• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
*sigh* I hate this thread so much...

You people really think you're going to get 7 more character reveals with only a month left until the game comes out?
The funny thing is you're sighing and huffing and not a single person has entered 100 percent belief of this.

You're just trying to belittle people to appear bigger than them.

Stop it. You're better than that.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now it's time for the real question: who is team real and who is team fake?
Team Fake, absolutely. Normally I hold out hope for leaks being real, but there's just something about this one. Whether it be the blurry image, the amount of supoprt it's getting, or the shaky evidence for it, I just can't believe it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The biggest thing about this poster, and I'm sure it's been said before, is that SO many things have been rearranged, especially in ways that seem logical and keep the poster balanced. It's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to do, but it's ALOT of work.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The biggest thing about this poster, and I'm sure it's been said before, is that SO many things have been rearranged, especially in ways that seem logical and keep the poster balanced. It's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to do, but it's ALOT of work.
Has any of the previous murals moved characters to completely different spots?

Like, the two links are unchanged by the mii's in between them are just moved to a new spot next to bayo to make room for Shadow. Same with Banjo. Those would be pretty easy to do

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
Still Greninja was decided for the game when it was just concept art.
This doesn't change the fact that the timing for this game doesn't befit a gen 8 pokemon. Even if it were DLC it would have to be released over a year after release, which is certainly possible. But this isn't the same situation as Greninja since they made the decision to add him knowing that Smash 4 would come out after the release of XY

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But it also counts PT as 3 for the numbering system.
Only in the moveset numbering system.
The moveset numbering system doesn't matter, because the moveset numbering system doesn't count Echoes.

With the moveset numbering system, the final number here would be 73.

In this case, we're talking about the CSS numbering system, which specifically includes Echoes and counts PT as one character.

So in this case, we count PT as one. And even if PT were counted as 3, it wouldn't make the number even, it'd still be odd.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
The thing is, even if this leak is legit, we still have no way of knowing because it’s so blurry and I’d probably forget who was on it when reveal time comes.
So I’m not worried about this ruining the surprise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait what characters exactly are in it? I have bad eyesight and am on a very tiny screen rn lol

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Is it that difficult to insert characters and make a fake poster? Furthermore the image is so blurry that you don't even have to work hard on details… People (like @LepiPepi on Twitter) have done similar stuff before:

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay, now it's time for the real question: who is team real and who is team fake?
Team fake for avoiding disappointment.

Also team fake because I'm usually wrong about these things so saying it's fake will mean it ends up being real.

D

Deleted member

Team Fake on this one. Not enough evidence to really give it any credibility

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Only in the moveset numbering system.
The moveset numbering system doesn't matter, because the moveset numbering system doesn't count Echoes.

With the moveset numbering system, the final number here would be 73.

In this case, we're talking about the CSS numbering system, which specifically includes Echoes and counts PT as one character.

So in this case, we count PT as one. And even if PT were counted as 3, it wouldn't make the number even, it'd still be odd.
Is that why you were quoting me?

I only pointed out that SSB64 being the only game to have an even numbered roster isn't true. That's all my input was for. All Smash games until Ultimate counted transformation characters as seperate.

PT being counted as one in Ultimate is werid, since they weren't in Brawl. Only thing I can think of as to why is that they're the only transformation character now and so will operate as one character choice for Smashdown and Squad Strike.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Has any of the previous murals moved characters to completely different spots?

Like, the two links are unchanged by the mii's in between them are just moved to a new spot next to bayo to make room for Shadow. Same with Banjo. Those would be pretty easy to do
From a quick glance, at least Diddy Kong. He was moved from the right of Sheik to the left after August. So it does happen, that much is true, but yeah I'm gonna just sit and wait until it's possibly debunked.

I do hope it's true though

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
team hmmm
I'm on this team. Team Hmm, Indeed.

Is it that difficult to insert characters and make a fake poster? Furthermore the image is so blurry that you don't even have to work hard on details… People (like @LepiPepi on Twitter) have done similar stuff before:
The thing that's more belivable about this however is that this isn't simply just plopping people in.

It's moving multiple renders around that are already preset to accommodate for the new ones, etc. It's not hard at all to add a new render to a pre-existing image. It's a lot harder to do what this has done without all the marketing materials present to do it.

And as far as I'm aware, no one has broken down the artwork of the newcomers on this artwork to make it so someone could make this huge fake mock up, so that'd be even more extra work.

If fake? It does have a lot of work and time put into it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Sakurai: Don't expect many new challengers
Sakurai: We'll reveal every character before launch
Sakurai: Ok me wee lads we might've gotten a little overboard with revealing newcomer trailers, we're gonna slow stuff down

This leak: November 8th will reveal seven newcomers which doubles the newcomer roster in one day.

Honestly, I'm on Team Fake because of that. Even though the paintwork looks amazing, I can't believe this to be the final roster.

Graizen

Smash Champion
...Mach Rider? Chorus Kids? Really? And it's so easy to insert images, especially if its blurry and you dont have to work as hard... this seems fake but if it's real that would still be a cool final roster I guess.
As a Art Designer myself, i can say to you that this here is more than just "put images there"
The guy moved almost all the characters to place the new ones AND had new renders for all the new characters

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Still Greninja was decided for the game when it was just concept art.
Well, not quite. They looked at Gen 6 with the knowledge that Gen 6 would be relevant when Smash 4 released. They also probably looked at far more than just concept art, because it'd make sense to from a designer's standpoint! Why would you rely on a single sheet of artwork for such a massive undertaking as Smash?

We know Sakurai used it as point of reference to figure out some poses for a potential moveset, but that was for a rough draft character concept, and mark my words, they probably make concepts for everyone they consider. There are probably a lot of them that didn't get used that are filed away on some hard drive somewhere.

I want to see those files someday, honestly. Would be interesting to see their process, and understand how they do it to make my own character concepts feel authentic.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Wait what characters exactly are in it? I have bad eyesight and am on a very tiny screen rn lol
Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Ken and Shadow

Basically the staple characters people wanted or expected. This is precisely why it's dangerous to believe now. It's too good at the moment to 100% believe it, solely for the roster.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A lot of that would have had to be redone, especially the background which was shown off without any characters on it. Possible, but it's way better than most leaks of this type. And for that picture, nobody's been rearranged as far as I can see--they just looked plopped in like most of the other banner leaks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that’s the thing. Sakurai might actually throw in the towel and quit game development if this leak is true, since to him that would mean the hype train has crashed.
Nah, he loves making games too much for that. Also, I doubt characters are the only big thing remained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom