• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hackysacagawea

Smash Rookie
Quick thought popped into my head driving to work today and my bad if someone has already brought this up- are all classic themes remixed soley by SSBU’s composer with no help from said theme’s original composer? i.e. would Grant Kirkhope be aware of Banjo’s presence and included in the remixing of his original tunes? I think I remember some time ago seeing him tweet about him not knowing anything about it, although if he was involved this could easily have just been an NDA statement. Just some food for thought.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If for some unholy reason Goku happens I'm going to laugh my *** off as I have already ascended to a higher plane of reality where I've fully embraced the Smash Roster since Ridley
"we had all these characters planned but they were leaked so you're getting goku instead"

me: "best timeline"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Quick thought popped into my head driving to work today and my bad if someone has already brought this up- are all classic themes remixed soley by SSBU’s composer with no help from said theme’s original composer? i.e. would Grant Kirkhope be aware of Banjo’s presence and included in the remixing of his original tunes? I think I remember some time ago seeing him tweet about him not knowing anything about it, although if he was involved this could easily have just been an NDA statement. Just some food for thought.
I mean, he doesn't own the tracks, does he?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
C'mon guys, we all know Cory in the House is the only anime truly worthy of being in Smash.

:4pacman:

Nah in all honesty Goku would be weird for sure, but would probably be fun. I'd still personally prefer Nintendo stick to video games, though.
I'd personally prefer if Smash stayed with just video game characters & nintendo characters (ROB & Lucario).
In a perfect world those video game characters would also be Japanese developer owned.
But if the exception for Goku was ever made he has sooo many gaming credentials, I couldnt hold it against Sakurai for breaking that rule.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thinking about it. Incenroar being cut makes some sense.

Mewtwo the biggest Pokémon at the time of its inclusion failed to make it back for two games base rosters.
That just scrrams lower priority.

We also already have advertisement for the most recent game at the time of smashes release with Pikachu and Pokémon trainer.

I could easily see Sakurai make a decision to cut Incenroar if he had to cut someone and this is coming from a fan of it. Gen 8 has and always will make the most sense to be repped this smash in terms of DLC. It would likely make them more money.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
By this logic, we should also get a Tetris rep, a Grand Theft Auto rep, a PUBG rep, etc.

Sales =/= deserving. Half the roster wouldn't even be here if we're going by sales.
Obviously sales =/= deserving, but there's no denying that sales and notoriety have a correlation and are relevant when it comes to third parties.
Final Fantasy 135M
Sonic the Hedgehog 123M
Metal Gear 49.2M
Pac-Man 43.2M
Street Fighter 41M
Mega Man 32M
Castlevania 20M

Also, Tetris, Grand Theft Auto and PUBG reps have zero demand (and PUBG isn't even on Nintendo systems). Minecraft is the second best selling game of all time AND Steve has demand. If Tetris actually had a main character I guarantee you that character would have been included in Smash a long time ago. The fact that there's no Tetris stage is baffling. At least there's Tetris music.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If for some unholy reason Goku happens I'm going to laugh my *** off as I have already ascended to a higher plane of reality where I've fully embraced the Smash Roster since Ridley
If Goku EVER got in I wouldn’t even be mad. It’d be a hysterical and surreal experience

plus it gives dio a chance to get in hehe

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As far as I know, it’s all composers Sakurai chooses. Either Grant or David Wise mentioned how they wouldn’t be involved in the remixes but they’re talented enough to do a good job.

Grant isn’t buying this leak. Steve Mayles only said it’s a shame things get leaked when someone mentioned Banjo news, and said he wants to avoid it. A bit suspicious, as he’s brothers with Gregg Mayles, who actually still works at Rare. May mean nothing, but something I noticed.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
If Goku EVER got in I wouldn’t even be mad. It’d be a hysterical and surreal experience

plus it gives dio a chance to get in hehe
I woulda liked DIO in Tekken 7 actually because Heihachi was voiced by the man who voiced Joeseph Joestar in Stardust Crusaders... well until he passed away.. RIP

KMDP

Smash Legend
What about Rogue O- *immediately bombared by angry people who claim Star Wars is ruined because of the gender communists*
Star Wars wasn't ruined by Gender Communists.

Star Wars was ruined by Gender Communists who don't know how to write a good story.
:troll:

I haven't actually seen Rogue One, The Last Jedi or Solo, so I reserve judgement on them until I've actually seen them and can form my own opinion.

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
If there was ever to be an exception to that... Goku would be it.
That's like if Captain Falcon/Kirby/Marth/Sonic was going to be in a J-Stars game because they appeared in an anime. But in all seriousness, that would be a highly irregularity since he is and will always be an anime character first, game character second.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about it. Incenroar being cut makes some sense.

Mewtwo the biggest Pokémon at the time of its inclusion failed to make it back for two games base rosters.
That just scrrams lower priority.

We also already have advertisement for the most recent game at the time of smashes release with Pikachu and Pokémon trainer.

I could easily see Sakurai make a decision to cut Incenroar if he had to cut someone and this is coming from a fan of it. Gen 8 has and always will make the most sense to be repped this smash in terms of DLC. It would likely make them more money.
I could see Libre-Pikachu and Leaf being add as a consolation to Pokemon fans for no newcomer. I always thought Incineroar just felt really off as a roster choice, it doesn't surprise me to see him not being in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's also that. Sonic could and should do better but it's still in better shape than most of the 90s platforming franchises.
Yeah. If WWE can still go to Saudi Arbia despite massive controversy, and if Mario still can’t get laid after 30+ years of saving Peach, Sonic is perfectly fine
Absolutely Nothing
You say that as if it's a good thing nothing can kill him :/
You say that as if it’s bad for him to not die when his series still makes some good money despite having some major bads compared to his more major goods
I'm still waiting on that Luigi Poltergust footage.

I need to know if it's a tether now...Plus, I wanna see if they changed his FS.
They better not change his final smash

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
OMG Worms representation in any form would be hilarious.
Holy hand grenade or bust
Seriously Worms would fit you have a lot of move possible for this kind of character, You have CQC move with Baseball bat Karate move and Poke and long distance move with Bazooka, Sheep, Banana Bomb Cluster and or Strolling explosive Grandmother.

Ultimate Smash would be the Donkey statut or Holy Hand Grenade.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Star Wars was ruined by Gender Communists who don't know how to write a good story.

I haven't actually seen Rogue One, The Last Jedi or Solo, so I reserve judgement on them until I've actually seen them and can form my own opinion.
I personally think it was better than those two, but of course, what do I know?

Also, aren't Mario games are like that, too? You know Mario is going to rescue Peach, but the real story is how is he going to do it.

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
That's like if Captain Falcon/Kirby/Marth/Sonic was going to be in a J-Stars game because they appeared in an anime. But in all seriousness, that would be a highly irregularity since he is and will always be an anime character first, game character second.
Well captain falcon was meant to be in tatsunoko vs Capcom so......its not imposible
Anyway, Goku being in smash is blastfemy in my opinion

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

I was actually ok with the Star Wars movies til Last Jedi.. Rogue One was OK but it wasn't what i was originally advertized which is Private Ryan in StarWars.. After that... Let's not open the can of worms.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could see Libre-Pikachu and Leaf being add as a consolation to Pokemon fans for no newcomer. I always thought Incineroar just felt really off as a roster choice, it doesn't surprise me to see him not being in.
Before believing vergebin, I thought we would get no new Pokémon rep as Pokémon would be marketing three different generations throughout smash life cycle and thus they wouldn’t just choose the most recent one down the line.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
This has been extremely entertaining either way. As a smasher who already got who I wanted, I'm looking at this through fairly neutral eyes. Ideally, I want everyone to get who they want because I'm not the spiteful type. I WANT this to be real because this would be a crazy cool roster.

But I've been doing a bit of detective work and I'm not sure about a few things. Here's some food for thought...

-The actual picture of this leak is a red herring. Nothing is going to be proven about it one way or another within reason, but that's okay because the real info is in the alleged circumstances behind it.

-Both Marina and ACP-PLV are real companies with a history that stretches back at least a decade. You can use the Wayback Machine to see some of ACP-PLV's earlier websites, and they didn't actually put up a site until 2007: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.acp-plv.fr You can even see where they used to be and where they moved to more recently.

This building matches the picture on their website, but this was from 2013, when they were still at a different location:
https://www.google.fr/maps/place/AC...0x2256b63476ad2c21!8m2!3d48.425551!4d1.522273

The current site, with location photo at the top:
https://www.acp-plv.fr/

If you pan around in Google maps, you can see that this building is rather large, meaning this company is definitely doing well enough for itself that it can afford a building like this, and bag a high profile client like Nintendo/Bamco.

But here's where the issues come in: Eric Bricard is somewhat of a phantom. There's very little info about him. What's even more strange is that, although ACP-PLV must have at least 20-30 employees, Eric's newest LinkedIn profile is the only one actually associated with the company's autogenerated profile on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/acp-plv-atelier-création-production/

Yet he's definitely not the only employee:
https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/all/?keywords=acp-plv&origin=GLOBAL_SEARCH_HEADER

All of this could mean nothing at all, it could just be Eric haphazardly building a profile, but it's weird that there definitely are real ACP-PLV employees out there that either are associated with a different page for the company (which I might not be able to see for some reason) and have proper profiles whereas Eric doesn't even have a picture.

What I feel like would help is to get more confirmation from the company itself. From what I understand, we're going on the word of 1-2 people that Bricard actually works here, is that right?

And some brave/stupid Microsoft employee could hypothetically look up Bricard's Microsoft account and see when the recent LinkedIn page tying him to ACP was created, though be warned that this IS a fireable offense….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom