• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, that definitely is bizarre.

I wonder what their rationale for doing this is. Rumors like that seem extremely fake.
Their rationale is that they wanna make a leak that sounds so crazy, it's real because nobody but the developers would think of it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Man these leaks are crazy. It's almost as if we should be taking them with a grain of salt
Hi Phaazoid!

Tbh I only posted that secondary leak to show the kinds of standards Vergeben holds himself to. The Ridley one ehh idk we'll see, but this one? Nah. 20nahs.

D

Deleted member

I want Phoenix and Snake in the game but not enough to want to believe in that rumor.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Man, I like Zero and all. But if Capcom got two characters and they weren't Megaman and Ryu, two veteran characters of the series and pretty much their mascots, I'd be pretty upset to say the least.

And ya know, losing my main again.

Edit: just realized P. Wright is in there too. So that's three. Oops.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hi Phaazoid!

Tbh I only posted that secondary leak to show the kinds of standards Vergeben holds himself to. The Ridley one ehh idk we'll see, but this one? Nah. 20nahs.

Hey! Someone said Ridley 3 times fast so I woke up xD

I sorta assumed something along those lines, haha. Was a little too out there.

Ridley leaks right out of the gate though? Now I'm just being toyed with. You'd think my heart would learn after riding this coaster multiple speculation frenzies in a row, but I'm back on Sakurai's wild ride...

Time to slowly build up hope until the all new single player mode with special boss appearances is announced

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll if you think any leak with noct is ****ing real

yeah

square was super ****ing stingy with cloud, but they're gonna give us possibly one of the best protags in ff history.

y'know

the cup noodles guy

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SOMEONE wants us to talk about Ridley again when it's most unwarranted.

New Smash hype does NOT equal Ridley hype.

I was glad that whole fiasco is over... AND LOOK HERE AGAIN!!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Is there a new Ridley leak?

I dont follow them nearly as well without the leaks group that everyone else seemed to hate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can believe a Ridley leak is somewhat feasible. Why? Cause I DO believe Sakurai tried to make Ridley work in Brawl and Smash 4. Moreso with Smash 4, cause that Pyro Sphere appearance does resemble a Smash 4 newcomer's moveset quite a bit, he's just significantly larger than the rest of the cast.

Just look realistically... Ridley already has a workable moveset with his Brawl boss fights and Smash 4 stage boss appearance of sorts.

It just doesn't work with his overall scaling, and the overall nature of Smash Bros. as a game. A traditional fighter might be able to handle it when it's just 1 vs 1 character fights, but since Smash 4 had 8 Player Smash and Smash Bros. has always been a choatic almost 'party fighter' sort of game, Ridley JUST WON'T WORK!

I seriously DOUBT the whole nature of Smash Bros. will just be thrown out of the window for adding just ONE character. This is further implied because of the cut of the Ice Climbers. With a full workable moveset and two Smash appearances prior, they where still removed in favor of 8 Player Smash and the 3DS version.

Now connect the dots. I'll wait.
...doesnt this exactly prove the point?
Ridley hasnt worked in the past, and in future games he might.
Just like in past games, the Ice Climbers did in fact work. And then they did not.

Things change. Technology, people, ideas.
If you want to waste your time being negative about it, it says more about you than people who support him.

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
SOMEONE wants us to talk about Ridley again when it's most unwarranted.

New Smash hype does NOT equal Ridley hype.

I was glad that whole fiasco is over... AND LOOK HERE AGAIN!!
If only Sakurai would just end it by putting him on the roster already.

...Ah, who am I kidding, that wouldn't change anything. :p

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Has Sakurai set the parameters for 3rd party inclusion? As far as I’m aware they had to be a character who debuted on a video game and has appeared on a Nintendo console.

I can’t see this changing but smash 4’s DLC has shown they’re not quite as strict as before. Cloud has had a minor cameo on a GBA game and he made it in.

Still, I can’t see us getting a character in a game that celebrates all thing Nintendo who hasn’t even been on their consoles.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I agree. I don't really care about Ryu, because he's so "not Smash" in his fighting style (just my opinion) but I'll miss Pacman. He had a fun moveset.
I really cannot see them cutting Pacman.
It's pacman. The unarguable grandfather of gaming.

He is the most important third party character Smash has, as far as marketing goes.

I doubt your neighbors mom knows who Cloud is; at best, she will think you mean outsourced storage.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...doesnt this exactly prove the point?
Ridley hasnt worked in the past, and in future games he might.
Just like in past games, the Ice Climbers did in fact work. And then they did not.

Things change. Technology, people, ideas.
If you want to waste your time being negative about it, it says more about you than people who support him.
Looking at things realistically doesn't mean am negative at all.

Smash will NOT change it's concept for just one newcomer that has a certain standard it needs to live up to. In Ridley's case, it's his overall feel of intimidation. This is why they created Giga Bowser for Melee y'know. Cause they felt they needed to incorperate a fight against a big and intimidating Bowser outside of the playable joke character that's Melee Bowser.

Yeah technology changes. That's cool. Smash as a concept however doesn't. Ridley with his size similar to say, Other M Ridley on Pyro Sphere or realisitcally thinking, scaled down to about 65-75% still would cause a problem for overall balance in a Free For All setting.

Sakurai HAS TRIED to make Ridley playable. I stated this before. If it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. And with Smash Switch looking to be very similar to Smash Wii U, how much do you REALLY think will change regarding to this?

Just connect the dots and do not flock to these false rumors that came out of nowhere like moths to the flame.

Then again, it'll be hilarious to see how wrong you all are gonna be in the end for like, the 3rd time soooo... :rolleyes:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How everyone describe Sakurai's situation:

Funny, but that's true...
Anyone using Bojack gets the point.

Smash will NOT change it's concept for just one newcomer that has a certain standard it needs to live up to. In Ridley's case, it's his overall feel of intimidation. This is why they created Giga Bowser for Melee y'know. Cause they felt they needed to incorperate a fight against a big and intimidating Bowser outside of the playable joke character that's Melee Bowser.

Yeah technology changes. That's cool. Smash as a concept however doesn't. Ridley with his size similar to say, Other M Ridley on Pyro Sphere or realisitcally thinking, scaled down to about 65-75% still would cause a problem for overall balance in a Free For All setting.

Sakurai HAS TRIED to make Ridley playable. I stated this before. If it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. And with Smash Switch looking to be very similar to Smash Wii U, how much do you REALLY think will change regarding to this?

Just connect the dots and do not flock to these false rumors that came out of nowhere like moths to the flame.

Then again, it'll be hilarious to see how wrong you all are gonna be in the end for like, the 3rd time soooo... :rolleyes:
Firstly... why do you think Smash Switch is similar to Wii U? Smash for Wii U had to function on the 3ds, and that means it had the technology, at best, of Smash Melee, but in some ways, was as dated as Smash 64.

This is the most technologically advanced Smash bros we have seen by far. So yes, I think that is one factor that helps *any* complex character.
Secondly, Sakurai has probably tried to make a lot of characters work. We don't know how much he actually tried with any characters of the past, other than the Ice Climbers. We can pass around our own conjecture but it doesn't matter, it's hearsay.

I am not saying Ridley is playable or not playable. I am saying to dismiss him would be a fool's errand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I ain't believing no Ridley leaks till I actually see him with my eye-holes in Smash, till then I call it fake. I don't really want any character removed first- party characters deserve to be there the ones that represent their series. As for Sonic and co they are a big part of Smash don't want them gone.

Those are just who's remove if I could, but I hope they mostly all return.

New stages?

New Donk City
Central Hyrule
Rhythm Road (Bandana Dee as a playable character with it.)
Gangplank Galleon (King K. Rool as playable character with it.)
Team Skull Hideout ( Decidueye as playable character with it.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

What I gathered from this is for Ridley to be playable... he would also need to be the boss of adventure mode as Giga Ridley?

I'd be down for that. As long as it doesn't become his final smash like Bowser's for some reason.

(Also, I'm only half joking here, having a Giga Ridley boss would be kinda cool.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Firstly... why do you think Smash Switch is similar to Wii U? Smash for Wii U had to function on the 3ds, and that means it had the technology, at best, of Smash Melee, but in some ways, was as dated as Smash 64.

This is the most technologically advanced Smash bros we have seen by far. So yes, I think that is one factor that helps *any* complex character.
Secondly, Sakurai has probably tried to make a lot of characters work. We don't know how much he actually tried with any characters of the past, other than the Ice Climbers. We can pass around our own conjecture but it doesn't matter, it's hearsay.

I am not saying Ridley is playable or not playable. I am saying to dismiss him would be a fool's errand.
And here I am, thinking to believe in Ridley's inclusion, especially by a rumor that came JUST NOW, not before the innitial Smash Switch reveal and with all the remarks Sakurai has made from the past two games about Ridley, is the most foolish or fool's errands a fool could make.

However, I guess it's cool to have hope of sorts. I also have hope for Impa. And Isaac. And King K.Rool. But I won't go ape ****, despite my name, if I see one of their names in a leak.

This is what makes the Ridley fanbase the easiest to trigger, trick, manipulate and fool in the end.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And here I am, thinking to believe in Ridley's inclusion, especially by a rumor that came JUST NOW, not before the innitial Smash Switch reveal and with all the remarks Sakurai has made from the past two games about Ridley, is the most foolish or fool's errands a fool could make.

However, I guess it's cool to have hope of sorts. I also have hope for Impa. And Isaac. And King K.Rool. But I won't go ape ****, despite my name, if I see one of their names in a leak.

This is what makes the Ridley fanbase the easiest to trigger, trick, manipulate and fool in the end.
I did not say believe the rumor.
I said don't rule out the possibility of a character.

I guess you cannot discern the difference, given your post above.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
So, no Smash yet on this Sonic SXSW Stream, but some stuff that could be used for Smash Trophies maybe.

EDIT: Not that I think there will be any smash btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom