• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
yeah, what a jerk, lying about death threats! let's send him death threats for it!
/s
Hey don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not ok with people getting death threats. But once someone’s been caught lying just to get some attention...well, remember the boy who cried wolf.

*i haven’t checked his twitter so maybe for all I know they’re right there...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just outta curiosity do we know for absolute certainty he even received death threats? He’s already been busted as a liar, so what’s stopping him from lying on that?
This is very true. But maybe we #believe all leakers? Not sure.

Well, it just seems likely considering this is the smash community we're talking about...
I see nothing I have said has been heard.

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Change my mind: Melee Yoshi's Story is the greatest stage in all Smash history. It's roughly balanced, it's unique in its triplat design, it provides unusual strategy with unusual blast zones, Randall, and it is just sexy to look at.
I think that stage is just boring and ugly to look at. I don't like it at all

Iridium

Smash Hero

This...is a pretty good Samus. Chargeable Charge Shots (huh) do look good offstage, and back throw maybe could be more vicious, but that could have been DI. I've been having fun with footage lately. Next, there's EGLX and the Paris event, both this weekend!

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I think that stage is just boring and ugly to look at. I don't like it at all
Zinith Zinith GET 'EM

White and red clashing with green against soft hues of blue. What's not to like? The cardboard aesthetic sure feels weird, as a guy who is used to Yoshi's Island, but it's certainly not as ugly as a game like Kirby's Epic Yarn.

D

Deleted member

Since were on the topic of stages. What is everyones favorite new stage for Ultimate?
Great Plateau. New FD is also looking pretty sick.

For returning stages, Fourside, Magicant, Big Blue, Peach's Castle, Onette, Halberd, and Fountain of Dreams are all up there on my favorite stages lists.

EDIT: Oh, and Morray Towers! Can't believe I forgot that one...

Last edited by a moderator:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
AND NOW
FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A MONTH
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for? I still need Porky Means Business, Strong One, and Porky's Theme from the Mother series, and I yearn for the second Pauline song from the end of Odyssey. Blizzeta's 2nd phase from Twilight Princess is still my most desired Zelda track. And please inject the Rundas theme directly into my veins.
I want to hear more of the Mega Man X Central Highway remix for sure, that track is absolutely rockin'.

Otherwise, Big Top Bop from Tropical Freeze would be fantastic along with Fly Octo Fly (Splatoon 2), Uncontrollable (XCX), Incoming! (XC2) and Ruby Delusions (Sonic Mania). Pokey Means Business and Break Free (Super Mario Odyssey) as you mentioned would also be great tracks.

I'll be happy with pretty much any new music, just the ones above would be my preferences if I had to choose among series already in Ultimate. :)

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I'm genuinely so glad that we're allowed to speculate and wishlist as much as we want here, and the mods are surprisingly lenient on being off-topic.

Neo Ark Cradle's mods are tyrannical overlords, the entire board will go dead silent for days on end because nobody is allowed to wishlist or go even slightly off topic. It's almost depressing how inactive that place is, especially compared to here.

AND NOW
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

What songs from represented franchises are you guys holding out hope for? I still need Porky Means Business, Strong One, and Porky's Theme from the Mother series, and I yearn for the second Pauline song from the end of Odyssey. Blizzeta's 2nd phase from Twilight Princess is still my most desired Zelda track. And please inject the Rundas theme directly into my veins.
I NEED FIST BUMP (Sonic Forces), TIME TRIALS PLUS (Sonic Mania Plus), AND STODIOPOLIS ACT 1&2 MIX TOGETHER (Sonic Mania).

Oh, and Press Garden, Sunset Heights, Infinite's theme, more Sonic Mania music, etc., etc.

Basically, I just want some of the newer Sonic songs.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Actually a thing I like about the Yoshi's Story stage in Ultimate is that they added details to the stage that weren't apparent in the Melee original, such as the backgrounds and the stitches. The HD upgrade did wonders...

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Doesn't excuse it.

No matter what, threatening people is never okay. However, this topic will probably get heated if continued, so I suggest we drop it and move on.

What do people want out of this week's music?
What do I, a diehard Sonic fan, who’s been waiting for a Sonic track for weeks and weeks, want to see for music?

...Dark Mind Phase 2, please.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD

This...is a pretty good Samus. Chargeable Charge Shots (huh) do look good offstage, and back throw maybe could be more vicious, but that could have been DI. I've been having fun with footage lately. Next, there's EGLX and the Paris event, both this weekend!
This is probably partially the player, but Samus looks really good compared to her wimpy, wish-washy previous appearances. Back throw kill with rage? Hiding behind Charge Shot? Missiles being changed? Jab looks like it actually does something, as opposed to doing nothing?

I've always wanted Samus to be a good character because he was one of the first characters that I learned in Brawl, my first game. Maybe I'll get my chance.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I'm genuinely so glad that we're allowed to speculate and wishlist as much as we want here, and the mods are surprisingly lenient on being off-topic.

Neo Ark Cradle's mods are tyrannical overlords, the entire board will go dead silent for days on end because nobody is allowed to wishlist or go even slightly off topic. It's almost depressing how inactive that place is, especially compared to here.

AND NOW
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

I’d love to see more Mega Man X music, like X VS Zero or Storm Owl’s theme. Got some hidden bangers that most don’t know about.

but it's certainly not as ugly as a game like Kirby's Epic Yarn.
Hold the **** up.

4C2C68B5-1FA4-4D39-BD69-368660751278.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
These are apparently other team-ups I'd like to see if Spirits has a SSE like story.

:ultisabelle::ultsnake:

:ultsimon::ultluigi::ultrichter: (Their reveal trailer makes me want it. I can only imagine Richter and Simon being prepared for battle all brave to face against some ghouls while Luigi is trying his best to be like them but at the same time showing fear)

Iridium

Smash Hero
And here's this.

First time I've seen the first hit of Link's f-air take the KO, and Mario pulling off the up-B stage spike felt like watching jank incarnate (the % though). This was...okay, at least. Not bad.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
It feels so far away. The wait is driving me insane.

They could have revealed SOMETHING un october. At least a lesser single player Mode, event matches, or something.

I hope the Smash direct is like an hour long at least.
An hour long Smash direct would be epic. It would be like watching a movie! :laugh:

Try not to worry so much about the wait though, it really won't be too long before November 8th arrives, presuming that is the actual date for when the rumored direct will air.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Since were on the topic of stages. What is everyones favorite new stage for Ultimate?
Dracula's Castle, it feels like a perfect representation of the iconic elements of the series thanks to the stage layout, objects, and classic monsters like the Werewolf and Frankenstein's Monster + Flea.

AND NOW
I ASK YOU ALL

THE MUSIC QUESTION

No. EX01
Sky Lagoon
Lagiacrus - Tremble of the Sea and Land
SR388 Surface Area
N's Final Battle

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I wonder how many unrevealed Assist Trophies there are... Hopefully a lot of fun surprises!
E3 said over 50. If it were over 60 I'd think they'd say that, so between 50-60. We're at around 40, so 10-20 20 left. There will be some left out (or upgraded), but it could get close.

EDIT: That goes beyond sucking at math.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I wonder how many unrevealed Assist Trophies there are... Hopefully a lot of fun surprises!
That reminds me, good to have Gray Fox back! His likelihood of ever becoming a playable character is pretty slim as of right now, but any appearance from him nowadays is fine for me.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Just saying but we don't know if diddy's rapid jab is gone or not, he's always had both a gentleman and rapid jab
That's why I refer it as a red herring, many people think it leads to something when it could mean otherwise. It's true he always had a gentleman but I remember someone argued with a Dixie supporter on Game FAQ's(bad place to argue with people I might add) how the way he does his last kick doesn't look like it would follow up with his tail attack nevermind that they could have changed the function in his jab combo to gentlemen attack to make it more practical than before.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76891140

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I don't think there will be surprises, there will be anxiety and dread as they are waiting for one of their mains to NOT get the AT route.

Seeing new Assist Trophies will be fun though!

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I can tell you guys are starting to have some problems with the wait. I'm going to give you fine people some tips on how I manage to stay sane.
1. Go back and watch the reveal trailers for Smash 4. Yes, you already know what characters are going to be in. That's not the point. Remember what it felt like to wonder what character was going to be revealed, and then have that thrill all over again.
2. Watch footage of Ultimate and pick one character. Analyze how that character has been changed from Smash 4. Don't feel sad that you don't have Ultimate yet, feel interested in the design changes.
3. Watch the previous Ultimate Directs.
4. Buy an amiibo or two and train them in Smash 4. It never hurts to uncover some pieces of content in previous games that you never played before. If money is really a concern, get a Powertag.
5. Go play Smash 64. Pick Captain Falcon. Master his upair.
6. Find any excuse, any excuse at all on this thread to bring up Shrek. It can be a bait-and-switch. It can be a poem. It can be hidden messages in posts that appear to be meant for people to control their hype.
7. ????
8. Profit.

Graizen

Smash Champion
This is Mametchi in Mario Kart GP 2
He is a cousin of Agumon, they are the protagonists of the Tamagotchi.
And he was in a Mario Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom