• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
can you share the source? interested.

The guy says "invincibility" but it's more like intangibility

Iridium

Smash Hero

Can't argue with the Lylat jank.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know, Sephiroth seems like the most boring 2nd SE Character choice. I'd rather then pick something from a different franchise or even a different Final Fantasy game frankly.
I don't think Sephiroth would be boring at all.

Even though he's another Swordsman, he'd be different from the others for these reasons:
  1. (Justifiably) high range
  2. Floaty properties
  3. Multi-hit attacks

D

Deleted member

So, which design would they choose for Sora? I'm a fan of 3, but 2 is far more iconic at this point and 1 is equally if not more so.

Perhaps 2 but with the option to limit form into 1?
ive actually posted about this before. I think it depends.
If KH III (and the rest) end up being announced as coming to Switch, then the KH III outfit would be the primary outfit for him
If not, 50-50 chance the default outfit would be Classic.
Most likely, though, that no matter which one is 'default', all three would be available as palette swaps.

D

Deleted member

edit: lmao I'm dumb I said something pretty insensitive, I apologize to anyone who may have been offended

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Lylat Cruise absorbed all the Smash 4 jank onto itself to spare the rest of the game. Such a brave hero it is...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Even though he's another Swordsman, he'd be different from the others for these reasons:
  2. Floaty properties
  3. Multi-hit attacks
4: METEORS. Also would be fun if his Final Smash was the same animation as in the old Dissidia's where it looks like he is MATHing you to death

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

They somehow made it worse.

They somehow made it worse.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
I'll be fine with Sephiroth if Heartless Angel functions like it does in Dissidia.

Minus the 1000 frames of startup that is.

LetterO

Smash Lord

I think I'm just stupid but could someone explain why Lylat's bad? Just wondering.

KMDP

Smash Legend
4: METEORS. Also would be fun if his Final Smash was the same animation as in the old Dissidia's where it looks like he is MATHing you to death
I was actually going to bring up Meteors as the fourth point ("4. Ranged options (i.e. Meteor)"), but then removed it, obviously that was a mistake. :laugh:

Also, yes, Sephiroth with the Math Calculation meme.

Last edited:

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
I think I'm just stupid but could someone explain why Lylat's bad? Just wondering.

One video that was shown a few days ago had Kirby completely missing his ledge grab and this one has a character completely going through a solid surface (Great Fox) and getting KO'd.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The stage has that ridiculous tilting. Projectiles, combos, recovering, all of it affected by a stupid unecessary gimmick.

Doesn't help the stage is buggy as **** and has issues with ledges working.

D

Deleted member

There’s some nice sylux fanart on /v/ that I’ve seen
The connection is supposed to be that neither of them have spirits

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Amen Bonz :yoshi:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Tifa gambles at you, beats you up, and then you explode. "Feels like you're flying doesn't it?"
Sephiroth Maths until reality shatters, and then you fall into a Sun.

Clearly what we need in Smash.
Man I miss Tifa. I hope that Dissidia NT goes long enough on consoles to get her back in. She would be fun in Smash too though.
Though her chances are probably super low. Especially with Sephiroth to compete against.
tifakick.gif

Gif showing how Tifa facing off against Sephiroth for a spot would be like.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I don't think it's just a Lylat thing, a lot of stages are showing to have some pretty ****ed collisions or something.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Those are definitely bugs that can be fixed. Lylat is always going to be screwy because that’s what it is. It’s a pity though. I always loved the space aesthetics in that stage.

D

Deleted member

Those are definitely bugs that can be fixed. Lylat is always going to be screwy because that’s what it is. It’s a pity though. I always loved the space aesthetics in that stage.
I thought the Lylat thing was just Kirby's recovery being stupid?

D

Deleted member

I joined a Simon/Richter Discord server so time to jump on their resource section

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man I miss Tifa. I hope that Dissidia NT goes long enough on consoles to get her back in. She would be fun in Smash too though.
Though her chances are probably super low. Especially with Sephiroth to compete against.
View attachment 180648
Well you're in luck because someone already leaked the Dissidia NT DLC characters and after the end of Season 1 having Snow, they're going to be putting in the season 2 characters Tifa along with Gilgamesh, Zack, Vivi, Laguna, and Gabranth.

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Dream, Japanese magazine, did a poll a little while ago about "Favorite Nintendo Characters".
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/...eveals-readers-favourite-nintendo-characters/
  • Kirby (Kirby) – 189
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) – 123
  • Pikachu (Pokémon) – 117
  • Mario (Super Mario)
  • Luigi (Super Mario)
  • Corrin (Fire Emblem)
  • Eevee (Pokémon)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Yoshi (Super Mario)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem)
  • Robin (Fire Emblem)
  • Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Rowlet (Pokémon)
  • Camilla (Fire Emblem)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Ike (Fire Emblem)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Sans (UNDERTALE)
  • Daisy (Super Mario)
*Looks at the second to last character*
HE'S ******* IN!!!!!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

2. Floaty properties
  3. Multi-hit attacks
I don't really mean in a gameplay sense as I'm convinced they can make most characters work but more so because I think there are more interesting choices in a personal sense.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I'd like to see the Diablo sorceress, Mi Ling, in Smash. All her B moves would have cooldowns and they'd be aimed with the right thumb stick.

D

Deleted member

It is. I’m just talking about the tilting.
Lylat was allowed in Sm4sh, wasn't it? Even with the tilting...

Amen Bonz :yoshi:
Stop apologizing for the sins Yoshi has committed against American society, Zinith. TAX FRAUD IS A FEDERAL CRIME

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
SERIOUSLY. WHAT DID I MISS.
Everything
Huh...

remember this image?

View attachment 180629

Did Captain Toad get removed from the final build of this stage or something?
I've been keeping an eagle eye out for the little guy during New Donk City matches and have yet to actually see him outside this one screenshot on the website.
He died
The way they implemented Toad rustles my jimmies.

He pops up the third time the stage travels past that spot. It's like an Easter Egg you'll never see because the matches end before you get there.
This is uncomfortable

Banned (D1 2014-2018)
I don't think it's just a Lylat thing, a lot of stages are showing to have some pretty ****ed collisions or something.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Double Banned (D1 2014-2018)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo Dream, Japanese magazine, did a poll a little while ago about "Favorite Nintendo Characters".
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/...eveals-readers-favourite-nintendo-characters/
  • Kirby (Kirby) – 189
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) – 123
  • Pikachu (Pokémon) – 117
  • Mario (Super Mario)
  • Luigi (Super Mario)
  • Corrin (Fire Emblem)
  • Eevee (Pokémon)
  • Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Yoshi (Super Mario)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem)
  • Robin (Fire Emblem)
  • Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Rowlet (Pokémon)
  • Camilla (Fire Emblem)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Ike (Fire Emblem)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Sans (UNDERTALE)
  • Daisy (Super Mario)
*Looks at the second to last character*
HE'S ******* IN!!!!!
I know Japan doesn't play Metroid much, but how could they sandbag Samus like that? At least Daisy's liked more than Peach.

KMDP

Smash Legend
View attachment 180648
I saw a joke once that Dissidia NT was "Dissidia 'No Tifa'." :laugh: I still need to play it more, unfortunately it's extreme focus on online kinda kills it for me.

We've come a long way from the time when Dissidia 012 wouldn't have gotten made if Tifa wasn't in it, per the orders of Director Mitsunori Takahashi. Now, Tifa is the only member of Avalanche we haven't seen for FF7R. She wasn't even in Itadaki Street 30th Anniversary (though that could be chalked up more to them limiting the representatives to a maximum of two per game).
Well you're in luck because someone already leaked the Dissidia NT DLC characters and after the end of Season 1 having Snow, they're going to be putting in the season 2 characters Tifa along with Gilgamesh, Zack, Vivi, Laguna, and Gabranth.
Gilgamesh and Tifa should have been in Season 1. That's good to hear!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Awesome. Having one of my two punchy girls back will be great. Hope Prishe would be in season 3 then. Gilgamesh, Vivi, Zack, Laguna, and Gabranth will all be interesting too imo.

Still hoping against hope that Freya will join at some point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom