• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
What are your final opinions guys?

Although I believe it's real, I'm trying to convince me to remain skeptical to be able to enjoy the direct at his fullest. Anyway, it will be a blast.
I'm still team fake. But like 60/40 fake. So if I'm right, I still deserve an apology. But a half-hearted one. An 'I'm sorry you feel that way' will probably do ;)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
With Etika apparently gone from Youtube, who will I turn to to get my "Acting but still enjoyably freakout" reactions to the Direct after it's done airing?

Relaxalax is too chill, and Rogersbase just cries.
What about Sourcegaming?

D

Deleted member

With Etika apparently gone from Youtube, who will I turn to to get my "Acting but still enjoyably freakout" reactions to the Direct after it's done airing?

Shofu's reactions were pretty good, NGL. Especially King K. Rool's reveal.

"MY MAN'S GOT A BACK BREAKER?! SO HELP ME J.R., HE HAD A FAMILY!"

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not really? I think it's just ludicrious that after bringing everyone back, giving us an insane number of fighters, that people think he's then going to throw another half dozen of them right at us in one big go. I'll let the room change my avatar if we get more than 3 more characters.
Not committed one way or another, but I have the perfect new avatar for you:

;)
please don’t kill me
_____

Also, I really want to see what the Ash Greninja FS looks like. I’m hoping it’s not just a reskinned Secret Ninja Attack.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm not going to comment on how much time left until the direct but... are you guys planning to watch and comment at the same time? I want to enjoy the new content to the fullest before coming back to here.
You guys won't really see me for a few days as I want to avoid the possible **** storm that may happen with the direct. So I'll likely come back to chat it up with you guys again in a few days.

Or I'll be permanently stuck in the smashboards void with no escape.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
Alright guys, school is starting so I’m going in the dark until lunch (as much as I want to skip 4th period, that’s algebra 2 so I actually have to pay attention). See you on the flip side.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Jeez? Get back here early this morning and I see page 6969 has passed.

Then I see that not everyone posted “Nice.” As was directed. For SHAME Smashboards. For shame!

Well anyway, looking forward to 10am. Teaching a class, but my watch will keep me updated and i’m going to try and keep my phone visible and on the Direct.

Hopefully this place isn’t Saltboards afterwards.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman

Good question... Who are you all going to watch live reactions for the Smash Direct? I always find enjoyable to watch fans going super hype on screen.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Alright guys, school is starting so I’m going in the dark until lunch (as much as I want to skip 4th period, that’s algebra 2 so I actually have to pay attention). See you on the flip side.
Best of luck, try not to be too distracted before lunch!

D

Deleted member

Good question... Who are you all going to watch live reactions for the Smash Direct? I always find enjoyable to watch fans going super hype on screen.
They can be cool.

But i always prefer to react on chats seeing the Direct on its own.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’ve basically decided to skip my morning class and just stay in my dorm for this. I don’t feel that well anyways so win/win

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is me right now:

I'm going to be in my cubicle during the direct so I'll have to be keeping quiet the whole damn time

Do you know hard this is for me
Especially since I can't help but get overexcited no matter what characters end up revealed

Not to mention if super secret blurred out mode is hype worthy

I'll be posting my bingo card during treehouse (a little ways into it so I can give the thread some time to chill the **** out) and I'm not thinking I'll win anything but I mean if I get ANY bingo on my list i'll be excited

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159

Papagenos is probably a good choice, or Nairo if he streams.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Although I believe it's real, I'm trying to convince me to remain skeptical to be able to enjoy the direct at his fullest. Anyway, it will be a blast.
I really wanted to try and come to a conclusion on the leak beforehand, but I just can't, too many things both in its favor and against it. I'll just watch and enjoy, no matter what we get it's just icing on the cake for me.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Damn it, I woke up way too early from excitement. What's this I've been reading about the N64 classic being announced right after the direct? Bro if it gets announced right after then Banjo has to be in the game! Probably day one DLC!

Im trying so hard to not let my expectations rise to grinch leak being true levels, I was neutral on this but I'm starting to get hyped up!

Gah!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Jeez? Get back her early this morning and I see page 6969 has passed.

Then I see that not everyone posted “Nice.” As was directed. For SHAME Smashboards. For shame!

Well anyway, looking forward to 10am. Teaching a class, but my watch will keep me updated and i’m going to try and keep my phone visible and on the Direct.

For shame? But Ms. Mythra, we were given infractions for doing this action. I think it's your fault, but I forgive you as we didn't see that coming.

D

Deleted member

Everyone has work today, except me (and i did my homework for these days).

My luck strikes back.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Tbh I'd cry too if my most wanted gets in.

Also, feel like I should ask it now with spam infractions flying around left right and centre: what counts as quality content/not spam when posting on here during the direct? I imagine people want to vent, but 'HE'S IN', 'YESSSSS' and 'NOOOOOO' are kind of spammy I'm guessing. Asking as this is the first time I've watched a direct as part of the forum.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I did not know fellow Scoliosis was a supporter of the true religion with that avatar. THERE'S ANOTHER THAT BELIEVES IN THE TRUE RELIGION. The ones that'll make Smash Ultimate the PERFECT game.

Though Pyra > Mythra always, I will die on this ****ing hill amongst all of you.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I kinda want a visual show to go along with it, and, no offense to him, but Nantenjex(?)'s mic blows out my speakers.
Actually, one smashtuber i like watching is called Ninkendo...
he usually does face reactions, and he's even less vulgar then most, so you can watch him around the kiddies

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Tbh I'd cry too if my most wanted gets in.

Also, feel like I should ask it now with spam infractions flying around left right and centre: what counts as quality content/not spam when posting on here during the direct? I imagine people want to vent, but 'HE'S IN', 'YESSSSS' and 'NOOOOOO' are kind of spammy I'm guessing. Asking as this is the first time I've watched a direct as part of the forum.
You post that kinda stuff in the Direct thread that they'll make.

D

Deleted member

I'll be watching the Direct live and likely react back on the NintenZone Social(unless we have a dedicated Direct thread). Some final considerations:
-The Grinch is fake
-Incineroar and Ken are in
-Box theory is right
-Geno is the first DLC, free to Online subscriptors
-Isaac and Shadow are back as assists
-Mach Rider and Chrous Kid are just a trophies
-Banjo is not even in
-Skull Kid is a boss
Now the pessimistic predictions:
-No new FE characters
-Robin's new FS is just a lazily done Ignis
-New Xenoblade content is limited to a XCX Medley
-Hitmonchan does not appear as Little Mac's Echo Fighter
-Atlus has no content in the game
-Rayman is still a mere trophy
-Wonder-Red doesn't even get promoted into AT
-There are no other new bosses besides Dracula and Rathalos, all remaining bosses are from SSE.
-Online doesn't allow you to play on Battlefield forms.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have made my peace.

No matter who or what we get, the fact is that beautiful Smash Switch bundle will be in my hands tomorrow and I'll be ready to play the best Smash game ever. Glad I could shift my work schedule an hour and catch this live with my roommate. This is gonna be something...Special.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I only tend to watch reactions after my first watch of the stream. I want to be able to enjoy what Im watching myself rather than having someone potentially scream or rant over something I want to hear.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I only tend to watch reactions after my first watch of the stream. I want to be able to enjoy what Im watching myself rather than having someone potentially scream or rant over something I want to hear.
Same.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
-The Grinch is fake
-Incineroar and Ken are in
-Box theory is right
-Geno is the first DLC, free to Online subscriptors
-Isaac and Shadow are back as assists
-Mach Rider and Chrous Kid are just a trophies
-Banjo is not even in
-Skull Kid is a boss
Now the pessimistic predictions:
Lol, I don't know why I find this so funny :laugh::laugh:

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108

Honestly, I think the leak is legit, despite being 50/50 at first. If it's not, then that's fine, Smash is already great as it is.

D

Deleted member

We did, but the tyranical Admins enforced their iron fist and infracte all those peaceful protestors.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

StylesX2 usually has pretty hype reactions. Alpharad is probably gonna be streaming, too.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'll say it, since the guy who used to say it before has since fallen from grace...

"THIS IS IT!!! THIS IS THE SUN, MA BOIZ!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom