• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Castlevanis has such excellent newcomer potential. Soma Cruz, Alucard, Charolette, Jonathan Morris, Shanoa, and so much more.

Hell you could probably make a fighting game of Castlevania characters if you wanted to.
You could say the same thing about pokemon trainers... the issue here is that no one knows about them, not saying that they're bad or anything... just that relevency (yes the ballot counts) still does matter.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
What was this about a taken down video?
ACP PLV, the company where Eric Bricard currently works at (probably formerly at this point) had a customer introduction video or something that showed the insides of their work environment.

Team real used the video as evidence that it would be very difficult to construct an elaborate fake in that kind of environment without employers noticing.

And coincidentally, that video got taken down this morning. Not privatized, just taken down entirely, it's deleted.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Has someone mentioned this before?

https://twitter.com/Billybae10K/status/1056520326744629250

Another possible point for team real, and explains VERY well why GameXplain has not talked about the leak very much at all.
So, that seems like Nintendo was trying to stop the leak discussion video, and I'm really worried for papagenos' new video, if they catch wind of his new video being updated. And that's why Gamexplain went on record to call it fake in 2 mins video.

beans

Smash Lord
So question for team fake and team real.... What is the number one reason you believe the leak is fake or real? If you're in the middle, what's your number one reason for each?
Everything involved with this leak is the reason I believe (if this doesnt count, then just the autocad stuff, because I doubt someone would be able to use its own company resources to make a fake leak without being found out).
The yet unconfirmed ties of the second company however makes me not believe.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Did you know, despite Goemon being on a hiatus for a long time, just now Castlevania caught up with the number of games Goemon had. So it's really not any larger (I know you meant fan base). Still, no one can steal Goemon's thunder, he has his own unique thunder like no other. So yeah, they got a vampire hunter, great. Did this game ever got a flashy hot headed ninja form the edo era. Does ANY of those 70+ charcaters offer the chance of Japanese folk music, no.
Only Goemon can add that ;)
See. Goemon needs to be in so he and simon can do battle. They know each other from the rpg. Would be a good reunion.

D

Deleted member

ACP-PLV video on how it works got deleted another piece of proof for team real

And no spamming smash comments not a excuse could have just deleted the videos

And it was a Sunday and the video is not new it was 2 years old

And confirmed Bamco makes bait leaks so incineroar can potential be bait now.
Incineroar being bait makes so much sense. Sakurai loves his surprises, so imagine how much the ESRB leak must've hurt the guy. He really doesn't want Smash to be leaked this time around so he's making sure to reveal every character before release, so I wouldn't put it past him to agree with or even request Namco to do leak bait. Incineroar was always Vergeben's most uncertain claim given how he initially only said it was a new Pokemon not named Decidueye/Lycanroc/Mimikyu, so the initial disagreement among his sources could've just been Namco consolidating their leak bait into Incineroar after seeing Vergeben gain traction.

D

Deleted member

I got MvCI and I thought the gameplay was actually good. But everything else about the game was just super mediocre to me. The DLC lineup was pretty good (I didn't really like the Marvel side though, Venom/Black Panther was cool but Winter Soldier and Black Widow over Vision/Ant-Man/Scarlett Witch, etc?)

Unfortunately Capcom decided that they want to pretend the game doesn't exist, leaving the game with no support. Honestly after a bad launch and a bad DLC cycle and now no more support, I kinda want to forget the game exists too. Sad but true.
Pretty much what I think too. Behind a mediocre roster and presentation was maybe one of the best fighting games I've played in the last couple of years. I can only hope the rumors of an overhaul and re-release are true (rumors which just so happen to be perpetuated by Vergeben, funnily enough).

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Here's something.

Why don't people try to tell me their best guess for the next (smash) direct. The date, the time (include time zone), the intro "surprise", the outro "surprise", and the meat of the direct in the order you expect it.

If enough people guess someone's bound to get something right :denzel:
I really have a feeling of August 1st, but I feel like the rumors are pointing in the same direction* for the next one.

August 8, 10 am EST: Smash Direct. Intro is Mach Rider, Ken/Shadow, Isaac's revealed, secret mode is shown off, Geno is the final reveal.
August 15 6 pm, EST: Nintendo Direct. Chorus Kids revealed alongside a Rhythm Heaven game. Banjo & Kazooie are the final reveal, followed by an announcement for an N64 classic with Rare titles on the website.

*yes, it was intentional. no, I'm not proud of myself.

Wambo

Smash Ace
If this plays during his reveal trailer I will ****ing lose it.

And I've never even played SMRPG.
I love how Disney-like and lighthearted the second half of it is. If it played during his trailer instead of busting into some hard/fast remix like all the others immediately, I would absolutely love it.

Bonus points if Geno bonks his head on a staircase.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Incineroar being bait makes so much sense. Sakurai loves his surprises, so imagine how much the ESRB leak must've hurt the guy. He really doesn't want Smash to be leaked this time around so he's making sure to reveal every character before release, so I wouldn't put it past him to agree with or even request Namco to do leak bait. Incineroar was always Vergeben's most uncertain claim given how he initially only said it was a new Pokemon not named Decidueye/Lycanroc/Mimikyu, so the initial disagreement among his sources could've just been Namco consolidating their leak bait into Incineroar after seeing Vergeben gain traction.
Wait does this mean there IS a chance for Lycanroc if Incineroar is bait?

MainJPW

M.T.A
So, that seems like Nintendo was trying to stop the leak discussion video, and I'm really worried for papagenos' new video, if they catch wind of his new video being updated. And that's why Gamexplain went on record to call it fake in 2 mins video.
The Nintenja's are on the attack.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Everything involved with this leak is the reason I believe (if this doesnt count, then just the autocad stuff, because I doubt someone would be able to use its own company resources to make a fake leak without being found out).
The yet unconfirmed ties of the second company however makes me not believe.
I think it should be team probably, most likely real v team doesn't want the awesome cinematic trailers and hype spoiled for them and are trying to find minor nitpicks to make it seem more fake.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
What was this about a taken down video?
To add to what StarLight42 StarLight42 said, the video was on a YouTube page belonging to a French banking company. Seems weird that they would be suddenly concerned about a two-year old video on a weekend, when banks aren’t usually in service.

Also, they could have just disabled comments if they wanted people to stop commenting about Smash. This just makes them look more suspicious....

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I really hope PapaGeno’s video doesn’t get flagged, but if it does, then the Nintendo Ninjas are definitely up to something and might have just confirmed the leak.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
It's funny because it retroactively revived the music theory lol.

No Incineroar, skull kid, or BWD on the banner and they all have had music repeatedly. Echoes don't count and the 5 unique newcomers are obviously safe from it.
(I never gave the music theory credit and still wont but if we wanted to take things further...)
We have 6 weeks left, every unique newcomer has had a new song posted on a tuesday after their reveal. If the leak is real and we want to revive music theory, theoretically we would need to have tracks of Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Banjo Kazooie, Mario RPG, and Mach Rider on the website before release. That would take up about 5 weeks before release so that would mean we would expect a direct announcement either this week or next if we went by this (but i doubt this would be the case at all just theorizing).

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Has someone mentioned this before?

https://twitter.com/Billybae10K/status/1056520326744629250

Another possible point for team real, and explains VERY well why GameXplain has not talked about the leak very much at all.
I’m pretty sure it was commonly agreed at this point that the YouTube demonetization bot is random and hard to predict. That’s part of the reason so many YouTubers have been suffering and complaining lately. Suggesting that YouTube is suddenly in on all this after hosting so many videos both ways on this topic is just maaaaajor conspiracy territory at this point.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So let's hear some trailer ideas for the leaked characters.

I'll start with geno:

It's the Smash 64 opening with geno awakens playing and after the dolls are set up to fight on hyrule castle, one leaps off the shelf and joins the fight.

We see it's Geno with "Geno Whirls in" as the tagline.
Here's mine for my go-to character
It opens with a blank white Screen
Mr Game & Watch walks on screen and starts walking around.
Then he stops,
He hears faint music playing in the background
Game & Watch walks closer to the music...
He enters a room where the music reaches it's peak
We see that music class is going on between a lion cub conductor, and three Chorus Kids
They stop what they are doing, and the music stops
The lion cub turns back and the Chorus Kids walk forward
The conductor then swings his baton saying "Together Now"
The Chorus kids let out a scream
The Tagline appears
"Chorus Kids take the stage!"
Then game play footage is shown. With a rendition of the title theme from Rhythm Heaven DS playing in the background
The Smash Ultimate title screen appears With the superb theme from Rhythm Heaven Fever playing in the background
cut to a little scene where Chorus Kids and Kirby are opening their mouths together

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I really hope PapaGeno’s video doesn’t get flagged, but if it does, then the Nintendo Ninjas are definitely up to something and might have just confirmed the leak.
Honestly if a video without any use of any grinch images gets flagged for demonitization, then that would be proof

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So I noticed a strange logo/text in the original leak when playing with contrast levels, which appears to read as "REGARY" or "MEGAOX" or "MEGAOV", etc etc .. It also appears to be a part of a logo, with some lines sticking above it as if it was cockatieling.

See image below for reference. Side note, I found a handful of other items that appear strange, some that support the leak, and some that deny it. Note, I don't have a lot of time, so the illustration is a little rushed; I'm not familiar with GIMP, and don't have PS. Notes below in CCW order.

1. This is a snapchat story, not a message. Note the "11s ago". This does not show up on direct messages. Similarly, I find it suspicious that whoever viewed this story saw it within 11 seconds, and was so quick to take a snapshot..

2. ..especially considering this was a single-view story, as indexed by the timer at the top right. The screen-capper had to be quick.

3. I know Artsy Omni already went through the in-depth analysis of the background and areas that appear brushed, but I don't think he addresses how much darker these areas are than surroundings. The image below highlights the waterfall, crystal, and lava-flow in particular, with the outlined areas showing the boundary of darker "brushing". I'm sure there are more, but I'm short on time. (Don't mind the white scribbling, Paint was being fussy..)

4. The edges of the 2nd and 3rd bracelets don't match. It's pretty obvious if you zoom in, but this may be lighting? They don't appear to be alternating per the next observation.

5. The lower bracelet that is covered up appears to match when you tamper with contrast and leveling. The white strips at top line up, the yellow cloud, the blue sky, the red cloud, and smash emblem all jive.

6. The most interesting point for me. Notice that you can make out words in the red switch area covered by paper. I'm not sure if these is an imprint on paper, some sort of transparency underneath, or what. I was hoping one of you may be familiar, or are more capable of playing with light levels to figure this one out.

Thoughts?

https://i.imgur.com/PJe3msv.png

View attachment 172975

(Special thanks to @Billybae10K and u/ItWasRacoons , as I noticed the logo from watching Billy's latest vid)
I legitimately can't see the 11s on the top left despite maximum zoom. I have bad eyes though.

REGARY is your eyes playing tricks on you though. I can see an SW and H3 at the top of the picture, as well as several Ks I the right middle. I believe it's because we're trying to see patterns in a bunch of lines.

D

Deleted member

Makes me worried about PapaG. He said he’d have a video out last night and we haven’t heard from him.

Maybe the Nintendo Ninjas got him
Dude!
We agreed to call the ones going against leaks Nintendo Sentinels.
Stop calling them ninjas, because this time they are robots made by Trask to catch leaks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My DLC predictions if the Banner Fam(tm) is it for base:

- Incineroar
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Rex & Pyra
- Elma
- Black Shadow
- Octoling
- Lloyd Irving
- ARMS character, probably Spring Man
- Dixie Kong
- Skull Kid
- Rayman

(Ideally, R&P and Elma will share a trailer)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom