• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Both music and dungeons in Breath of the Wild are generally lackluster until Hyrule Castle blows everything, including previous entries, out of the water
Indeed, it was definitely my favorite. I got lost in the castle, but I did not even mind. Maybe I even got lost a second time, just to enjoy the atmosphere. If I could just add one Breath of the Wild song to Smash, that would be it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Magikarp Festival.

You're welcome.

Too bad it won't be included cuz spin-off.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Magikarp Festival.

You're welcome.

I remember listening to this on a three hour loop or something similar around when the game came out. I thought I was starting to hate it, but then I did again. Now this is going to be stuck in my head all day.

Speaking of which, they should add Magikarp as a playable Pokemon.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Here's a stage suggestion that I'm going to include music for. I've brought it up before, but I'm going to lay it out for everyone else to see.

Custom Robo's Holosseum!
customrobo_030804_030.jpg

The Holosseum is where Custom Robo battles (typically) take place. It's essentially a 3D arena with some obstacles to use for cover or setups for Custom Robo fights.

My vision of this stage is more of a Smash adaptiation of the 3D rather than fighting on one part of the stage with the rest of the holosseum in the background. I think it will be a competitively legal stage, as stage hazards wouldn't make sense and the stage canonically is designed for a fair, fast paced fight. It will have two platforms, one on each end, that sit slightly higher than Battlefield's two lower platforms. The platforms will be the tops of walls (that you can see in the picture above). I think it could also include a center destructable platform using those swirly things you can see in the middle of the image. They respawn a few seconds after being destroyed in the Smash adaptation.

Music:
I think for this stage, there would be a medley of custom robo music, and then a bunch of original tracks, similar to Wily Castle's music list.

Original tracks:

EDIT: Chinese Jingle wasn't supposed to be in the music, replaced it with Daylight, like it was supposed to be in the first place :p

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Magikarp Festival.

You're welcome.

Honestly one of my favorite video game tracks of all time. Pokken had plenty of great music, but this one is just on its own level. When I first started modding Smash 4, this song was literally the first one I put in. As long as Bandai Namco doesn't make a big deal out of it due to Pokken still getting support, this song should, without a doubt, be in Smash.

Morbi

Scavenger
Here's a stage suggestion that I'm going to include music for. I've brought it up before, but I'm going to lay it out for everyone else to see.

Custom Robo's Holosseum!
View attachment 138941

The Holosseum is where Custom Robo battles (typically) take place. It's essentially a 3D arena with some obstacles to use for cover or setups for Custom Robo fights.

My vision of this stage is more of a Smash adaptiation of the 3D rather than fighting on one part of the stage with the rest of the holosseum in the background. I think it will be a competitively legal stage, as stage hazards wouldn't make sense and the stage canonically is designed for a fair, fast paced fight. It will have two platforms, one on each end, that sit slightly higher than Battlefield's two lower platforms. The platforms will be the tops of walls (that you can see in the picture above). I think it could also include a center destructable platform using those swirly things you can see in the middle of the image. They respawn a few seconds after being destroyed in the Smash adaptation.

Music:
I think for this stage, there would be a medley of custom robo music, and then a bunch of original tracks, similar to Wily Castle's music list.

Original tracks:

Ha ha ha... Chinese Jingle, what? Why would that be a song? Just loop that eight second clip over and over again.

In all seriousness, if it were a stage, I would turn all of those sliders to zero and crank Death Fight up to the maximum. Reminds me of some old school thrash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I remember listening to this on a three hour loop or something similar around when the game came out. I thought I was starting to hate it, but then I did again. Now this is going to be stuck in my head all day.

Speaking of which, they should add Magikarp as a playable Pokemon.
Magikarp Festival is the hypest **** you never saw coming.

Also Magikarp would be, hands down, the greatest joke character in history :129:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Ha ha ha... Chinese Jingle, what? Why would that be a song? Just loop that eight second clip over and over again.

In all seriousness, if it were a stage, I would turn all of those sliders to zero and crank Death Fight up to the maximum. Reminds me of some old school thrash.
L O L I wasn't supposed to get that one, let me fix that. I guess I copied the link at the wrong time and wasn't paying close enough attention.

EDIT: Fixed the song list in my previous post.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Even though they're spin-offs, music from Pokken and Hyrule Warriors would be amazing to have in-game.

splat

Smash Lord
[QUOTE="Bradli Wartooth, post: 21959908, member: 235201"]Here's a stage suggestion that I'm going to include music for. I've brought it up before, but I'm going to lay it out for everyone else to see.[/quote]

Yeah, I love that stage so much I worked on creating a Brawl hack stage way when. Would love to see it in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
When I saw the Rayman's trophy in Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U, I thing that he is will coming as newcomer in Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Would there be a big backlash if there is no Xenoblade newcomer and Shulk is once again by himself?
Hmmmm...I know I PERSONALLY wouldn't like that, but would there be a backlash...?

Honestly, I think yes. The original Xenoblade was kinda hard to obtain until the 3DS remake, so I think a lot more people have experience with X and 2.

That's just a guess on my part.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Would there be a big backlash if there is no Xenoblade newcomer and Shulk is once again by himself?
If there was, I think it'd be more from the uninformed in regards to how the roster is selected. I wouldn't be upset, but that's because it seems Xenoblade 2 is walking a fine line with coming out too late and being in time for the roster confirmation.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Let’s talk Miis. They’ve had some games since Smash 4 of decent success (Tamodatchi Life and Miitopia)

Do you see Miis returning?

Do you see them getting more movesets based on recent games?

D

Deleted member

Maybe, though I'm sure some still feel that Shulk is fine on his own.

As for me personally, while I want Rex and Pyra as much as the next person, when I look at when development for both Smash for Switch and Xenoblade 2 started (2016 and 2014, respectively), and when the latter game released (late 2017), I realize that timing may or may not be an issue for the duo, at least on the base roster. Even if it weren't, I wouldn't be mad about their exclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I sure d
Let’s talk Miis. They’ve had some games since Smash 4 of decent success (Tamodatchi Life and Miitopia)

I sure do hope they return, albeit based on the various wacky games they appeared in (think Miitopia or even Wii Play / Party etc). Their moveset could get very random and fun.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

If Miis have to return, I'd like to see them have one original moveset based on the games they appear in (plus full customs if those return) rather than 3 completely different movesets + full blown customs that have nothing to do with the appearances they've made in their history. I don't think they should spend that massive amount of dev time on them again, especially for a character that was fairly scarcely used and not even usable online outside of special conditions.

?????????????

Smash Master
It's funny...I NEVER cared about the Miis before. I didn't really care if they were in Smash 4 or not, I didn't really care if they ever came back or not, I never used them...

And then Miitopia happened. Now I actually WANT them.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I hope not. The existing movesets they have are already bland enough and there was no good reason why development time should have been spend giving them 3 different movesets from scratch. Why would I want more bland movesets for the Miis?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think there'd be a lot of outcry if Xenoblade didn't have a newcomer.

I still don't think of it as a Nintendo franchise that's quite prominent.

Even Sakurai himself said Shulk was quite lucky to get in.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's funny...I NEVER cared about the Miis before. I didn't really care if they were in Smash 4 or not, I didn't really care if they ever came back or not, I never used them...

And then Miitopia happened. Now I actually WANT them.
I, personally, do not care if Miis appear in Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Swtich, and Fire Emblem Switch while making a guest appearances in Skyrim, GTA 5, and Minecraft, while being Hero 28 in Overwatch. I do not want those cretins anywhere near my Smash.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think there would be quite a few people up in arms about it, but I personally wouldn't mind (even though I really want Rex and Pyra/Mythra in Smash), because I would just be happy to see Xenoblade still represented at all.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Songs I'd like to see in Smash?

Dark Castle (Planet Robobot)

The entire Pokémon Conquest soundtrack, really.

This song needs to stay (And be used in a Marx trailer).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

King Dedede disconfirmed, we can't have generic species as playable characters.
It's already weird enough knowing that only the boss King Dedede has the ability to damage characters by making any kind of physical contact with them. The playable King Dedede doesn't get that kind of trait at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While we're on the subject of music, I'm still sad Awakening's best song got snubbed.

D

Deleted member

Could Ridley actually get an unconventional appearance as playable?

Possibly. Last game he showed up as a stage hazard on the 3DS citing that he couldn't make Ridley work. Considering how he worded his explanation for Ridley's disconfirmation, there's no way he'll be considered for a traditional playable role again. If all we get is another Stage Hazardly on Pyrosphere, I don't expect Sakurai to bring up Ridley since he's already given his answer last game.

But what if Ridley gets a different role in this game? Sakurai may not see Stage Hazardly as an adequate solution to appease fans and he does keep coming back to him as a character. Each role Ridley has gotten has been a different one and who's to say that won't happen again? It would seem weird for Sakurai to just not bring up Ridley again this game since he's aware of the fan demand and I doubt the conversation going on with Ridley will simply be "return Ridley as stage hazard in Pyrosphere". There's got to be something more to it. Especially when considering that he got a SSB4 icon on Wii U like other characters which I would compare to Giga Bowser, and I'm not on the boat that he was planned or even seriously considered for playable status last game.

What I'm thinking is that Sakurai may actually make a playable Ridley this time. Not that people will be able to select him on the roster, but maybe something like a giant boss mode, a game on Event Match where you play as Ridley against other Smash fighters, or something like that.

I know that leaks are unreliable but I've been thinking about the two Ridley leaks that haven't been disconfirmed yet and if more relatively credible sources points towards Ridley as playable, then that may mean something. Both the ERA (although jonnen said later on was speculation) and now the Vergeben leak have said Ridley is playable. The last leak in particular stresses "the BIGGEST character addition IS finally happening..." so the fact he emphasized biggest with Ridley's inclusion makes me think he'll be added in a way no one, not even people who firmly believe he's getting in, sees coming. If so, this could finally be the compromise Sakurai is satisfied with and he will make a statement about it seeing as he would hype it up with "hints" like he did stage hazard Ridley.

tl;dr: there may be a chance for a non-traditional playable Ridley. If so, what would you think of it?
Magikarp Festival.

You're welcome.

Not half-bad if I say so myself. I'd be okay with this showing up.

?????????????

Smash Master
It's already weird enough knowing that only the boss King Dedede has the ability to damage characters by making any kind of physical contact with them. The playable King Dedede doesn't get that kind of trait at all.
I can't help but think of that type of thing in Super Smash Bros.

Like...how is anyone besides Link able to defeat Ganondorf? They don't have the Master Sword! What level is this Jigglypuff that it's able to go toe-to-toe with Mewtwo?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Like...how is anyone besides Link able to defeat Ganondorf? They don't have the Master Sword! What level is this Jigglypuff that it's able to go toe-to-toe with Mewtwo?
Jigglypuff would have to be very high leveled to stand a chance against a lower-leveled Mewtwo. The same would also go for Magikarp, but without Bounce, it's literally powerless against any Ghost-type Pokemon that shows up.

Morbi

Scavenger

Jigglypuff is level 100 and Mewtwo is his default 70. The Pikachu and Lucario have anime plot armor and Greninja trained with Sheik while Link was hibernating for 7 years, any other questions?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ooh, music? All I really super want is Mind in a PROGRAM from Robobot. That song was the first one I modded in and it was amazing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Some, yeah, but it'd get mixed with all the other backlash that arises upon final roster reveal. I wonder who will become the scapegoat this time.

Palutena is straight a goddess. Not that you'd know if from her default moveset. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom