• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I had a dream where I was playing Ultimate and it turns out that I sucked at the game

...pray this doesn't come true

Zeox

Smash Champion
My main hope for DLC is that we get mostly new series. Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to game IPs in Smash--new songs and stages based on non-repped series are very appealing to me.

Even though we already have a lot of anime-style swordsmen, I'd be pretty happy with a Tales rep. It's a strong franchise that's been around for decades.
I actually like the complete opposite, I would like if they added characters from franchises that are already in Smash but don't have too many reps, like F-Zero, Xenoblades, Pikmin *ahem* earthbound *ahem* goddammit I want Porky *ahem* oh sorry, I think I may got a cold or something.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think I’ve said this before, but ever since the March direct I’ve consistently had like, 5 dreams about Duke Nukem getting into smash, even before E3. Maybe it’s a sign.
ADD HIM TO THE LIST. LET'S ROCK.

-Lloyd Irving
-Dr. Kawashima
-Alucard
-Duke Nukem
-Squeenix rep

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
My main hope for DLC is that we get mostly new series. Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to game IPs in Smash--new songs and stages based on non-repped series are very appealing to me.

Even though we already have a lot of anime-style swordsmen, I'd be pretty happy with a Tales rep. It's a strong franchise that's been around for decades.
I have to agree, and I think it's very likely that most of the DLC characters will be from series that have not been represented in Smash yet (Dragon Quest, Tales of, maybe Minecraft, and maybe a couple of Nintendo series that have no representation yet... or the Nintendo ones are fan favorites)

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think I’ve said this before, but ever since the March direct I’ve consistently had like, 5 dreams about Duke Nukem getting into smash, even before E3. Maybe it’s a sign.
It probably means that you really want Duke Nukem in the game

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ugh, so many people are already calling for the Belmonts' heads on a platter because of "projectile spam".

They're ZONERS, what are you people expecting?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ugh, so many people are already calling for the Belmont's heads on a platter because of "projectile spam".

every character must play exactly to my strengths and weaknesses or they're unfair and broken

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Here's the true list of DLC Characters:
First they add Tracer.
Then they will add Widowmaker as the second DLC Character.
Then Bastion, but he will get nerfed.
Then Winston.
And lastly Genji.

D

Deleted member

First they add Tracer.
Then Winston.
And lastly Genji.
Sakurai should’ve chosen Mercy as DLC instead.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
She's a Shih Tzu, actually
Oh Shih Tzu. How canine be so ignorant?! Thanks for clearing the Airedale on that one. I appreciate you Pointer that out to me. I’ll try to Beagle careful before I assume.

Meds haven’t kicked in yet. Sorry my puns aren’t foolpwoof. I’ll bowwow out now.

D

Deleted member

First they add Tracer.
Then Winston.
And lastly Genji.
pfft that's totally wrong

my source tells me that they're gonna add:
a character that misses a lot
the boyfriend of that character who refuses to kiss people
another girl who will be a two-in-one with the boyfriend, their attacks have crazy disjoints and massive hitboxes so they never miss
Wiz Khalifa

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I'm gonna place a bet, Whatever SE rep gets revealed, i'll play a game relating to the rep
If the SE Rep is the Luminary i'll play Dragon Quest XI
If the SE Rep is Erdrick i'll play Dragon Quest III
If the SE Rep is Slime i'll play Rocket Slime or Dragon Quest Monsters
If the SE rep is Crono i'll play Chrono Trigger
and if the SE rep is Sepiroth i'll play Final Fantasy VII
So what will you play if/when there is no new SE rep? Cloud for the rep that's already in, so FFVII? XD

Zeox

Smash Champion
I also hear of this cryptic list of characters, but they are only 4:
Lloyd (in the doors)
Omanyte (asks for directions)
Steve (talk with a doctor)
SA-X (crying in bed)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I also hear of this cryptic list of characters, but they are only 4:
Lloyd (in the doors)
Omanyte (asks for directions)
Steve (talk with a doctor)
SA-X (crying in bed)
Omanyte?! We just got K.Rool, how many fossils do we need?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, can I just say how great Chrom's Classic Mode theme is? Don't read if you don't want Classic Mode spoilers, I guess, even though there's already a spoiler tag on the thread.

The name of it is "Fight As One." The first match is, of course, a one-on-one match between Chrom and Lucina on Arena Ferox, referencing chapter four of Awakening. After that, though, every one of Chrom's matches are 2v2, with Lucina and Robin alternating as Chrom's partner.

Chrom and Lucina face Fox and Falco on Lylat Cruise. Chrom and Robin face Ness and Lucas on Onett. Chrom and Lucina face Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on Kongo Jungle. Chrom and Robin face Peach and Daisy on Mario Circuit. Penultimately, Chrom and Lucina face Simon and Richter on Dracula's Castle. The bonus game happens, and finally Chrom and Robin face off against Master Hand and Crazy Hand on Final Destination.

The entire thing references one of Awakening's biggest themes, the bonds made between allies. Each and every fight is against another duo of either pairs of good friends (though Ness and Lucas only count for this if you factor in The Subspace Emissary) or a family duo.

Basically I'm just glad that the "every echo fighter has the same Classic Mode" thing was total BS. :p

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
What do you think the ratio of Switch Pro Controller Users, Joycon Boys, and GC controllers will be for Smash Ult?

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Ugh, so many people are already calling for the Belmonts' heads on a platter because of "projectile spam".

This is something that I see a lot as a fan of traditional fighting games. People look at projectile based characters and accuse players of doing nothing but "spamming" to win. It's the dumbest thing, like if winning were that easy, why isn't it what you're trying to do? Because I can guarantee that if you really did just repeat the same move over and over without movement or mixups or anything against anyone who even kind of knows what they're doing you would see how wrong you are.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Man, can I just say how great Chrom's Classic Mode theme is? Don't read if you don't want Classic Mode spoilers, I guess, even though there's already a spoiler tag on the thread.

The name of it is "Fight As One." The first match is, of course, a one-on-one match between Chrom and Lucina on Arena Ferox, referencing chapter four of Awakening. After that, though, every one of Chrom's matches are 2v2, with Lucina and Robin alternating as Chrom's partner.

Chrom and Lucina face Fox and Falco on Lylat Cruise. Chrom and Robin face Ness and Lucas on Onett. Chrom and Lucina face Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on Kongo Jungle. Chrom and Robin face Peach and Daisy on Mario Circuit. Penultimately, Chrom and Lucina face Simon and Richter on Dracula's Castle. The bonus game happens, and finally Chrom and Robin face off against Master Hand and Crazy Hand on Final Destination.

The entire thing references one of Awakening's biggest themes, the bonds made between allies. Each and every fight is against another duo of either pairs of good friends (though Ness and Lucas only count for this if you factor in The Subspace Emissary) or a family duo.

Basically I'm just glad that the "every echo fighter has the same Classic Mode" thing was total BS. :p
Not necessarily related to the topic, but I hope Chrom gets the awakening victory theme he deserves with the day 1 patch.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
What music would you want from the DLC characters you predict will make it?

Or just the ones you want

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no double post pls

On topic, Uncontrollable from XCX would be sick af and One-Winged Angel too even though I've never played FF.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Let's wait a few weeks for patches, tech to be found, and stuff like that before we ban any characters lol.

Also, I might be alone, but I don't really want to talk to someone on here who pirated the game and telling us stuff about it. There are plenty of other places to do that, and it's encouraging illegal behavior. Anyone agree? No judgment for the guy who did it, I just think this thread should be "speculation", not "Confirmation from a hacked game", if that makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Or just the ones you want
One-winged angel is the obvious one. More Final Fantasy 7 music in general oquod be nice. Maybe even music from other final fantasy games if we’re very lucky.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Idk if this has been posted yet, but here's footage of squad strike by two pretty good players in tournament settings, tbh, I wish every ultimate tournament use this mode, it would make matches a lot more interesting than just having the same characters all the match cause that would add a deeper strategy and ability component to them without making them unfair
Man, Squad Strike ended up being exactly the way I wanted it to be.

And yeah, I want them to use this in competitive play SO much. This and the FS Meter.

They won't though. Because the Smash FGC is...the worst.

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Man, Squad Strike ended up being exactly the way I wanted it to be.

And yeah, I want them to use this in competitive play SO much. This and the FS Meter.

They won't though. Because the Smash FGC is...the worst.

Sounds cool on paper, but then you have stuff like this where it's just a fully charged F-Smash. I hope it's in SOME tournaments, but it isn't the best for comp prolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom