• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
What Franchise's música has yet made an appearance on the blog?

How many characters are left?

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
So, do y'all think we'll get a direct around halloween bringing us details about "Spirits" mode? It makes sense if you ask me. Like, show us an extension trailer from Dracula's Castle, Ridley's quarters and DK Island. The trailer then pans out to the non-killed smashers. The likes of Richter, Simon, DK, Kirby, Pikachu, Inkling, etc. going at these foes and reclaiming spirits. Idk. I'm just spitballing here. Lol

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Look at this awful video, bullying Chris Taylor (SpookyWoobler) everyone report this video
Now i think all SONY fans are toxic

I reported that video for bullying too, this guy and his friends are toxic, I’d never wish death upon someone like they’re doing in the comments, these people are really sick and need help.

This video needs to be taken down, it’s beyond toxicity.

EDIT: I like Sony too, but I don’t act like this to other people, this guy also shows a lack of empathy which is a characteristic of a sociopath.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, do y'all think we'll get a direct around halloween bringing us details about "Spirits" mode? It makes sense if you ask me. Like, show us an extension trailer from Dracula's Castle, Ridley's quarters and DK Island. The trailer then pans out to the non-killed smashers. The likes of Richter, Simon, DK, Kirby, Pikachu, Inkling, etc. going at these foes and reclaiming spirits. Idk. I'm just spitballing here. Lol
Makes sense. They'll probably also talk about online too, which they were probably saving until after paid online services launched in September. Anyway, single-player content and online are the only two areas we know little to nothing about. This means they're the two big areas they could still potentially drop the ball with. Still, with the other content looking so good, this hopefully won't be the case.

D

Deleted member

If we don't get a spookier reveal than Castlevania this month I'll be disappointed.
Honestly I think you could have 4 ARmS characters and an echo and not have an issue

Evidence

:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom:

All similar with slight variations ARMS characters have abilities on top of different base equipment
Imagine Arms having more characters than sales numbersgames

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I think they're gonna be DLC, just because I think this is gonna be the last Smash Game...

Never disliked or reported a video that fast...
Wow, that makes me sick
It will be....until the next console launches.

D

Deleted member

The Awakening version of the Falchion doesn't care. :V
Wyverns technically aren't dragons either, but it does effective damage against them too. :p
Tbh, it'd be really ****ing useless otherwise.

But yeah, non-legendary anti-Dragon weapons in FE are usually designed with piercing or ripping apart scales of wyverns. And the way Falchion works might as well be as an anti-scale sword with holy properties for the sealing and stuff.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I can't stop thinking about Smash. I'm imagining the Pro Controller, the official guide, the steelbook case, and the box...

I have to find something to keep me occupied, you know? Something to make me forget how many days are left until the release date, until there's very little.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 kept me occupied for quite a while still does, there's Hyrule Warriors as well too, Spiderman for PS4. I just recently got Okami after years passed from when I played it should be long of is also a good game to keep you occupied though I'm not sure how long it is (cause I only played up to a certain since it was my friends game before they left).

They keep talking about Orochi so I think he's the final boss I guess, I may know about the weapons and abilities, but I don't know how long the story is, cause I kept myself from being spoiled from it after all this time since the game is so good. Kinda like how I kept my self from being spoiled from Zelda WW. Shows are also a great way to pass the time.
God you know we’re starving for info when we’re arguing about Goku of all people.

I’m just gonna spew my unpopular opinion that Saber should be the link between anime and Smash. Why? Because unlike Goku she actually debuted in a video game (a visual novel to be precise). Now of course said game was originally a hentai which you know Nintendo would want to distance themselves from, but I’d still rate her chances ever so slightly higher than Goku’s (plus it’s Fate’s 15th anniversary in January, maybe Type-Moon will want extra promotion? Idk).

That’s just my two cents, but you will NEVER see Goku in Smash as long as Sakurai is in charge, no matter what.
Unironically, I do want Saber from the Fate series, she's on my Wishlist. I mean wielding an invisible sword that shoots tornadoes, creates Hurricanes, and shoots beams of light count me in.

I'm pretty sure if Snake and Bayonetta can make it to Smash without bringing along their smoking, drug use, alcohol, nudity, and gory Medieval torture devices, then I'm sure Saber can enter into Smash without hentai.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJNbVvAQ44

Look at this awful video, bullying Chris Taylor (SpookyWoobler) everyone report this video
Now i think all SONY fans are toxic
Ugh, I hope that video gets taken down.

Poor Chris Taylor, he got his wish and got to play Ultimate before he died of cancer...We should all pray for him.

The peoples who are insulting him, like that person in the video, are just toxic peoples. They need to learn to stop being toxic and actually respect that person, NOT being a bully and toxic. This is disgusting.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I hope that video gets taken down.

Poor Chris Taylor, he got his wish and got to play Ultimate before he died of cancer...We should all pray for him.

The peoples who are insulting him, like that person in the video, are just toxic peoples. They need to learn to stop being toxic and actually respect that person, NOT being a bully and toxic. This is disgusting.
I reported that video for bullying too, this guy and his friends are toxic, I’d never wish death upon someone like they’re doing in the comments, these people are really sick and need help.

This video needs to be taken down, it’s beyond toxicity.

EDIT: I like Sony too, but I don’t act like this to other people, this guy also shows a lack of empathy which is a characteristic of a sociopath.
Heck even a twitter account that was made to insult Nintendo knew that that guy was pychopathic
as much as I like Spyro and Crash in Smash, after that i don't think they should be in Smash, i'm not hating on SONY i think it's decent but it's the fans that need fixing

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good morning. Just checked the blog.
Kapp'n is my second favorite assist trophy in general after the Moon. And they're both new.
So I may end up playing with assists on more often.
And definitely if they finally let us toggle what assists will pop out.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Heck even a twitter account that was made to insult Nintendo knew that that guy was pychopathic
as much as I like Spyro and Crash in Smash, after that i don't think they should be in Smash, i'm not hating on SONY i think it's decent but it's the fans that need fixing
I'd still be fine with Crash and Spyro as they're not owned by Sony
Well Spyro is owned by Actovison and Crash is owned by mad dogs but they're Playstation Mascots
Nah, Crash and Spyro are both currently owned by Activision, they're innocent. now Kratos and Parappa on the other hand... Let's just stick with Crash an Spyro for PS Representation

Last edited:

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
Makes sense. They'll probably also talk about online too, which they were probably saving until after paid online services launched in September. Anyway, single-player content and online are the only two areas we know little to nothing about. This means they're the two big areas they could still potentially drop the ball with. Still, with the other content looking so good, this hopefully won't be the case.
Yes. The online makes a lot of sense especially now that the service is up and comercially available. They should really harp on the fact that dedicated servers will (hopefully) be used with the Switch Online, the fact that you can play with people across the world without lag issues, etc.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
If we don't get a spookier reveal than Castlevania this month I'll be disappointed.

Agreed, it would definitely be a surprising PR move to reveal the Belmonts and their castle etc spooky theme in August and not have waited until Halloween for it if they didn't have anything planned for late October.

Heck, I think we all would've been satisfied with Chrome, Dark Samus and the last reveal trailer for King K. Rool in August.

Pakky

Smash Hero
A part of me thinks Xenoblade or Arms has to be in the base roster.

I don't know where this too new argument came from:ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:

Also project Moonfall :ultshulk:(despite what PR speak says) could be why Skull Kid gets in if he gets in, in anyway.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
A part of me thinks Xenoblade or Arms has to be in the base roster.

I don't know where this too new argument came from:ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:

Also project Moonfall :ultshulk:(despite what PR speak says) could be why Skull Kid gets in if he gets in, in anyway.
Xenoblade maybe but Arms 0% in base maybe DLC as final roster was finallized Late 2015/Early 2016
Also Bayonetta 1 released in 2009 and Corrin was considered for base roster then cut due to Sakurai thinking FE is oversaturaised

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed, it would definitely be a surprising PR move to reveal the Belmonts and their castle etc spooky theme in August and not have waited until Halloween for it if they didn't have anything planned for late October.

Heck, I think we all would've been satisfied with Chrome, Dark Samus and the last reveal trailer for King K. Rool in August.
Hell, it would even help the animated series considering the second season comes out at the end of this month

D

Deleted member

Plus it was the Jump series that had functionality with the Smash amiibo.

Wii Fit Nami for Smash or riot.
Wow, I love that lol. Kinda sucks Luffy gets stuck with mario and Ussop doesn't really strike me as being Yoshi, but the rest make sense. A lot of sense, actually. Think luffy is just Mario due to being the main character and you can't just not have mario lol. Not sure who I'd have Luffy or Usopp as, though.

Man....now I really want to see all of these...or at least some as actual alternate costumes. Zoro Link, Franky Kong, and Brooke Marth especially lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
**** allegations, cyber bullying, the month barely even started and it's already a scary time. :nervous:

I'm pretty sure if Snake and Bayonetta can make it to Smash without bringing along their smoking, drug use, alcohol, nudity, and gory Medieval torture devices, then I'm sure Saber can enter into Smash without hentai.
Any M-rated character can potentially get in when the less kid-friendly elements are removed, even the Doom marine.

This is probably what Sakurai meant about blowing their load too early, the Simon/Richter reveal would have been thematically appropriate this month. Unless they got something equivalent to that planned in mind.

In the meantime, Luigi's Mansion is coming soon, so I expect Luigi to get a blog post sometime this month.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, I can accept that there won't be all too many unique newcomers for the base roster. We might see some more with DLC, and that's fine since the roster is gigantic already, has all the fan favorites in now, and "everyone is here". But I cannot shake why we didn't see far more Echoes as of yet. Having those we have at the current moment is just a extra, and all of those besides Chrom seem random to me. I really do hope to see more Echoes being revealed, even if they have to end up being DLC. There are just far too many good ones to miss out on, and that would be a shame.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I really thought we were over 12-year-old tier console war garbage by now.

How the ever loving #### is Sony somehow stained by an asshole on the internet being an asshole?

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
There is 0% chance that this is the last Smash game. This franchise is arguably one of their most lucrative, and they would never throw it away just because of the chance they might not top this game's heights afterwards.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Xenoblade maybe but Arms 0% in base maybe DLC as final roster was finallized Late 2015/Early 2016

Also Bayonetta 1 released in 2009 and Corrin was considered for base roster then cut due to Sakurai thinking FE is oversaturaised
Corrin didn't even exist when the roster for Smash 4 was decided on in 2012.

At any rate, Corrin's game was already released in Japan by the time Sakurai decided on him as DLC, so he's a poor example to defend the idea of an ARMS character being in the base roster.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
There is 0% chance that this is the last Smash game. This franchise is arguably one of their most lucrative, and they would never throw it away just because of the chance they might not top this game's heights afterwards.
If anything, it may be Sakurai's last Smash game. I doubt it, but given the insane amount of work he puts in, I'm not sure how long he can keep doing this.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Unironically, I do want Saber from the Fate series, she's on my Wishlist. I mean wielding an invisible sword that shoots tornadoes, creates Hurricanes, and shoots beams of light count me in.

Valid points, she’s on mine as well. Let’s hope Nintendo and Type-Moon are willing to play ball someday.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd still be fine with Crash and Spyro as they're not owned by Sony

Nah, Crash and Spyro are both currently owned by Activision, they're innocent. now Kratos and Parappa on the other hand... Let's just stick with Crash an Spyro for PS Representation
I would mind Spyro, but I'd love to have, Kat from Gravity Rush before either of them.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This attitude you have makes you just as bad those “Sony fanboys” you despise. You’re stereotyping an entire fanbase based on the actions of one moron. Crash and Spyro shouldn’t be in because one lunatic decided to be an asshole online? Are you serious? Listen to how ridiculous that sounds.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This attitude you have makes you just as bad those “Sony fanboys” you despise. You’re stereotyping an entire fanbase based on the actions of one moron. Crash and Spyro shouldn’t be in because one lunatic decided to be an ******* online? Are you serious? Listen to how ridiculous that sounds.
Yeah, it's bad enough that Waluigi's fanbase gets branded as devils just because of a few morons that harassed Sakurai on Twitter. We're better than this.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
In a completely unrelated topic, I'm wondering what happens when you get caught by Kapp'n on a stage with no walkoffs. Does he drive right off the stage?

D

Deleted member

In a completely unrelated topic, I'm wondering what happens when you get caught by Kapp'n on a stage with no walkoffs. Does he drive right off the stage?
Good question. You'd think they would have addressed that in the blog. 2 possibilities, I'd imagine:
1) Drives right off the edge and plunges into the abyss
2) Drives off the edge, but keeps going straight; driving on air as it goes off screen as it would normally

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Good question. You'd think they would have addressed that in the blog. 2 possibilities, I'd imagine:
1) Drives right off the edge and plunges into the abyss
2) Drives off the edge, but keeps going straight; driving on air as it goes off screen as it would normally
If it's the former it'll be really freaking funny, maybe Kapp'n had a few shots before he got invited.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I know that some people may be put off by others who are a bit... vocal in their opinions, but if you like the character and you want to see them in Smash, those people shouldn't stop you from supporting them.

But seriously, don't generalize a group of people based on the actions of one. I'm sure 99% of the people here would hate if the entire Smash community was represented by a trolling, hardcore Waluigi "fanboy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom