• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey remember all of this?
View attachment 173518
Tell me why a ****ing tongue threw all this out.
Well, to be fair to Team Fake, it was also a ****ing tongue that started it--the fact we hadn't seen it before, lent it credibility.

Matching it up on my own, it's really hard to tell because it is blurry--it does look like it extends to Banjo and "maybe" cuts off too short, though it could be a micro-detail that gets lost when seen in the blur/shadow. It doesn't change the fact that many macro-details, what we can more easily see, have a lot of convincing aspects to them.

I agree with @TotsBS --and I've been on Team ****ed ever since many of the holes, for both sides, came out a few days ago. All I do know, is we're getting a Direct soon (maybe), and only one character art reveal is enough to 100%* confirm or debunk.

*Nothing's ever 100% epistimologically speaking, not even that the Sun will rise tomorrow, but shhh, good enough for government work

EDIT: Oooor maybe not because Snake's gun. **** this thread moves too fast.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Watching this discourse even as someone just watching random hostilities is becoming actually kind of painful. I really want to believe in a direct on thursday so we can actually just find out what the hell is going on with this crazy situation. That's all I want.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
gun2.png

See the pink within the light blue circle? That is what I was talking about a few pages back. Doesn't that look like part of Greninja's tongue?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I feel like I am watching a YuGiOh dual going on right now.

"Ha! You revealed my trap card!"

"And you have activated MY trap card"

NOW I remember the tongue talk from before. Lord these days have bled together almost seamlessly.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
As someone who's neutral to this leak... I don't see how anything with the banner in terms of "fine detail" can be used for or against the leak... the quality is so pixilated that the only things you can take as evidence at face value is the characters who's shape's you can make out to a degree to tell they're unique poses that don't exist already.. the more you blow up the banner the worse the pixelation gets and the harder it is to differenciate fine details. To me it looks like Greninjas tongue is being obscured by something in front of it. Again it's so hard to tell anything on this banner..

The only evidence the banner has going for it is the situation surrounding the image itself and where it supposedly came from..the banner itself is practically useless to use as any indicators because the quality is so awful. For all anyone knows the new character renders could be much lower quality than the existing characters but the blur stops us from being able to tell. Or at the end of a direct we see these exact character poses in these positions and know it's real. I just think analyzing the banner as it is current isn't breaking any ground.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, I think this whole situation took a turn for the worse the moment that the MarioTehPlumber theory was created concerning his whole involvement in this.

That theory existing is just frightening

D

Deleted member

I feel like I am watching a YuGiOh dual going on right now.

"Ha! You revealed my trap card!"

"And you have activated MY trap card"

NOW I remember the tongue talk from before. Lord these days have bled together almost seamlessly.
Nah forget that, we're in the middle of a freaking DBZ battle right now.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Greninja’s tongue in the leak is missing a chunk of its tongue in the top corner where the deviantion is and just goes out in a straight line afterwards.

It’s one of two things. A goof up by the leaked? Or it’s lost in the stitched up image.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not calling this a debunk just yet but it's worth still analyzing.

In any case I'd really just like to see the madness end soon, regardless of whether the leak holds true or not. I'm seeing people going at each other's throats for honestly rather petty reasons as more arguments and counter-arguments rise.

D

Deleted member

Dude...chill. The tongue is behind Snakes Bazooka still.
I'm not upset, lol. I was just trying to ask for a rebuttal, which people have given.

I'm no leak buster, so I'll let other people handle it. I was just sharing thoughts like everyone else. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 173512

Here. The leaker got Greninja's tongue completely wrong.

In an attempt to make up material not usually seen, he accidentally cut Greninja's tongue way too short.

It's a fake.
IT'S OVER SPIDAHMAN!

Thank god we can finally bury this one.

Do you any of you have time to talk about our Lord and Savior Nihilist Theory?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seeing as the Grinch is primarily associated with Christmas, I find it extremely doubtful that he'll get any kind of April Fools treatment.

That honor belongs to everyone's favorite guy in purple.
The Grinch wasn't associated with Smash Bros. before but here we are.

He stole Christmas, he stole the Smash Bros. roster and now he's stealing April Fools.

StormC

Smash Hero
Now, can we not to the "any REASONABLE person would realize it's fake upon seeing it" song and dance?

There's good reason to think it's real and good reason to think it's fake. Going hardcore either way is foolish when evidence piles up on both sides.

Let's all just chill for a second.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
First real bit of evidence against the leak, but I don't think it overshadows all the evidence for it. It's really hard to tell and I'm a bit hesitant to say his tongue is actually cut off.
Honestly it wouldn't need to overshadow the rest. If one part is found to be falsified it throws it all into question

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As you can see clearly on this clearly not blurry image, Game and Watch has no outline and his nose is totally smaller.
I'd laugh at those who'd think this is real after this! All a bunch of bologna.

Untitled.png

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
We just went from "Oh the humanity! When will it end! Poor Mystic!" to "Where did Greninja's tongue go?".

I hope Smash 5 is more fun to play extensively than Smash 4 or I'll feel dumb for following the game's prerelease so closely.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
This whole leak is one no one is winning, even if/when it turns out to be real or fake. As so done on #TeamReal, this whole thing has become a warzone

But at least I'll be part of Smash history somewhat.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Its behind Nikita and the heavily compressed and pixelated image makes it hard to see.

This doesnt debunk the leak at all, its not clear enough.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
People usually joke about leaks that hang around feeling like an ace attorney case, but this actually feels like one. Except not even a fun one. I know I have no reason to get my hopes up whatsoever but if wednesday comes and goes with no announcement of a direct I might scream and die. Or die and scream. I'll be doing both for sure, order to be determined.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hi, I'm a proud member of Team Real-Tired-Of-Everyone-Trying-To-One-Up-Each-Other-With-Evidence-Supporting-Their-Believes-Regardless-Of-It's-Validity-And-People-Jumping-Between-Sides-Like-Fleas-On-A-Discount-Zoo.

I swear, regardless of the outcome, people are gonna have a tough time documenting all of this nonsense, specially at the rate it's going. I hope a Direct announcement drops ASAP because I don't want to spend another day witnessing this hyperactive discourse this entire community succumbed to.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm so glad we can now move past the Grinch leak and talk about other stuff.

What do you want in the direct that isn't Smash?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
This Grinch leak is like the cornucopia, if Nintendo doesn't do a direct we can found new subjects in it to debate on, everyday and forever lmao

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Honestly, I think this whole situation took a turn for the worse the moment that the MarioTehPlumber theory was created concerning his whole involvement in this.

That theory existing is just frightening
Just as frightening as a ravenous fanbase mobilizing against anyone they don't like. But that's obviously not real.

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom