• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Fair point, but they also revealed Bayonetta at the very same direct and she was the much bigger draw and news in terms of ''WOW LOOK WHOSE JOINING SMASH NOW!?!"
Considering we have one empty spot on the Stage Select Screen, would not surprise me if they announce a ballot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Where'd you get that picture of me as a toddler?
Don't talk to an international meme icon like you can relate to him.

152227701948.png

To be fair, you need a high IQ to understand Ojama Lime

Double K

Smash Lord
You know, speaking of YuGiOh I had a weird dream the other night where there was a Smash-like game but with YGO cards

And godadmn, now I want Gishki Erial or Gusto Winda in Smash to represent Konami's most profitable arcde machine

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Doomslayer
Erdrick
Joker (Confirmed)
Piranha Plant (Confirmed)
Ryu Hayabusa
Steve

How satisfied will you guys be if this is true?
Fairly disappointed overall. Piranha Plant's a freebie, otherwise I'd only get Ryu and Joker. 3/6 is average. I held off on the pass since I knew it hitting 5/5 would be a near impossibility.

It doesn't have to be the characters I want either. Just someone recognizable and fun (i.e: Crash, Lara, Sora are examples of characters I don't request in Smash due to my love for them, but on the basis they are sweet enough characters). The other three here don't do that to me, despite being added on their merits.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
doom slayer is the only one of those that i would give a **** about and i still don't even want him in the game that much

hayabusa and steve are just ****

MainJPW

M.T.A
"I have a run speed similar to Young Link's"
Thanos

"I can't wall jump"
Thanos

"My weight is between Mega Man and Cloud"
Thanos

"I do not have a rapid jab"
Thanos

"I have a fall speed similar to Charizard's,
Thanos

but a fast fall speed identical to Falco"
Thanos

guys i think i'm onto something here
He’s in.

I’d main the Mad Titan as long as he has the famous pimp hand from the comics somewhere in his moveset. His Final Smash would be a little op.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Doomslayer
Erdrick
Joker (Confirmed)
Piranha Plant (Confirmed)
Ryu Hayabusa
Steve

How satisfied will you guys be if this is true?
I'm already excited for Piranha Plant, the only other one of those I'd be excited for would be Steve. Mostly because I haven't played games with the others in it.

I honestly don't really care about who the DLC fighters are as long as they're decently fun characters. Who the characters are is pretty much just icing on a cake.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The wars that would be started from a new ballot. lol. How many people will pop up claiming to know the contents of that ballot like what happened with the last one you think?
Too many.

I wouldn't be voting for this game though. I'd be securing Ashley and Waluigi's futures.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
cuz we don't have a samurai character but already have multiple ninjas
Oh right, the iconic samurai man from samurai: the game.

Also let's be real both Sheik and Greninja are knock-off wannabe ninjas. Hayabysa is THE ninja.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, speaking of YuGiOh I had a weird dream the other night where there was a Smash-like game but with YGO cards

And godadmn, now I want Gishki Erial or Gusto Winda in Smash to represent Konami's most profitable arcde machine
Solid Snake and Simon Belmont have cards literally based upon them. As well as things like Gradius and other shout-outs. Garlandolf, King of Destruction is based upon a combination of Garland and Ganondorf(the ritual spell is even literally Ganondorf's throne room, but partially based upon the altar used to resurrect him). Another character is based upon Kano from Mortal Kombat. I think it'd be pretty fun to design it that way, using a ton of shout-outs to some degree as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh right, the iconic samurai man from samurai: the game.
You know there's actually a really good Samurai character from a Samurai fighting game that just so happened to be coincidentally and recently revived?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ryu Hayabusa still is the essential ninja character, even if we have Greninja and Sheik. His reveal would pretty much be Simon or Snake-levels of hype. A pretty big icon that can be remembered even outside his own franchise.

I still want it to happen...

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
okay and?

this is the ninja
greninja is More Interesting ninja, hayabusa would be like, sheik but less interesting. i mean they could use stuff from the reboot series except they totally won't because smash loves retro characters

i don't like to say that a character has no merit to being in smash but what is hayabusa's merit to being in smash. what does he bring as a ninja that sheik and greninja do not

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Was looking at the leaked Fighter data and apparently Plant is a Large character
You know, like Bowser.

Joker and "Brave", meanwhile, are both medium, meaning that Pirahna Plant is at least about the same height as an average adult, probably taller.

Audrey II would be proud.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Was looking at the leaked Fighter data and apparently Plant is a Large character
You know, like Bowser.

Joker and "Brave", meanwhile, are both medium, meaning that Pirahna Plant is at least about the same height as an average adult, probably taller.
Seymour must've fed him.

Double K

Smash Lord
greninja is More Interesting ninja, hayabusa would be like, sheik but less interesting. i mean they could use stuff from the reboot series except they totally won't because smash loves retro characters

i don't like to say that a character has no merit to being in smash but what is hayabusa's merit to being in smash. what does he bring as a ninja that sheik and greninja do not
This is like comparing a isekai fantasy anime to Berserk and wondering what Berserk brings to the table

Iridium

Smash Hero

He has his Dragon Sword, so his fighting style already can differ based on that. Climbing walls also can be a unique trait, especially if the earlier games are accounted.

I don't see how he could be a copy of either of those two, however.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Characters like Ryu or Cloud use stuff outside of their debut games though. Same with Belmonts, you're jumping the gun here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He has a sword you dingdong, he can do actual ninja things

Fire spells, duplications spells, the ability to attack while clinging to walls, that weird move that's basically Spin Attack from Metroid

If anything Ryu is more comparable than the Mii Swordfighter in a ninja outfit.

On that note, can you tell me the merit of :ultpichu::ultroy::ultchrom::ultcorrin::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzss:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
literally all those dlc characters are from huge iconic series that are totally in line for something people will buy for dlc and fit sakurais ideal vision of smash being a the biggest gaming crossover

im sorry its not uh geno and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sylux?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? WHO??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? LMFAO

Shroob

Sup?
This is getting close to:

"Samus already has an arm cannon, what would Megaman do differently"

Like in Brawl times.

Roberk

Smash Champion
"Yūsha", means "Brave", which means "Hero"... Guys, Alm is in.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_(Gaiden)

200px-FESoV_Alm.png

• Title in FEH is "Hero of Prophecy"
  • The class he promotes to is the exclusive Hero class.
  • Average weight, run speed, can't wall jump, no jab lock, etc. If Erdrick fits the stats, Alm fits the stats.
  • Sakurai would jump at the opportunity to add a Gaiden character since he obviously likes it with all of the remixes pre-SoV it got in Smash.
/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom