• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
CAN I AT LEAST ASK Y'ALL SOMETHING, THOUGH?

If I pre-order Smash Ultimate on Amazon, will I get the game delivered to me on December 7th?
Yeah, you should get it. If I were you, I would check the website at least once-in-a-while to make sure the order is going through.

I'll pre-order the game soon too, but in less than 3 weeks.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I remember when I first watched The Grinch as a kid. Him leaking a game that wouldn't come out for years and years was definitely one hell of a plot twist. Dr. Seuss knew his ****.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Whether The Game Awards theory turns out to be true or not Sora makes a lot of sense as a DLC pick eventually.

I think Master Chief and Crash could also work to be a hype-generating third parties like Sora. Albeit I think Master Chief has a fairly low chance.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Then where did this version come from?

Someone superimposed the very low resolution screen of the leaf we had on top of a golden sun item graphic. It's not like that at all lol, it's even missing half of the item because by then we didn't have the full clear shot of it

Chrono.

CAN I AT LEAST ASK Y'ALL SOMETHING, THOUGH?

If I pre-order Smash Ultimate on Amazon, will I get the game delivered to me on December 7th?
Maybe if you go with Prime. But that's not definite.

I pre ordered Mario Odyssey really early and when the game came out my copy didn't deliver until almost a month later.

Digital is the safest option if you wanna play it day 1.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Right now, I think the big question that should be asked is if the Grass item has been seen or if it's totally MIA. Now, one one hand, Grass is taken from SMB2, so I can see why it's a stretch to assume that's the sprout's new purpose (especially given the bubble), but I think it's worth considering since lifting a sprout by itself doesn't make much sense. It functionally should NEED to be pulled.

Could mean it's a growth ladder (note ladder attacks exist now) but could be a rework or alternate of grass. Grass is, notably, one of the many "capsule" related items as I found out while playing with items on the Wii U version, and Crates/Barrels sometimes spawn alternate designs.
I'd also add that the possibility of being another healing item with sprout imagery. It could possibly be a personal Healing Field that works like Franklin's Badge of Screw Attack.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I guess my counter point would be MAYBE they were hired to do that and they do have consent from nintendo, nintendo may have even sent them a clean image so they can reposition as they need to.

For instance Yoshi disappeared from the games box art when the ESRB logo came out so whoevers making THAT may have had the individual files for all the characters and the background of the box art etc... and altered it for the ESRB logo. I just think its a completely possible scenario from a graphic design/printing promotional material company to be given all that stuff and the ability to alter it in order to MAKE good looking material.

it also might be some kind of wrap for something else and not a wrist band but i have no idea of that for sure ive just heard people speculate what it could be.
It's not a wrist band, most likely. Many people have pointed out, Spawn Wave included, is that it's likely a panoramic circular hanger it goes around. Which is why I don't think the micro-details matter if it's seen from a distance. For all we know, subtracting detail may have saved them 5 cents off the printing or some weird reason we're not privy to. I do find it striking that many of the macro-details that change with the leak are behind the characters. However, some aren't, and so it doesn't make sense for someone to put in that much detail and screw up the stuff he could see. Neither is conclusive, though, and I feel like if there had been a macro-detail hidden by the characters that the "faker" wouldn't be able to see, that would make the Real side much more conclusive.

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I am personally indifferent if the leak is real or not. I have my main in Richter Belmont, who is linked to one of my favorite games of all time (SotN).

However, what interests me is the sources that some content creators or leakers have that support this leak or have contrasting views. For example, PapaGenos has a source that backs the inclusion of Banjo and Kazooie directly while also supporting the existence of everyone else leaked in this image. However, Vergebens sources are conflicting with this leak and still believe Incineroar will be in the game. (Just using these two as an example, as there are many others that create video content regarding leaked aspects of the game)

Without a doubt, there are some out there that have bad sources who may have been fed fake leaks or is purposefully giving out false info. That's what is the most humorous because at the end of the day, someones credibility is going to be shot.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Whether The Game Awards theory turns out to be true or not Sora makes a lot of sense as a DLC pick eventually.

I think Master Chief and Crash could also work to be a hype-generating third parties like Sora. Albeit I think Master Chief has a fairly low chance.
cries in Spartan-II

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Golden Sun barely has bubbles in it's imagery at all. Please don't screenshot the event at Kolima Forest, that's literally just one part of the game. EDIT: Whooops that wasn't directed at you sorry! I'm agreeing with what you said

I'd be more inclined it's a stone or something instead of a bubble, but really, not much to do with Golden Sun either because their stones are either purple or blue and very opaque
Have you seen Growth cast in the overworld? You literally fling green bubbles at the ground and make plants.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
We’re getting very tense and eager for official news/announcements/confirmations of this so let’s play a game.

Of all the 7 leaked fighters:
•Banjo-Kazooie
•Isaac
•Geno
•Shadow
•Chorus Kids
•Mach Rider
•Ken
Who will you (possibly) main?
Possibly, Shadow because I already main Sonic, and if he's an echo, I got my work cut out for me already. Don't mind dual-maining Sonic and Shadow. If he's his own FULL character down to every last move, I might try him out, but I don't think I'd main him.

Isaac would be my second pick, but far from a main. I LOVE the fact that he's in... well, if he's in. But I love :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultsimon::ultcloud:and even:ultpokemontrainer: more. He'd actually be tied with :ultpit::ultdarkpit:, and I'd stick with the gameplay style I like more. I might even put him above :ultpokemontrainer: if I'm REALLY convinced of his moveset.

And Mach Rider would be my 3rd pick. (S)he's a complete mistery to me, but would be the 3rd character I'd try out as soon as I get my hands on the game.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I'm a bit bored so I'll expand on drag0nscythe drag0nscythe 's idea. List your top 5 favorite and least favorite characters in SSBU. Explanations are fine, but not needed.

Favorite: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultsonic:

Least Favorite: :ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwario: (this all could change)

What about you?
(Obviously this could change in the future depending on who is announced)

Favorite: :ultkrool::ultryu::ultike::ultkingdedede::ultfalcon:

Least Favorite: :ultwiifittrainer::ultolimar::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultpalutena:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Uh, I'm a bit bored so I'll expand on drag0nscythe drag0nscythe 's idea. List your top 5 favorite and least favorite characters in SSBU. Explanations are fine, but not needed.

Favorite: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultsonic:

Least Favorite: :ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwario: (this all could change)

What about you?
Favorite: :ultwario::ultisabelle::ultdoc::ultyounglink::ultganondorf:

Least favorite: :ultolimar::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultdarkpit::ultsheik:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
It's not a wrist band, most likely. Many people have pointed out, Spawn Wave included, is that it's likely a panoramic circular hanger it goes around. Which is why I don't think the micro-details matter if it's seen from a distance. For all we know, subtracting detail may have saved them 5 cents off the printing or some weird reason we're not privy too. I do find it striking that many of the macro-details that change with the leak are behind the characters. However, some aren't, and so it doesn't make sense for someone to put in that much detail and screw up the stuff he could see. Neither is conclusive, though, and I feel like if there had been a macro-detail hidden by the characters that the "faker" wouldn't be able to see, that would make the Real side much more conclusive.
That's the thing, there is a wristband too. Those panoramic lanterns or whatever don't have cut marks nor pointy ends that go into them.

Sem título.png

unless that bar on top is something else entirely, this is a wristband of some sort

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Favorite : :ultfox::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultisabelle:

Least Favorite: :ultolimar::ultsamus::ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultjigglypuff:

My least favorites are the characters I hate playing as the most.

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
I'm going to be honest, the altered background is the smoking gun for me.

I can't believe its real with that type of error.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Also the sprout for the item frequency is a flower blossoming, the leaves are supposed to be pink or different coloured petals. The item in this case has green leaves, not petals.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Have you seen Growth cast in the overworld? You literally fling green bubbles at the ground and make plants.
I wouldn't call those bubbles, they're the magic effect that come with most of the magic things in the game. You'd say that the Venus Djinns dissolve into bubbles too? Because that's never how I saw it, just very plain magic energy effects

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Wait what's this about with Etika?
Hoping for the recent news to be real at least in some sense. I'm certain that even if it is fake (it would be extremely elaborate to fake though) that at least a good 4 or 5 of those characters are definitely in regardless.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New game if true how do you guys think the newcomers will be in order? Personally I believe.

69: Incineroar (The missing character)
70: Mach Rider
71: Chorus Kids
72: Isaac
73: Geno
74: Banjo-Kazooie
38e: Shadow
60e: Ken

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

EDIT: I just realized that someone photoshopped the sprout from Smash over the old one for comparison purposes. Oops,
Original:

Back to what I was saying about out-of-contest false images getting reposted and giving people the wrong idea. Obviously if they were as similar as that photoshop there wouldn't even be a debate right now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That's the thing, there is a wristband too. Those panoramic lanterns or whatever don't have cut marks nor pointy ends that go into them.

View attachment 172195

unless that bar on top is something else entirely, this is a wristband of some sort
That's not what I was referring to (and maybe papagenos papagenos was referring to that, so apologies if I misinterpreted), I was referring to the background without the characters on it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

EDIT: I just realized that someone photoshopped the sprout from Smash over the old one for comparison purposes. Oops,
I have no idea if its from golden sun or not but the bubble was probly added just so the item is easier to see.

this game is on the portable switch so a thin small object would get lost a bit without something like that, again no clue if its from golden sun or not but it certainly could be.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Oh we are doing favorite characters?

Favorite: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmario::ultcloud::ultcorrin:
Least: :ultlittlemac::ultolimar::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultfalco:

For least it's simply that I don't like their playstyles or their Brawl and forward one in the case of Falco. I miss my Pillar Combos :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom