• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I know everyone wants Wolf back for a Star Fox character, and there was just the recommendation about the walker, but what are peoples general thoughts on adding another member of Star Fox, like Peppy or Slippy? They've been around forever, I'd like to see them be more than hidden dialogue on a stage.
I do like my idea of having a walking Arwing haha. But aside from that, I don't know how they'd implement a new Star Fox character with the current source material.

Without starting another debate, Krystal probably is the most unique due to the staff.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
What if...Slippy was given a moveset based on Star Fox Guard?
I imagine Slippy as being a very tech-heavy character. I don't think the character would be even remotely similar to Fox, unlike both Wolf and Falco. I could definitely see some references to Star Fox Guard in the moveset though.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I know everyone wants Wolf back for a Star Fox character, and there was just the recommendation about the walker, but what are peoples general thoughts on adding another member of Star Fox, like Peppy or Slippy? They've been around forever, I'd like to see them be more than hidden dialogue on a stage.
I’d rather get Pigma. He’s a better villain than Wolf.

Also, what I really want from star Fox? After all these years?

A damn James McCloud alt with a damn pair of damn shades.

I’ve wanted it a while.

I’d also take an alt of F-Zero’s James McCloud.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Since someone mentioned making movesets for newcomers, heres mine I guess cause why not

Honestly I think going with the first games design is the best move, but they could go with the champions or frontier design and have the option to use a girl skin so who knows.

Fighter : Fossil Fighter
Series : Fossil Fighters
Party : 1st Party

Jab : 2 Kicks followed by a downward swing of his pickaxe
Ftilt : A horizontal swing with his pickaxe.
Dtilt : A low sweep kick.
Uptilt : Swings pickaxe above his head in an arc
Fsmash : Swings pickaxe down with the animation from the first game and champions. Has a sweet spot on the top.
Dsmash : Spins quickly around with the pickaxe. Kicks dirt up as well during it tho the dirty only does 1 percent and doesnt make the opponent flinch.
Upsmash : A quick single strike in a upwards arc.
Nair : Spins around once with a horizontal slash all around him.
Fair : Swings pickaxe down in front of him similar to fsmash. Has a spike at the sweetspot.
Upair : Thrusts pickaxe above him in an arc.
Dair : Pogos on his pickaxe for a while, like Links/Clouds.
Bair : A strong horizontal swing from his pickaxe behind him.
Pummel : Hits his opponent in the rib with the hilt of his pickaxe.
Fthrow : Throws his opponent forward as if hes swinging a baseball bat.
Upthrow : Swings his pickaxe up hitting them in the jaw and popping them up.
Dthrow : Swings them down and pops em up.
Bthrow : Hooks them on the middle of his pickaxe and spins them around before throwing them.
DA : Runs then does a spin with his pickaxe

Neutral Special : Dilopho Spit : Summons a dilopho that spits a poison shot, depending on how long the button is held the Dilopho's poison will do more damage over time. From 5% to 10%. Dilopho can take 13% for it to be KO'd but it will come back after a few seconds. Move can stall at start up in the air. Charge can be held.
Side Special : Stego charge : Summons a Stego who acts like a wall of sorts. Level 1 is a shoulder bash. Level 2 is a Tail swing. Level 3 is a strong spin charge. Stego can take 26% before its KO'd and takes longer to come back. Move can stall at start up in the air. Charge can be held.
Down Special: Trex : Summons a Trex who does a variety of attacks. Level 1 is a ground pound. Level 2 is a bite. Level 3 is a powerful drop kick. Trex can take 20% before its Ko'd but itll come back after a few seconds. Move can stall at start up in the air. Charge can be held.
Up special : Ptera soar : Summons a Ptera that can flap its wings 3 times. Has no hitbox. Fossil Fighter doesnt go into free fall however after up b. So in theory he can jump > up b > aerial > up b > aerial > up b > jump. Ptera cant be KO'd.
Final Smash : The screen switches to a fossil escavation screen. Player can hit the attack button to drill opponents or the special button to use the hammer. Lasts 10 seconds.

Taunt 1 : Fossil Fighter rests on his pickaxe.
Taunt 2 : Wipe sweat of his forehead
Taunt 3 : Sits down and smiles

So uh yeah lol theres a moveset idea I guess. :p ( I even have colors worked out since the first game had 8 colors the player could have lol )

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
sorry but i'm breaking the rules here. the cuts i would want are

dr. mario- hate him the most.
lucina
dark pit
bayonetta- hate her 2nd.
miis

there are better characters to put in this roster.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You wouldn't really be able to mix and match arms if you assign switching arms to one input. Having two inputs would let you properly do that. One input changes one arm and the other input changes the other.
I would have the arms be picked on the character select screen.
Three arm types, pick one for dominant and secondary. You can select the same arm.

Pressing 'A' after a punching attack, would swing out the second arm.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I imagine Slippy as being a very tech-heavy character. I don't think the character would be even remotely similar to Fox, unlike both Wolf and Falco. I could definitely see some references to Star Fox Guard in the moveset though.
Give Slippy Snake's old moveset.

Yes I'm serious.

I want to see this place burn to the ground :evil:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Only five cuts?

:4corrin::4feroy::4lucas::4jigglypuff::4tlink:

Pokémon and Fire Emblem always get new additions to the cast so trimming off the more redundant members are fine. Lucas is from a game that was never released outside of Japan and is already a low priority character given that he got cut before. Toon Link hurts a little since he is iconic in his own right but ultimately he is somewhat redundant with BOTW Link around and his cut wouldn't hurt the Zelda series if Sakurai would bother put in some of the more popular one shots like Midna or Skull Kid.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My take pizzadudemanguy's "If you had to cut five characters that aren't Doc/Dark Pit/Lucina/Miis" game.

:4sheik::4zss::4lucas::4feroy::4falcon:
For those who wanted Ganondorf to have a unique moveset...be careful what you wish for. :p

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
My take pizzadudemanguy's "If you had to cut five characters that aren't Doc/Dark Pit/Lucina/Miis" game.

:4sheik::4zss::4lucas::4feroy::4falcon:
For those who wanted Ganondorf to have a unique moveset...be careful what you wish for. :p
Leave it to the rodent to want the Falcon gone...:smirk:

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
It's honestly really bug me if any of the characters from 64 were ever removed from a Smash title.

Even if there was good reason it'd just feel wrong. Like a Mario game where Mario has no moustache.

Hello yes, I'm a furry degenerate.
I thought the scientific term was trash panda?

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Something i should ask. Whether Adventure mode, Story mode, Smash run, Master Fortress, or some combo of the 4, what enemies do you want in Smash 5?

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Something i should ask. Whether Adventure mode, Story mode, Smash run, Master Fortress, or some combo of the 4, what enemies do you want in Smash 5?
I want more Nintendo enemies. That was honestly the best part about Adventure Mode/Subspace/Smash Run.

Fighting a devil car from Mother while being swarmed by metroids and goombas is something really only Smash can offer.

In general I want more PvE modes. Smash Run was fun, but the limit of one person each having their own map ruined it, along with the city trails thing for me. I'd love a real PvPvE mode in Smash like that.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Honestly I don’t think that’s really on my radar lmao. I just reaally want a subspace done right. Easily the most glaring omission, and I’m not a huge fan of them reducing the scope down considerably. With a full base game developed to pull assets from, I think allocating those resources and time would totally be worth

I know it’s been talked about before, but along with a patch and a couple more characters, I think it really should be the top priority for new content to set this game apart.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Honestly I don’t think that’s really on my radar lmao. I just reaally want a subspace done right. Easily the most glaring omission, and I’m not a huge fan of them reducing the scope down considerably. With a full base game developed to pull assets from, I think allocating those resources and time would totally be worth

I know it’s been talked about before, but along with a patch and a couple more characters, I think it really should be the top priority for new content to set this game apart.
There's a lot about Subspace they have to change, and aside from adding voices or textboxes or some communication between characters, they need to make it not feel like a drag.
Too be fair, the first time i played Supspace, outside of the Great Maze, it didnt feel like a drag, but outside of playing it over with balancing mods like PM, i can't see myself ever revisting it. Maybe custom moves would help this a bit.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Why are we talking about cuts again? Cuts are dumb, and half the time people cut characters they don't like because they don't like them.

Let's see some damn movesets! Anybody?
Frankly, I think a lot of people are considering an actual reality that is fairly likely to happen as such it's another thing to talk about in the midst of no other information.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
OOOH, let's try a new challenge then!

Top 5 characters you'd want to get cut if 5 had to get cut, even if they can come back as DLC later. You can't pick Doc, Lucina, Dark Pit, or Miis.

My Top 5:
Lucas
Roy
Jigglypuff
Corrin
Ryu

...That was surprisingly difficult for me.
:4ganondorf:
:4jigglypuff:
:4feroy:
:4sheik:
:4myfriends:

Surprisingly easy to do when you bring back your pre-Brawl self. :evil:

cipher35

Smash Rookie
OOOH, let's try a new challenge then!

Top 5 characters you'd want to get cut if 5 had to get cut, even if they can come back as DLC later. You can't pick Doc, Lucina, Dark Pit, or Miis.

My Top 5:
Lucas
Roy
Jigglypuff
Corrin
Ryu

...That was surprisingly difficult for me.
I really dont think any character should be cut minus clones, but here goes...
:4corrin::4feroy::4rob::4ryu::4lucas:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
My pick of five no "clones" characters to leave the roster would be:
:4bowserjr:
:4corrin:
:4lucario: (I don't care he is unique in a sense)
:4duckhunt:
:4ryu: (I completely hate this character)

Guess who I mained most of time at Smash4 ?... Yes, :4sheik:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh boy, this is a fun idea.
:4corrinf: :4greninja: ":4lucina:OR :4feroy:" :4lucario::4zss:

Keep in mind, I only want these picks gone because I want to make room for more or less "better" or more "current" choices for each series. Robin is enough for an Awakening rep, but Lucina is very popular, so either or when it comes to Marth Clones. Corrin I just don't like in general despite having a fun moveset, so I'd be more down for other Fire Emblem reps, like Lyn and Celica or someone from the upcoming FE or something of the sort. Same kinda deal for Greninja and Lucario, Gen 6 is obsolete and Lucario has more than had his time in the sun. I'd like different Pokemon reps, preferably one from 7 and one from another gen. and I can't see them getting rid of any more Gen 1 Pokemon.

Same thing for ZSS too. I don't like her as a concept. Just give us an ACTUAL Metroid rep.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If I had to cut 5:
Corrin
Roy
Lucas
Toon Link
Greninja

But luckily I don't expect any cuts tbh and if we do have some we have 3clones and 3Miis as padding before we'd ever have to dig 5 unique characters in.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Note to people axing Bayonetta: I hope you guys realize that she was the ballot winner, and thus is an unlikely cut.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Note to people axing Bayonetta: I hope you guys realize that she was the ballot winner, and thus is an unlikely cut.
I'm fairly certain nobody thinks these cuts are actually happening or likely, though. I'm assuming most are just doing who you'd miss the least.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey, if you guys could pick any veteran from previous smash games to main, how would you want them changed?

I really want Ness with an extremely quick Dair, that's half the reason why I play him in pm and secondary him in 64

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Hey, if you guys could pick any veteran from previous smash games to main, how would you want them changed?

I really want Ness with an extremely quick Dair, that's half the reason why I play him in pm and secondary him in 64
Ganondorf with a moveset that is completely de-cloned and not like CF at all.

Visually Hyrule Warriors. I'd love the Project M neutral-B even though it'd never happen.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord

Honestly, with the chance of a BotW looking Zelda (which is my absolute favourite Zelda character design) I would love for her to, y'know, actually be good. Not sure how that happen precisely, but that is what I would like. If that were to happen I reckon my mains for this Smash would be Zelda, Ridley (hopefully) and Rex/Pyra (who I fully expect to get in).

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Jigglypuff with some actual, non-jokey killpower and specials that are useful in any way shape or form, ha

As for five cuts...
:4ryu::4bayonetta::4cloud::4falco::4rob:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Here's something i havent seen people talk about.
Should the Co op modes (Group Classic/All Star/Event/Stadium) return?

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Here's something i havent seen people talk about.
Should the Co op modes (Group Classic/All Star/Event/Stadium) return?
Short answer. Yes. Long answer. Also-frickin-lutely! They are like one of the best things to do when not playing competitively or solo.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Make a LOT of changes to Dedede, including the following:
  • Chop off a lot of the endlag on forward aerial.
  • Make dash attack less punishable (decrease startup lag, increase range, etc.)
  • Make the first two jabs of neutral attack combo better to make it far less risky up close.
  • Boost Dedede's air speed a bit.
  • Fix down attack's hitbox so it can hit opponents who are right next to Dedede.
  • Fox up smash's hitbox so it can hit smaller opponents like Kirby who are right next to Dedede.
  • Make Dedede's throws a bit easier to KO off of.
  • Chop off a lot of the endlag of Inhale.
  • Boost the Gordo reflect percentage from 2% to around 6%-8% so it can get through most projectiles and neutral attacks.
  • Fix the damn super armor with Super Dedede Jump, it's so confusing.
  • Let us shorthop while charging Jet Hammer.
  • Change Dedede Burst to Waddle Dee Army, or at least make it impossible to escape Dedede Burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom