• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beans

Smash Lord
I don't know? But by guts feeling?
-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-Noctis
-2B
-Eleven/Eight
-Crono

Tell me how anyone on that list of 7 wouldn't be hype in smash if that was the kind of List Vergeben got?
Exactly, its hype, thats how we know its fake.
It will probaly Actraiser.
Does anybody here knows Actraiser?
Someone? Anyone? Its a really good game you know....

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think Verge mentioned Geno wasn't on the list, so swap him for Lara Croft
Not that he wasn't on the list, just that Square-Enix probably just doesn't give a **** about Geno to be leaked since everyone and their grandma talk about him in smash. Whenever he's on the list or no (but with that comment on him never commenting on any name before, it doesn't boil down well for him)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-Noctis
-2B
-Eleven/Eight
-Crono

Tell me how anyone on that list of 7 wouldn't be hype in smash if that was the kind of List Vergeben got?
I think out of these characters, Sora and Noctis are the only ones that actually have a chance. Geno, of course, is a "Who's that?" character with the general audience, so he doesn't make sense for DLC.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What if we can get Geno, but to do so we need to lose our dignity by posting for two weeks in Tik Tok and not in any other social media?

Would you accept the challenge for Geno?
I mean...that's an annoying, but totally doable cost that I'd pay for any character I really wanted.

LetterO

Smash Lord
-Sora
-Geno
-Erdrick
-Noctis
-2B
-Eleven/Eight
-Crono

It needs some Neku and then I'm at maximum hype.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I think out of these characters, Sora and Noctis are the only ones that actually have a chance. Geno, of course, is a "Who's that?" character with the general audience, so he doesn't make sense for DLC.
Hey, you know who else were “who’s that?” characters?
Corrin
Bayonetta
Hell, you could argue that RYU is a “who’s that?” character

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What if we can get Geno, but to do so we need to lose our dignity by posting for two weeks in Tik Tok and not in any other social media?

Would you accept the challenge for Geno?
For a character I don't want? Nah, I'll have to pass

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It needs some Neku and then I'm at maximum hype.
See? That's how you know Square-Enix is thebest candidate for DLC choice when you see how many people would be hype for their characters-

That's why whoever gets in, Sora or not. Erdrick or not. Geno or not. I know I will be ****ing hype because damnit, Square-Enix's characters rock.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Huh, so these were found during the Nintendo Live event:

These most likely won't see usage aside from the results screen (perhaps), and maybe Spirits (also perhaps). I don't even know what these would even exist for, but they do.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah
I can’t say who the killer is though cause that’d be a spoiler
adachi. The killer is the cabbage man who hates women and minorities
Corrin
Bayonetta
yeah, but Geno is a whole another level of who's that

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Corrin
Bayonetta
Ryu is not a "who's that?" character because he's iconic. Street Fighter is iconic. Geno is not. Corrin and Bayonetta, though I agree are "who's that?" characters, they at least are relevant. Bayonetta is the main character of her games and her games are still coming out, and Corrin was released right around the time his game came out in Japan and right before it came out in America. Those two are relevant. Geno is not. Geno is a forgotten character in the eyes of the general audience. I'm sorry, but it's true.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post; flaming
[QUOTE="Robertman2, post: 22669580, member: 243123"
]adachi. The killer is the cabbage man who hates women and minorities

yeah, but Geno is a whole another level of who's that[/QUOTE]
Oh **** you dude. Thanks for ruining the game for a bunch of people who haven't played it, you asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:

beans

Smash Lord
See? That's how you know Square-Enix is thebest candidate for DLC choice when you see how many people would be hype for their characters-

That's why whoever gets in, Sora or not. Erdrick or not. Geno or not. I know I will be ****ing hype because damnit, Square-Enix's characters rock.
It's almost like they make good games and end up shooting themselves in the foot because of bad decisions.
Like with the FF7 remake "not even the director knew about it" reveal. And the Versus 13 "cant wait to play this game that wont get delayed" reveal. And the KH3 "We are making KH3, we just can show anything yet" reveal.

D

Deleted member

Robertman2 Robertman2 Dude, seriously, why'd ya go and do that. I get that the game is old, but sheesh, no need to purposely yell out the game's major twist...

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It's almost like they make good games and end up shooting themselves in the foot because of bad decisions.
Like with the FF7 remake "not even the director knew about it" reveal. And the Versus 13 "cant wait to play this game that wont get delayed" reveal. And the KH3 "We are making KH3, we just can show anything yet" reveal.
Yeah, they really need to slow down with their reveals. They should take notes from Sakurai. He knows how to time a game's reveal, nine months before the game comes out, not ten years before it comes out

D

Deleted member

Batman is killed in an episode of the animated series by a regular guy.

blackhazard0

Smash Rookie
If it’s true that the Stadium stuff is gone in Ultimate, I think the only real loss is Homerun contest. Target smash would likely be how it was in Brawl or 4 and I can’t say I really cared for it in either of those games. Unless they go back to being character specific (which is incredibly unlikely) I can’t say I’ll really miss it.

Also seemingly no stage builder which feels like even less of a loss imo.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Yeah, they really need to slow down with their reveals. They should take notes from Sakurai. He knows how to time a game's reveal, nine months before the game comes out, not ten years before it comes out
Square Enix are one of the most inconsistent developers on the planet, i mean the amazing stuff in the FF15 trailer we saw at E3 2013 didn't even end up being in the final version of the game for christ sake!

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
If Actraiser got in I would be so unbelievably hype. He's in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom