• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Link: arrested for property invasion and destruction of property

Link is Hyrule's greatest criminal mastermind.

Kirby: Hungry Fun Ball (do not taunt)
Megaman: Dwanye "Megaman" Johnson
Cloud: Smash' Last Weeb
Richter; Jochter Jolmont
Pit: Angel ©1999 Joss Whedon
Dark Pit: Dark Angel ©2000 James Cameron
Ryu: Japanese Ken
Ken: American Ryu
Not Dwanye "The Rockman" Johnson? You had one job.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
If the non-Pokemon playable characters were Pokemon, what types would they be?

Here are some

Bayonetta - Dark
Bowser - Fire/Dark
Ness and Lucas - Psychic
Yoshi - Dragon
Kirby and Peach - Fairy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sylux had some demand even before Ultimate.

He was a popular pick alongside Dark Samus between the Metroid fans during the “Ridley is too big” era.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If I could choose the 5 dlc it would be Sylux, Porky, Elma, Eight and Jill Valentine.

Yeah I know “but those aren’t hype additions” yeah well **** off cause I never asked you.
That’s be a pretty cool lineup imo.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I was just joking about Porky and Sylux lol, it didn’t have an emote making me look serious.

If anyone is gonna be the new K.Roodley it’ll be Isaac/Waluigi/Geno/Banjo/Shadow.

It’s just weird how those two are suddenly become the rage since they had no Spirits in sight.

Heck, why no heavy speculation on Funky?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So I’ve heard, but she is on the Pac-Land stage still so who knows.
True. I dunno if there’s liscensing differences between a character and a little sprite lol. She like Shadow seemed like an easy echo (or alt like Alph)

Maybe Sakurai just had no interest

D

Deleted member

I was just joking about Porky and Sylux lol, it didn’t have an emote making me look serious.

If anyone is gonna be the new K.Roodley it’ll be Isaac/Waluigi/Geno/Banjo/Shadow.

It’s just weird how those two are suddenly become the rage since they had no Spirits in sight.

Heck, why no heavy speculation on Funky?
I always supported Sylux before the Spirit thing, so don’t put me in that bag.

PF9

Smash Lord
If the non-Pokemon playable characters were Pokemon, what types would they be?

Here are some

Bayonetta - Dark
Bowser - Fire/Dark
Ness and Lucas - Psychic
Yoshi - Dragon
Kirby and Peach - Fairy
Some more:

Zelda - Fairy/Psychic
Ridley - Dragon/Dark (with Levitate)
Ice Climbers - Ice
Ganondorf - Dark
Roy - Fire/Steel

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Are people not concerned with how porky would scale down? It seems like if they made his machine a reasonable size, he would just be like a ****** inside of it.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
True. I dunno if there’s liscensing differences between a character and a little sprite lol. She like Shadow seemed like an easy echo (or alt like Alph)

Maybe Sakurai just had no interest
From what I have heard Namco isn't really all that interested in using Ms Pacman for things due to how she was created rather than any rights issues

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Are people not concerned with how porky would scale down? It seems like if they made his machine a reasonable size, he would just be like a ****** inside of it.
He’s like 9 he can be short.

It’s not like he’s 6 ft tall like another certain villian character I want in Smash Bros

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There's a pretty BIG flaw with that assumption

Ridley proved that size does not matter...

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I say this because as you say, Square is stingy. So Neku fits that cheapness perfectly. Plus, due to their recent losess, I think they need all their games selling exceptionally well. From all their console recent, I think TWEWY is the lowest on that chart. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy are bigger than Smash. So maybe they don't need that advertisement bit as TWEWY. Just a guess.
Nevertheless, I'm really thrilled to know who the Square rep is, and how that bodes with your knowledge :)
Here's that Calling song (I need to give this game a try soon). It gets my vote for sure. (ohh now I feel more how you felt about 2 pieces. Man this song needs to get in Smash, although songs are harder to get than music)
Its possible Square could push for Neku in an attempt to make the series more popular. However its more possible they will push for the top three. In this case that would be KH, DQ & TR. If they pushed DQ that would make them more popular in the West. If they push TR that would help make the series more popular in the East. And if they push KH that is their current biggest game, it would help draw even more interest. With Neku its pushing a game that is not really that much of a focus to the company. It would have helped Neku's chances had he had a sequel to his game. That being said I wouldn't rule him out completely he still has a chance. He would be really interesting if he made it in, definitely bring some great music.

D

Deleted member

This image shows how he could scale.
Source is Dalek_Kolt on reddit but I can’t confirm if he’s the original artist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom