• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
But anyways, I kinda see them making a 'full' reveal for Smash at E3 for the biggest wow-factor and such, but then again that would leave a very short promotion period for such a huge title (and Smash is a amazing promotion game). When do we think the'll show more?
I can see them officially revealing gameplay and several newcomers at E3, then sprinkling new info throughout summer and fall.

For Pokémon, Sakurai doesn’t have as much freedom because he’s dealing with Game Freak/The Pokémon Company. They, as a company, have their own agenda with what they want out there. More people seeing their character equates to more exposure.
If I remember correctly, didn't Sakurai say something about Game Freak not really restricting which Pokemon characters he could add? From what I gathered, Game Freak was there to help Sakurai if he needed it, but they trusted him with his choices (or just didn't care about Smash at all). They must have had at least a little faith in him if Sakurai created Greninja's moveset by himself.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
This topic makes me wonder who the next Donkey Kong character would be.

Dixie has a lot of historical value, and I think plenty to work with moveset-wise, plus she was a big part of Tropical Freeze promotion. However, her abilities in TF are more-or-less an alternative to Diddy, so other characters might be even more interesting.

Funky Kong is the big new thing in the Tropical Freeze port for Switch, and it looks like he has a lot of his own unique abilities to boot. He could be a really fun Smash character.

And then, there’s K. Rool. With his appearances and abilities as a villain, he’d be incredibly fun and unique. He hasn’t appeared in a main game recently, but if he did well in popularity polls, that might still be okay!

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I don't think Funky is nearly as likely as Dixie, just for the fact she's been a playable character for a long time now, and in as many of the DKC games than DK himself. K. Rool is also possible, maybe even likely, but I think the fact that he hasn't been in a game for a decade (Super Sluggers, which Dixie and Funky were also in) puts him at a bit lower of a likelihood than Dixie.

I have no idea about Funky Kong or how important Nintendo and Sakurai view him as. He got into MKWii so I suppose that's something. I'd probably guess he's the most popular of them outside of Smash circles, so I'm not sure how much that also effects his chances.

Personally, I'd like to see K. Rool and Dixie the most. I like Funky as much as anyone else, but I don't think he'd be as interesting in Smash or as fitting as the former two.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Dixie has a lot of historical value, and I think plenty to work with moveset-wise, plus she was a big part of Tropical Freeze promotion. However, her abilities in TF are more-or-less an alternative to Diddy, so other characters might be even more interesting.

Funky Kong is the big new thing in the Tropical Freeze port for Switch, and it looks like he has a lot of his own unique abilities to boot. He could be a really fun Smash character.

And then, there’s K. Rool. With his appearances and abilities as a villain, he’d be incredibly fun and unique. He hasn’t appeared in a main game recently, but if he did well in popularity polls, that might still be okay!
My guess is Dixie Kong. Was considered for a duo-character with Diddy Kong back in Brawl, and would be able to use Diddy Kong's model/skeleton as a reference to work off of. Granted, this doesn't mean that I think she'd be a clone, as she has enough to her to make a unique moveset out of. At most, she'd be like Wolf, where she'd share some animations and/or a couple of moves with Diddy Kong, but is otherwise an original character.

King K. Rool would have a better shot of making it in if he were to appear in the next DK game, but otherwise, I think his popularity and performance in the ballot would suffice to make him at least be considered. I can Dixie Kong making it onto the base roster, and King K. Rool making it in as DLC, or perhaps a secret base roster character, who knows?

I don't see Funky Kong or Cranky Kong making it in, personally. Maybe Assist Trophies?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'm gonna have to see who the next newcomer is before I can get a better feel for who's most likely.

From my perspective, Dixie has the best chance. She made a big return in Tropical Freeze, and she has just as much historical significance as K. Rool.

From someone who isn't entirely sold on the idea of Sakurai solely using the ballot to add newcomers, I'm unsure of K. Rool's odds. I think his long absence from the series is more harmful to his chances than we think. If he had appeared in Tropical Freeze, I would've said he was a shoe-in.

Funky seems the least likely IMO. The Tropical Freeze port is coming out so late in Smash's development that Sakurai may have already settled for someone else (Dixie, Cranky, K. Rool). Even if Sakurai didn't choose a DK newcomer by now, I'm skeptical of whether or not Sakurai would deem Funky worthy enough of being a rushed last-minute addition.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Man! I really want a Free for All All Star mode/Rotation Mode! Where you can choose different characters per stock/life lost

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, betting time. I predict 17 newcomers at launch, these ones:

1. Inkling (duh)
2. Captain Toad with no jumping mechanic
3. Dixie Kong
4. King K. Rool, a tank character similar to Bowser but with projectiles
5. Ridley with new monster character mechanic, he's twice as big as Bowser, can grab two characters at once, but cannot grab small characters like Pikachu and Kirby
6. Ganon in pig form as the second monster sized character. Has a Link to the Past design
7. Spring Man, long range physical attacker, maybe a Ribbon Girl alt
8. Rex & Pyra, they have the affinity mechanic from Xenoblade 2, Pyra is on stage but you don't actually play with her. Can swap to Mythra
9. Chorus Kids, they are a trio, probably will be announced soon since I guess they were already playable in Smash 4 like Ice Climbers and were cut because 3DS sucks
10. Takamaru will be the retro pick this time around, possibly tying in to a possible reboot of his franchise.
11. Wonder Red since I expect Wonderful 101 to be ported and get a huge push as a franchise by Nintendo
12. If Gen 8 is revealed this year, a gen 8 Pokémon, if not, Mimikyu (Decidueye ain't happening imho)
13. Bomberman
14. Crash Bandicoot
15. Yoshimitsu as kind of a WTF rep, also represents both Soul Calibur and Tekken
16. Solaire of Astora
17. Travis Touchdown

First time in my life which I think my prediction for a Smash game will be like 10% right at best lol, but cannot think of any other better rep. Last time I predicted almost every newcomer for Smash Bros. really

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We need more cats in Smash :troll:
Yes we do.

I am serious. Wandering Heroes could be very unique as a King of Fighters style character.

What is a King of Fighters style character? In King of Fighters games, you select a team of three characters. In Marvel vs Capcom games, you have a team of three characters and you can switch between them during a match.

In Find Mii I & II, you can get up to 10 random color Wandering Heroes and you can switch between them during a battle. The one in front gets sent to the back of the line and the next one moves to the front. In Smash, Wandering Heroes would always come in a randomized queue of three.

Randomized queue? Yes, unlike other characters on the roster you don’t select Wandering Hero’s recolors. It’s always randomized but you will get a chance to play as all the recolors in a single match. The reason for this is because shirt colors are so important since the shirt color determines what type of magic Wandering Hero can do.

B: Color Magic
No matter what color your shirt is, the controls are always the same. You hold the B button and the hero holds up the sword to cast a spell. The type of magic your hero casts depends on the shirt color.

Side+B: Mii Force
No matter what color your shirt is, the controls are always the same. You do Side+B and the hero shoots a projectile from the sword. The type of projectile your hero shoots depends on the shirt color.

Up+B: Vial of Valor
The hero uses a potion to gain magic powers. The hero can fly! But for a couple seconds. Make it count!

Down+B: Next Hero
Your current hero goes back in back of the line. The next hero moves to the front and you play as that one. The main purpose of this move is to change shirt colors so you can get different Color Magic and Mii Force.

Final Smash: Team Combo
Your current hero and the next hero team up and they swing their swords. It’s like Robin’s Final Smash with Chrom.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Funky Kong might actually have a good chance as a last-second clone of Donkey Kong, ala Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
I don't think "need" is a good arguement though. Nothing is "needed".
yes it is a good argument. we're trying to determine likelleyhood right? like i said Mario is one of the most popular series and needs more reps than something like F zero or Earthbound. No one is choosing an earthbound character over another mario character based on his "merits" alone. I don't even know what that means. this is mainly about popularity and relevance and taking into consideration how important a series is and using that to determine the amount of representation should always be priority.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yes it is a good argument. we're trying to determine likelleyhood right? like i said Mario is one of the most popular series and needs more reps than something like F zero or Earthbound. No one is choosing an earthbound character over another mario character based on his "merits" alone. I don't even know what that means. this is mainly about popularity and relevance and taking into consideration how important a series is and using that to determine the amount of representation should always be priority.
Nice several days late comeback.
I don't even use this thread anymore lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Whooaaah- It has been a while since Smash for. Discussion! Time flies rather quickly!
It's nice to see some familiar faces- And some same old subject being bring up every now and then...Alright then, time to give my two cents on more than one subject-

Nekoo! Nekoo! Is it a new game or a Port!?

In my opinion the game IS a new game, not a port- A referenced with the job Listing back in 2014 For a Smash Bros 6- Smash Bros 3Ds and Wii U counting a s the fourth and Fifth entry of the series-
The time between 2014 to 2018 would make it realizable for it to be a new entries- Using a lot of the asset from Smash 4 the same way a lot of leftover data from Brawl exit in Smash 4.
if we see the timeframe of the Job Listing, it could have been around the time Zelda BOTW was decided to be out in both Wii U and Switch. Perhaps it was the Same for Smash 4. The Wii U comming to an end, higher up could have asked to Sakurai or Internal team to work on a Port for the so called "NX" that would become the Switch that we all know.

However, as the time pass, it is totally possible that Sakurai decided to change his plans, going from a simple "MK8 Deluxe" like port to a full fledged game, meaning we could get a new game with a Lot of Asset from Smash 4, making the development time way shorter...And Hopefully less characters-cut!

Nekoo! Nekoo! What about the cut! The third Party! And all of that!
I'm going to get into the speculation part of the post. With Sakurai continuing his job (Director? Conselor? I would rather see him as a Director in all honestly, the man is made for this job). I'm going to be bold and say....
No one will get cut from the transition from Smash 4 to Smash Switch. That is, if they truly reuse asset like my theory assume it.
And none of the third party will leave the game, Yes, Cloud, Bayonetta, Ryu will stay in the game- And neither the Clones will... Now hear me out-
  • Let's say the game is indeed an echanced port of Smash 4 on Switch or started as a Port- It mean that all DLC would be included in the base game, meaning that Nintendo would have to get the right for these Characters once again-
  • The amiibo line was released extremely late for most of the DLC characters- Though, there some rumors about Square being Square and wanting more part of the $$$$ Cake that are the Amiibo-
  • Why would Sakurai get the right for EXTREMELY POPULAR THIRD PARTY that can literaly break the internet, for DLC on an underperforming AND Dying system- (I'm sorry Ridley/K.Rool/Bandana Dee/ whatever characters here but Cloud and Ryu are probably a bigger deal than all of them together just by themselves)
  • The Ballot Idea could have been made around the time Smash Switch became a full fledged game- Explaining the fact that it's data would be used for "Future entries"
  • Also it's a good way to bring back the Ice Climber who couldn't work on the Wii U, remember, Sakurai didn't want that the WiiU and 3DS game had different characters- So If the Game isn't a port- (Which seems to be proved with Link going full BOTW and the Inkling inclusion) He have no reason to not put them in now
And on a side note- Yes, Third parties are important to Smash- Sure, it is a Nintendo Centred Game- But they are the little nice juice, that cherry on top of the game, and some characters are literally Console Seller-
(Yes, People could buy the game Only because Sonic/Ryu/Pac-man/Cloud are in it)

But Muh Roy/Mewtwo/Corrin/Lucina/Dark Pit/Dr.Mario/Lucas/ Insert character you don't like stealing a spot :'(((
Get over it. An earlier post said that Roy got a Redesign only of Smash 4 and that, if ROY of all people got a redesign, why not Ridley (Which isn't wrong persay) However, Roy's "Smash4 Design" has basically started to be his "canon" design as of now, From FE Cipher to Fire Emblem Heroes-
And for people thinking Roy is Liked only in the Smash community, I'm pretty sure Roy is beloved in japan and his game is too as it is the "GBA renaissance ERA" of FE- Alongside topping second male characters in the FEH CYL contest, beating characters like Marth/Hector/Chrom and Even with or without vote splitting

Not only that, but most of the Clone/Semi-clone got it because of their popularities and as a free Dessert, Sakurai wouldn't cut Veterant DLC characters once again especially since they become DLC BECAUSE they were popular in previous entries-

Pfew, That was a long post, but god damn it's good to be back-

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
As for a DK rep, I don't think he's that popular but I'd love to see DK Jr. He went missing after the N64 era but I'd easily choose him over K.Rool, Funky or Dixie. And due to his long hiatus, DK Jr. could also fit as sort of a retro rep.

Anyway, betting time. I predict 17 newcomers at launch, these ones:
That's my list of possible newcomers:

Spring Man -> Arms popularity
Marshal/Chorus Kid(s) -> Rhythm Heaven is one of the major non-represented series
Yokai Watch Character -> huge popularity & exclusive on 3DS
Kamek or Poochy -> Yoshi series keeps growing
Paper Mario -> popular
Captain Toad -> popular
Pokemon -> as always
Fire Emblem Switch Hero -> as always
Rex -> since XC2's success
Bandana Dee -> Sakurais baby
Alph -> if he's got a major role in Pikmin 4
Sylux -> if he's in Prime 4
Ridley -> maybe this time
Rayman -> since Ubi and Nintendo became bros
Bomberman -> popular af
Crash -> same as Bomberman
Labobot -> WTF Char
Takamaru -> most likely retro rep
Isaac/Matthew -> probably back in mind through the Ballot
DK Char -> underrepresented (no good reason ik)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
:wario:Waaaaaaa- Waaaaaaaaa-
Yes I know he's his own series, but he started in a Mario Game and keep being featured in Mario Games-
:diddy:Also a part of the Mario universe outside of Smash Bros.
WarioWare and Donkey Kong Country are as unrelated to the mainline Mario series as you can get, barring tiny references to each other.

They're not seen as the same universe within Smash, which in this case matters.

And please don't think I wanna have an argument about this.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
WarioWare and Donkey Kong Country are as unrelated to the mainline Mario series as you can get, barring tiny references to each other.

Hmmm....

Trophy Info of Wario said:
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (11/1992)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm seeing a few people doing newcomer predictions and a few people arguing about the relationship of Wario/DK universes with the Mario universe. I chose to respond to the newcomer predictions.

I think we might get:

Inklings - Already confirmed, so...
Spring Man - New IP that did fairly well.
Ridley - I dunno. Seems like Metroid is in a better position than it was in Smash 4. He might finally happen.
Rex & Pyra - An obvious newcomer from the franchise's best-selling game.
Mipha - BotW is getting a heavy focus, so why not a newcomer from that game? Plus, she's one of the most popular Champions.
Lycanroc - A Pokemon character is likely. I choose Lycanroc, but only because I'm biased toward it.
Dixie Kong - A DK rep is overdue. I think her most recent appearance gives her a leg up on the competition.
Pauline/Cappy - Odyssey was a phenomenon. Maybe a newcomer from that game?

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Ooh, I have a new question then:

If you could pick any Champion from BotW to become playable in Smash, but you can only pick one, who do you pick?

I’ll go with Urbosa.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

If you could pick any Champion from BotW to become playable in Smash, but you can only pick one, who do you pick?

I’ll go with Urbosa.
Mipha. I wanna see them try to make a true healer

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I’ll go with Urbosa.
I'll go with Lin-
Oh wait- But no seriously, I'm not really sure for a BotW champion, if there a Zelda Newcomers, I would like a HW newcomers, especially Lana, god, more Mages are always welcomes-

?????????????

Smash Master
I'll go with Lin-
Oh wait- But no seriously, I'm not really sure for a BotW champion, if there a Zelda Newcomers, I would like a HW newcomers, especially Lana, god, more Mages are always welcomes-
My favorite Zelda newcomer idea has been Tetra.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'll go with Lin-
I don't see him adding any LoZ characters not from the main series

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Predictions Posted in the Roster Prediction Thread

Newcomers: King K. Rool • Dixie Kong • Toad • Rex & Pyra • Decidueye or Gen. 8 Grass Starter • Inkling • Springman • Mallo from Pushmo • Mach Rider • Andross • Breath of the Wild Link • Bomberman • Geno

1. King K. Rool: The kremlin king can switch costumes (king, pirate, baron) and special abilities with Down B. Each persona also changes one Smash move.

2. Dixie Kong: Dixie Kong can slow her descent and increase her aerial horizontal movement by whirling her hair by holding the jump button similar to Peach's hovering ability.

3. Toad: Toad is the Mushroom Kingdom's first speed character. He is fast, light and has small toad-like hops. In order to deal with aerial opponents, Toad has many Mariokart themed specials that act as anti-aerial moves and recovery options.

4. Rex & Pyra: Rex is the main fighter. His team partner Pyra stands on the Z-Axis. Pyra cannot be hit or thrown off the stage. She is slower than Rex, but follows him. She can perform one jump and jumps when he does, but cannot jump off the stage. She attacks towards the screen when Rex performs certain moves. Her attacks can hit dodging or rolling characters. Rex can throw opponents toward Pyra for combo attacks. (Possible unlock: Mythra - She has different stats/abilities than Pyra. Once you select Rex, there are two characters behind him on the select screen. One is a silhouette and the other filled in. You can go back and forth between Pyra and Mythra and select one)

5. Decidueye or Grass Starter: The pokemon newcomer could charge all aerial attacks.

6. Inkling

7. Springman: Springman can press A after most attacks to attack again with his other arm. At the character select screen, three elemental ARMS can be chosen. One for each hand. You can pick the same ARM.

8. Mallo from Pushmo: Mallo is a sumo-wrestler. He can summon and push blocks (and push players) to control the ring.

9. Mach Rider: Mach Rider is a warrior from a post-apocalyptic world. Mach Rider wears fragmented armor on their body and can contort limbs to form a vehicle/s.

10. Andross: Andross, the villain from StarFox, appears with his body before he defied natural law and morphed into a planet-sized head. Andross is a scientist that experiments with space and quantum physics. He can generate grids that can form into metallic rectangles. He wears two giant armored gloves complete with rocket boosters for fueled up punches.

11. Breath of the Wild Link: BotW Link starts with a Moblin Club. After enough successful hits, his club shatters and he fights with an improved weapon. Magnesis allows him to wrangle an underground treasure chest back and forth. This is an attack that pops enemies up with the mound of earth rolls under them, but it also fishes out a chest that breaks and reveals an enchanted sword. This is Link's best weapon if he can retrieve it. Weapons reset w/ lost stock. Link can mount the Lord of the Mountain as a recovery (and fire off arrows while doing so) and also use his side special, stamina wheel, to run faster, scale walls, and paraglide.

12. Bomberman: Bomberman uses a variety of bombs to solve his problems. Down B plucks out a large bomb he can log-roll on. He can also jump off and climb back on board. Enough damage to the giant bomb results in a giant explosion.

13. Geno: Geno from Mario RPG finally enters the fray.

• Mii Fighters are reworked. All Mii fighters have a standard moveset. Specials can be changed by picking different arms, legs, bodies and miscellaneous gear. Certain sets can be introduced like: Pokemon Trainer and Labo Suit.

- Cut characters: Roy, Lucas, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Cloud, Bayonetta
- Returning characters: Ice Climbers
- Dark Pit and Lucina are costumes.

Tag-team moves are introduced. Custom moves only exists for Mii's. Shield tiers for blocking exist to balance fighters further. Cut characters have a chance to return as DL.

- Scorpion, Rayman, and Belmont are possible DL 3rd-party characters.
- Ribbon Girl is a possible DLC. FE rep is a possible DL character.

* This roster is a prediction roster soaked in personal bias.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I’ll go with Urbosa.
Daruk. Smash could use more heavyweights, and Gorons are an important Zelda race. He'd bring along an almost club-like playstyle mixed with earthquakes and other ground based attacks, and Daruk's Protection could be reworked to give him super armor so he can freely go after small, quick characters without worrying about being combo food.

Counterpoint: Both appear in the Super Mario amiibo line, so Nintendo at least entertains the idea outside of Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I’ll go with Urbosa.
Well, if you couldn't guess from the post above yours, I'd choose Mipha.

Urbosa obviously has the clearest moveset potential, but... In a way, she's the Champion I want least. I loved her character in BotW, and I liked the development she got in BotW, but the idea of another sword fighter over an archer, spear fighter, or heavyweight sledgehammer fighter? It just doesn't sit well with me.

Since Mipha is easily one of the most popular Champions, and because the Zora arc in BotW is debatably the best of the four arcs, I think she's be the best choice to represent the Zelda series. As a bonus, we've never had a spear fighter or a healer fighter in Smash. Both of those combined make for a pretty unique character.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Predictions Posted in the Roster Prediction Thread

Newcomers: King K. Rool • Dixie Kong • Toad • Rex & Pyra • Decidueye or Gen. 8 Grass Starter • Inkling • Springman • Mallo from Pushmo • Mach Rider • Andross • Breath of the Wild Link • Bomberman • Geno

1. King K. Rool: The kremlin king can switch costumes (king, pirate, baron) and special abilities with Down B. Each persona also changes one Smash move.

2. Dixie Kong: Dixie Kong can slow her descent and increase her aerial horizontal movement by whirling her hair by holding the jump button similar to Peach's hovering ability.

3. Toad: Toad is the Mushroom Kingdom's first speed character. He is fast, light and has small toad-like hops. In order to deal with aerial opponents, Toad has many Mariokart themed specials that act as anti-aerial moves and recovery options.

4. Rex & Pyra: Rex is the main fighter. His team partner Pyra stands on the Z-Axis. Pyra cannot be hit or thrown off the stage. She is slower than Rex, but follows him. She can perform one jump and jumps when he does, but cannot jump off the stage. She attacks towards the screen when Rex performs certain moves. Her attacks can hit dodging or rolling characters. Rex can throw opponents toward Pyra for combo attacks. (Possible unlock: Mythra - She has different stats/abilities than Pyra. Once you select Rex, there are two characters behind him on the select screen. One is a silhouette and the other filled in. You can go back and forth between Pyra and Mythra and select one)

5. Decidueye or Grass Starter: The pokemon newcomer could charge all aerial attacks.

6. Inkling

7. Springman: Springman can press A after most attacks to attack again with his other arm. At the character select screen, three elemental ARMS can be chosen. One for each hand. You can pick the same ARM.

8. Mallo from Pushmo: Mallo is a sumo-wrestler. He can summon and push blocks (and push players) to control the ring.

9. Mach Rider: Mach Rider is a warrior from a post-apocalyptic world. Mach Rider wears fragmented armor on their body and can contort limbs to form a vehicle/s.

10. Andross: Andross, the villain from StarFox, appears with his body before he defied natural law and morphed into a planet-sized head. Andross is a scientist that experiments with space and quantum physics. He can generate grids that can form into metallic rectangles. He wears two giant armored gloves complete with rocket boosters for fueled up punches.

11. Breath of the Wild Link: BotW Link starts with a Moblin Club. After enough successful hits, his club shatters and he fights with an improved weapon. Magnesis allows him to wrangle an underground treasure chest back and forth. This is an attack that pops enemies up with the mound of earth rolls under them, but it also fishes out a chest that breaks and reveals an enchanted sword. This is Link's best weapon if he can retrieve it. Weapons reset w/ lost stock. Link can mount the Lord of the Mountain as a recovery (and fire off arrows while doing so) and also use his side special, stamina wheel, to run faster, scale walls, and paraglide.

12. Bomberman: Bomberman uses a variety of bombs to solve his problems. Down B plucks out a large bomb he can log-roll on. He can also jump off and climb back on board. Enough damage to the giant bomb results in a giant explosion.

13. Geno: Geno from Mario RPG finally enters the fray.

• Mii Fighters are reworked. All Mii fighters have a standard moveset. Specials can be changed by picking different arms, legs, bodies and miscellaneous gear. Certain sets can be introduced like: Pokemon Trainer and Labo Suit.

- Cut characters: Roy, Lucas, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Cloud, Bayonetta
- Returning characters: Ice Climbers
- Dark Pit and Lucina are costumes.

Tag-team moves are introduced. Custom moves only exists for Mii's. Shield tiers for blocking exist to balance fighters further. Cut characters have a chance to return as DL.

- Scorpion, Rayman, and Belmont are possible DL 3rd-party characters.
- Ribbon Girl is a possible DLC. FE rep is a possible DL character.

* This roster is a prediction roster soaked in personal bias.
I think Andross could be pulled off similarly to MODOK. Not that he needs to be a giant head, he could be small, but he could have one of those hover chairs, and just do stuff out of it.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
As a bonus, we've never had a spear fighter or a healer fighter in Smash. Both of those combined make for a pretty unique character.
Lucas, Ness, and WFT can heal, unless you mean you want her to be able to heal other people in which case, why?
I've got nothing against Mipha getting in I just don't see why we need a healer

Poor Revali.
Revali would be my choice if he wasn't so visually similar to Falco

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Lucas, Ness, and WFT can heal, unless you mean you want her to be able to heal other people in which case, why?
I've got nothing against Mipha getting in I just don't see why we need a healer
I meant a character whose specific talent is healing. Every healing attack in Smash is either incredibly small or only heals under certain conditions (Ness/Lucas need a projectile to absorb, Robin needs to be facing someone, etc.). We've never had a character with the true ability to heal.

And healing isn't the main reason I want Mipha. Spear fighters are rare to come by, and Smash hasn't gotten one yet. Although I could easily come up with a moveset for Urbosa, I feel like there's plenty of opportunities to get another sword fighter (especially since FE and Xenoblade exists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom