• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I wonder if stage morph could be competitively viable with two distinct legal stages. I'd say it's worth a trial run.
How about Voting BF/DF as morph stage for Game 1?
Could it make things legal and practical in tournament?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let me get all the facts...
  • Chrom was missing from both Ike's palette and Robin's Final Smash
  • Dark Samus was missing from the Assists and Samus' palette
  • Echoes can have at least one different move (Chrom gets Aether)
  • Echoes can have very different animations (Dark Samus)
  • Shadow and Isabelle are still missing
  • Chrom, K.rool and Zero got upgraded from Mii costume to playable/Assist (Protoman got upgraded to Final Smash a while ago, too)
  • Mimikyu is gone, with Ashley
  • Simon is in, with Ritcher, so third party echoes are not out of the question
  • Monster Hunter got the best Assist Trophy and a cool stage (upgrade from Mii costume)
  • Chrom is a Roy Echo, leaving an Ike Echo spot open
  • Knuckles got upgraded from Mii costume
  • Inkling also playable, ex Mii costume
The only costumes left without any upgrade or other appearance are:
  • Heihachi
  • Lloyd
  • Skull Kid (Assist Trophy also missing, and the Moon being a lone Assist is VERY suspicious)
  • Isabelle
  • Geno
  • Akira
  • Jacky
  • Black Knight
  • Chocobo
Skull Kid is looking very likely now. Heihachi, Lloyd, Geno also. Isabelle and Black Knight can be Echoes. I don't know enough about Akira or Jacky to form an opinion.
Also Tails no mention of him yet.

Sad as hell about Mimkikyu however this means to me at least that Incenaroar is in.

-Waiting on Rayman and Commander Video

- Also. THE PIRATE REPTILES ARE BOTH IN HOLY ****!

-Lastly. No Dillon,BWD is not an AT which is good, and I think with Echoes having 'tiers?' Dixie COULD work as one, not sure through.

More thoughts later but Verg is real confirmed. What else can we expect other than the Tiger a puppy girl?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
YOOOO!

This was GREAT! Did not see that coming at all (besides Simon).

Now I just have one more wish for Smash, and he's not gonna happen at all...but THE HYPE THREE ARE FREE!!!!

---

So many stages, so much music! I'm really excited to see what else is coming. This Smash is surpassing our wildest dreams at this point!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What do you mean? I don't play Castlevania and I know who Richter is. I didn't know he had his own games, but I know he was in the prologue of Symphony of the Night. He's also the original Belmont I think, or I guess the Jonathan Joestar of the series if that makes sense.

Simon is the 3rd Belmont which makes him the Jotaro.
It was a joke about me thirsting after a video game character

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But they didn't need to change his down air, they could've left it as is and justified the down special since it's luigi's and the pills because dark pits arrows.

Honestly it's probably just because he's a veteran tbh
Thing is, even if they didn't change his down air, he'd still have a different down air than both Mario and Luigi. As he did in Smash 4.

Plus, remember, he still has those different movement attributes.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
if Dracula is anything like his Castlevania 3 appearance as the final boss he's going to be absolutely impossible to beat on the highest difficulty in adventure mode no joke. I hope they tone him down from the NES game

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So when will the icons update so we can use the ultimate K Rool and such? Need to accurately update my signature lol.

Poor Mimikyu :( moved up Decideueye on my want because he's my last hope for a Gen 7 ghost type. Also I am jumping on the Skull Kid train, so many popular picks, he's missing from assist trophies still and the he wasn't at all involved with the Moon assist trophy??? And Shadow is probably gunna happen, which is whatever I'm over it, somehow we got two Belmonts lol.

I'm also still convinced we are getting mostly popular fan demands this time around, which seriously is amazing! Seriously, no character has really got in "because relevancy" yet which is a great breath of fresh air from 4. Can't wait to see what's next!

(Also an adventure mode of some kind is basically confirmed. The menu, Dracula battle, and the fact that the Monster Hunter Dragon appeared on a stage that hasn't been revealed and isn't on the site....I'm so hype).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know I really don't think Richter should be an echo fighter, they're supposed to be for popular characters and no one even knows who he is-

View attachment 156306

Never mind. He's cute. I support his inclusion.
Damn, seems like the aspects of the guy that made me fall for him is still fresh.

That old-school ikemen. Embarrass
90s' Anime appeal never goes out of style, apparently.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah! If anyone's wondering why some Echo Fighters have a ' next to their numbers instead of ε. It's because that's the symbol used for the Japanese variant "Dash Fighters".

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Wow that direct was amazing! I would've never expected 5 characters, even with 3 echoes.

Also with Richter I think Shadow is pretty much a guarantee.

K. Rool has to be the most hype thing ever and the Dedede fake-out was the greatest thing of all-time.

My hopes for story mode have gotten huge.

This game will be amazing.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Shadow's Chaos Control is too iconic to omit imo. Be it his recovery or dodging, it needs to be there.
HE CAN BARROW ELEMENTS FROM WITCH TIME. Make that his Down Special.
Make it like Pit/Dark Pit's arrows, but they can't be controlled after firing (pick a direction and shoot).
That makes more sense since they're usually long in length. Side Special.

Up Special Mewtwo's Teleport. Neutral Special can just be Homing Attack. That with his differnt animations for idle, running and taunts? Duuuuude.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Rewatching bits of the Direct and there was a direct comparison between Chrom's Up B and Roy's. If anyone had any doubts, this should kill them.
Oh, and Chrom's Up B has that swing at the beginning every time he did it, it's even different from Ike's Aether.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a bit upset about Ashley but the fact Ridley and King K. Rool are both new comers omg thank you sakurai! So the total count is 67 counting echos and pokemon individual/one 75/73 and to me it seems a trailer/direct every two month will be the pattern.... I suspect 3 more unique and 5/7 more echos.

And if I had to guess who maybe
Elma
Chorus kids
Geno

Shadow *mewtwo up b
Dixie Kong *Donkey Kong up b
Isabelle *someone else up b maybe?
Impa
Alph *Rock pikmin
???
???

Cant decide the last two only implies as pokemon trainer counting as one anyways.

I know that sounds like a lot of echos but i really think all bets are off.

Geno
Banjo
Isaac

is my call based on the ballot. Though I'm iffy on Isaac, but I feel pretty good about the other 2's chances.

For echoes, I'm fine with anyone really, though I think:

Ken
Metal Mario
Shadow
Octolings

are all cool picks. Though I think if the Octos were in, we'd have seen them by now considering Richter's reveal. The fact that Shadow is still unmentioned makes me think he's likely an echo too. He's kinda like Chrom, and Dark Samus. A very popular pick that was in the game but no playable. iirc, Shadow did pretty well in the ballot polls.

Seeing how much Echoes can vary, makes characters like Dixie and Shadow seem way more aesome too. More viable as well in the case of Dixie. Ken can now be a little more unique if he gets it, donning a couple of his more original moves. And Metal Mario would be dope as an Echo of Doc. Nice callback to 64, and it means we could get Metal Cavern back.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hang on why is k.rool's trailer called the rivals? he's dk's nemissis not his rival same goes for that montage at the start with exception of meta knight

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Verge is probably in the know of some info but not all of it.

It's hard to deny now.

I wish someone with more a likable attitude had gotten such info but what you gonna do.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Was his down air not just Luigi's in smash 4 though?
Nope. In Smash 4, Doc retained his Melee down air.
The multi-hitting drill kick thing.

Honestly, it wasn't that great of a move all things considered. The change is greatly appreciated, since Smash 4 Doc didn't have a Meteor Smash.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Verge is probably in the know of some info but not all of it.

It's hard to deny now.

I wish someone with more a likable attitude had gotten such info but what you gonna do.

I realize Vergeben has no info on echoes. Probably means Isabelle is unique

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
I gotta say, for someone we've known about for 2 months, Simon's reveal trailer still managed to be so ****ing hype! I've never played Castlevania, but once that music cut in all I could think was "I'm maining this guy."

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Richter is an echo and he was revealed in simon's trailer though, Lucina was in Robin's trailer, including Dixie if she's an echo in a trailer where the kongs fight Krool is the most obvious thing ever.
Well Dark Samus wasn't revealed in the Ridley trailer.

It goes to show you that echos can be revealed whenever.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
HE CAN BARROW ELEMENTS FROM WITCH TIME. Make that his Down Special.

That makes more sense since they're usually long in length. Side Special.

Up Special Mewtwo's Teleport. Neutral Special can just be Homing Attack. That with his differnt animations for idle, running and taunts? Duuuuude.
Dudε! I think it's time to get on board the Shadow echo train. :laugh:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think I threw my phone when Rathalos showed up. Honestly, if we don’t get something from Yo Kai Watch (Blizzaria), I will be very surprised. Due to Blasters coming out next month, I’d bet that we’re going to get a Jibanyan/Komasan assist trophy, and possibly a fighter.

Also, RIP Ashley and Mimikyu.
Yo kai watch started as a manga

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, "the Forever Five" is now down to two after Captain Toad's disconfirmation and K. Rool's confirmation today, leaving Geno and Balloon Fighter. I swear, I will probably sob like a filthy man-child and live stream it if Geno comes back after 22 years of waiting...
Wait what about Captain Toad?

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crossing had a stage but no character in Brawl

You were saying?
Well, Animal Crossing is a first party, which I'd imagine is easier rights-wise, and had no AT.
I'm not going to act like I know anything behind the legal hoops behind Smash Bros, especially considering we already have two Capcom representatives, but I'd imagine Sakurai wouldn't jump through all those said legal hoops to get the rights to Monster Hunter just for an assist/boss and a large grassy stage.
Any way you slice it, this ain't no Rayman trophy situation.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I predict the next direct, probably in Sept. It's dog vs cat as opposed to the heroes vs villains.

It's gonna be Isabelle vs Incineroar

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
I feel like the blurred mode might be a new subspace or adventure mode, but I won't get my hopes up because whenever I hope for something it dies.
Right now that actually seems like the most plausible theory.

The fact that Rathalos is announced as a "Boss", in a stage that we've never seen before - just look at the characters that are fighting him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-kQWJrjRV4&t=4s (Starts at 23:10)

To me, that looks like a cinematic boss scene that would appear in a story mode. What else could that possibly be from? Even the scene/stage itself is set as if it's an important progress milestone.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
The Direct was INSANE! So much awesome stuff. My hype levels went straight through the roof!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It seems that Echoes will be revealed with their base character only if that base character is a newcomer too.

Otherwise, separately. And this makes sense. They aren't always revealed by series either.

GameQ

Smash Cadet
Well if that's all the limited edition is, then I can pass. Already got all those pack in.

Now if there is some sort of Special Edition that maybe contains Amiibos for new characters, music CD, art book, or some other collectibles, then I'm all in.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate's roster is seriously one character away from being as big as Spongebob's amount of good noodle stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom