• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Real talk, I'm suprised how different Falco and Wolf became from Fox over time.

D

Deleted member

By the way, I found three streams of new Ultimate gameplay on Youtube if anyone is interested.

D

Deleted member

So looking back at the VGAs section from the most recent SpawnCast, I've made some notes as to look forward to before Smash Ultimate's release and for the event as a whole.

• AT THIS POINT CONFIRMED - Metroid Prime Trilogy + Metroid Prime 4 showcase/official reveal. NateDrake teased it heavy during this SpawnCast, and if PlayerEssence does the usual joke about asking Nate if what he says is real, that's the biggest indicator it's real. Happened with the Smash Direct in November and the original September Direct. Also, they talked about the Trilogy especially long. Pretty much the Bayonetta-style reveal that Nintendo did back during 2017 will happen. Trilogy to be predicted to release in February 2019, Metroid Prime 4 in 2020. (Note: NateDrake's only "predictions" are Metroid Prime @ Game Awards, at the moment.)
  • Prediction - Avengers 4 teaser trailer. Makes sense with the Russo Brothers there.
  • Prediction/Rumor - Mortal Kombat 11 to be revealed with Netherrealms there.
  • Prediction - Bloodborne 2 to announce @ The Game Awards to at least have one last thing for PS4. DreamcastGuy, though, knows about three more games that the PS4 has to offer before next-gen.
  • Prediction - JOSEF FARES' NEW GAME, LET'S ****ING GO.
  • Smash Ultimate/Direct Prediction - Rapid-fire teases from Nintendo, DreamcastGuy says. However, RGT85 brought up the idea of the first DLC character to be revealed for Smash Ultimate. PlayerEssence and Rob say they "might" know who it is and made character predictions to say "on the air" during the podcast to "keep it off-air".

So, there you go. Take with it what you will

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
PlayerEssence and Rob say they "might" know who it is and made character predictions to say "on the air" during the podcast to "keep it off-air".
Let's just ****ing send the Smashboard Ninja to their houses to find information about it to fight against the Nintendo Ninjas.

D

Deleted member

"'might' know"

Well, if these recent leaks have taught me anything, no one truly knows for sure, so I guess the "might" is literal.
I would feel that, if they were not in Spawn Wave's circle. The usual members of Spawn's podcast seem to know more and willing to be slightly liberal with the info than the usual "leakers".

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I would feel that, if they were not in Spawn Wave's circle. The usual members of Spawn's podcast seem to know more and willing to be slightly liberal with the info than the usual "leakers".
This just makes me think we're getting Sora.

Despite everyone discarding that stuff within the last month or so.

Still pulling for Geno or, if it's DQ, hopefully Slime as he's the only DQ character I'd care about.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yuup~
Oh yeah, by the way, Spawn also directly placed a bet on Dragon-Quest winning best RPG, without a doubt- so you can take it as you will, if we make a link with Leaky Panda or not, who the **** care anyway lmao

D

Deleted member

Geno
Slime
Erdrick
Sora
Sephiroth
Luminary
Crono

This is pretty much how I feel about the list in terms of likelihood. If it's not Geno, it's a DQ character. If Verge is somehow wrong on "Sora ain't it chief" then it's him. The bottom 3 ain't happening tho.

Also, just a reminder the Let's Go Spirits set a precedent for new Spirits to be added. So we might see little Spirit updates with new battles and such as a way to keep the game constantly fresh in a way.
"Oh hey they added new spirits? Just two battles, might as well do them." *Spends the rest of the day playing Smash*

Also, Pikachu has a non-Fighter Spirit so take that as you will.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Echo Pass
$5 for 5 Echo Fighters.
Each cost $1.25 separatedly.
That would be fantastic, but I feel like it isn’t happening given Nintendo is tonedeaf and probably doesn’t want to sell clones for money despite people just wanting their characters in this point.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I do find this odd, though.

I was under the assumption that info regarding the VGAs was kept locked up tight.
They were kept locked up tight...

At least, until we get closer to the show, and more and more people are involved, like journalist, media, marketing and such.

D

Deleted member

That would be fantastic, but I feel like it isn’t happening given Nintendo is tonedeaf and probably doesn’t want to sell clones for money despite people just wanting their characters in this point.
Tbh, they did sell Mii Costumes for $0.75 and Echoes were very positively received so they could happen. Though maybe I'm being generous on the pricing.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yuup~
Oh yeah, by the way, Spawn also directly placed a bet on Dragon-Quest winning best RPG, without a doubt- so you can take it as you will, if we make a link with Leaky Panda or not, who the **** care anyway lmao
I'd hope so, but with MHW being in the same category I don't have high hopes of DQ11 winning.

D

Deleted member

This just makes me think we're getting Sora.

Despite everyone discarding that stuff within the last month or so.

Still pulling for Geno or, if it's DQ, hopefully Slime as he's the only DQ character I'd care about.
I'll say this, if we do get Sora, screw everyone who's trying to leak Smash DLC, all eyes are on Spawn Wave. Hell, screw Vergeben, I'll go that far.

If that prediction from months back actually do end up being a real thing and we just didn't know it, we're gonna be looking at a night where not just Smash leakers are BTFO'd, but literally every single leaker in the gaming industry. A reverse Grinch Leak situation, if you will.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or... DLC development team is smaller and they want to focus on unique newcomers which is the reason most people even buy the pass.

Nah, you're right Nintendo doesn't know anything about fans, there's no other explanation.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People would also appreciate if their characters weren't close clones of another character.

If you're going to make DLC, make it worthwhile, even if it is more expensive.

Dan

Smash Lord
Anything good get leaked besides Marx and Ganon? I don't get what the big deal is since we already know the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Lol, someone is actually lping World of Light on Youtube. Props to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom