• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I got my Simon K Rool Chrom Daisy now I need Rayman Geno Dixie Kong Elma Incineroar Chorus Kids and Excitebike Im done so long smashboards my life and journey is completed.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Many stages have been re titled. For example, there are two Dreamlands that are now titled "Dreamland" and "Dreamland GB".

Mute City from Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS is titled "Mute City SNES". So look forward to seeing Mute City from Super Smash Bros Melee, and keep your hopes up for the return of many other returning stages.

Like, Pac-Maze, now that we have both Green Hill Zone AND Windy Hill Zone.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool ruled the competition and our hearts.
I am so glad this king is here.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Y'know i wonder how much the moon being the majora's mask assist trophy shown affects Skull kids chances. On one hand, if the moon is meant to replace him, he's got a good shot then. On the other hand, I really can't think of a final smash for skull kid that isn't literally the assist trophy so maybe this really hurts him.

Hmm...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The best part about K. Rool is that he has a Counter.
So, let me get this straight:
N-Spec: Crown/Gun/Counter
S-Spec: Crown/Gun
U-Spec: Backpack Heli
D-Spec: Crown/Gun/Counter

That's what I'm thinkin' so far.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, a bunch of characters certainly got promoted from AT/regular trophy status, today.

But man, what a rush. Where do I begin?

Both stages that I wanted back, Peach's Castle 64 and Kirby's Dream Land are in. The dream is real.

Simon's reveal. I knew he was here the very SECOND the direct started. Ironically wasn't quite as excited about him compared to Richter even showing up at all. As an echo, no less! That's something I never knew I wanted (and makes sense, too).

On a related note, it was actually a relief to see Dark Samus make it, so that debate is mostly put to rest, maybe.

Good ol' Nikki being acknowledged as an AT. Swapnote may be dead, but she lives on.

Everything DK-related, the Klaptrap AT, that DKC1 medley, the KING, the works.

Shovel Knight as an AT, heralding the next big step in acknowledgment of indies' contribution to gaming.

So overall, I'm satisfied with the info reveals for now, won't expect much else until maybe November.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
So one thing I think points to there being a new adventure/story mode is Rathalos, specifically the clips of it being a boss. In the clips we see only one character being played, which could mean its a boss from the story mode. And the field you fight it on seems a little barren to be an actual stage.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
"We plan to reveal every fighter before the game releases"

After rewatching the direct. Sakurai said that there are going to be no secret characters. Everyone, either ballot, recent, or Retro/WTF will be shown to everyone before the game comes out.

So we're definitley getting more newcomers being revealed soon.
EDIT: Nevermind.

He said he wanted to reveal the DESIGNS of every character before release, not the newcomers. Although, I'm unsure if he also meant the newcomers along with that as well.

So it's still a possibility that we get jam pack reveals until release.

GameQ

Smash Cadet
Could there be a 4th Mii Fighter coming? Seems odd to me that not all 3 of them are grouped together, and there is some noticeable empty space next to the gunner.
1533747272647.png

Untouch

Smash Master
I think we've gotten the most expected characters confirmed now. Everyone else will be a surprise I think, unless I'm forgetting an obvious one?
Gen 7 starter hasn't been confirmed or deconfirmed yet, along with isabelle.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I actually thought of something - Doesn't the track list shown disconfirm the possibility of any further unrepresented franchises getting a playable character?
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Also Sakurai made itsound like those were all the stages we are getting too.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Was incineroar leaked something?

Or is everyone sleeping on Zeraora?

What about the lets go eevee and lets go pikachu gen secret gen 8 pokemon?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
RICHTER

AAAAAAA

FORGET SIMON, I'N SO HAPPY BEST BELMONT IS IN!

And man, K. Rool fans have EARNED this, seriously, and he looks great!

AND AN ACTUAL TRAINING MODE! AND METER BASED FINAL SMASHES!

I CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Could there be a 4th Mii Fighter coming? Seems odd to me that not all 3 of them are grouped together, and there is some noticeable empty space next to the gunner.
View attachment 156320
I recall someone making a joke about a Mii Wizard. But since that's actually a good idea, I don't know if we should expect anything yet. I'm all up for the idea though, Miitopia and what hasn't been used from Mii Quest can be utilized for ideas. or just steal from half the roster like the miis mostly do

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've already made my Bingo Results, but I'm waiting for the chat to slow down before posting it.
BingoDot.png
BingoDotSmall.png
For anyone who used my template, here's a dot to use to fill in the spaces.

Yoshi The Tax Evader

Smash Rookie
X is already in Mega Man's Final Smash.

But if Echoes can be significantly taller than their base character, maybe?

That aside, X doesn't use any of the original series Robot Master weapons; not saying he can't, but it would be weird as heck.
Good point, I didn't think about the weapons. They could always use the other weapons that would be basically the same as base Megaman's, but Rush would be a problem.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I freakin' want to travel to japan just to kiss Sakurai's feet because i didn't think i could get even more hype than I already was

Decemeber 7th can't you hury up already!?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just love K. Rool's pose..

''And I'll tell you another thing!"

He looks like he's really telling someone off.

Probably Sakurai for making him wait so long to be in the roster.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Can we start a list of the Direct reaction videos from notable players/community figureheads? The E3 reactions have created a thirst for reaction vids in me. For instance ESAM has one out

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel Squad Mode could be such a huge game changer that it shouldn't just be a side event.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Y'know i wonder how much the moon being the majora's mask assist trophy shown affects Skull kids chances. On one hand, if the moon is meant to replace him, he's got a good shot then. On the other hand, I really can't think of a final smash for skull kid that isn't literally the assist trophy so maybe this really hurts him.

Hmm...
They could always do majora's wrath or something

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it can be. The reality is, those things need to be licensed. If that's all he was interested in, that's all we'll get. That's exactly what happened with the Rayman trophy. He wanted a trophy. That was it. He has to license the stage, all music, and the boss/AT in general. Separately. Because he's clearly licensing multiple things at once, he can get a deal on all the content combined(key term being can). Whether or not there's a playable character changes pretty much nothing.
Well lemme see

Rayman got a trophy, no stage or AT
Bomberman so far is an AT but no stage. Same for Shovel knight

So I wouldn't count for just a rep if we get an AT. Maybe that's all we're getting from Monster Hunter
E
You two could both be right. I just think it's a wee bit presumptuous that unlike Rayman and Bomberman, the AT isn't the titular Monster Hunter.
Perhaps it's best we (but probably just me) think of the AT as not a Monster Hunter rep, but a Capcom rep.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
They literally had a segment in the Direct "filling in the spaces."

Those were probably edited in. I think that the huge roaster picture is likely digital and each fighter is a layer. This way when they reveal fighters, they make a space between them and they make us think that the spaces where there all along. Besides, most of those spaces are huge, looking at the picture now makes it look like the only characters there may be are really small ones.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I watched the direct and it was quite a ride. Well Simon turned out to be real after all but he looks pretty sick, the trailer was great. What really was a surprise was Richter. He pretty much came out of nowhere but I have warmed up to him.

I ate my words about Dark Samus and Chrom. I am not a fan of the attack of the clones we are getting but they were made in 5 minutes, they are harmless.

King K Rool trailer was pretty good. I am very neutral to him after the 347 leaks that say he is in Smash so I don't feel the hype as other people.

Fountain of Dreams is coming back, and we have 103 stages. It will be very amusing to think of when competitive Smash degenerates to Smashville only for another 4 years. I wish we could change the music for Animal Crossing stages.

Speaking of degenerate, Mimikyu was disconfirmed. After all the pointless Pokemon debates I couldn't help but laugh with his fate. R.I.P Ashley.

Crew battles and iron mans are official now. Yey?

Pretty good direct.

Does anyone realize that the trailers have a surprisingly high body count? I swear to god if this leads to an Ayumi Tachibana reveal trailer where the ghosts of all of the dead fighters appear, then i wouldn't be surprised.
Very unlikely but that would be really sick. FTC was about murder investigations after all.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
FYI if any of you are thinking I'm sad because Boshi wasn't announced hahaha HELL NO!!!
He'll get announced as a Yoshi echo in the next direct; after Geno's reveal trailer.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I finally got to see the Smash Direct, and I was surprised to see that the Castlevania series is going to be in the base game. But I think the biggest reveal was King K. Rool joining the fray as a new fighter.

As for Poke Ball Pokemon and Assist Trophies, I pretty much had the feeling that Mimikyu would get the Poke Ball treatment; I was actually expecting it to do no better than the Poke Ball position (Smash Run never got mentioned at any point, so the Smash Run enemy status was in doubt). And with Ashley being an Assist Trophy again, she's pretty much off the list.

Now, if only alternate voice clips could come to play, because I'm still frustrated with why Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong still lack their voice clips made by Takashi Nagasako and Katsumi Suzuki respectively.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
So, he definitely said that they had a few more characters to reveal before launch so stay tuned;
subtracting K Rool would mean there is a minimum of 2 more? I'm starting to think that Echoes aren't included in those 2.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Unfortunately it seems the competitive community is aiming for a very conservative stage list (7-10) because they don't want to think about having too many stages to choose from. Sad but true. I tried supporting the idea of a liberal set list with as many usable stages as possible, but gave up.
you can't have a stage list of 7-10 WITHOUT cutting stages that have been legal in past games. doesnt make any kind of sense. recent events are making people look at the community and its hostory and acceted attitudes though, we may actual get a stage list that is good.

if i could make a ruleset it would be stage morph from a selected list of stage (whatever gets named "neutral") game one, counterpick a stage with only 2 strikes for the rest of the set, 3 stock 8 minutes, and final smash meters off (there a re a few final smashes that are too strong like my main). we play a platform fighter. go learn to platform.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom