• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You're gonna love this then

Ridley is going to be in smash Switch
:061:
You all excited for Ridley?
I am! If he gets into Smash in Switch, I am going to buy a golden statue of him and lick all of him.
Sakurai please add Ridley.
Zeb's made numerous claims in the past, most of which have been spelt incorrectly. I don't think it's wise to trust someone with this track record, where any correctly spelt words were probably done by pure chance.
Well maybe Zeb could be correct this time? I trust you as well so...
Subspace Emissary 2
Me too. The characters do not talk, but I would like them to make "Intense" even harder, more bosses and more creative stages. Subspace was still really good, but I felt like it needs more. Then again, that would take a lot of effort so I would be fine if the developers did not add Subspace Emissary 2 in Smash in Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Has there ever been official art released of Giygas from Mother? I'm wondering because I think his original form would make for a great character. He represents the one Mother game that hasn't gotten a character in Smash yet, and he could have a great final smash with his form from Earthbound.
His orignal form is basically Mewtwo.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Zeb's made numerous claims in the past, most of which have been spelt incorrectly. I don't think it's wise to trust someone with this track record, where any correctly spelt words were probably done by pure chance.
It's alright, i leaked most of sm4sh's roster and I can't spell so maybe theirs a correlation of people not spelling having insider info

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If they add Ridley, I think this could mean they saved all the super popular characters for Smash Switch, so it sells better.

Or maybe I'm just exaggerating, but yeah, if Ridley is in, I personally would not be surprised to see K. Rool, Geno, etc too.

But maybe, all of this is fake and we will just have Inklings and Ice Climbers :^)

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
Has there ever been official art released of Giygas from Mother? I'm wondering because I think his original form would make for a great character. He represents the one Mother game that hasn't gotten a character in Smash yet, and he could have a great final smash with his form from Earthbound.
His final form would be an amazing boss.
"NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS
I ' m . . . h a p p y"

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
If they add Ridley, I think this could mean they saved all the super popular characters for Smash Switch, so it sells better.

Or maybe I'm just exaggerating, but yeah, if Ridley is in, I personally would not be surprised to see K. Rool, Geno, etc too.

But maybe, all of this is fake and we will just have Inklings and Ice Climbers :^)
Sakurai has actually believed in Ridley all along! He told us he couldn't make him work just to make his eventual reveal all the more exciting!

Man, I've missed my tinfoil hat...

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice
This talk with Giygas being a boss made me rewatch his boss fight again just to relieve some memories.
I wish i hadn't.
Now i'm terrified again.

It's alright, i leaked most of sm4sh's roster and I can't spell so maybe theirs a correlation of people not spelling having insider info
"Leaker that leaked Smash For's roster corroborates leak that Ridley is in smash"
:troll:

Man gotta get used to how often Smashboards is getting messages now lol
I'm gone for like an hour and already four whole pages lmao
No site is as good as saying a whole lot about very little than smashboards

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
DLC should really just be optional content that you don't have to purchase. From what I've heard, microtransactions are heavily hated by a lot of gaming communities.
The main issue is that microtransactions commonly lead to a couple of things:
1. Making the game less fun to play deliberately so you pay to skip some of it.
2. Preventing the player from actually using the features of the game so they pay to get more regular access.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a fighting game that has an "energy" function that prevents you from playing after a certain number of matches in a day unless you pay money.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Sorry, I'm super late... but I would VERY MUCH miss 8-Player Smash if they ever removed it.

While I rarely use the full 8 players (I have a few times, though!), I've often been in a group of 5 or 6 and anyone who says 8-Player Smash doesn't make any party great is objectively wrong. :p

It's seriously a great thing to take out when I have family over.

Just the amount of variety of things you can do with twice as many players is fun too. I really hope with Smash Switch we have less restrictions on the stages because of the stronger hardware.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
REASONS FOR RIDLEY

1. Sakurai has changed his mind on characters he ruled out from Smash.

2. Sakurai loves challenges.
• If someone tells him he can't make Ridley work, then he'll make Ridley work.

3. This one really might be Sakurai's last game after making two nearly back to back.

Last edited:
For the record, Ryce, aka the Capcom roster leaker, is not the leaker for Ridley. They just think that all of the hints are true.

It's been hinted at by ERA admins, who tend to have insider info, including that smash would be in the direct, and Jonneh. . .who has a track record as well.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Ryce, I think that's him, said in that gamefaqs post that he was just speculating and that he didn't know anything about smash

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ryce said:
I haven't heard anything about Smash. I was speculating in a Smash Bros. Discord channel. This topic really shouldn't exist.
So there's that. Doesn't match what he said earlier, but take it as you will.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
If you guys let yourselves get worked into a disappointment over Ridley for the 3rd game in a row, you guys have to sign a petition to make me admin.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Man gotta get used to how often Smashboards is getting messages now lol
I'm gone for like an hour and already four whole pages lmao
It was like that for smash 4 as well. I wonder if it will completely maintain this momentum. After all there was the pic of the day as well back during smash 4 speculation. And who knows if they will have a system like that. Hopefully there is. I used to love checking smashboards after every pic to see all the reactions both silly and speculative.

For the record, Ryce, aka the Capcom roster leaker, is not the leaker for Ridley. They just think that all of the hints are true.

It's been hinted at by ERA admins, who tend to have insider info, including that smash would be in the direct, and Jonneh. . .who has a track record as well.
The second I clarify it, Ryce comes out too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom