• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersai

Smash Ace
"Revealed as one"

Chorus Kids is 3-4 characters, so I guess Chorus Kids are the Assist? Wouldn't surprise me, sucks for Rhythm heaven fans though.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Geno, Isaac and especially Banjo wouldn't be put into the game to be Assists.

The process of elimination makes it Mach Rider or Chorus Kids.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
If this ends up being fake I really hope that whoever made it comes out and shows us exactly how they pulled this off. I want to know every detail.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Are people really pestering others for information we’ll have a definite answer to in the next month? Can’t people wait? Speculation is nice and all, I even think it’s fun, but this is NOT speculation. Is it really that serious to know this info this instant? Really...cmon now.

Sweddy

Smash Rookie
If one character is an Assist, wouldn't be surprised if it's Chorus Kids or Mach Rider.

Come to think of it Mach Rider being playable on the motorcycle all the time might have proven troublesome for a playable character.
First-time poster here, but I agree with this, if one of the characters on the banner leak isn't a character, I'd place my bets on Chorus Kids and/or Mach Rider. Chorus Kids because of well, relevancy, and ditto for Mach Rider, but Mach Rider could get the pit treatment in Brawl...

A Mad Max-inspired, open world Mach Rider reboot?

Nah, I'm just pipe dreaming.

Shroob

Sup?
God, imagine this scenario:

We get a trailer for Isaac

We get a 'trailer' for Ken/Shadow echoes

Everyone starts thinking Grinch is 100% confirmed

"Now let's talk about some new Items and Assists"

How hard does everyone sweat profusely.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Why would you have a Assist Trophy in the mural? Also even from the leaked image Mr. Saturn has been the only Item in the Mural.

I'd be a bit dumbfounding if you'd advertise a character you can't even play.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
the only character mystic hasnt talked abt directly is mach rider.
I'm pretty sure it literally has to be him. We wouldn't get a Geno or Banjo assists most likely, and he's already talked about Chorus Kids, Isaac, and Ken I believe. That leaves Shadow and Mach Rider

Noipoi

Howdy!
First-time poster here, but I agree with this, if one of the characters on the banner leak isn't a character, I'd place my bets on Chorus Kids and/or Mach Rider. Chorus Kids because of well, relevancy, and ditto for Mach Rider, but Mach Rider could get the pit treatment in Brawl...

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!

LetterO

Smash Lord

It’s not Chorus Kids, Mystic has stated that Chorus Kids, Ken, and Isaac are the characters he is most certain on being playable.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Sakurai is well aware Isaac and Geno are popular requests, and of course Banjo would be a huge character to secure the rights to.

Mach Rider might just as well be an Assist, depends if the Chorus Kids were worked on from Smash U

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914

you ever play a game called super smash bros brawl

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why would you have a Assist Trophy in the mural? Also even from the leaked image Mr. Saturn has been the only Item in the Mural.
BECAUSE THE MURAL IS FAKE.

This isn't that hard to understand.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Someone posted this on here yesterday and I listened it like five times and now I have to listen it again, because otherwise I'd have auto-control.
Wait,,,,that was me! I’m glad you guys love this song, it’s really great! The guitar solo is just....amazing, and the fact that game boy audio could handle a real voice singing is amazing. I’ve been listening to it since yesterday haha.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If this ends up being fake I really hope that whoever made it comes out and shows us exactly how they pulled this off. I want to know every detail.
I don't. If they faked it then they'll have caused one of the biggest ****storms in this community and defamed an innocent man and besmirched the integrity of his employer

NineS

Smash Lord

Welcome to Smashboards!
Remember to do your duty as a Smash fan and support 2B!

Is it working? Did you fall for my jape? I'm not good at propaganda... Uh...

I'd play a Mach Rider Mad Max game, full price if it was real.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Bomberman wouldn't be put into the game just to be an Assist. He's far too major and iconic of a character for that kind of ro- Oh...
We already got Simon as the new Konami rep, we of course weren't going to get two all new Konami newcomers in the same game. Bomberman was an Assist for that reason, it was a consolation prize.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai is well aware Isaac and Geno are popular requests, and of course Banjo would be a huge character to secure the rights to.

Mach Rider might just as well be an Assist, depends if the Chorus Kids were worked on from Smash U
I imagine Sakurai was aware Waluigi was a popular request, too. Now, I'm not insulting Isaac and Geno but it's in the realm of possibility that they are ATs, considering Krystal and Bomberman are, too.

Tinarg

Smash Cadet
It’s not Chorus Kids, Mystic has stated that Chorus Kids, Ken, and Isaac are the characters he is most certain on being playable.
As much as I don't want to admit, Mach Rider being an assist kind of makes sense. There's no way he could have a sensible moveset that would realistically incorporate his bike.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The character that'd bother me least to become an AT on that list (of the 5 uniques anyways), would be Chorus Kids. Not that I have anything against them or them being playable, I've just never played Rhythm Heaven myself, and while I've played little Mach Rider in my time, I would be more curious to see how he/she would work out than Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I imagine Sakurai was aware Waluigi was a popular request, too. Now, I'm not insulting Isaac and Geno but it's in the realm of possibility that they are ATs, considering Krystal and Bomberman are, too.
The point is Geno is a long request who hasn't been an Assist, Isaac was absent, Banjo is a huge, huge character owned by a competitor.

Characters who have already been Assists always have the possibility of still being Assists as we see with Waluigi, etc. But characters who haven't ever been Assists or removed like Isaac wouldn't be brought back just to be Assists.

Last edited:

Sweddy

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smashboards!
Remember to do your duty as a Smash fan and support 2B!

Is it working? Did you fall for my jape? I'm not good at propaganda... Uh...

I'd play a Mach Rider Mad Max game, full price if it was real.

Gonna be real with ya chief, never played Nier: Automata, but I'll hope she gets in as DLC for you!

Also, yeah. an open-world Mach Rider game would be sick as hell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom