• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Would OoT Link appear as the Hero's Shade? :p
Sakurai then allows an aesthetics option for FSs for the sake of this. With this, you can make any FE character appear in Robin's FS, and it doesn't have to make sense

I always get conflicted with the existence of the Hero's Shade, though, but I guess it would be nice.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The "Ninian is not Roy's canonical mother because FE6 doesn't confirm it" thing is the biggest denial from shippers I've ever seen. If FE6 came out after FE7? Yeah, then it would be a good point but I don't think you guys know how prequels work.
It's like saying Padme isn't Luke's mother just because she isn't acknowledged in the original trilogy.
Um, I actually saw Padme give birth to Luke, so there's quite a difference.

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kids hype entirely is dictated by the next reveal. If he’s not then he loses all the momentum all the fake leaks and hype that have been built up.

Gen 7 mon is more a personal feeling. I just think they’d have shown them by now. As I said I’m possibly wrong.
I mean... it's not like hype dictates who gets revealed and when. These things - more than ever now, due to the fighter order in the in-game roster - are in a fixed order. If he doesn't get revealed in the next direct, the hype may go down, but his chances will remain the same.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I think after this ****show with this Direct, I can see Nintendo moving their usual January Directs forward and feel like we're gonna have another Direct in December as a do-over for this one. While it'd be more fitting to have it in January to cover the last of Winter games-Spring and onwards, this situation really screwed them over big time.

As such, I think in that December Direct we might get confirmation of DLC for Smash Ultimate. Or, at least a TEASE for continued support of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I made a very optimistic roster I'd be glad with:

Unique Fighters (10):
Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool:
Confirmed
Dillon: Among the other assist trophy absence he seems to be the most likely.
Isaac: Smash Ballot.
Incineroar: Seems like he is the one who gonna be heavily featured in the anime, just like Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo were last time.
Lloyd: DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool (and flying man but they had an unused 3d model of him so nevermind).
Geno: Smash Ballot.
Jumpman: The surprise character and a retro pick. Every smash has one and I don't think this one will be exeption. And since Takamaru and Sheriff are deconfirmed, Prince Sable is Japan exclusive, Jumpman is one of the last noticiable retro reps.

Echo Fighters (13):
Dark Samus, Daisy, Chrom, Richter:
Confirmed
Ninten: Seems really easy to implement and makes a lot of sense. He is Lucas's echo since he does not have a yo-yo.
Isabelle: New face of animal crossing.
Black Knight and Shadow, and Black Shadow: Castle seige absence and assist trophy likely gone. Black Knight was a DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool. And with Dark Samus and Dark Pit it seems we are getting some dark themed echo fighters.
Dixie Kong: Change Diddy's Up-B, give him Tiny Kong's Feather Bow, and ta-da, Dixie.
Ken: Original Echo Fighter.
Celica: Robin without limited magic, just like Lucina is Marth without tipper and Chrom is Roy without the hilt.
That'd be pretty cool. I don't think many people have entertained the thought of Jumpman, at least not to my knowledge

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Unique Fighters (10):
Confirmed
Incineroar: Seems like he is the one who gonna be heavily featured in the anime, just like Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo were last time.
Lloyd: DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool (and flying man but they had an unused 3d model of him so nevermind).
Jumpman: The surprise character and a retro pick. Every smash has one and I don't think this one will be exeption. And since Takamaru and Sheriff are deconfirmed, Prince Sable is Japan exclusive, Jumpman is one of the last noticiable retro reps.

Echo Fighters (13):
Confirmed
Ninten: Seems really easy to implement and makes a lot of sense. He is Lucas's echo since he does not have a yo-yo.
Black Knight and Shadow, and Black Shadow: Castle seige absence and assist trophy likely gone. Black Knight was a DLC pack 3 mii costume along with Chrom and K. Rool. And with Dark Samus and Dark Pit it seems we are getting some dark themed echo fighters.
Dixie Kong: Change Diddy's Up-B, give him Tiny Kong's Feather Bow, and ta-da, Dixie.
Celica: Robin without limited magic, just like Lucina is Marth without tipper and Chrom is Roy without the hilt.
Mad respect for choosing Jumpman as the surprise character. Though I suspect you won't be having that choice for long with the next prediction roster. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That'd be pretty cool. I don't think many people have entertained the thought of Jumpman, at least not to my knowledge
That's because we already have Mario.

...Twice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Robin using Grima for his Final Smash completely flies in the face of Robin's character. I doubt Sakurai would be that careless with character interpretation.
Inb4 Smash Robin is the Robin from Heroes giving the excuse to have Grima being used as a final smash...also Christmas and Summer Robin alts

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I know but he looks like and the removal may have been to avoid confusion.
I posted this in another thread, but because people won't stop thinking that Black Knight is on Castle Siege, here's another comparison.

Here's a picture of Black Knight:
250px-Black_Knight_FERD.png

And, here's a picture of the general on Castle Siege:
120px-Gene_10.png

From a distance, they look similar, but up close they look nothing alike.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Robin's final smash is him grabbing you and stabbing you through the chest with a lightning spear.

This is twice as effective on Chrom.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Part of me just wonders if theyre going to just upload the direct like they did with that one back in January and not bother streaming it.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
It’d be cool if Robin’s new final smash was commanding some of the awakening units (like Cordelia, Tharja, etc.) to beat up the targeted players since he’s a tactician lol

It might end up being Ignis though

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized that the way cloud saves are gonna work could quite possibly work like the Wii's save data.

The Wii blocked you from copying any save data from a game with any online functionality. Didn't matter how much it was used, either: If the game connected to the internet in any way, you could not back-up your save. If my theory is true, then Smash probably won't allow cloud saves either.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh that's a relief. I hope everyone's doing okay over there
Yeah, I remember when I lost power during HS, and I even correctly predicted when it would come back! The wait wasn't too fun though, or the sudden blackout at night.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree with this.

Undertale's... trappings make for an interesting metagame (in the sense that it's an external factor that influences the game), but it doesn't necessarily make for a good game.

Granted, the game is good, but the Genocide/Pacifist dichotomy it has dominates it.

You shouldn't lock the player out from parts of the game because they want to play the game a different way first. Especially since they're paying money for the product.
I think you're overstating when you say locked out. Doing genocide first changes very little about pacifist run, it's still available to you. It just reminds you that you did genocide first because as I said earlier, a theme of the game is that actions have consequences.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Woomy
Kirby was available in the Smash 4 E3/Best Buy demos, but interestingly Link wasn't in the 3DS demo, despite being a more basic character and being Nintendo's #2 or #3 character (instead having Toon Link). Your point still stands though.
Link was in the 3DS demo. I played it almost constantly until the game came out, I would know.

D

Deleted member

I know many people got power back, so it could be possible.

Edit::ultgreninja:'d
Hold up, I thought that the trade minister said that it'd take about a week to restore power? Huh. Guess we might have a turnaround. Nonetheless, obviously this is a relief to hear.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

Unique Fighters (10):
Confirmed

Echo Fighters (13):
Confirmed
Jumpman would actually be a third Mario I'd like, just for the sheer unpredictableness of his inclusion altogether

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Isn't Famitsu coming out really soon? If they don't want to have Smash stuff leak before the direct then I assume the direct will be coming really soon.

But then again Japan just went through some nasty stuff so I don't think this is really the highest priority. Would be unfortunate if we got a crazy character reveal ruined by a leak though.

EDIT: Just read apparently this Famitsu thing will have nothing Smash because we just got something about the music? Forget this post lol.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Honestly I feel that the only somewhat recognizable retro reps left are Excitebike and Donkey Kong Jr.

I'd definitely want to see one of those two.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hold up, I thought that the trade minister said that it'd take about a week to restore power? Huh. Guess we might have a turnaround. Nonetheless, obviously this is a relief to hear.
It sucks to think that some of the people who died could have been Smash fans like us, but they will never get to play Ultimate. Either way, nobody should have died at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom