page they changed Super Happy Tree to Happy Baum (Happy Tree) and Mushroomy Kingdom from Pilz-Königreich [named in Brawl and 3ds] (Mushroom Kingdom) to Pilz-Urkönigreich (Mushroomy-Kingdom/Mushroom-Acient Kingdom)
I mean, yeah... but why is it Spanish on the US page? It's the only stage that's now in Spanish while the rest are in English.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So this means that the translation work has been finalised, more or less?

Any updates on Canada?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Languaje issues are common in the Smash website. Yesterday I found some mistakes in the Spanish site. They named 'Assist trophies' as 'Assist figures' ( The spanish name is 'ayudantes') and I remember Ridley's name with Japanese letters. They are messing up every day. The Árbol de la Superfelicidad thing is just one more.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah weed's legal now.

See you all in a week~
Strange to think that would have been a "hilarious" joke in a Simpsons clone only about five years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom