• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20180908_07/
>99 percent of power supply restored in Hokkaido
Yeah, we're getting a Direct sooner than later.
Man, you would not BELIEVE the biggest breath of relief I took just now. Just found out earlier today that some people I know are in Hokkaido, so I'm glad things are going swiftly and people are getting safe. If you ask me, that's a bigger "reveal" than anything the Direct would give us. Thank God, man.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Actually I would argue Lady Bow treats her leaks so differently that they seem more believable.
I get what you're saying, but I really feel like there's a decent chance everyone is just misunderstanding the whole thing. At the moment I don't feel like it's worth putting too much stock into, because she's not even pretending to be a leaker, if she did then I could buy her having actual inside information due to her predictions, I can't really bank on her hiding her leaks behind a veil of funny forum avatars.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
By the logic I’m seeing today, Ridley and K. Rool have been safe guesses since before 2008.

I’m being ironic, but that’s a safe guess, too.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ifyouaskmeheshouldn'thavebeenfiredbecausethosejokeswere10yearsagobutthatsanotherthread.
Exactly. Now vol.3 is on hold and Batista (Drax) might leave them for a WWE comeback all because of Disney wanting a family-friendly image...even though Marvel are the ones who makes the MCU movies/shows for them

On the bright side their ff stuff doesn’t do damage to those who want Sora in Smash
That really sucked. Can't even lie about that.
Worst thing is that he apologized about the jokes before working on Guardians, then apologized again and even accepted his firing...like damn Disney it was 10 years ago
Shantae's next.
In my dreams.
One day Shantae joining won’t be a dream
they never are easy guess until they get revealed.
Unless they’re Inklings of course (cause everyone called them being in the next Smash even without the announcement of the game)
They can watch the Direct later.
181DAF4B-A866-4441-9B74-A432A1290475.png

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
>Smash is a celebration of video game history
>He debuted on a Nintendo platform
>He's also known as the worst character in all of video game history
He's in.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I got nothing.

Racist dude's a fraud, with him being 23 minutes late.

Other than that, it's nothing but text leaks and "reset the clock!" comments from people like loz18.

Now, I call myself they call me mr. leakerman, and I say that the Direct will be on Sunday.

Why? Because why not.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Obviously the only safe prediction is to go with unsafe predictions.

Bonk, Mike Jones, Ryu Hayabusa, and Crono are all in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No. People go missing all the time. The world doesn’t stop turning because of it. Japan just suffered a crushing blow to their country, but if you expect Nintendo to wait until each and every person is present and accounted for, you’re in for a rude awakening.
You...no to all of what you’re saying

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No. People go missing all the time. The world doesn’t stop turning because of it. Japan just suffered a crushing blow to their country, but if you expect Nintendo to wait until each and every person is present and accounted for, you’re in for a rude awakening.
Are you just going to ignore the sick, revolting joke you just made about the death of innocent people and act like we ignored it as well or what.
The **** is wrong with you dude. Get outta here.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This is about people who went missing from the earthquake, NOT people who are missing in general.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just give them a bit more time...

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I think the only character we all knew would be in was Inkling, which is probably why they revealed them alongside the game lol

Also, I think after I saw that everyone was here, I knew this was a fan servicey game so I was sure Ridley was in but still wouldn’t have been surprised if he wasn’t.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I had a dream last night that went like this.

Rayquaza appears in a Pokemon arena, roaring menacingly.

On the other side of the arena are the confirmed Smash Pokemon, charging forward.

Rayquaza makes quick work of Jiggs and Pichu. Greninja unleashed a flurry of attacks but is knocked away.

Squirtle and Ivysaur shoot Hyrdopump and Solar Beam, and Rayq defeats then by returning a Dragon Pulse.

Zard and Lucario Mega Evolve and rush in. They get some hits in and the battle is fierce, but eventually Rayq defeats them too.

Only Pikachu is left, and Rayquaza rushes forward. There's a flash of flames, and Rayquaza is stopped.

Incineroar lariats Rayquaza to the ground.

Cuts to gameplay footage.

Returns to the cutscene, and Rayq Mega Evolves. Pikachu suits up into Pikachu Libre, and Incineroar and Pikachu dash in together.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Ridley was a never ever until E3.
K.Rool was a never ever until 8.8.

It's not healthy to pretend things didn't happen. Now that they're both in all bets are off on who "won't be in".

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
How could you...?! I thought you were kind but now I see you as very rude! How could you be like this heartless?! What have we done to you?! What have they done to make you think this way?!

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
4chan is down the street.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Man, you would not BELIEVE the biggest breath of relief I took just now. Just found out earlier today that some people I know are in Hokkaido, so I'm glad things are going swiftly and people are getting safe. If you ask me, that's a bigger "reveal" than anything the Direct would give us. Thank God, man.
Truly. The speed of reconstruction is refreshing to see after the U.S. has been wracked by similar disasters, especially with how Puerto Rico only got power back a month ago.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Are you just going to ignore the sick, revolting joke you just made about the death of innocent people and act like we ignored it as well or what.
The **** is wrong with you dude. Get outta here.
Goodie, Heartless bull****.
Between you and the scumbag racist today's just WONDERFUL ain't it
I don’t disagree, but I don’t think you guys want your spirits tamed in legendary fashion. :p

D

Deleted member

Agreed. Best news all day for me; peoples' lives are more important than a silly video game.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
To quote Jim Gaffigan, we should be allowed to hurt these people
I, just can't even with you. "Monster" is the best adjective I've got

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Are...you serious right now

Have you forgotten people DIED? Let the deceased’s loved ones grieve, Christ

*sigh* this thread is just giving me too much stress rn...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Geez dude, have some respect for those who are missing and those who have lost their loved ones. I kinda understand the point you're trying to make, but geez there are way better ways to say it.

D

Deleted member

Truly. The speed of reconstruction is refreshing to see after the U.S. has been wracked by similar disasters, especially with how Puerto Rico only got power back a month ago.
I wanna learn their secrets, man. Being in the U.S. and having to deal with long periods of re-construction with a pint of uncertainty blows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
It was back in Smash 4. The text was there: 'Ballot might be used for future Smash games'
The Japanese Ballot had an additional line of text that stated suggestions might be used for future entries.
Then I think that, knowing this information, Ridley and K. Rool wouldn't be as far into left field as we think.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Thanks goodness to my Big Sis, too. She moved to Japan, and when I heard of that earthquake I panicked a lot. But now she's all fine!

She's 5 years older than me by the way. Attending university there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom