• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
WHAT?

Holy **** it's coming! And this is right before my Birthday, so I'm praying for a Happy Birthday Tails and Dovahkiin.
It's 3 days before mine, heh. So I'd love the early birthday present of Tails too. Though I doubt it will be. My guess is either Isaac or Skull Kid if there's a Smash reveal. Maybe an echo or two.

Though I also got to think of the possibility there is no Smash reveal in it though they may at least have an "Announcement of an announcement" for the next Smash Direct if they don't reveal anything Smash-wise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm positive we'll get a newcomer, either at the start or at the end, I see absolutely no reason not to think so, and the ~35 minutes runtime more than makes room for it aswell.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The March Direct was also at midnight for us Europeans iirc, hopefully it'll deliver like that one did.
I see what I can do, I may be able to watch the direct live, but if I don't feel it, I just have to see it when I wake up. I am big fan of Smash, but I am also a human who has work early in the morning, it pain me alot if I really can't make it, but even then, it's not like I lose a leg or something if I don't watch it live, so we see.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
We are probably getting one character at most this time with the promise of a larger direct in the middle of November. Nothing more. Nothing less. This is not a smash direct, they cannot focus all their time on it.
If it comes down to revealing characters, K. Rool(a big blowout reveal) was under 2 min. Echoes are shorter and could easily be shorter than the reveal plus explanation of the full smash direct. Could reveal three characters in the span of a few minutes.

Time isn’t really an issue. It’s the remaining pool of characters.

kylexv

Smash Master
Back during pre-release Smash For period, did any Direct happen where they didn't reveal a newcomer? I can't remember one.
General Directs between E3 2013 and the release of Smash 3DS:

August 7, 2013: :ultluigi: was revealed
October 1, 2013: :ultsonic: was revealed
November 13, 2013: No reveal
December 18, 2013: :ultrosalina: was revealed
January 17, 2014 (3DS Direct): No reveal
February 13, 2014: :ultlittlemac: was revealed
E3 2014: :ultmiifighters: and :ultpalutena: were revealed during the presentation, :ultpacman: was behind closed doors
July 11, 2014 (3DS Direct): No reveal. However, :ultrobin and :ultlucina: were revealed 3 days later
August 29, 2014 (3DS Direct, Japan only): :ultshulk: was revealed

So yes. Yes there was.
Also holy crap, it's weird going back to times where we'd have like one general direct a month.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have a feeling that if we're getting a newcomer announced it won't be from a new series.
Only reason I feel this way is that they'd need a new stage, and when simon/ricther were announced they talked about the stage a lot. That's why the direct ended with K Rool, no stage to talk about
So I feel it's going to be Skull Kid, we already have a MM related stage so it'd be safe to end on.

Of course again, this is just looking at patterns that may not exist.
The thing about the Castlevania stage is they had quite a bit to talk about.

Let's say the new character is Isaac and his stage is the Venus Lighthouse Aerie, there probably wouldn't be much needed to be said about it.

The most notable thing about the place (besides being the location of the Final Boss of GS1) is that it breaks apart (and then reforms) when the Lighthouse is lit.

You could probably get away with it being almost entirely visual, with no explanation until the inevitable Blog Post.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
First direct in 2 years I'll be able to watch. Thank god, it sucks having to avoid the internet spoilers and find the direct at the same time lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Outside of Smash, what are you expecting and what are you hoping for?

I'm expecting something on Splatoon 2 given that the monthly update has been delayed.
I'm hoping for a teaser for Animal Crossing Switch

D

Deleted member

>3DS
3DS technology was developed by using the remains of an Immortal
GOOGLE alerted me to a game on Resetera:
Eh it sounded more fun before before I posted.
Character: Wonder-Red(moveset focuses on Red's own abilities. Final Smash is the Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow)
Echo Fighter: Prince Vorkken(sacrifices speed in exchange for damage. Different Final Smash too, being his Unite-Boomerang that wouldn't be used anywhere else on his moveset.)
Assist Trophy: Wonder-Blue
Stage: Operation 000(the prologue scene, fight takes place on top of the moving bus)
Boss: Jergingha(consists of three ohases, during the first, he stands in the background while attacking with tentacles that must be destroyed, he then transforms into his Wonder-Jergingha form for the second ohase and finishes the fight by turning into his Planetary Destruction Form.
*midnight* It's ok Nintendo I didn't want to go to bed tomorrow anyway, work will understand
I'll PM you with cryptic memes of whatever gets announced
I'm confident whoever gets revealed tomorrow will have a name that starts with I. Whether it's Isabelle, Incineroar, or Isaac remains to be seen.
Izuku Midoriya confirmed :^)
smh y'all going nuts over Smash. I, a Galaxy Brain however, am gonna bite someone's **** off out of excitement for Dream Friends Wave 3
What's the difference tho?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd imagine we are getting a Pokemon tomorrow. Maybe they will save bigger name reveals for a Smash dedicated Direct.Who knows at this point.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd imagine we are getting a Pokemon tomorrow. Maybe they will save bigger name reveals for a Smash dedicated Direct.Who knows at this point.
Pokemon Let's Go news plus New Pokemon in Smash would be a cool combo.

Though they're revealing somethign new Pokemon on Japanese TV this Sunday IIRC.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
I'm gunna be pessimistic and say that we'll get, at most, a date for a later Smash direct. The last one was only a month ago, and E3 was 2 months before that.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I still say we're absolutely getting some smash info and for sure getting at least one character. Smash is their biggest game right now and it's not even close. No way there's no mention of it, and if there's a mention, pretty much guaranteed a new character will come. It's an easy way to build hype for the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel like if we get an echo tomorrow it'll have to be someone who can tie in with a regular newcomer's trailer, because besides maybe a small gameplay showcase when they're presenting the online service I don't think we'll see Smash stuff outside of a newcomer trailer. Smash's role in this Direct will likely be the exact same as it was during the general Nintendo Directs in the Smash 4 days, I certainly don't expect to see Sakurai.

Possible mashups I can think of are Skull Kid + Impa (Zelda) and Incineroar + Ken (Fire Fighters).

Last edited:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be optimistic and mention the slight possibility that the Smash release date will be pulled forward.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm positive we'll get a newcomer, either at the start or at the end, I see absolutely no reason not to think so, and the ~35 minutes runtime more than makes room for it aswell.
This is honestly why I'm confident we will get Smash news. That's almost as long as the E3 direct and half of that was Smash lol.

And I'm seriously calling Nintendo's bluff that they have anything else big this year. Mayyyybe a port, and likely a big third party, but nothing too big from them besides Mario Party, Pokemon and Smash.

It is important to point out it doesn't say 2018 games specifically, so we could get a peak into 2019.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think this ever happens, would mess with retail stuff too much.
Happened with the Crash N.Sane Switch port, and closer to release than this.

That was just a port though, and Smash is a different cup of tea, and a game I feel like they can spend so much time polishing that there's really no need to pull it forward, only if Nintendo really pressured them to make Black Friday (which I can't see as Pokémon has that covered).

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
We'll get one fighter at the end. That's pretty much how they handled Smash 4 in most of the other Directs.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
what else could the Direct hold....I personal think we'll get a name for the Yoshi game, maybe new Mario Kart DLC? prolly more things added to Odyssey and Star Allies....but beyond that, I'm kind of curious what Nintendo will pull for the direct

I hope the Smash reveal will be a decent one (prolly not Geno, save him for a bigger Smash direct), but Isaac and/or Isabelle would be decent enough for me!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My prediction is that whatever Nintendo shows off as features for the online; it will not be as adequate for online services for 2018 standards.

D

Deleted member

Linkle? I'll take her
I feel like if we get an echo tomorrow it'll have to be someone who can tie in with a regular newcomer's trailer, because besides maybe a small gameplay showcase when they're presenting the online service I don't think we'll see Smash stuff outside of a newcomer trailer. Smash's role in this Direct will likely be the exact same as it was during the general Nintendo Directs in the Smash 4 days, I certainly don't expect to see Sakurai.

Possible mashups I can think of are Skull Kid + Impa (Zelda) and Incineroar + Ken (Fire Fighters).
Nah, it'll be Chun-Li+Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom