• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
First, I think you missed the irony in my Bubsy statement. I could have added Alex Kidd or Battletoads. It didn't matter. The point I'm trying to convey is that if you are going to go license out another character, you'd want a new one.

Second, Smash Bros is a Nintendo cross-over specifically. If you don't believe me, go look at the back of the Smash for Wii U box. The guest characters are ancillary. They exist for the same reason as Yoda does in SC4. It's cool to have Yoda in SC because he's not normally in there.

Overall, I think you're taking a rose-colored glasses approach. It's nice to say that X should stay, but it gets tricky when you are dealing with another company. It's more than just being difficult. It's likely a costly endevor. Adding Sonic back in isn't the same as adding Marth. Nintendo owns Marth, so the only commitment is the time to make him. Sonic is owned by Sega so you have to negotiate with them and they are probably going to want a payment. Again, should Sonic return if it means a new third party character doesn't get in. Remember, Nintendo makes only a certain amount on each copy sold. Its about 9-18 bucks. Smash does sell a lot, but how much of that profit is Nintendo willing to be eaten up to make a few fans happy and bring Sonic back.

Moreover, should Nintendo even pay for those characters when people want to see Inklings and K Rool? It's a bit outside the scope of these conversations, but if there won't be anything that outdoes Sonic and Cloud, is it worth it to go and get these characters?

It's nice to say they should be back. It's different when there is a check involved.
Again, as a fan of the series, I think it's in the best interest of the series for them to come back. I understand there is money involved. That's not something I'm leaving out of it. Frankly, considering the characters they have in Wii U, if the price is within reason I think it's totally in their best interest to retain what they can.

I completely understand Nintendo does not own Cloud, Sonic, or anybody from the 3rd party side of things. Smash is, without a doubt a "Nintendo All-Star" game. That still doesn't make it the same thing as Soul Calibur. Whether we like it or not, 3rd parties will be a huge part of Smash...even if they aren't in Smash Switch. The hole (better yet, crater) their absence from the roster would leave would affect not only the all-star capacity of the game, but the gameplay available as well. It isn't something that can be easily replaced.

This may be a point of endless disagreement, but I simply believe the point of not getting a "new" 3rd party seems negligible when you consider what you get with the current cast. If you cut, in my opinion (so there's room for disagreement obviously), any of the 3rd parties and replace them with literally any given 3rd party character, it isn't the same and would detract from the overall quality of the roster. It doesn't matter if the character that we get instead of Cloud is new, because Cloud would always have a larger presence than them. Crash Bandicoot, while being a great option, wouldn't beat out Cloud from Final Fantasy VII. He's just that big of an acquisition for Smash.

I don't believe I'm looking at anything with any sort of glasses on, quite frankly. I'm optimistic, and there's nothing wrong with that. I may be wrong, and while that would be rather unfortunate for me, it is what it is. I'm sticking to my guns. I believe that in the best interest of the roster, the current 3rd party cast should stick around, and should be added to in the event of additional 3rd parties.

Also, because I missed it and don't feel like finding the proper spot to insert it, I hope you're being a bit sarcastic when you say, "...make a few fans happy and bring Sonic back."

A few? Seriously? I might agree if a few is there for a "few million", but I think you underestimate the value of a 3rd party on the roster.

It's a different story to take something like Sonic away from a game like Smash once it's been there.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
After a lot of reconsidering, I've decided I prefer my dream roster be full of characters with unique playstyles first, and near-clone/villain characters second.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Do you guys think that the mobile games could get some kind of representation in Smash? A trophy? A playable character from FE Heroes? Some Villager alt costume based on his/her appearance in Animal Crossing Pocket Camp? I would love to read your constructive opinions
I think a cool addition would be a Breidablik item for Fire Emblem Heroes. It could summon one of several heroes in their FEH chibi form. It would be like a Pokeball. Personally, I'd like to see Shareana or Fjorm be playable, but I don't find either of them terribly realistic. So Breidablik would be an exciting and welcome addition.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Would it be a Smash speculation thread if we didn't do that? :p

I really wish people would post/discuss potential concepts for the game, whether they be movesets, stages, game modes, etc. and actually put some thought into stuff instead of always defaulting to "muh cuts" or "clones suk git rid of em". I've tried to not be a culprit of cut discussion, though I have definitely stated my opinions on what I think about who in Smash 4. I remember those being such toxic topics for Smash 4, and they're just as bad now. I wish the thread was named "Super Smash Bros for Switch Constructive Discussion Thread"
Well, we do have those hypothetical "What if there were one newcomer per series" now and then. But, at the very least, we could take a break from characters and talk about new modes and stuff. I already mentioned how I'd love to see an accessible Debug Mode.

Totally unrelated, but after playing Smash for Wii U. I feel like there's never anything really going on in the stages besides hazardous gimmicks. There's hardly ever any spectators. Delfino Plaza and Skyloft are deserted. Omega stages would be better too with spectators or wacky antics happening in the Omega version of Woolly World. There's nothing, but a tiny windmill twirling in the background.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Now, while it may not rustle my jimmies all that bad if a character like, say, Lucas was cut there's somebody out there that loves to play as Lucas. A character like Lucas has a Smash following. For me to act like my wants are necessarily more important than others is kinda faulty.
As tough as it may sound, while there are many people who love a character, and many people who don't, the line is almost never 50-50. In the end, there are simply some characters who end up more popular than others, and some characters who end up drawing ire.

Thinking a bit into how development has to go, popularity is one consideration on how close a character is to the choping block. Not every cut is equal, and while some outcry is inevitable, it would probably be best to minimize it. Retros, DLC that not everyone might have bought, etc. will probably not draw as much hate from being removed as, say, a Pokemon.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that demographics also change. What was once a supper popular character can turn into shrugs, and as newer fans come in to replace older fans, tastes change. Some things still have staying power; I was born one year before FFVII came out, yet I knew of Sonic vs Mario subconsciously for who knows how long yet Cloud vs Link was something I didn't even know existed before Smash for.

Even if you don't like it, there is bound to be at least one person on the development team who ultimately will have to ask "Who should I cut?" Sometimes, like Gannondorf vs Dark Pit, it's relatively easy. In some cases, like Browser Jr. vs. Jigglypuff, it's harder. Regardless of how much it hurts, sometimes there is a choice that has to be made.

Trying to ignore how popular a character is, I feel like, is ignoring a factor in who will end up getting the ax when the time comes.

...well that was depressing.

I really wish people would post/discuss potential concepts for the game, whether they be movesets, stages, game modes, etc.
Agreed! So here's a topic that I think might generate discussion.

I think we all agree that Smash for ended up with some fairly gimmicky characters. Some, like Mega Man and Robin, had gimmicks that were well received. Others, like Rosalina and Luma and Bayonetta, have had more of a mixed reception. Others, like Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer, got by with relatively tame move sets.

How gimmick-based do you like your fighters? Is there a limit on how gimmicky a character should be? Do think the next installment should have more gimmick fighters than non-gimmick fighters? Do you think that there are any characters whose gimmicks should be turned down? And ultimately, should gimmicks be a priority when deciding a character?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As tough as it may sound, while there are many people who love a character, and many people who don't, the line is almost never 50-50. In the end, there are simply some characters who end up more popular than others, and some characters who end up drawing ire.

Thinking a bit into how development has to go, popularity is one consideration on how close a character is to the choping block. Not every cut is equal, and while some outcry is inevitable, it would probably be best to minimize it. Retros, DLC that not everyone might have bought, etc. will probably not draw as much hate from being removed as, say, a Pokemon.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that demographics also change. What was once a supper popular character can turn into shrugs, and as newer fans come in to replace older fans, tastes change. Some things still have staying power; I was born one year before FFVII came out, yet I knew of Sonic vs Mario subconsciously for who knows how long yet Cloud vs Link was something I didn't even know existed before Smash for.

Even if you don't like it, there is bound to be at least one person on the development team who ultimately will have to ask "Who should I cut?" Sometimes, like Gannondorf vs Dark Pit, it's relatively easy. In some cases, like Browser Jr. vs. Jigglypuff, it's harder. Regardless of how much it hurts, sometimes there is a choice that has to be made.

Trying to ignore how popular a character is, I feel like, is ignoring a factor in who will end up getting the ax when the time comes.

I think we all agree that Smash for ended up with some fairly gimmicky characters. Some, like Mega Man and Robin, had gimmicks that were well received. Others, like Rosalina and Luma and Bayonetta, have had more of a mixed reception. Others, like Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer, got by with relatively tame move sets.

How gimmick-based do you like your fighters? Is there a limit on how gimmicky a character should be? Do think the next installment should have more gimmick fighters than non-gimmick fighters? Do you think that there are any characters whose gimmicks should be turned down? And ultimately, should gimmicks be a priority when deciding a character?
You make good points for sure.

As I have said, I am aware that cuts are a reality. While I do hope we don’t have to worry about them, there’s a good chance we’ll be getting them.

My whole argument was, however, the way in which the discourse happens. Often we get people actively tearing down the favorites of others for their own gain, which is more or less asking for an argument, or at the very least, frustration and negativity.

It’s more of a discourse thing than whether it will happen or not. Again, good points!

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

I think there's a lot of charaters with great potential for "gimmicks", though I feel there should be a better word for it, since gimmick has become such a negative word in the gaming community.

Paper Mario & Balloon Fighter are probably the top two for me.

Paper Mario (as seen in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam) has the ability to stack copies of himself and multiply himself. There's yet to be a character who can do EITHER of those things. And being a stack would make it so Mr. Game & Watch can still be unique as the only truly flat character.

But, Paper Mario could use his stack to take more hits. As more copies of himself get KO'd, he'll become lighter and lighter until eventually he's the easiest character to launch in the game, unless he replenishes his stack. Then there's the potential for a side smash attack where he pulls out his hammer and as the smash attack charges, more copies of him line up in front of him until there are five Paper Mario's ready to wack you with a hammer, giving him tremendous reach.

Balloon Fighter can be kind of a reverse Little Mac. He's practically useless on the ground, but he can pump up to three balloons and become an ace in aerial combat. The balloons will disappear if you grab or launch him, but reappear as long as he recovers with the jump button.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't understand why people think Sharena have low chances... only because FEH is a mobile game?
It excels at that,is respected as one of the best mobile games around,giant player base.

The unique problem with Sharena is Anna. The later is more common as the face of the game and appeared into a lot of games. But exactly because this different Annas the concept may be confuse,I'd not be surprised by Sharena at all.
She is the best character from Heroes IMO, I would not riot over another FE character if the FE newcomer be Sharena.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Speaking for myself, I don't ever want Young Link to reappear as a fighter in Smash, because I like Toon Link much more than him and I don't want three Links on the roster, no matter whatever uniqueness they may have to offer.

Sometimes it just boils down to personal opinion without much else to it. You can't fault someone for that alone.
I think this is the problem I think alot of people have with clones in general.

While I understand Clones don't take as much work as a normal character no one wants to see the roster be filled up with multiples of the same character.
Would you honestly be okay if we had this for zelda reps
link
toon link
dark link
fierce diety link
young link
botw link

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Alright guys, hear me out. What if we got Knuckle Joe instead of bandana dee? I wouldn't be upset at all. I mean, the guy would be super fun to play as. He's also a recurring character in the series, and is a 2 time AT at this point.

Edit: If Knuckle Joe, Mac, and Springman all get onto the roster I can only imagine the salt that will come with having 3 boxers, and still no ridley lmao

Last edited:

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
But, that's never been a problem. We've never had Young Link & Toon Link or Dr. Mario & Dr. Luigi.
not saying it's happened to THAT extent...just giving an example for people saying they dont understand why people don't want clones.
I honestly don't like seeing another marth or pit on the roster simply just to have another character on the roster.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Alright guys, hear me out. What if we got Knuckle Joe instead of bandana dee? I wouldn't be upset at all. I mean, the guy would be super fun to play as. He's also a recurring character in the series, and is a 2 time AT at this point.

Edit: If Knuckle Joe, Mac, and Springman all get onto the roster I can only imagine the salt that will come with having 3 boxers, and still no ridley lmao
Kirby already has like 60% of his attacks based on the Fighter ability, so that's gonna be a tough pass

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Tell me your top 10 most wanted assist trophies for smash switch
mine would be:
1. Bowyer (SMRPG)
2. Doshin
3. Pockle (Giftpia)
4. Rudy (Wario land)
5. Mokka (magical starsign)
6. Wanda (mario & Wario)
7. Fauster (Wario woods)
8. Princess shroob (M&L)
9. Orbulon (Warioware)
10. The Agents (elite beat agents)

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Kirby already has like 60% of his attacks based on the Fighter ability, so that's gonna be a tough pass
I actually hadn't thought about that at all. I think that'd make the deal even sweeter. A low effort, heavier Kirby semi clone with his AT moves tacked on, and just a regular double jump. I don't think that'd be too unreasonable tbh. Would be an interesting "clone" to say the least.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
mine would be:
1. Bowyer (SMRPG)
2. Doshin
3. Pockle (Giftpia)
4. Rudy (Wario land)
5. Mokka (magical starsign)
6. Wanda (mario & Wario)
7. Fauster (Wario woods)
8. Princess shroob (M&L)
9. Orbulon (Warioware)
10. The Agents (elite beat agents)
  1. Poochy
  2. Rambi
  3. Tethu from Ever Oasis. I think he'd work as a playable character though he's not exactly on my most-wanted newcomers list.
  4. Balloon Fighter
  5. Sherm
  6. Purah
  7. Silver the Hedgehog
  8. The Elite Beat Agents
  9. Bill Blaster
  10. Birdo. Again, could work as playable, but there are other characters I'd want over her.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I honestly don't like seeing another marth or pit on the roster simply just to have another character on the roster.
I mean, would you rather just have less characters on the roster over all? Those clones don't take the anyone's slot, they're literally bonus characters. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I actually hadn't thought about that at all. I think that'd make the deal even sweeter. A low effort, heavier Kirby semi clone with his AT moves tacked on, and just a regular double jump. I don't think that'd be too unreasonable tbh. Would be an interesting "clone" to say the least.
If we're talking possible clones for Kirby then my personal pick is Keeby.

idk I just don't see Knuckle Joe as anything more than AT material

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I mean, would you rather just have less characters on the roster over all? Those clones don't take the anyone's slot, they're literally bonus characters. I don't see how that's a bad thing.
It's a true crime against humanity. Don't you understand that they have to LOOK at those characters?! Those characters are THERE! On the SELECT SCREEN! And players have to LOOK AT THEM! It's such a problem. Keeps me up at night just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I can't think of any new ones, but I'd really just like all the assist trophies from Brawl & Sm4sh to return, aside from those who potentially become playable.

Resetti was a favorite, I'm very sad they didn't return for 4.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
If we're talking possible clones for Kirby then my personal pick is Keeby.

idk I just don't see Knuckle Joe as anything more than AT material
I've honestly never even heard of that character lol.

I think looking at his move set from Kirby star allies, you can get a lot of inspiration. He even uses SF inputs for his various levels of hadoken lol.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
It's a true crime against humanity. Don't you understand that they have to LOOK at those characters?! Those characters are THERE! On the SELECT SCREEN! And players have to LOOK AT THEM! It's such a problem. Keeps me up at night just thinking about it.
The sad thing is this argument could work for characters who aren't clones. Because full characters take a lot longer to make than clones.

Hilarious how this argument is only used against clones.

I think looking at his move set from Kirby star allies, you can get a lot of inspiration. He even uses SF inputs for his various levels of hadoken lol.
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Keeby this is Keeby

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
They're just the Player 2 from Kirby's Dream Course, the SNES Kirby mini-golf game.

They're identical to Kirby except for being yellow, so in a way they're basically already in Smash.

(Also, play Kirby's Dream Course. It's criminally underrated and gives a really unique spin on mini-golf!)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The sad thing is this argument could work for characters who aren't clones. Because full characters take a lot longer to make than clones.

Hilarious how this argument is only used against clones.
It's just like how Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are the ONLY cuts on everybody's roster this past few weeks.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So wait. You don't see Knuckle Joe having the material to be a character, but you think a Kirby recolor we already have does? I'm confused lol
Well I was referring to clones specifically. And being what is essentially a recolor, Keeby checks out.

All Knuckle Joe does is use the Fighter ability, something Kirby's moveset already covers. Can't really see him as a semi-clone either since that makes about as much sense as Wario being a semi-clone of Mario.

EDIT: AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, no, Wario was not gonna be a clone in Melee, that was misinformation

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Well I was referring to clones specifically. And being what is essentially a recolor, Keeby checks out.

All Knuckle Joe does is use the Fighter ability, something Kirby's moveset already covers. Can't really see him as a semi-clone either since that makes about as much sense as Wario being a semi-clone of Mario.

EDIT: AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, no, Wario was not gonna be a clone in Melee, that was misinformation
Kirby doesn't use the hadoken, rising uppercut or dive kicks. In fact, Kirby uses very few of the moves on the fighter list.

Besides, the best part would come from having a Kirby semiclone that isn't light, doesn't have the multijump ability, and can't inhale.

That means Knuckle Joe would have completely different specials, and share a few normals, and have completely different physics. They'd be pretty far apart as far as clones go I think.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Kirby doesn't use the hadoken, rising uppercut or dive kicks. In fact, Kirby uses very few of the moves on the fighter list.

Besides, the best part would come from having a Kirby semiclone that isn't light, doesn't have the multijump ability, and can't inhale.

That means Knuckle Joe would have completely different specials, and share a few normals, and have completely different physics. They'd be pretty far apart as far as clones go I think.
Ah, I see now. By "semi-clone" I thought you meant someone on the lines of Falco or Ganondorf. My mistake.

In that case, there is some potential I suppose, but I can't see him as anything more than being an AT. I feel Bandanna Dee, Gooey, Marx, and the like would at least be put as higher priority than him.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, if we were to receive another Kirby representative, it should be Bandana Dee; he's practically become a main part of the cast at this point, having appeared in multiple roles (be it as a character in mini-games/sub-games or providing items/food to Kirby) and being playable alongside Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight in Return to Dream Land and Star Allies. I really can't see it being anyone else right now; although I'm not opposed to the idea of characters like Marx and Magolor being added to Smash, Bandana Dee should be added before them.

Last edited:

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
No...you are missing my point lol
If you're going to put characters like lucina or dark pit on the roster. then give them their own moveset to make them unique.

Why add characters on the roster just for the sake of adding characters? I think they should be added because they add to the actual gameplay.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This is pretty hard to do but I will try :251:

Edit: added some details for fun

10- Space Pirate
Just moving around really fast and shooting at people. Beatable. Doesn't affect the summoner

9- Hariet from Mario Odyssey
Uses her hair attack a few times. If someones does enough damage to her, she would enter her flying hat and leaves the stage while shooting lots of fire balls that stick as lava on the ground. Doesn't affect the summoner with hair attacks but the fire balls can.

8-Kumatora
Does Kumarota things

7-Rambi
Run from a corner to another on the stage and sometines uses his charged attack that is deadly and fast as a sonic using a bunny hood. Possible to ride like Gogoat. Doesn't affect the summoner

6-Plasm Wraith
Can split parts of its body making one of the following, affecting the summoner together
Bubble of Water: makes characters inside move slowly
Fire pool: hurts everybody
Electric Barrier: Paralyzis who makes contact
Glass Cube: Tries to crush players (buries them)
Or he could just fly around and use his multi stabs attack doing damage

5-Squawks the Parrot
Pursuit the other players spitting eggs at them

4-Shy Guy
Lots of random things that Shy Guy do

3-Urbosa
Uses her Lightning power once around her, paralysing and damaging foes around her. High knockback

2-Guardian from BotW
Acts exactly like in the game. Shoots once on the player next to him. Can affect the summoner. Can be avoided standing on his head. Beatable, the explosion will hurt anyone next to it

1- T-Rex from Odyssey
Sleeps at first. If people dare to attack him, it will wake up and does rampage on the stage. Attacks the summoner too

Yep. Totally random :i6rkW:

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
If you're going to put characters like lucina or dark pit on the roster. then give them their own moveset to make them unique.

Why add characters on the roster just for the sake of adding characters? I think they should be added because they add to the actual gameplay.
They get added at the end when they have a little more development time, but not enough time to work on a completely new character. Its either take the clones, or get nothing.
Honestly, if we were to receive another Kirby representative, it should be Bandana Dee; he's practically become a main part of the cast at this point, having appeared in multiple roles (be it as a character in mini-games/sub-games or providing items/food to Kirby) and being playable alongside Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight in Return to Dream Land and Star Allies. I really can't see it being anyone else right now; although I'm not opposed to the idea of characters like Marx and Magolor being added to Smash, Bandana Dee should be added before them.
Has he appeared at all in smash yet? Did he even get a trophy? And aren't those other characters you mentioned 1-off characters?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Because being clones fits their character?

I will admit that Dark Pit could use some more changes to his moveset, but even then he just needs a few changes and he'll be fine.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Has he appeared at all in smash yet? Did he even get a trophy? And aren't those other characters you mentioned 1-off characters?
He has not appeared in Smash on his own (unless you count his general species appearing in Brawl and Smash 4), but that should not rule him out from being a playable character. And yes, while Marx and Magolor served as the main villains for the games they appeared in and only for their respective games, they have received cameos in other games of the series and are both well loved by fans. I would not be surprised if that popularity helped them garner a spot; heck, Magolor got a trophy in Smash 4, so Sakurai is aware of his existing popularity.

I still think Bandana Dee should still be added before other Kirby representatives regardless.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Did Shulk ever appear in Smash before he was turned playable? Rosalina? Greninja? Mega Man? Pac-Man? Palutena? Robin?

A character doesn't have to have precedence in the series to be a viable, likely choice for Smash Bros. Bandana Dee is a staple of the Kirby series at this point, and I'd say he's more likely than anyone else from the series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Frankly if the clone trio had stayed alts, I think a lot of the din both sides create would've been mitigated, partly because we would've been none the wiser, and partly because the sycophancy towards roster decisions would've left people defending the choice like they do every other. It's not happening at this point, but it's an interesting hypothetical nonetheless.

No one seems all too shook up that Alph isn't unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom