• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
First I unlocked was Ness through Vs. Mode and King K. Rool through Classic Mode, but that was with a friend through his copy.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Okay so why is Palutena of all people the last to be unlocked in both the Story and the actual unlockables?
Incorrect

Palutena is not the last one if you do the classic way

The kirby tree is where you can get her but she is the last one in the kirby section

Use any character that belongs in the kirby tree then you will eventually hit palutena

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So who was everyone's first and last unlocks?

First: K. Rool
Last: Mewtwo
Not done unlocking yet, but K. Rool was first. Still waiting for Paly, Pichu, and GnW to show up, and I need to rematch the little *******.
I should really stop being mean to him now that I got Rids and K. Rool... Fine, if Dovahkiin gets in, I’ll say that pittoo is a wonderful addidtion in my sig from announcement to release and go on record with a pic of him owning the dragonborn...

It’s loads of fun that I can unlock characters via classic mode. Still, I’d like a more randomized mode as well, but they’re nice and intense as is. Once I get them, I might retry some at higher difficulty (or to try a no-death run, which I’m having issues with when Ganon is the boss). I want to get all of the music unlocked (shop is so much better than random drops!) as soon as possible, try some o the new Smash modes, and I’m ready to start WoL once everything ends for the holidays.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Fund this interesting post on 4chan
It's not a leak , but its cool to see:

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/442531302

And the image is awesome as well

View attachment 182614

I will copy the text here ( for the guys that don't like to enter 4chan )

I present to you the best choices for the remaining 4 DLC of Smash Bros Ultimate:

Sora - Square Enix definitely wants to make Kingdom Hearts 3 even bigger. They'll do the same treatment they gave to Noctis, but they'll put him in Smash.

Scorpion - Mortal Kombat 11 being on the Nintendo Switch makes his chances bigger now. In addition, the confrontation between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter may finally happen, and this will generate a lot of money for sure.

Crash - Crash Trilogy was placed on the Nintendo Switch and now we will have Crash Team Racing as well. Also the union between Mario, Sonic and Crash Bandicoot will certainly generate mountains of money.

Agumon - Digimon Survive will be released for the Nintendo Switch, and we will have a crossover between Tamagotchi and Pokémon. Also put Digimon and Pokémon together in a game will be as great as Mario and Sonic, and once again will generate lots of money.
It’s great bud sadly it’s not happening completely

There will 1,000,000% chance one of them will be a first party (gen 8 pokemon, Sylux, poochy and porky are the ones that come to mind)

And people are claim Steve is still extremely likely despite Vergeben loosing everything from joker and boss content

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
It’s great bud sadly it’s not happening completely

There will 1,000,000% chance one of them will be a first party (gen 8 pokemon, Sylux and poochy are the ones that come to mind)

And people are claim Steve is still extremely likely despite Vergeben loosing everything from joker and boss content
No , i realy think we will not have a First Party DLC.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Even without verg, I still think Steve is extremely likely...
He's one of the last huge gaming icons who have yet to be in Smash, The poster boy of western video games...

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
There will 1,000,000% chance one of them will be a first party (gen 8 pokemon, Sylux and poochy are the ones that come to mind)
I mean, because you said there's a 1,000,000% chance of that happening... I'd say the opposite's gonna happen now. That seems to be how it always works, around here... :p

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that finds it weird that Breath of the Wild Link, being the closest Link who can wall jump canonically, is the only Link who can't wall jump?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Man the online mode is kinda bumming me out. Was a bit hasty purchasing a year's worth of service.

I mean I wasn't totally crazy about For Glory mode, but now it seems perfect in comparison to what we have now.

How truly disappointing.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Feel like out of all Assist trophy bunches Ultimates's one got the most fire in the fan's belly
ESPECIALLY TOXIC WALUIGI FANS I mean by now they should just learn that it'll never happen but eh Pipedreams u can still dream

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because we got like three new first party stage this game and it's not hard to add music from new games?

I still don't get why Porky is likely.
True... But I still think we're gonna get Sora, Crash, Agumon and Banjo. IN THAT ORDER. :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've not been too concerned about online because of the public arenas have been making it easy for me to find a fight I want. My main issue is wracking my brain trying to get used to the input lag from playing online. I don't get slideshowy lag like in previous games so that's nice but I will never not screw up my timing on everything I do online

Not a great excuse because I assume everyone also has that handicap, but I think I just personally have a hard time adjusting.

I'm also kinda bad cause my hands get clumsy when I'm frustrated and I end up hitting B when trying to flick the C stick

tl;dr: I'm bad at Smash

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1v1 sends me into a hardcore panic attack which is why I stick to free for alls
It's the opposite for me. I think free for alls turn my brain to mush (not necessarily a panic, though) and I have a hard time following my fighter because of it.
So it's like playing on autopilot, if the autopilot was malfunctioning for me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't get why Porky is likely.
It's just like Zeox Zeox said.
Not only is there no Porky Spirit.
Not only is there no King Pig Statue Spirit.
Not only is next year Mother's 30th Anniversary.
But...
It's also the year of the pig next year. :p

D

Deleted member

1v1 sends me into a hardcore panic attack which is why I stick to free for alls
If you practice against these hard as hell level 8-9 CPUs long enough then at some point you stop seeing people online as other people and you start seeing them as CPUs. It's how I got over my anxiety of getting my arse kicked by other humans who would witness firsthand how garbage I am, instead I feel like I'm getting my arse kicked by CPUs instead who don't care how awful I am

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's just like Zeox Zeox said.
Not only is there no Porky Spirit.
Not only is there no King Pig Statue Spirit.
Not only is next year Mother's 30th Anniversary.
But...
It's also the year of the pig next year. :p
Amusing Nintendo is choosing the DLC, I kinda doubt they'd choose a character from a niche franchise that has been dormant for over 10 years, over something like a very relevant character or something like that...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No , i realy think we will not have a First Party DLC.
I mean, because you said there's a 1,000,000% chance of that happening... I'd say the opposite's gonna happen now. That seems to be how it always works, around here... :p
You two know dang well your lying to youselfs

you know Nintendo can't resist promoting a. game with a character

That probably the case with metroid prime 4 and Pokemon gen 8

And they can easily get a stage for poochy you all forgot there's no more wooly world stage and no crafted world stage so that can be poochys stage

And porky could have easily Ben a boss and be a spirit with history (and no safety capsule doesn't count its not specifically porky)

Trust me I would be glad to be wrong but I just can't see it happening

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Amusing Nintendo is choosing the DLC, I kinda doubt they'd choose a character from a niche franchise that has been dormant for over 10 years, over something like a relevant character or something like that...
True...
Unless they're reviving the franchise.
Mother Trilogy Please Nintendo I want to play them all

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you practice against these hard as hell level 8-9 CPUs long enough then at some point you stop seeing people online as other people and you start seeing them as CPUs. It's how I got over my anxiety of getting my arse kicked by other humans, instead I feel like I'm getting my arse kicked by CPUs instead
That's a great point considering these CPUs are ****ing nuts this time

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's the opposite for me. I think free for alls turn my brain to mush (not necessarily a panic, though) and I have a hard time following my fighter because of it.
So it's like playing on autopilot, if the autopilot was malfunctioning for me
Yeah, I lose my fighter a lot but i just say to myself "Losing my fighter and finding her again is better then borderline having a heart attack because Im panicing so hard"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
True...
Unless they're reviving the franchise.
Mother Trilogy Please Nintendo I want to play them all
I doubt it... Itoi has said that the series is done.
A new Mother release is about as likely as Half Life 3 being revealed anytime soon...

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I just found out today that this game was actually really fun and superbly done once I got into working on some of the simpler Smash mode challenges. I’ve been seeing this game through the World of Light lens for so long that I forgot what happiness was supposed to be. : P

D

Deleted member

That's a great point considering these CPUs are ****ing nuts this time
I got ****ing squidbagged by an Inkling level 9 last night, they're so wack. I love how improved they are though, I can actually practice against them to improve my skills as they don't just read inputs and get perfect airdodges all the time BUT they're actually smart at punishing mistakes and they try to approach you this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom