• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Hey folks, where exactly did Hitagi say the mystery Swordsman isn't FE, Zelda or Xenoblade?

I don't see it on his reddit account.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Thought occured to me taking a stroll in the cool rainy night.. What if Hitagi is ****ing with us?
I can happen but it depends on whether Hitagi cares or doesnt care about their image.

And even if he was, we have nothing else to entertain ourselves for the moment anyway.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Euden would ONLY be interesting if he had TWO movesets.

One as his human form focusing on his sword.

And another once transformed into a dragon.

That's really the only way to separate him from Corrin.

But we don't really do transformation characters anymore.....soooooooooooooooo.........

Bleh.
To be fair, we got PT back and they're much better implemented this time around, so them revisiting the concept with a Euden/Migardsormr pair isn't necessarily unfeasible and could be pulled off if you shrunk the latter.

The only thing is that even if it's perfectly balanced and the duo work perfectly together, I'm certain most would still only play as Migardsormr over the poor boy.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Who?
Medicham?
Mega-Medicham
Garchomp
Ash-Greninja
Hoopa-Unbound
Mega-Lopunny
Kartana
Kyurem-B
Mega-Mawile
Blacephelon

Like, the amount of propr walls is pretty small in OU. Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Zapdos, Chansey, Tangrowth...

Ash-Greninja is legal because it's predictable and not too overpoweringly strong, while Mega-Gross and Mega-Lucario demand you have dedicated answers, or they sweep

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hitagi's ruling out a little too many franchises with his blanket statements for my liking still.

Which is strange because he's also someone playing it super safe with generic blanket statements like ''Nintendo sword user".

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Welp. One thing is certain. They're getting all the attention they could ask for.

It's pointless to me. They're literally being as vague as possible and dropping hints, gaining nothing from it when people in the past have given WAY more info (be it right or wrong). If this was that important to them (it isn't. I suspect they have real jobs), they'd have said what they know and dropped names already instead of this (It ain't FE, XB or whatever). Mildly irritating, but the best thing anyone can do is just ignore them, in my eyes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Until Verge finally leaks everything, we'll get our answer to all the DLC. Who knows how long that'll be...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Mega-Medicham
Garchomp
Ash-Greninja
Hoopa-Unbound
Mega-Lopunny
Kartana
Kyurem-B
Mega-Mawile
Blacephelon

Like, the amount of propr walls is pretty small in OU. Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Zapdos, Chansey, Tangrowth...

Ash-Greninja is legal because it's predictable and not too overpoweringly strong, while Mega-Gross and Mega-Lucario demand you have dedicated answers, or they sweep
Megagross got bumped up to ubers?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Welp. One thing is certain. They're getting all the attention they could ask for.

It's pointless to me. They're literally being as vague as possible and dropping hints, gaining nothing from it when people in the past have given WAY more info (be it right or wrong). If this was that important to them (it isn't. I suspect they have real jobs), they'd have said what they know and dropped names already instead of this (It ain't FE, XB or whatever). Mildly irritating, but the best thing anyone can do is just ignore them, in my eyes.
I do find it funny that Hitagi was making fun of people who make YouTube videos that speculate on Smash stuff and telling them to get a life.......while he is leaking information for the sole purpose of getting attention.

Double K

Smash Lord
I do find it funny that Hitagi was making fun of people who make YouTube videos that speculate on Smash stuff and telling them to get a life.......while he is leaking information for the sole purpose of getting attention.
Hitagi isn't doing it for the sake of cash.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What if Richter's victory animation is similar to Simon's Level Clear, but it's instead him backflipping to the orb and staying in the air in an awkward silence.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Little News for Ultimate in Regards to the Bundle, Character Modifications Pre and Post Launch, and Reasons of Why the Launch Date is chosen:

There’s some more details from Kotaku’s interview with Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime that you should know about. You see, out of all the things that were discussed in the interview, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate received the most attention. Firstly, Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed that the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Switch hardware bundle is “effectively sold out”.

Secondly, Reggie talked about how much of a new experience Smash Ultimate really is. As he explained his point, he confirmed that “Mr. Sakurai will continue to tweak the different characters until launch and even past launch”. Lastly, Kotaku asked Reggie what he thinks could have gone better in the first nine months of this year. Reggie admitted that “would I have loved to have seen, as an example, Smash Bros.launch earlier in the year? Certainly. An early December launch is challenging. It’s challenging from a business perspective. It’s challenging from a retailer perspective.”

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Hitagi isn't doing it for the sake of cash.
No, but he’s doing it for the sake of attention. I find it funny that they apparently have no life because they make ad revenue on YouTube, but I guess he does have a life because he’s only doing it for the e-fame and not the money?

I’m just saying it’s a little hypocritical.

Double K

Smash Lord
From my understanding it's actually very difficult to get monetized and then really make money from YouTube
It's easy to get monetized. The hard part is not getting flagged.

Making a living off of youtube is very hard, hence why even successful channels run patreons

Pakky

Smash Hero
Mega-Medicham
Garchomp
Ash-Greninja
Hoopa-Unbound
Mega-Lopunny
Kartana
Kyurem-B
Mega-Mawile
Blacephelon

Surprised you didn't mention Celesteela, Clefable, Mega Sabeleye, Heatran, or Skarmory and then out of the tier you've got dependable ones like Slowbro and it's mega.

Wait can't you just put specs on Ash-Greninja?

How is that not a problem? Just like I never got why they never banned Talonflame back in 6th gen, but banned Protean Greninja.

I don't get their politics and that's okay.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Surprised you didn't mention Celesteela, Clefable, Mega Sabeleye, Heatran, or Skarmory and then out of the tier you've got dependable ones like Slowbro and it's mega.

How is that not a problem? Just like I never got why they never banned Talonflame back in 6th gen.
because ash-greninja is trash

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
What? That's clearly a giant greatsword.
In the game it’s classified as a club. The “Magnus Club” as it’s called can also be used by Pit! An almost melee exclusive weapon, the only real projectile it has is a short wave like projectile not unlike those the Ragnell (Ike’s sword) produces!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I really hope we see a season 2 because the stuff this person is leaking has me extremely hesitant on buying the fighters pass. :(

D

Deleted member

Little News for Ultimate in Regards to the Bundle, Character Modifications Pre and Post Launch, and Reasons of Why the Launch Date is chosen:

Makes sense. Nintendo set pretty high goals for their estimated sales for Switch; Smash launching, say, in October with Pokemon coming in a month later so both could be out around Black Friday and the general holiday shopping season would have been a much better scenario for reaching their goals. With the way things are, I do think they'll make it to that 20 million goal, but I think it's gonna be close.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In the game it’s classified as a club. The “Magnus Club” as it’s called can also be used by Pit! An almost melee exclusive weapon, the only real projectile it has is a short wave like projectile not unlike those the Ragnell (Ike’s sword) produces!
I just imagine that Mangus Forward tilt would be the basic club attack from Uprising, and that you can move left, and right, while swinging it like you can do with the clubs.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

How is that not a problem? Just like I never got why they never banned Talonflame back in 6th gen, but banned Protean Greninja.

I don't get their politics and that's okay.
Specs Ash-Gren is actually weaker than Life Orb Protean Greninja on any non Water/Dark moves (which is also legal). And it needs a kill to transform, which isn't easy when it doesn't have Protean (the attack stat is really underwhelming for OU when megas exist. Like it's barely more than Starmie who isn't in OU anymore because of powercreep), and it's basically ability-less in its base form.

Talonflame was never getting banned as long as Stealth Rock was a move because it couldn't sweep teams without support then, which is what made it workable. There were also things that could take Brave Birds basically forever like Tyranitar.

Double K

Smash Lord

How is that not a problem? Just like I never got why they never banned Talonflame back in 6th gen.
Mega Sable isn't a true wall, it's a disruptor for hazards and a staller. It's base HP is abysmal and it loses hard to fairy types. Forgot Celesteela and Skarmory, but Heatran is used offensively, Clefable is used explicitly to mess with stall teams (Magic Guard). Slowbro is NU and Mega is UU, so I'm explicitly ignoring them, lest I mention mons like Manaphy, Megacross, Stakataka, Mega-Aerodactyl, etc.

And yes, use Specs on Ash-Greninja, leaving you screwed if the opponent doesn't die, or scouts with protect. While viable, you're better off using Waterium Z to bust problematic things you can run over right away, or get an instant Battle Bond.

Talonflame wasn't banned because while strong, nobody on ladder saw a problem with it. Which is bull****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom