• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
This. Even if GameXplain doubted the leak, they ALSO denied the ESRB leak and made a crap ton of discussion videos and **** about it and got most likely got a bunch of money off that ad revenue, yet they only made two videos so far about the Grinch leak and refuse to bring it up in ANY discussions.
That's the thing. Gamexplain would do a discussion on this no matter what. Even if they spent an hour ripping it to shreds, they still would have made a video about it. Its very clear that they were told not to cover it.

I've been following their stuff for years and the lack of coverage on this whole topic is incredibly unlike them.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How are you guys gonna react if the leak is real

Especially team fake for this question
I... honestly don't know.

If it's true, I'd be happy for all of the fans of these high-requested characters, but for me... I don't get much.
If it's fake, I'd feel bad for some of the fans, but I may have a better chance of get one of my most wanted.

It's kind of hard to decide which I would prefer TBH.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This is insane. Seems like every damn day, there's something new going on with this leak. The amount of mental gymnastics going back-and-forth over it is honestly incredible.

Thing is, this is never going to end until the next Direct happens. And when that day comes, the community it going to explode.
And hopefully the right way too. It being fake will NOT be good for anyone

Untouch

Smash Master
Seeing as the banner has been a hot topic of discussion lately...

Are there any particular characters on the banner that you think look bad?
I think Little Mac looks off for some reason, and I really dislike the weird proportions they gave DK.
I think it's odd how Daisy is hit checking the air.

D

Deleted member

Hey y'all! Scott here What did I miss --

1000+ Viewing this thread @ 5PM.

...well.png

Okay, something MUST have went down while I was gone. All I remember after I left for work was pointing out PushDustin's hypocrisy, so I must've missed something amazing.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I’m thinking about something dumb... but has anybody tried to like... contact that place where the guy works at? Just to see?
How's the conversation gonna go?

"Hey you've never met me, but will you guys break NDA, burn professional bridges, ruin your reputation, and incite a lawsuit you can't win to lemme know if the video game thing is real?"

"**** yes we will bro, and **** yes it's real!"

D

Deleted member

We need to make half A presses to see the green pixel better.

But first, let’s talk about parallel universes and the murals visible on them:

The website has inside a version of each mural for each possibility. If the mural gets darker, a version of it is programmed, if it gets edgy, there’s one for that.

If we want to get to the parallel universe where the green pixel is shown better, we need to make exactly 10 half A presses starting from the latest blog updates buttom.

Just ignore TJ “Henry” Yoshi.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, I am not picking on the insiders, and this is no conspiracy. It was just a mere...thought. One I wanted to ask. No harm done, okay?
At best it's a dumb thought, and at worst it continues the narrative of insiders playing mind games with the fanbase. Please think a little before throwing out ideas; at the very least your ideas should have some foundation in reality or some evidence to back them up, especially in regards to Grinch leak speculation.
That's what they want you to think
I'm going to assume this is sarcasm for the sake of my own sanity.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
This green speck means nothing. If Isaac was originally on the banner all they would do is remove his layer by clicking a button. They didn't edit him out manually and leave traces.
I am saying that the speck was nothing, and that people thinking the speck was Isaac related are incorrect

How tf did my post of all posts get taken out of context

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Ad revenue ain't nothing compared to that Nintendo hush money!
Everyone assumes that its Nintendo PAYING them to keep quiet.
I think its more likely that their relationship with the company is on the line.

Their entire channel relies on having a good relationship with Nintendo in order to function. They get review codes, they get invitations to press events, they get interviews with devs, etc.
If Nintendo says "hey, don't cover this or we aren't going to have a good relationship anymore" then I think their hands are probably tied.

Its likely not a matter of money, but a matter of not getting blacklisted.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

View attachment 173078

Okay, something MUST have went down while I was gone. All I remember after I left for work was pointing out PushDustin's hypocrisy, so I must've missed something amazing.
People nitpicking JPEG artifact and how the website's mural work while going full tinfoil hat theory.

But hey, I'm not complaining, it kinda fun and I like that madness

CarbVan

Smash Rookie
I've seen some people "debunk" Papa Geno's theory that Sakurai rushed home from E3 to work on Banjo after he got the rights. It's completely possible he did this. The team could have been working on Banjo before they got permission, we've seen this in the gaming industry before. He could have been working on Bajo since 2015, we don't know. Just because he supposedly got the rights now doesn't debunk the theory.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

View attachment 173078

People thinking the banner on the website glitching out somehow confirmed Isaac. Despite it being explained a million times, there are people who refuse to listen.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
If GX knew for sure that it was fake I'd imagine they'd still be making discussion videos on it's validity. That's money sitting on the table and given the scarcity of content from their channel this week, as well as a delay in their weekly podcast, I'm led to believe there would be some from of repurcussions for talking about this at length.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
We need to male half A presses to see the green pixel better.

But first, let’s talk about parallel universes and the murals visible on them:

The website has inside a version of each mural for each possibility. If the mural gets darker, a version of it is programmed, if it gets edgy, there’s one for that.

If we want to get to the parallel universe where the green pixel is shown better, we need to make exactly 10 half A presses starting from the latest blog updates buttom.

Just ignore TJ “Henry” Yoshi.
builds up hype for 12 hours

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Seeing as the banner has been a hot topic of discussion lately...

Are there any particular characters on the banner that you think look bad?
I think Little Mac looks off for some reason, and I really dislike the weird proportions they gave DK.
My own main bothers me.

2018-10-28.png

His face looks off, mainly his cheek. Too pudgy.

D

Deleted member

It's hilarious to me that Chrom and Roy are listed together on that list.
How about how literally everyone on that list is in Ultimate now except Goku and Shadow (excluding Grinch leak)?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Before we get carried away here with "banner glitches" that no-one actually saw, alignment errors, a video getting deleted, GameXplain being weird and a crazy theory from papagenos papagenos , let's remember:

• We have proven that the whole thing would be very possible for a single individual to fake. See my post.
  • All the insiders outright saying it's fake or missing a character.
  • Neither of Eric's companies appearing to do anything Smash related.
  • Sakurai saying they were "slowing down reveals"
  • None of the Grinch renders being new as we had thought.
  • Eric himself being an at least 50 year old man who likely doesn't care about Smash or SnapChat (or at least wouldn't write "f* Nintendo lol" with laughing emojis and risk a career he's been building for a long time
  • The SnapChat name being so poorly covered up, almost intentionally, as the transparency would have to be upped on the brush tool
  • No reason for a promo company to produce a blank Battlefield background.
  • The Chad Ganondorf leaker saying that Ray from Custom Robo was cut when Nintendo lost the trademark for him quite a while ago when they could have easily renewed it
  • Snake's shadow
  • And finally, the inconsistencies between the E3 background and the one shown, as pointed out so skilfully by @vaanrose
Mind you, a lot of this evidence doesn't sound as airtight now as it did a few days ago, but I still think we should keep it in mind.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

View attachment 173078

There seems to be cut off/glitchy sections of the official mural where the Grinch characters would be. Some think confirmed, some think coincidence.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
At best it's a dumb thought, and at worst it continues the narrative of insiders playing mind games with the fanbase. Please think a little before throwing out ideas; at the very least your ideas should have some foundation in reality or some evidence to back them up, especially in regards to Grinch leak speculation.

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm for the sake of my own sanity.
You've been paid by Nintendo, admit it

LetterO

Smash Lord

View attachment 173078

The weird cuts on the banner have been connected to the newcomers. The September Isaac theory is seeming to be real, and I found out that the cut in the middle of Link's shield is where Banjo's render begins.

Graizen

Smash Champion
People nitpicking JPEG artifact and how the website's mural work while going full tinfoil hat theory.

But hey, I'm not complaining, it kinda fun and I like that madness
The cut in Little mac is not a theory.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That's the thing. Gamexplain would do a discussion on this no matter what. Even if they spent an hour ripping it to shreds, they still would have made a video about it. Its very clear that they were told not to cover it.

I've been following their stuff for years and the lack of coverage on this whole topic is incredibly unlike them.
My guess is that their reason to reach either conclusion is not something they'd be able to discuss in their usual format without certain complications arising

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I've seen some people "debunk" Papa Geno's theory that Sakurai rushed home from E3 to work on Banjo after he got the rights. It's completely possible he did this. The team could have been working on Banjo before they got permission, we've seen this in the gaming industry before. He could have been working on Bajo since 2015, we don't know. Just because he supposedly got the rights now doesn't debunk the theory.
THat's not how it works in the business world. That opens up all sorts of legal issues.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Everyone assumes that its Nintendo PAYING them to keep quiet.
I think its more likely that their relationship with the company is on the line.

Their entire channel relies on having a good relationship with Nintendo in order to function. They get review codes, they get invitations to press events, they get interviews with devs, etc.
If Nintendo says "hey, don't cover this or we aren't going to have a good relationship anymore" then I think their hands are probably tied.

Its likely not a matter of money, but a matter of not getting blacklisted.
Exactly, at most Nintendo is just like "This leak? dismiss it, treat it as fake"

I mean it is what makes the most sense, the less people believe the leak the bigger the impact of the surprise is, and that's the best thing for Nintendo.

The thing Gamexplain didnt consider is that being absolutely silent about the leak raises the most eyebrows, because it means that something was said internally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One reason I am so excited for a direct is the newcomers in it will either fame the Grinch leak even more, or put an end to the Grinch leak right away.

I want to know what will happen. I expect a Smash direct maybe in early November, I do not know.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I am saying that the speck was nothing, and that people thinking the speck was Isaac related are incorrect

How tf did my post of all posts get taken out of context
The only validity the ‘Isaac Speck’ has is if they used the wrong image for Little Mac’s panel, one with Isaac, and that’s why it has a green speck on it. Other then that it’s either compression or we’re losing our ****ing minds

D

Deleted member

Wow. So I missed an entire ****show, and you all NEVER INVITED ME?! Man, well I'll say this though.

If the theory of Isaac getting moved to somewhere else during the earthquake back in September is true, I'm really glad Nintendo took the extra mile for paying respects. **** Isaac, THAT right there is the only "confirmed" thing I could care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom