• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
An animal crossing character could utilize AC currency (Bells).

Each special costs a certain amount of bells. There is an upper limit to how many bells you can have.

Attacking is one possible idea to collect currency.

blackghost

Smash Champion
i can understand where almost all the the people wishing for certain characters is coming from except the people clamoring for doomguy. That doesnt make any sense.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also I don't like it when mods see people being *** hats to a user and they like the post.

That **** needs to stop too.
Only one person was remotely doing that while the rest were being extremely informative. People are allowed to have dissenting opinions from your own. You shouldn't act like it's being rude to you just because they disagree with your assessment.

You're under the impression her moveset has to be a representation of WarioWare. It does not. She's a witch with potential based upon magic and various related things among her theme song. There's nothing wrong with that. That's the point people are trying to get across.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
*sigh*

And the thread will close for awhile within a few days. Calling it now.

Let's all stop fighting and think about happy kittens. We can't get along if we're not gonna stop fighting regardless of what our views are.

Can we all calm down? The conversation is over, and the mods shouldn't have to tell us every 3 days to be less aggressive. :p

Why don't we (calmly) come up with ways Red, the shapeshifting imp, can work for Ashley or something?
So how many times were they over Ridley? :troll:

Can we all calm down? The conversation is over, and the mods shouldn't have to tell us every 3 days to be less aggressive. :p

Why don't we (calmly) come up with ways Red, the shapeshifting imp, can work for Ashley or something?
I wouldn't really expect much more than like. . .taunts and poking people with a pitchfork lol. I imagine the moveset would mostly focus in Asheley herself. Maybe a tilt or two at best
:061:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What did you say?! You wanna fight?!

lol, seriously guys, so much drama for nothing.
Nah. Not for nothing.

Golden was unnecessarily aggressive to me, everyone acts as if I said Ashley was the worst and had no moveset potential when really all I stated in probably the worst way possible is that I had trouble coming up with one myself, and meanwhile now I'm getting accused of telling people to stop liking things as if it's something I do on the regular?

Like...wut?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I called Golden rude. Because he was rude.

He was VERY rude imo. I even said some of the stuff was informative and liked some of it.

I even owned up to my mistakes because I'm a big boy and I do this **** all the time. Yet somehow here we are again where I'm the only bad guy in the scenario.

So also again...

Wut?

Do I even actually exist? Do you all even read my posts? Because right now it just feels like another session of gang up on Roger.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I wouldn't really expect much more than like. . .taunts and poking people with a pitchfork lol. I imagine the moveset would mostly focus in Asheley herself. Maybe a tilt or two at best
Yeah, I mean most of the moveset should be Ashley's magic. I do think Red could be used in several interesting ways, though. Maybe he is her jab, where he turns from the wand into the imp and thrusts rapidly with his pitchfork. And then he'd obviously be her up special, whether that be broom or bat. Since they do really go hand-in-hand, I'd expect him to make a little more than just a taunt cameo or something.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Isabelle could just be another clumsy oops i accidentally hurt you style fighter. She'd attack with papers and a clipboard as well as items that you can install in your town.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Golden would not be who he is without being aggressive. He might be rough, but in return, he provides a lot of really good arguments and pointers that help me and others with Smash speculation. :)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Yeah, you're right, sorry.

Anyway, I have no familiarity with Warioware, but if this imp really can shapeshift, then I imagine that you could implement in into Ashley's moveset in a way that makes her similar to Rachel from Blazblue.

In Blazblue, Rachel has two familiars that are capable of transforming into an umbrella, a beanbag, and an electric chair, among other things.

You could make it so that Red could transform into things to hit opponents with, in a similar vein.
Ashley could also use her staff for her Neutral and down specials, as well as use her broom for her up and maybe side specials.

Perhaps she could also swing her broom around in midair as a N-air?

Again, no familiarity here, so these are just suggestions.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Both Roger and Golden, go to your room, you are grounded.

You will not get out until you learn about your mistakes and make Bandana Dee your most wanted.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Each special costs a certain amount of bells. There is an upper limit to how many bells you can have.

Or better yet, Nintendo should make a character that requires micro transactions to attack. $1 USD = 100 in game bells to toss at enemies. Finally we can see Tom Nook playable, the way he was meant to be!!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Tom Nook could damage characters both financially and emotionally, his moveset could revolve around him selling characters items and they take more percent the more in debt they are to him. :awesome:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not saying Golden is the worst either.

So please don't go there.

But every single one of my posts to him is always non-aggressive and he starts off aggressive.

If you're going to have a conversation and can't be non-aggressive while being informative. Maybe it's time to think about how you word yourself.

Notice how I only ever get aggressive and riled up after someone else has come at me? And then for some reason I'm always the bad guy after the fact.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Nah. Not for nothing.

Golden was unnecessarily aggressive to me, everyone acts as if I said Ashley was the worst and had no moveset potential when really all I stated in probably the worst way possible is that I had trouble coming up with one myself, and meanwhile now I'm getting accused of telling people to stop liking things as if it's something I do on the regular?

Like...wut?
To be fair, Golden is aggressive at times. Just ignore Golden ;)

Perhaps maybe it's the way how you worded it that gave people the wrong interpretation? It did for me when I read your posts. Perhaps it was BOTH sides' faults for whatever they did (and please don't say that you didn't do anything wrong because there were some unnecessary parts on your end AND Golden's. Now if Golden wants to discuss with me, I'll accept because I see both side's fault)

Now to put cool some of the heat, I'm really interested in seeing what new series AT they could introduce for this Smash and I hope they bring back some like Barbara

StormC

Smash Hero
We will see some heads roll with the new ATs. Who’s next on the chopping block?

I hope we get Street Fighter/Final Fantasy ATs. Sephiroth seems like a likely candidate for the latter.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Crap, I'm looking at these prices and I think I might just wait for the Switch models... even the Wii U Smash controllers are $120 on Amazon. I think my best shot at getting an affordable controller is getting a third-party one that emulates the GC's design, or diving into the used market.
$120!? Yeah, don't do it. I got em new for $20 each when they came out. If used prices arent bat**** crazy high you may wanna try them out.

i can understand where almost all the the people wishing for certain characters is coming from except the people clamoring for doomguy. That doesnt make any sense.
Not speaking for all Doomguys and Doomgals, but I personally want him because I just genuinely love the Doom games. And since the general rule for 3rd parties is that they must be of iconic nature and have history on Nintendo, I think he has a slight chance as well. His game is also one of the most important ones in gaming, period. 3 out the 4 main games have been on Nintendo, + 1 exclusive title on N64.
Many seem to think that hes just a trendy meme character to ask for, since Doom 2016 just came out on Switch, but thats just the icing on the cake to me. Wanted him before Switch was even known as the Switch. Not trying to sell you the character lol, but I hope you now at least have a general understanding on why some want him :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We willl see some heads roll with the new ATs. Who’s next on the chopping block?

I hope we get Street Fighter/Final Fantasy ATs. Sephiroth seems like a likely candidate for the latter.
I'd be good with Guile if his theme automatically plays while he's doing Sonic Booms and such.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
We willl see some heads roll with the new ATs. Who’s next on the chopping block?

Oh God, I forgot about "disconfirmation".

Now I have to fear the fact that Bandana Dee could be an AT, background character, part of Dedede's moveset, part of Dedede's victory animation, or even worse, not in the game at all like last time!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Please point out what I did wrong in the scenario that I haven't already said myself.

I said and owned up to the fact I've only ever focused on mini games in WarioWare and that read as ''Ashley is horrible and no moveset potential!" to you all somehow. I even said maybe I could have been more clear in that I have limited knowledge about WarioWare outside of the microgames.

So most of that ain't me wording wrong. That's inferring skills being wrong and it happens a lot around here to a lot of people. Because we all can take favorite characters way way way way way too seriously. ****. I'm most likely guilty of inferring the wrong thing about someone's post when it comes to a favorite character of mine.

Also nuh uh. I'm not ignoring aggressiveness that comes at me when I'm never aggressive until pushed. If I give you politeness and respect. I expect that **** back.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ha! An Ashley discussion turned into a forum hex.

Anger, aggression, confusion.

CHORUS: ASH•LEY!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ha! An Ashley discussion turned into a forum hex.

Anger, aggression, confusion.

CHORUS: ASH•LEY!
LET'S GO ASHLEY, LET'S GO! *clap clap*

sorry, can't help myself with a WWE/Smash chant lmao

God the disconfirmations are going to suck. Most people are looking for positives because of hype but the negatives will come.

And without PotDs it's going to be EXTREMELY concentrated. At least with those you could get "oh darn waluigi is out" and be done with it. Since more info comes and it's only one cahracter at a tie.

Now we might have suddenly 30 characters disconfirmed at the same time and only in big toxic waves. Lord save us if we have to wait for the game to be released (RIP moderators). Dealing with people laughing at people at their lowest (speculation) point is going to suck. e get it. Schadenfreude. No need to rub it in other people's faces
:060:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I remember that every character in Wario Ware Touched had different ways of playing minigames, a character had minigames about spinning, other about shaking, rubbing, moving, etc.

Maybe Ashley's moveset could be based on the movement of her minigames... if being a witch is not enough.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm a little concerned about balance.

Ashley could turn everyone into a frog, but Greninja is already a frog; shutting down one special attack from the start.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Golden was unnecessarily aggressive to me
Realtalk, you've known me long enough to know when I'm actually being "aggressive".

I'm being critical of the questionable logic you had given, not "aggressive".

That's all I'm going to say on this matter at the risk of being labeled an aggressive asshat again.

blackghost

Smash Champion
$120!? Yeah, don't do it. I got em new for $20 each when they came out. If used prices arent bat**** crazy high you may wanna try them out.

Not speaking for all Doomguys and Doomgals, but I personally want him because I just genuinely love the Doom games. And since the general rule for 3rd parties is that they must be of iconic nature and have history on Nintendo, I think he has a slight chance as well. His game is also one of the most important ones in gaming, period. 3 out the 4 main games have been on Nintendo, + 1 exclusive title on N64.
Many seem to think that hes just a trendy meme character to ask for, since Doom 2016 just came out on Switch, but thats just the icing on the cake to me. Wanted him before Switch was even known as the Switch. Not trying to sell you the character lol, but I hope you now at least have a general understanding on why some want him :)
im no fps expert. i know his hostory but i always thought johanna dark and golden eye to be more signifigant at least to nintendo. one thing with these third party inclusions if people need to look up who the character is or what they look like (for me doomguy fits the second) i simply dont give them much mind of a chance at getting in. also i dont think fps characters make good smash movesets. playstation allstars had them and they were dull. every new fighter in smash 4 did something brand new (from limit to resource management, villager's entire kit, puppeteer, and more).
the only other fps (sorta) character in smash is samus and her moveset is pretty lackluster and she has more to work with than doomguy does. if i see a good moveset i may reconsider but for now. not sold on him.

but thanks for explaining

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Realtalk, you've known me long enough to know when I'm actually being "aggressive".

That's all I'm going to say on this matter at the risk of being labeled an aggressive ****** again.
You're avatar does have two mounted shoulder cannons.

Walking into a party with those could give the wrong impression. An aggressive impression.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

sorry, can't help myself with a WWE/Smash chant lmao
Sounds more like something you'd hear at a baseball stadium.
God the disconfirmations are going to suck. Most people are looking for positives because of hype but the negatives will come.

And without PotDs it's going to be EXTREMELY concentrated. At least with those you could get "oh darn waluigi is out" and be done with it. Since more info comes and it's only one cahracter at a tie.

Now we might have suddenly 30 characters disconfirmed at the same time and only in big toxic waves. Lord save us if we have to wait for the game to be released (RIP moderators). Dealing with people laughing at people at their lowest (speculation) point is going to suck. e get it. Schadenfreude. No need to rub it in other people's faces
No matter how much I support a character, I won't actually be "looking forward" for them to be in Smash.

I imagine "what ifs" in my head all the time, to the point that I've fantasized so much that it has trained me to ground myself into reality.

There are no "shoo-ins" or "guarantees" in Smash as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I get what you mean. It can be dangerous to overhype anything too much.

I remember being a little disappointed at the disconfirmation of Chorus Kids 4 years back, so it's good to be careful.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

That's all I'm going to say on this matter at the risk of being labeled an aggressive ****** again.
I mean I have known you quite some time. It doesn't mean it can't bother me when I think you're being overly aggressive to me.

It's like I've got good friends who have some bad manners and habits that piss me off.

It doesn't mean I hate them. It just means one of their habits annoys the crap out of me.

And to be fair. It's A LOT harder to read emotions in text than in a face to face discussion even if you known someone for years.

Like I can get a text message right now from someone I love dearly and I might read it in the entirely wrong way. Text is funny like that.

And oh look there it is. I misinterpreted someone and I already pre-admitted to that I have probably done this. God, such an asshole I am.

And to really wrap this up. It's okay. We're good. I think. At least.

Last edited:
Like. . .jeez if we don't get PotD or a lot of directs we are ****ed.

For Smash For, Waluigi, Wonder Red, Takamaru, and a ****-ton of other characters were all disconfirmed over a long period of time. Imagine if every character in the "graveyard" are were disconfirmed at once. The amount of people and about their character not getting in combined with the people flaming those same people this site will burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. We're going to need a roster leak to keep this site from completely burning itself to the ground by spreading out the grieving period over a long period instead of just release day. . .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For Smash For, Waluigi, Wonder Red, Takamaru, and a ****-ton of other characters were all disconfirmed over a long period of time. Imagine if every character in the "graveyard" are were disconfirmed at once. The amount of people and about their character not getting in combined with the people flaming those same people this site will burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. We're going to need a roster leak to keep this site from completely burning itself to the ground by spreading out the grieving period over a long period instead of just release day. . .
The mass execution that was the April Direct Assist Trophy Montage did a number on things.

Imagine that x10.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

****, I forgot all about the deconfirmation period. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I saw that Pic of the Day with Ashley, and then that single Sakurai comment that ruined it all.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still only feel like ten newcomers is the most likely amount for this game, maybe twelve if we’re luck. I also expect either Ice Climbers to return by themselves or Wolf and Ice Climbers together, I have a feeling Wolf did well in the Ballot though since Sakurai did mention that the ranking included characters from previous games, so it’s possible.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
FYI she's an assist trophy is probably one of the most vicious things Sakurai ever said to disconfirm someone.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

So many times I'd look at the picture before reading the caption, thinking "woah! Walugis in the game! Woah! Takumarus in the game! Woah! Ghirahims in the game! Woah! Ashleys in the game! Woah! Raymans in the game!...as a trophy?" And then reading the caption and having the excitement slowly deflate out of me. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom