• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yo- about people asking or searching for a Nintendo France.
Of course there is one, They're even currently at the Paris Games Week right now, and as far as I know, they manage the marketing for their games all by themselves...Doesn't mean they doesn't work with another company though. I even showed an interview with Philippe Lavoué who implies that.
Would be funny if someone from Nintendo France leaked it but printed out a bunch of Grinch **** and blamed it on someone else in a different company to cover his tracks. I HEAVILY doubt it, but it’d be hilarious if this man was playing 7D chess.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So Vergeben is now claiming Incineroar will be DLC. What strikes me as interesting is his wording, in that he wasn't actively denying the Grinch leak. His previous posts were just this leak not being what his sources told him, which is a much more fair approach than "Trust me guys, it's fake."
Verge never specifically said Incineroar would be DLC.

Regardless, even though I'm not sure whether or not Verge is starting to hear things that could make him doubt his sources, I do know that every absent character can't be explained by "Oh, they're probably just DLC." Someone here is wrong, and I have a feeling it'll come down to Incineroar vs the Grinch Leak.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm like fifteen pages behind and I'm having a good time reading the Mach Rider discourse and my take is that girls are cool and Kamen Riders are cool and 80s anime biker aesthetics are cool so going with the girl 80s biker based on Kamen Rider would make Ultimate the coolest game ever created

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Yada Yada Verge and Banner can both be right Blah Blah so can the guy who keeps hinting Sora... Anyone else having deja vu?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sure he has been a bit irrelevant or ****tily written lately but if that's an argument against someone's inclusion, then Shadow DEFINITELY shouldn't even be in the discussion based on Shadow and 06 lmao. He was arguably the best written character in Forces though but that's beside the point.
Shadow himself did seem a bit irrelevant and outright absent during the Unleashed to Lost World time gap where he was only in 2 games and Tails was in every single one, plus he was more relevant in Generations than Shadow.

Shadow is playable via DLC but Tails has all that Mania stuff with Mania/Plus (which ended up getting more support from Sega than Forces) and Mania Adventures. I don't know if that makes them neck and neck? But there's that to consider.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
On my crappy phone so forgive me if this has already been posted, but I spotted the mythical Grinch-facing-the-other-way image in the wild today and thought of my fellow Smash sleuths. Thoughts?

Attachments

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Verge never specifically said Incineroar would be DLC.

Regardless, even though I'm not sure whether or not Verge is starting to hear things that could make him doubt his sources, I do know that every absent character can't be explained by "Oh, they're probably just DLC." Someone here is wrong, and I have a feeling it'll come down to Incineroar vs the Grinch Leak.
Funny how the fate of this game down to a Heel Wrestler facing a Babyface leak

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Why?? I don't understand this. We already have Captain Falcon. I get if a character can only get in as a clone, but I would never actively wish for a clone of a character, especially when they already look kind of similar. Why wouldn't you want more unique move sets? It just brings more variety. (Genuinely asking, not mocking. I don't see how you can want that, so I want to know your reasons, and maybe I'll understand better.
Also to build on this, we've never gotten a retro rep that was just an echo/clone of another character. Plus I'm pretty sure cross-series echoes aren't a thing anymore.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Say it with me: Debunkers are grasping at straws ;v
Not really. Maybe one or two people are saying it's easy, but most of the "debunkers" are saying "It CAN be done if someone is skilled and has time."

Let's stop demonizing the opposite side, this is just as bad as modern politics, and we don't need this kind of "us vs them" thinking. We're trying not to just let ourselves believe this and get disappointed if it's not real.

If us "TeamFakes" are wrong: Most of us will be happy, because this is a lot more characters than expected.

If the "TeamReals" are wrong: They will be very upset and bummed out.

Being skeptical is the better choice. But I agree that saying "Anyone can do it so it's fake" is not solid proof against it.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Sooo Verge never said that did he? I can’t find any sources of that and it’s probably just clickbait from that website

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I'm like fifteen pages behind and I'm having a good time reading the Mach Rider discourse and my take is that girls are cool and Kamen Riders are cool and 80s anime biker aesthetics are cool so going with the girl 80s biker based on Kamen Rider would make Ultimate the coolest game ever created
That's pretty cool, ngl.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys! I just got back from visiting the baby bird I adopted at the store and---

Tfw you realize Pyra Pyra was semi-right about a date in their signature revealing information for the second time in a row

View attachment 172299

I'm onto you, pal.
Pyra Pyra is the leaker Confirmed
It's obvious to me that Pyra Pyra has an approximate knowledge of all things Smash.

I uh
I have no idea what you're talking about

Boy it sure is hot in here

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
Just because Tails' character has been ruined by Lost World and Forces, that doesn't mean he hasn't been a very important character in Sonic history. He's been the sidekick since Sonic 2 - essentially THE Sonic player 2, the Sonic Luigi. I'd love for Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, AND Shadow to all be in smash but obviously that's not going to happen.

Sure he has been a bit irrelevant or ****tily written lately but if that's an argument against someone's inclusion, then Shadow DEFINITELY shouldn't even be in the discussion based on Shadow and 06 lmao. He was arguably the best written character in Forces though but that's beside the point.

There should be no animosity between Tails and Shadow fans. We may have our preferences as to who's our favorite or who we want FIRST, but ultimately our goal should be to get more Sonic representation in Smash and help each other out. Dividing up only leads to a Legend of Zelda fanbase situation where they can't agree on who to support, so they'll likely get no one. Sorry Skull Kid and Impa fans but unite and pray for DLC is all I can say.
Totally agree. From what I've seen of the Smash community over the last decade or so, people would be clamoring for there to be 5-6 Sonic characters minimum given the opportunity. I don't think it's fair to say "this one should be in over this one cause relevancy." Cause in the end, relevancy doesn't and never mattered for picking Smash characters. Even back in Melee people would leak Sonic WITH Tails!

That being said, I'd love having both of them. Depending on which Tails design they use (I love his classic look to death and back), he'd probably be one of my favorites to play. Shadow is a fun character and a perfect addition to the playable Sonic crew in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

So Vergeben is now claiming Incineroar will be DLC. What strikes me as interesting is his wording, in that he wasn't actively denying the Grinch leak. His previous posts were just this leak not being what his sources told him, which is a much more fair approach than "Trust me guys, it's fake."
Wow! What a surprise....:rolleyes:
I hope you people learn to stop giving this idiot any attention. It's just like with DBFZ.

"Radditz and Zarbon are base game!"
"Radditz are Zarbon are DLC!!"
And how he's saying they're gonna be S2 alongside SS4 Goku and Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren. Dude's full of ****. Stop giving him what he wants.

As an aside, I heard that the Grinch renders from the Eric Snapchat have been confirmed legit on the official Grinch Twitter, can someone verify? I heard they were recently revealed for the first time. If so, that's another plus for the Grinch leak.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah even as an active #TeamReal supporter, I would certainly not say Team Fake is grasping at any straws. Maybe like, one or two on certain very specific subjects of the leak, but for the most part both sides have valid points in their favor. It's been said several dozen times now but this isn't going to get completely proven or debunked until we get a direct/a character and see their banner art.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shadow himself did seem a bit irrelevant and outright absent during the Unleashed to Lost World time gap where he was only in 2 games and Tails was in every single one, plus he was more relevant in Generations than Shadow.

Shadow is playable via DLC but Tails has all that Mania stuff with Mania/Plus (which ended up getting more support from Sega than Forces) and Mania Adventures. I don't know if that makes them neck and neck? But there's that to consider.
Comparing their relevancy is kinda pointless in the context of Smash Ultimate, K.Rool got in over Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
Have snapchat, can confirm you can change your name.
Why would you cross out the name if your goal was to frame someone anyway? Whether it's fake or real, the name being crossed out makes me think it wasn't someone trying to frame someone else. It was either the leaker trying to make the leak more elaborate by crossing out the name of a random person they found to be loosely associated with Namco...

Or it's real and the person who leaked it and hastily tried to hide their identity and get it out quick while no one else was in the room.

If it's real AND a frame job why would the person also cross out the name?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hum...Okay, a bit of news development on the Insider side

Ryce, someone that the administrator of ResetEra, Steve and basically other insiders backed up claimed this

Source

None of that matters to me. The Grinch roster has practically nothing in common with the roster that I was shown a few months ago by someone I consider very trustworthy, and that's why I'm calling bull**** on it. You're free to believe what you want, but please remember in a few weeks that some of us tried to warn you.
SEE? It seems that ALL of these insiders literally seems to implies that they have VISUAL proof for this roster.
Help.
I'm becoming crazy.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I hope you people learn to stop giving this idiot any attention. It's just like with DBFZ.

And how he's saying they're gonna be S2 alongside SS4 Goku and Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren. Dude's full of ****. Stop giving him what he wants.

As an aside, I heard that the Grinch renders from the Eric Snapchat have been confirmed legit on the official Grinch Twitter, can someone verify? I heard they were recently revealed for the first time. If so, that's another plus for the Grinch leak.
He never claimed that at all and the article doesn't even give any sources. It's spin/clickbait of the highest order.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
If It’s fake, I can imagine Sakurai Who only has 2 more characters to reveal, reading about it and shouting ”WHAT THE F-” at his screen

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace

Ryce, someone that the administrator of ResetEra, Steve and basically other insiders backed up claimed this

Source

SEE? It seems that ALL of these insiders literally seems to implies that they have VISUAL proof for this roster.
Help.
I'm becoming crazy.
That’s kinda scary he says practically nothing, does that mean no Banjo (kinda expected), Isaac, or Geno?!! That’s a worst case scenario.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

Source

Help.
I'm becoming crazy.
What if.... insiders got old info... ?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

You can't be serious

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Source

Help.
I'm becoming crazy.
"Nothing in common"

So was the Ken leak a fake? :troll:

I really doubt these "sources" have the full roster but eh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom