• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If Banjo isn't in I'll be pretty disappointed... but I got :ultkrool: (my most wanted) and I always have my life long partner in crime :ultyoshi:

So I can't be too bummed...

A shock 3rd party that isn't Banjo...

Master Chief
Chrono
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Dovakhin
Vault Boy

Those are my choices..

Bethesda said in an interview that they spoke to Nintendo in regards to Smash and said literally nothing else. They only even answered that when asked.. I could see them getting a surprise 3rd party in there.. my money would be on Dovakhin. Skyrims presence on Switch was a big thing and Bethesda was there from the start being featured in the Switches debut trailer..I wouldn't be too shocked to see Dovakhin shout in a trailer....

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I feel like too many people are looking for ways to intemperate what Vergeben said.

Don't do his job for him guys, he very simply and bluntly stated: "Isaac is AT"

He knows which Isaac he's talking about, he knows what it implies, he knows his reputation will take a hit if he's wrong

Either his info is false or it's not, and in the strange case that he can somehow wiggle his way out of it like a different version of Isaac being an AT he's going to take that opportunity whether he's lying or not.

Believe the guy or don't believe the guy, same with all the other insiders
Verg is basically the same freaken thing as Dave Meltzer, except with video games :rolleyes: #Mark #NotIconic

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Best case scenario for me?

Shadow and Ken bring Tails and Chun Li along with them as unique newcomers.

4 third party gaming icons at once!
Hey, lets also bring some Alucard because... why not? :p

I feel like too many people are looking for ways to intemperate what Vergeben said.

Don't do his job for him guys, he very simply and bluntly stated: "Isaac is AT"

He knows which Isaac he's talking about, he knows what it implies, he knows his reputation will take a hit if he's wrong

Either his info is false or it's not, and in the strange case that he can somehow wiggle his way out of it like a different version of Isaac being an AT he's going to take that opportunity whether he's lying or not.

Believe the guy or don't believe the guy, same with all the other insiders
This... i don't think Isaac is 100% out of the way (although i do consider Verg on point most of the time but he have gotten some mixed info before) but all this theories that it may be indie Isaac or adult isaac are just.... stop doing this to yourselves.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
If Banjo isn't in I'll be pretty disappointed... but I got :ultkrool: (my most wanted)
Pretty much same here.
I'll be bummed if Banjo doesn't show up at this point, but its important to remember everything that has already been revealed. I got K.Rool and Ridley so I'm happy at the end of the day.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Must be honest and say that despite me trying to keep my hype and such calm, I'm still curious where Phosphora's gonna be. She should appear somewhere in the direct, most likely that is. Gotta keep the Kid Icarus passion going, but I'll be prepared for whatever happens.
Why do you feel like that's likely? Phosphora isn't exactly a 'big' character in Kid Icarus Uprising and she'd be a returning Assist Trophy most likely, so outside of maybe appearing in one of those AT Montages, I can't see her appearing..and even the montage is iffy even if she returns as an AT (which seems likely enough).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oof then that really doesn't make it better.

I kind of want to see it myself to be sure though, if that's possible. Did it happen on Gamefaqs? Does anyone have a link?
Yeah, it was GameFaqs. Happened in September around the same day Meltan was revealed. Couldn't read the original thread with Verg's comment because it was deleted.

There was also a thread where someone claimed he would eat poop if Isaac got (or didn't get?) revealed, and another thread where someone just said "potato" and had a poll with "potato" as all options.
It was a weird day.

---

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In all honesty, come on third party!

Loud, unironic yessing from me my dude. I've been doing it jokingly all thread but now we are down to the wire and I have to admit to myself that I was never joking at all.

Nice to see another supporter. Makes me feel less weird, haha.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The issue that I have with using "autism" as an insult is that it helps to spread negative stereotypes surrounding autism.

But didn't I hear something about Verge apologizing about using it as an insult, or was that just a rumor? If he really apologized, I'm totally willing to let it go.
Yeah, I remember him making an apology about it

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If Banjo isn't in I'll be pretty disappointed... but I got :ultkrool: (my most wanted) and I always have my life long partner in crime :ultyoshi:

Master Chief
Chrono
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Dovakhin
Vault Boy

Those are my choices..

Bethesda said in an interview that they spoke to Nintendo in regards to Smash and said literally nothing else. They only even answered that when asked.. I could see them getting a surprise 3rd party in there.. my money would be on Dovakhin. Skyrims presence on Switch was a big thing and Bethesda was there from the start being featured in the Switches debut trailer..I wouldn't be too shocked to see Dovakhin shout in a trailer....
Plus the epic theme from all the Skyrim trailers, I would lose it. :surprised:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I hope I’m right about this...
Hmm... a third party character that will shock a lot of people, but isn't Banjo...
Sora? (although people are starting to expect him at this point)
KOS-MOS? please
Lloyd?
Some Square JRPG rep that I'm too lazy to think of since there are a billion of them?
Steve?... OK, not Steve

TeamFlareZakk

Master Chief
Chrono
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Dovakhin
Vault Boy

Those are my choices..

Dont give up on Banjo! #VergIsFakeNews

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So is there some kind of leaker war going on or something
Sort of kind of but not really

Here's the thing: None of the insiders have backed the Grinch. Literally none, sans only Papa's source, whoever that may be. Most of the insiders have been extremely vague about why they don't believe it, with the only consistency there being that the Grinch leak got a lot right, but some of it's characters are ATs.

Now, this is where things start to diverge, as far as I can tell, there have been only two insiders who have named names. Mystic and Verg. Despite that, the divergence isn't as big as people are making it out to be, like some grand insider civil war, that isn't happening.

Whats happening is that Verg (a long with others) is convinced Isaac is AT, while Mystic is not

Now I don't recall whether Mystic specifically stated "Isaac is not an AT", but I do recall them saying that they can't say for certain that Verg's or any other insider's info is wrong.

THAT is very telling. It means Mystic can't say for certain themselves whether Isaac is AT or not. It means they don't actually know, or they haven't heard anything suggesting one way or another.

Eitherway, there may be some inconsistency in the info coming from insiders, but there's also some very interesting consistencies

It all boils down to whether you believe any of them or not

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
It's official. Pretty sure I've just gone through the stages of grief on 2B.
Denial:
You know, it'd be pretty weird if what happened with Soul Calibur happens with Smash (Sakurai, being a follower of Yoko Taro as well).

Anger:
Look at this place. It's becoming /v/. It's becoming GameFAQs.

Why are we all getting so obsessive over a leak? Regardless if the leak is real or false, everything will be revealed in less than 39 days.
In fact, it's safe to assume that we might know everything, including whether the leak is true or not, in less than 2 to 3 weeks.

People keep arguing who's right or wrong with the same repetitive arguments. It's like the time people got flamed over Corrin on here all over again, or how it used to be whenever someone brought up the music or box theory.

It gets tiring, honestly. This place has gone downhill.
I joke around about being one of the crazy and weird people here, but it's becoming clear that it's nearly everyone else that's become chaotic, not me.
Bargaining: literally
**** the Grinch! I don't care about leaks at this point.
Who's getting in?
I'm willing to bargain with @Nekoo for my character!

I'll even give bargain with persona fans for this one!
View attachment 173644

Whatever it takes! **** the Grinch! **** leaks! Let's get this over with!
We interrupt your regularly scheduled leak talk to bring you...

Do you like Pepsi?
Do you like Coca Cola?

If you said yes to either of these, what is wrong with you?

Throw that can of bad tasting Cola away, and instead drink Bepis.
Bepis
will bring you a quality of life you've never experienced before!

2B likes Bepis. And Bepis likes 2B!
Everyone knows 2B doesn't like a lot of things, so it must be good!

So please, throw away that poor Cola and get 2Bepis.

And remember, spread awareness of this series! 2B for Smash!
More importantly, Bepis for Smash! (As an item)
One 2B new supporter a day will each help a poor soul somewhere in this world.

NOTE: Bepis is not a real product of any company, nor does it endorse anything or anyone. 2B does not come with Bepis. Both must be purchased separately. 2B belongs to Square Enix. This is not a real advertisement, nor is there anything you can really purchase. This is simply a poor ****post made in hopes of garnering more support for a character from a once-niche franchise for Smash.

I sold my soul to Yoko Taro.
Depression:

Every time I see Vergeben post anything relating to Nier, I get my hopes up.
And every time I realize it's just about SoulCalibur, I get my hopes crushed.

Acceptance
Whoever gets in, even if they're someone I never knew about or never cared for, I'll be happy for. If someone I wanted badly doesn't make it in, I'll just have to try harder next time for DLC. If they get deconfirmed, I'll happily settle for whatever we've already got.

2B or not 2B, I'm gonna be happy with the outcome. I know it for a fact.
Either way, just wanted to drop this quick image here ahead of time..

View attachment 173890
Happy Halloween! Just one day away from the last bit of news.
I've come to terms with everything. I'm finally at peace with myself, and everyone else.
While I'm still hopeful, I think I finally have realistic expectations now. My insanity has lessened.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Okay not gonna lie, Dovahkiin being confirmed would be insane.
Plays Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Unlock Dovakhin.

Uses his Final Smash: "Oh, hey, you're awake!"

Todd Howard you did it again, you ported Skyrim to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait a second...

The other day I yelled RESET THE CLOCK and posted this gif.
05bc9314391f9af420c9a247c7e710f2297b6618_00.gif

So I could summon a direct, and now...

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
There's honestly too many random people and "insiders" coming out last-minute to say "here's what's in the game". It's just kind of a ****show. I'm just gonna... hold onto the fence of the Grinch leak and wait until Thursday. We'll see.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace

Here's the thing: None of the insiders have backed the Grinch. Literally none, sans only Papa's source, whoever that may be. Most of the insiders have been extremely vague about why they don't believe it, with the only consistency there being that the Grinch leak got a lot right, but some of it's characters are ATs.

Now, this is where things start to diverge, as far as I can tell, there have been only two insiders who have named names. Mystic and Verg. Despite that, the divergence isn't as big as people are making it out to be, like some grand insider civil war, that isn't happening.

Whats happening is that Verg (a long with others) is convinced Isaac is AT, while Mystic is not

Now I don't recall whether Mystic specifically stated "Isaac is not an AT", but I do recall them saying that they can't say for certain that Verg's or any other insider's info is wrong.

THAT is very telling. It means Mystic can't say for certain themselves whether Isaac is AT or not. It means they don't actually know, or they haven't heard anything suggesting one way or another.

Eitherway, there may be some inconsistency in the info coming from insiders, but there's also some very telling consistencies

Mystic said Isaac is NOT an AT specifically from what he heard, and it's been stated previously his sources are different from Verge's and that he's had basically zero contact with him.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
If it is Sora though then why did spawns waves source think he was a game awards dlc reveal?
I'm of the mind that people with "sources" get things right now and again, but there's usually some kind of discrepancy with timing and exactly how right they are

Given the context here, Sora and MC are both equally likely in my mind as "surprising 3rd party newcomers", and I suppose either one could be revealed tomorrow or at the Game Awards. I'm playing it safe and assuming there are very few 3rd party reveals left, which leads me to believe if there is one on Thursday, it's likely going to be a character we've had multiple sources corroborate that they're playable. (Of course this reasoning doesn't exactly hold up especially considering a few newcomers weren't hinted at at all by people with sources, so it's anyone's game)

That said I think there could still be a bombshell reveal at the Game Awards even with a third party on Thursday. I'd like both MC and Sora to make it in.

TeamFlareZakk

Eitherway, there may be some inconsistency in the info coming from insiders, but there's also some very telling consistencies

Insiders have been hushed by Nintendo, no insider can confirm anything or else they may face dire consequences and they know it.. So they make bluffs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Denial:

Anger:

Depression:

Acceptance

I've come to terms with everything. I'm finally at peace with myself, and everyone else.
While I'm still hopeful, I think I finally have realistic expectations now. My insanity has lessened.
I'm so proud of you. You've grown so much.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait until unexpected third party to be like Bayo and be really unexpected.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Insiders have been hushed by Nintendo, no insider can confirm anything or else they may face dire consequences and they know it.. So they make bluffs.
This also. Honestly the fact that Mystic said anything at all is probably gonna bite him in the ass down the line

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
Denial:

Anger:

Depression:

Acceptance

i'm sorry if your favorite nier character doesn't get in, it would be 2B(ad) for you.
hahahhahahhahhahahahhahhhaaaahahahahahahhhahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahhahahahahahahahah
sorry goodnight boss

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Wait until unexpected third party to be like Bayo and be really unexpected.
You say that but there were people like me who were pulling for Bayo the entire time. She had ballot support. She had buzz, just nobody thought it'd happen

Dante is in a similar situation............

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If we are talking shocking third party, I have my bets that it is either a Resident Evil character or Frogger. Maybe Dante too.
At first I'd agree with Frogger...

Then I remember all the shovelware Frogger games and his humanoid form.

On second thought, let's not get Frogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom