• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I’m sorry that somebody told you that. Nobody should have to suffer vitriol like that
But uh,
The post that has the (you) next to it?
I checked the thread, that’s the post showing SkullGreymon as a boss. Which must mean you made that post.
No , the guy think its me creating this **** becouse it has a Digimon in it.

Every FLIPING post with Digimon someone goes and say "Something Graizen"

This garbage ass user thinks i have free time like him to keep creating this stupid ****

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So, I hope this isn't off topic, but in the absence of things to discuss, what is your dream video game you want to make?
I want to make a game about a short and fat Italian who jumps on turtles while eating mushrooms and saving princesses, except the fat Italian is skinny, tall and wears purple.

c'mon nintendo, give the guy some love already.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The ten minute unlock timer seems stupid and convoluted at first glance, because it seems like it was added just to slow down unlocks, but in actuality, it was added for the exact opposite reason. In past Smash games, it would take 10 matches to unlock someone, which, if you're not just 1 stock SDing to cheese it, takes far longer than ten minutes.
When you put like that, it does make sense.
Except for the fact that you can completely skip the 10 minute timer by just going back to the title screen.
Which partially defeats the purpose of the timer in the first place.

D

Deleted member

y'all saying "It's 4chan what do you expect" seem to miss the point that it's still ****ing terrible that Graizen had to experience that
I mean yeah, death threats suck, but it's no reason to be melodramatic about it and post it here if it's from ****ing 4chan. If someone trusted here did it I could understand, but everyone and their mom gets death threats from randos on 4chan

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This garbage *** user thinks i have free time like him to keep creating this stupid ****
I apologise for your experience,
But you would only be able to have that (you) next to your post if you were the person who made it. That’s why it’s there.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I lowkey like the list, minus the Angry Birds

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen Angry Birds discussed

Almost all arguments in favor of Steve work for birds, imo.
nah, Angry bird kinda went and gone, never was as big as minecraft. minecraft on teh other hand is still going on, and doesn't only appeals to kids and supercasuals... plus i don't think angry bird have made the minecraft numbers...

Amazing, the game is almost here and we are almost at 400 pages left to finally get the most important mileage.

My question earlier still remains unanswered, has everything in the game finally been leaked?
-Vegeta What does the scouter says about its power level?
- Its over n.... wait, nah its fine....

I feel kinda bad because I really have nothing to add as of now. I mean the only other thing that’s been going on is watching out for F-Zero stuff... but that’s been going... swimmingly...

I guess until the game comes out or if something big happens, I’ll kinda chime in once and a while
well you can always become a Castlevania fan and enjoy the party <3

We have reason to believe Cloud was the last character renegotiated into smash. It's possible they arranged for Cloud to be DLC before they decided to with 'everyone is here' as a marketing standpoint. It would definitely explain the lack of base game FF content.
nah i dopn't think so.. it actually sounds like they were for the "everyone is here" pretty early on.
"Which pokemon can I ride on"

Sounds hot wrong to me there, just poor wording in the title there
it's polygon.. so i woldn't be so sure :3
Castlevania's top Hottest monsters

D

Deleted member

y'all saying "It's 4chan what do you expect" seem to miss the point that it's still ****ing terrible that Graizen had to experience that
Oh we saw it. But it came from 4chan. That place is practially a meme for how toxic it is, so this is no surprise to anyone.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I thought we were done with the Square character stuff, I thought we talking about how to unlock characters from the roster. At least that's what the discussion was from today. It seems like you get everybody from playing either Classic Mode or World of Light.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What if the DLC is like:

-Fjorm
-Euden
-Katalina
-Saber (from FGO)
-Angry Bird

Bow down to the new smartphone overlords
The only two non-offensive ones are Fjorm and Saber honestly. Fjorm might be tied to Fire Emblem Heroes, but the Fire Emblem name is a home console franchise in its roots. Saber is also originally a visual novel character, so they're both from properties big enough outside of the mobile gacha craze.

Angry Bird would suck ass though. I'd rather have Fortnite guy. At least I can play him ironically.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
The only two non-offensive ones are Fjorm and Saber honestly. Fjorm might be tied to Fire Emblem Heroes, but the Fire Emblem name is a home console franchise in its roots. Saber is also originally a visual novel character, so they're both from properties big enough outside of the mobile gacha craze.

Angry Bird would suck *** though. I'd rather have Fortnite guy. At least I can play him ironically.
even with dabbing?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

This garbage *** user thinks i have free time like him to keep creating this stupid ****
Listen, bub. It's no deal, and don't let it get to your mind. It's just 4chan, no need to complain about it anymore. Dude like those anons gets away with saying dumb ****s or insults someone on the board.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
o no ninja known for playing fortnite is going to play smash
There was a problem fetching the tweet
time to panic friends because smash online is going to be swarmed with annoying little ****
This isn’t even the first time Ninja mentioned Smash.

He even watched a Melee tournament before and stated how Melee is “the chess” of fighting games due to it’s longevity and growth.

But I wonder what he’s planning on doing with Smash. Either way, him mentioning competitive Smash or even Smash in it of itself is a good thing for our scene since we’re going to be in the spotlight in front of a lot of eyes for a bit.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
nah, Angry bird kinda went and gone, never was as big as minecraft. minecraft on teh other hand is still going on, and doesn't only appeals to kids and supercasuals... plus i don't think angry bird have made the minecraft numbers...
I used to support the idea of Red from Angry Birds. But looking back any implemented AB character would be so boring to play as.

It could be done Duck Hunt style were there is a player off screen launching birds as special attacks, but it’s pretty low on my priority list.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What if the DLC is like:

-Fjorm
-Euden
-Katalina
-Saber (from FGO)
-Angry Bird

Bow down to the new smartphone overlords
I'm sure someone would get pissed at me saying this somehow...but this would be a pretty trash list.

D

Deleted member

This isn’t even the first time Ninja mentioned Smash.

He even watched a Melee tournament before and stated how Melee is “the chess” of fighting games due to it’s longevity and growth.

But I wonder what he’s planning on doing with Smash. I mean, him mentioning competitive Smash in it of itself is a good thing for our scene since we’re going to be in the spotlight in front of a lot of eyes for a bit.
I mean Ninja would definitely bring a lot of casual eyes to competitive Smash but man...

He's kind of a ****head, not sure I would want him being one of the faces of our scene. Even the hardcore Fortnite community dislikes him and his whiny antics

Last edited by a moderator:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Saber is huge in Japan and relatable as a single character in the US. I think the only reason she's not more popular over here is her origin in a visual novel with h elements. (Though the franchise has grown spectacularly beyond that)

monadoboy

Smash Lord

There are far, far worse things to be infamous for. It's not worth getting worked up, or even wasting a single second on stuff like this.

Take it from someone who was treated like a freak show in middle school. People are ****. Give them anonymity, and their ****ty behavior comes out ten times stronger.
It's just someone overreacting in a dumb video game forum. Ignore them. Every second you even think about their stupidity is a second you waste on someone who will forget they wrote that dumb **** tomorrow.

beans

Smash Lord

Angry Bird would suck *** though. I'd rather have Fortnite guy. At least I can play him ironically.
H-Novel, dont forget the history man.

Angry Bird is a wonder on how it would be implemented.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Saber isn't the FGO rep, silly...
It's Jeanne. And Jeanne alter.
And Jeanne christmas. And Jeanne alter Christmas. And swimsuit Jeanne. And...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Saber is huge in Japan and relatable as a single character in the US. I think the only reason she's not more popular over here is her origin in a visual novel with h elements. (Though the franchise has grown spectacularly beyond that)
Fun fact actually. Saber's franchise has earned as much money, if not more by now, than another Japanese franchise.
Godzilla

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
So, I hope this isn't off topic, but in the absence of things to discuss, what is your dream video game you want to make?
Probably a real fun platformer like 3D World which has some of my favorite characters playable in.

Another dream game wanted as a child was Nintendo vs Sega like the Marvel vs Capcom series but with Nintendo and Sega characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Did you hear about the entire game getting datamined and Veregben’s list of SE characters leaking?
If not then hoo boy I’ve got things to tell ya
Former, yes: Trying to avoid.
Latter, No: when did this happen?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Some kind of open world, 3D platformer but those games have been done to death already. I’m just a complete sucker for that genre.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
even with dabbing?
Imma dab, floss, and default dance on my opponents.

Ironically.

I mean...at least you're famous?
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 11.43.03 PM.png

H-Novel, dont forget the history man.

Angry Bird is a wonder on how it would be implemented.
I mean, yeah, that's a given, but it's one of the most plot-heavy eroge novels out there.

Fire Emblem characters had to exist somehow, right? The difference between the two is that the ****ing happens off-screen in one of them. Otherwise, it's pretty universal in most game stories :v

Sure, you say that, but I could also come up with a unique moveset for Ronald McDonald. Doesn't mean I should.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Former, yes: Trying to avoid.
Latter, No: when did this happen?
Bout a day ago. Leaked list is
Sora
geno
Sephiroth
Luminary
Slime
Erdrick
Chrono
Apparently sora isn’t in and geno shouldn’t be taken seriously, although the latter might just be bias

Graizen

Smash Champion
Imma dab, floss, and default dance on my opponents.

Ironically.

I mean...at least you're famous?
View attachment 180326

I mean, yeah, that's a given, but it's one of the most plot-heavy eroge novels out there.

Fire Emblem characters had to exist somehow, right? The difference between the two is that the ****ing happens off-screen in one of them. Otherwise, it's pretty universal in most game stories :v

Sure, you say that, but I could also come up with a unique moveset for Ronald McDonald. Doesn't mean I should.
I will just stop posting about Digimon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom