• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Who is Boshi? Is he a fan-made character? Please don't hate me I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to video games.
A blue yoshi with sunglasses who appeared briefly in Super Mario RPG.
I personally thought he was cool and wished he had continued to show up in Mario games in the future as a sort of rival for Yoshi.

He never showed up again though. He's a very minor character but people still like him.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
See, it's not as simple as that. I've always had an interest in Yoshi, but the fanaticism you see displayed before you today was not an instantaneous thing. It just sort of creeped up on me and went down a rabbit hole. I can't give any of you a straight answer...
Then give us a crooked answer. Are you a furry? That’s cool. I don’t care how you get yours. Lol. I joke, but it’s also true. Wouldn’t bother me.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry folks, we've run out of time. I hope you all a goodnight and dreams without death. Goodnight Smashboards, goodnight

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So Loz18 can predict natural disasters now? That IS morbid.
I don't think Loz can predict disasters.

But he could have a contact with Nintendo that knew the direct would be delayed.

If you think about it in a conspiracy theorist way, he showed up that night, made that point in basically his first post, and hasn't been seen since.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly the only reason I think loz said "Lower your expectations" is because he doesn't actually know any information and was just getting cold feet after hyping people up for Skull Kid or Isaac during the direct and he didn't want a strong backlash if he was wrong.

Also if it turns out to be Geno, then screw loz. "Lower your expectations. it's just geno"

Loz clarified he personally didn't want people to be disappointed which is why he said "lower your expectations." I don't understand why everything has to be some sort of scheme.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think Loz can predict disasters.

But he could have a contact with Nintendo that knew the direct would be delayed.

If you think about it in a conspiracy theorist way, he showed up that night, made that point in basically his first post, and hasn't been seen since.
...Yeah, he kinda just appeared, said "Lower your expectations", proved it was him, and then bailed.

That is pretty weird, especially when one of the first things he said was for us to basically expect the worst.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And now for today's traffic!
A plumber, gorilla, turtle, and space princess seem to be having some sort of illegal go kart race in the middle of the highway. They're hurling dangerous weaponry at everyone who gets in their way, such as fire balls, bombs, and banana peals.

And now for what Mr.Sakurai had for lunch and how it proves that Bubsy the Bobcat is going to be the next newcomer in Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
...Yeah, he kinda just appeared, said "Lower your expectations", proved it was him, and then bailed.

That is pretty weird, especially when one of the first things he said was for us to basically expect the worst.
I don't think it's implying the direct, because I'm pretty sure when he said that the disasters hadn't happened yet.

I'm replaying Super Mario RPG on my SNES Classic, I wonder if we'll get everyone's favorite character from that game in Smash.

Croco for smash! Damn! Where's the support thread? I'm in! :p

Seriously, would be a cool AT tho.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
See, it's not as simple as that. I've always had an interest in Yoshi, but the fanaticism you see displayed before you today was not an instantaneous thing. It just sort of creeped up on me and went down a rabbit hole. I can't give any of you a straight answer...
Now you've really got me intrigued.

But if you don't want to talk about it, I'll respect it.

Wasn't the Earthquake several hours before the cancellation? I know there were two quakes that day, at the very least.
The quake was before the Loz post by at least a few hours.

Loz clarified he personally didn't want people to be disappointed which is why he said "lower your expectations." I don't understand why everything has to be some sort of scheme.
It's funner to think everything is connected in some sort of grander purpose than viewing life as a series of isolated, independent events.

Because without connection, what is the purpose of life?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Skull Kid gonna be a boss
Isaac gonna be an assist
Boshi Confirmed
No more Newcomers
That's nonsense. My sources have told me we're getting 2 more newcomers after that.
Steve from Minecraft and Sans from Undertale are both newcomers.
Geno is also playable, but an echo fighter of Mii gunner.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
HA! Believe it or not, I used to be a scaly, but it had NOTHING to do with Yoshi.
I do believe it. Lol. Fact is stranger than pudding....or...:how ever than saying goes.
If you wanna PM me, I’m interested in strange journeys people take. I’m A psychology buff anyway, so I like perspectives.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That's nonsense. My sources have told me we're getting 2 more newcomers after that.
Then the first wave of DLC will be announced

Goku Blue and Base Goku

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't have Gothitelle so I don't buy it.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
You say that..but I think Rare had just barely started its downhill turn, Donkey Kong 64 was a disappointment for many, Banjo-Tooie wasn't seen as good as Banjo-Kazooie, barely anyone talks about Jet Force Gemini or even Perfect Dark, and Star Fox Adventures wasn't super well received.

Bear in mind that I love all of those games, I'm simply saying that Nintendo may have realized Rare wasn't as good as it had been between Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie.
Not to mention that a lot of the actual talent were leaving in droves by then, which I'm sure was a major contributor.

I can easily see Nintendo looking at Rare's situation and whether purchasing them in that state would benefit the company and going "nah".

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I can confirm some of your information. Sans is a Ness echo fighter. I herd the Pope called Sakurai and told him to add Sans to the game after he played Undertale

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys.

1st: Room with barrels, ladder and jungle plants hinting to King K. Rool
2nd: Room with yellow and purple chairs meaning Tael and Tatl and the color schemes of the pillows indicates Skull Kid
3rd: Donkey Kong positioned the same way as Karate Joe is at the TV in K. Rool's reveal trailer indicates an Rhythm Heaven rep (Especially being one was planned for Smash 4).
4th: Rathatos picture with characters positioned the same way as enemies are fought in Golden Sun and the sun when DK and K. Rool slams their fists at the end of the trailer indicates Isaac.

All too big to be coincidences.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Speaking of Yoshi reps/Echoes;
Anyone think the Stork could be an Echo of Yoshi? With Luigi's side B and instead of eating people and turning people into eggs, he just ties them up into giant baby bindles? Up B throws babyless (hopefully) bindles? Or maybe he throws dirty diapers... I think adding Stork screams Sakurai... even if the proportions are a bit different than Yoshi's.
(I don't actually think this would happen, the idea humors me greatly though).

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Guys.

2nd: Room with yellow and purple chairs meaning Tael and Tatl and the color schemes of the pillows indicates Skull Kid
3rd: Donkey Kong positioned the same way as Karate Joe is at the TV in K. Rool's reveal trailer indicates an Rhythm Heaven rep (Especially being one was planned for Smash 4).
4th: Rathatos picture with characters positioned the same way as enemies are fought in Golden Sun and the sun when DK and K. Rool slams their fists at the end of the trailer indicates Isaac.

Too big you say? I agree it's all too big to make sense. Ridley gave his size to these theories and they just won't fit together anymore. :ultridley:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Guys.

Number 3 is goofy.
That's a very common pose in Japan media. It's to indicate the character is lazy.
Also did you know the sun actually exists outside of Golden Sun and can be used just to make something look cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom