• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Banjo-Kazooie: 7/10, Its awesome to see a classic return, and to see Nintendo and Microsoft work together. And I'm excited for all his fans to see him finally come back to Nintendo.... but I've played Banjo-Kazooie, and although fun, in my opinion it's nothing special.

Geno: 11/10, **** yes. I am a *huge* fan of the Mario RPG series' (SMRPG, Paper, M&L) and have wanted Geno in since Brawl. It's been ten years and I really really hope he's in regardless of any leak. I'd also love for this to be the chance for him to be revived and maybe even used in Mario spinoffs or, and this really is a pipe dream, imagine if Nintendo and Sqaure teamed up again for SMRPG2 or even better, a GOOD Paper Mario game featuring Geno. Sign me the **** up.

Issac: 6/10, I never played Golden Sun and people clambering for Isaac has never made sense to me. But I know people will say the same for me with Geno. Happy for Isaac fans.

Chorus Kids: 7/10, never played Rhythm Heaven but it's good to see it represented and as a former chorus kid myself, I'll probably play them occasionally.

Mach Rider: 3/10, I'm not upset that this character is in, but I feel like there could've been better retro characters.

Shadow: 6/10, very expected and predictable, but I wanted Shadow in Brawl when I was 8 so, I'll give him an extra point.

Ken: 5/10, Cool. I'm not a Street Fighter fan, but he makes way too much sense.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I dunno...

Something feels really off about this...
The dissonance you're feeling is the subtle feeling of the Box Theory slowly wasting away from within your soul. Because this leak is the most damning piece of evidence against it, and I know how much it meant to you.

Don't worry, the discomfort will pass. At which time you may begin to heal and absorb the awesomeness that is Smash Ultimate.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That roster leak seems like absolute nonsense. It's basically "Every requested/suspected/leaked character, plus a couple that were cut/considered for previous games. Anyone could put that together.

Also, that's probably way too many characters. Sakurai explicitly said that we should expect the character announcements to decrease, as though to say that the August Direct gave a false impression due to how packed it was. He said at E3 "Don't expect too many new fighters," and then two months later gives us five (with three Echo Fighters), which probably only left a few remaining reveals, but gave the impression that the next Direct would probably have just as many fighters, which is unlikely.

I'm reminded of the "codename" leak that was basically the same thing, just with more flair. The codename leak also had way too many characters, and they were all the obvious picks. Not that that's unbelievable, since this game has generally been going for obvious picks anyways, but there's no way all of them are going to make it like in this leak. Ashley got deconfirmed, after all.

Reminder: the number of newcomers for each game was 14 in Melee, 18 in Brawl, and 15 in Smash 4 (not counting Echoes and DLC). Right now we're at 9 newcomers, 4 of them Echo Fighters (with a more work put into them than those in Smash 4). I doubt we're going to get more than 3 more fully new characters at most.

That "leak" isn't impossible, I just don't think it's very likely.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m confused, is Imran calling it fake because he personally thinks people on the leak is unlikely or because he has conflicting information? Him saying that he doesn’t know the final roster but this isn’t it just confused me lol.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Shadow - 1: Is anybody here old enough to remember the travesty that was the Shadow GameCube game? And how shamelessly it tried to distinguish itself as "not kiddy" by giving him guns? I don't know why anybody cares about this character. Tails is a much better fit for a clone and they could change him up slightly by giving him some limited flight mechanics.
Oo! Oo! I can play this game.

Mario - 1: Is anybody here old enough to remember the travesty that was the Mario CD-i game? And how shamelessly it tried to distinguish itself as "a puzzle game" by changing the gameplay in between godawful animated cutscenes? I don't know why anybody cares about this character after that one terrible game. Mr. L is a much better fit for a Luigi clone.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I just had a thought. It has to be fake.
Goemon is not on it. We ALLLLL know Goemon has to be in the game. He is just to awesome not to be.
I don't know if you're being serious, but I'd legit be all-in for Goemon DLC if Geno and Banjo are actually both in. It'd be even more likely, seeing as we already have 4 Konami characters in the game.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
For what it's worth (and I'm at work and can't go grab the Tweet, but someone did post it earlier), Spawn Wave said in a reply to someone else that Incineroar was missing but that there was someone else missing too. So for everybody getting down in the dumps about Incineroar, there's still a chance.

Imagine if the final reveal isn't Kencineroar but Insoraroar.

EDIT: This tweet:

Okay what does he know?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like a lot of leakers may have been fed false information for obvious reasons.

I mean, even Verge didn't predict K. Rool and some of the echoes. Some could be being fed false information, or have a sour source. I don't think any leaker out there knows the entire, "finalized" roster.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
This is just ESRB 2.0 lol
I BET you a lot of ppl claiming its fake rn will look back and cringe just like what happened with the ESRB leak

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That roster leak seems like absolute nonsense. It's basically "Every requested/suspected/leaked character, plus a couple that were cut/considered for previous games. Anyone could put that together.

Also, that's probably way too many characters. Sakurai explicitly said that we should expect the character announcements to decrease, as though to say that the August Direct gave a false impression due to how packed it was. He said at E3 "Don't expect too many new fighters," and then two months later gives us five (with three Echo Fighters), which probably only left a few remaining reveals, but gave the impression that the next Direct would probably have just as many fighters, which is unlikely.

I'm reminded of the "codename" leak that was basically the same thing, just with more flair. The codename leak also had way too many characters, and they were all the obvious picks. Not that that's unbelievable, since this game has generally been going for obvious picks anyways, but there's no way all of them are going to make it like in this leak. Ashley got deconfirmed, after all.

Reminder: the number of newcomers for each game was 14 in Melee, 18 in Brawl, and 15 in Smash 4 (not counting Echoes and DLC). Right now we're at 9 newcomers, 4 of them Echo Fighters (with a more work put into them than those in Smash 4). I doubt we're going to get more than 3 more fully new characters at most.

Consider what we would've thought of "all veterans plus K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, and Dark Samus" back in the day.
I don't know why people keep bringing up "it's all the requested and suspected characters", seeing as that's a lot of what we've gotten so far. This is clearly the game where we're gonna get that.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Here is leak review's coverage of the leak, btw.:ultpacman:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Ok, assuming this leak is real, what are your expectations/desires for DLC now?

Mine are:
-Paper Mario
-Dixie Kong
-Impa
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Medusa
-Rex/Pyra/Mythra
-Spring Man
-Pokemon
-3rd Party

Bonus: With these many 3rd Party reps, do you think DLC will add even more like in Smash For, or will it be mainly 1st Party?
Skull Kid
Pokemon Gen8
Byleth or Edelgarde
Rex&Pyra or Elma
Marx or Waddle Dee

3rd Party:
Sora

D

Deleted member

Just to play devils advocate, how do we know that the leaker does work at bamco but decided to fake it anyways to get notoriety?

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace

Guess I have to say it again.

If your only real qualm against it is 'it's more than I expected', you don't have a very good argument to call it fake.

Sakurai LIVES to overperform and surpass expectations. And for the millionth time, he said to expect less in both Brawl and Smash 4.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Because he clearly didn't expect it to get out like it did as evidenced by him deleting the video quickly after.
Snap chat vids auto delete 5 mins after upload and it looks like he was alone at the time so he could at the very least focus a photo intead of all this snap chat bs...

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
This is just ESRB 2.0 lol
I BET you a lot of ppl claiming its fake rn will look back and cringe just like what happened with the ESRB leak
I'm on team Hmmmm but couldn't the same be said about the opposite? Everyone defending it will look dumb if it turns out fake.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well , that a good theme for Omegamon i think...

And if it realy is Omnimon , he maybe will be a villain as well...
How is Omnimon even remotely villainous? It's regal design and white colour scheme makes it look like some holy paladin if anything. Which is why Imperialdramon Paladin mode is well, white! Plus, a fusion of the mascot being a villain may not be too well-received, especially by people who watched the anime

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Anyone could put it together as a speculative list — fewer people could put it together in a feasible render, alongside another render of empty Battlefield, with details implying sensical links as to its origin through a French company, and with a couple of renders from other upcoming media.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman

This, and this.

Its IMPOSSIBLE they are adding 5 newcomers in a single release, 7 if you count echoes...all of those are fan favorite since ages ago. The leak is super well made ill give her/him that but just analyze the barebones info we have and youll notice this leak makes no sense at all.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I feel like a lot of leakers may have been fed false information for obvious reasons.

I mean, even Verge didn't predict K. Rool and some of the echoes. Some could be being fed false information, or have a sour source. I don't think any leaker out there knows the entire, "finalized" roster.
Yeah, assuming this isn’t real Verge also had no idea that Richter, Chrom, Daisy, and Dark Samus were in either. He also was told by one source Isabelle was gonna be an Echo. AND he has no idea who the Squeenix character is. I believe Verge has inside info and I’ve defended him before, but I’m pretty sure he himself has acknowledged Nintendo has been sending out false info concerning the roster, which is why he took so long to “confirm” Incineroar. This isnt even mentioning how Steve is another name who’s been legitimately rumored by some other insider on Reddit, and Verge said himself that his sources outside of Smash have been telling him Steve is in but his Smash sources insist otherwise.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well what a thing to wake up too. I'm hoping that missing character is Lloyd. Or a 2nd Namco rep at least.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Did I know I would wake up into a world where I can say "Oh look, Wendy's responded to the Grinch leak"?

No. But I'm glad to be here.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I would love this roster! A little bit weird dark samus is in and dixie kong is cut again... But who knows maybe dixie is dlc!

Graizen

Smash Champion
How is Omnimon even remotely villainous? It's regal design and white colour scheme makes it look like some holy paladin if anything. Which is why Imperialdramon Paladin mode is well, white! Plus, a fusion of the mascot being a villain may not be too well-received, especially by people who watched the anime
He is a Royal Knight , and the RKs sometimes make bad things becouse Yggdrasil ordered.

Omnimon killed like milions of inocent Digimon in the X-Evolution Movie.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This, and this.

Its IMPOSSIBLE they are adding 5 newcomers in a single release, 7 if you count echoes...all of those are fan favorite since ages ago. The leak is super well made ill give her/him that but just analyze the barebones info we have and youll notice this leak makes no sense at all.
It's IMPOSSIBLE they'd add ALL the veterans, Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus, alongside 103 stages and over 800 pieces of music. This would NEVER happen.

Seriously. I think they can pull off a few more newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom