• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Or it could've been for the Inklings. The only characters before them that use handheld guns in Smash are the spacies, and that's solely for their neutral special and a couple grab follow-ups. Not like Inkling, who's walking around with it and using it for a big chunk of their moveset.

At least it showing decimal percentages now makes that verifiable.
Wasn't the gun that Sakurai got a bigger sniper rifle type gun or something?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Remember that Golden Sun's trademark was renewed 1-2 years earlier than needed, though this may mean nothing.

Anyway, I figured out all you need to do is mess with the brightness and contrast (derp), whether using Glow or whatever, so here's from the original leak:

hmmmmmmmm.png

You may need to zoom in on it, but you can see blue underneath the landmass, and some green on it; using the color-picker tool, I have found some blue, green, and brown colors that seem to be in areas where the colors are in the official banner from E3; this color thing doesn't seem to lineup with the smaller castle, though, as it appears to be mostly brown (still may be due to video artifacts).

Still doesn't explain that cloud that's by Luigi, though:

hmmmmmmmm3.png

I have no idea why, if this is fake, the guy missed that when it's literally on every version of the banner (aside from the Wendy's bus' banner because it's cut off :p )

also, ArtsyOmni pointed out to me that this cylinder:
Grinch Leak2.png

is actually a diagram, which is obvious in retrospect so I feel silly...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Something is definitely up with incineroar the more im hearing about stuff.

But I have no reason not to think he might simply be DLC or something and the banner is in fact base roster, not sure but something is odd with incineroar behind the scenes of this leak.

D

Deleted member

So do we know around when the Direct will be? I've seen a couple people throw around Nov. 8th, is that true?

D

Deleted member

I really, really, really don't want Spirits leaked, so yes please to that date. If they go any longer than the 9th, I'm gonna be floored and convinced they just do not care or think that anything will happen TBH. Which would be a mistake, because something will most assuredly happen the longer they wait into November.

...Speaking of which, holy crud how is it almost November? Time flies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

But I have no reason not to think he might simply be DLC or something and the banner is in fact base roster, not sure but something is odd with incineroar behind the scenes of this leak.
Incineroar being DLC is preposterous imo
Time to promote his gen is over, especially for DLC, you feel me?

Incineroar is kinda making or breaking this leak for me. I'm not sure how him being bait makes sense at this point and there's nothing else that's realistic to have Grinch be real and Incineroar be in base too.

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
Someone in the reddit thread is claiming that the tailgate thing is using the new build as well.
I think some people are confused by the fact that the wendy's thing most likely had people play on the E3/demo build, but then used b-roll from a newer version. The b-roll for example shows Richter, but you can see the CSS briefly at around 0:24 and it looks like the same roster.

Dan

Smash Lord
Damm Etika wasn't faking he actually had a mental breakdown and is in a mental hospital now.

I feel so bad for him his whole channel and source of income are now gone out of the window and now we probably won't see his reactions of the final characters.
If the leak is real, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about any of the characters except for Shadow; he had a window to comment on it before everything went down. I feel like PapaGenos is taking over in that regard; it would kind of be fitting for a guy who actually cares about the characters to have the moment, as opposed to someone who hates Mario, has probably never played Banjo, etc.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Hmmm... I'm assuming you've got more info from your source?

TVDart

Smash Apprentice

I wouldn't be surprised if Inconeroar is a carry over from an earlier expected date.

In a scenario where Sakurai expected to have the game done earlier than Winter 2018, there's a possibility Incineroar was going to be there to represent the newest games, Pokemon Sun/Moon.

In house, it may have been pushed back at some point, leading to Game Freak asking them to hold off, since Let's Go was going to end up releasing before it.

So, Incineroar is cut early into development, but still late enough for leakers to find out info.

Of course that's all conjecture, since we don't know anything about the state of Incineroar, but things like this happen in game development all the time. A new Pokemon could've simply been low priority for Sakurai, coupled with Game Freak telling him to hold off, and you have a recipe for a character to end up on the cutting room floor.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

oh boy

inb4 30 minutes of "muh blurriness" and "MUH INCENAROOAAAARRRR REEEEEEEEEE"
Yeah, I understand why insiders can't disclose their info (and harassing them is not right), but they should also understand "because I said so" is not... enough to believe them? Which many recognize, but some get really stubborn about it. And mixing in being a "credible insider" with BS speculation--yeah, they're allowed to speculate, but within the proper context, not the reason for believing them. If they don't give us any non-trivial info for why, all we can assume is they're making baseless projections ("a character is not here, so it's fake") rather than something more significant ("a character is there, who's actually not, so fake").

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Not necessarily preposterous. It's possible they couldn't finish him in time and decided to finish him after the game went gold.

Would that be more preposterous than a random French graphic designer leaking that half of the roster was unrevealed by now?

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Here in Eagleland, I can write my toy purchases off on my taxes if I claim them as work research. I have never been able to shake the feeling Sakurai is just doing that, lol.
Most people don't tweet about it while commiting tax fraud.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Is it weird to say that because of Incineroar being talked about and leaked about so much that I've grown to actually want him even though I've never even played his game?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Incineroar is kinda making or breaking this leak for me. I'm not sure how him being bait makes sense at this point and there's nothing else that's realistic to have Grinch be real and Incineroar be in base too.
See I hate the term bait. In this particular situation Incineroar shouldn't be classified as 'bait' if all the credible leakers/insiders KNOW of Incineroar being in the game.

I am not sure what to make of it, but all of this IS weird.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Welcome, and I appreciate the shoutout. Yes that mindset is a good one to hold.

Man it's such a weird feeling to have someone's first post mention me :yoshi:
Come on! At one point your name was even in the thread title. There is no surprise. You have made the imposible by bringing some notoriety to Boshi.

Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!
Yep, I know. Thanks for the welcome. I love the unique style of your art especially your avvy. I also liked the backstory behind your username. I would have never guessed.

Welcome to the boards! :grin:
Thanks! I appreciate the welcome.

Welcome, Hope you enjoy your stay...
Thanks. The hardest part will be to keep reading every single post but I really want to keep up with all the information.

D

Deleted member

Especially when one remembers the game's director saying things like "If you're expecting trailers all the way up until release, you're sorely mistaken" and "We still have a few more" before Isabelle.

8 characters is not a "few", so either he outright lied (which is a little too tinfoil for me to believe), or yeah, there's probably only like 3 or so left counting Echos at most.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet

Just finished your big thoughts video and I gotta say your coverage of the leak has been the most competent and comprehensive of anyone I've seen and I've been following the leak like a hawk. While watching I was like "Ok but will he mention this" and you mentioned it, and "Ok but will he talk about this" and lo and behold you did. Great coverage man, please keep it up.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Especially when one remembers the game's director saying things like "If you're expecting trailers all the way up until release, you're sorely mistaken" and "We still have a few more" before Isabelle.

8 characters is not a "few", so either he outright lied (which is a little too tinfoil for me to believe), or yeah, there's probably only like 3 or so left counting Echos at most.
I thought his "few more" comment was about Echos? I could have sworn that he said he had a few more to reveal after he was showing Chrom and all of them. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not necessarily preposterous. It's possible they couldn't finish him in time and decided to finish him after the game went gold.

Would that be more preposterous than a random French graphic designer leaking that half of the roster was unrevealed by now?
When they can't finish a character in time in the past they aren't in the game; no examples of an unfinished character being "saved" for DLC from what I understand.

Entirely different situations, I think you know that.

Untouch

Smash Master
BRBwY[1].jpg

The demo they were using on the PGW Nintendo stream does not have Ridley's updated character icon.
:psycho:
I wonder if any of the mechanics have changed then, or if they just changed the smoke effect and some saturation stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
ou're famous.

You're an iconic member to all the guests.
I need to work harder to achieve that status!
I need to get crazier. More outspoken! Disregard any and all dignity I have!

but also follow the rules and guidelines as I do. i'm not that crazy.
About Zinith Zinith .

My first encounter with him was after E3, and the first things I saw him say was complaining repeatedly about Luigi and Yoshi being left for last in the "Everyone is Here!" trailer. Needless to say, this left a bad first impression.

At first I thought his Yoshi love was annoying, but over time it became normal to me, and by a few weeks later it had become endearing.

Zinith helping me with my last supporter count just warmed him to me even more.

Shine on, you Crazy Dinosaur!

There's one explanation for Incineroar DLC.

A tie-in to the anime.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm using the transcript someone made for 3 to play it early, I just finished the Crossbell games not too long ago as well.
Cool!

I imported Zero and Ao a while back; Ao is one of my favorites in the entire series. I'm tempted to play Cold Steel 3, but I'm replaying older games in the series to fill the void (and recap some of the lore) and hoping that the game makes it to the US before something far like 2021 lol. I just like the English voices in Cold Steel I guess. Particularly Rean's; his voice actor is down to earth and a total nerd and I love it.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

This JUST popped up on Nintendo's Japanese Youtube
This is NOT a direct, google translate says it is "Super Smash Brawl Smash Brothers SPECIAL Premium Fight Tokyo Competition Elementary School Children Organization (First Round ~ Quarterfinals) "

Odd how they're having this at the same time as the Nintendo Live event.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Is it weird to say that because of Incineroar being talked about and leaked about so much that I've grown to actually want him even though I've never even played his game?
No; I feel like the same thing happened with the Chorus Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom