• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I've been wondering this. If Resident Evil got into Smash, who should be the character to represent it-Chris Refield, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, or Clarie Redfield?
EDIT: Added more characters.
Jill or Chris easily...followed by Claire and Leon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jill or Chris easily...followed by Claire and Leon
I'd honestly add Leon.

I'm trying to think about how any of them would play in Smash. I'd imagine they would utilize some items from the RE serires, like herbs, ammo for weapons, and grenades, also flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and maybe a couple of firearms if it's green lighted. No idea what a recover move would be, though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I've been wondering this. If Resident Evil got into Smash, who should be the character to represent it-Chris Refield, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, or Clarie Redfield?
Jill Valentine definitely or if not her then Nemesis would be cool.

Iridium

Smash Hero
But... Simon took some of Richter's moves as Simon himself lacks enough moves for a moveset.
Ken and Ryu have enough moves in their games to make a moveset
I sorta meant in terms of aesthetics and physical appearance. I need to be more specific, but I don't blame you for seeing my post like that.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Just reminder that if you dont want spoilers keep out of that thread.. there is currently one real leak there and one "too good to be real but have a somewhat credible leaker behind it" leak out there.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since the RE2 remake is coming out soon, I would have to go with Leon. If there was going to be a second fighter, it would have to be either Jill, Chris or Nemesis.

It would be cool to see T-00/Mr. X as an assist trophy though.
23EB8A16-0AF7-4F4A-B6F9-F6560791A090.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm willing to believe Steve as playable because Minecraft would be the only third-party without a character otherwise, which seems odd also bias yay

Of course, Steve would probably be odd himself and it's not impossible, I'm just sayin'. I think they would probably use the official art rendition of Steve over his ingame skin, though.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here's a question do you think Banjo would act like a bear similarly to :ultkrool:&:ultdk: who act more like animals?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Definitely Leon. 2 and 4 are the most legendary games in the franchise and has made Leon the most popular protagonist.

No personal bias or anything... I'm serious!!!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
More wants lists going on I reckon? I suppose I can do it again in a way.

-Wants: Phosphora, Medusa, Monster Hunter, small guilty interest for Dr Eggman once before and Pit having another moveset with a different weapon that you can choose from to help solidify his KIU style in a way. (There's probably another whom I don't remember)
-Don't want: The majority of the popular favorites, third parties except Monster Hunter (is it a 3rd party?), Magnus/Hades (as playable)

Now I don't want ppl to think this is a hate thing in a way. It's more of most of those characters I either just don't care for, pretty much dislike personally, or some I don't mind at all but don't see them playable happening. While I admit I do feel troubled constantly hearing certain names a lot and some of their popularity, it just gets me sometimes when I see it everywhere. Meanwhile, I've grown to accept Shantae for example, while at the same time, slowly growing to accept some characters who I am not fond of who are already in the game, though it takes longer depending on the character and how strong they are (sadly, tiers play a factor in this), and then there's those I'll never like.

I'm often afraid of expressing this given my fear of being attacked for thinking differently, or being a minority as some call it, but I wanted to be honest regarding these things. I just hope the days go by fast so we soon can put most of the stuff to rest and all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
More wants lists going on I reckon? I suppose I can do it again in a way.

-Wants: Phosphora, Medusa, Monster Hunter, small guilty interest for Dr Eggman once before and Pit having another moveset with a different weapon that you can choose from to help solidify his KIU style in a way. (There's probably another whom I don't remember)
-Don't want: The majority of the popular favorites, third parties except Monster Hunter (is it a 3rd party?), Magnus/Hades (as playable)

Now I don't want ppl to think this is a hate thing in a way. It's more of most of those characters I either just don't care for, pretty much dislike personally, or some I don't mind at all but don't see them playable happening. While I admit I do feel troubled constantly hearing certain names a lot and some of their popularity, it just gets me sometimes when I see it everywhere. Meanwhile, I've grown to accept Shantae for example, while at the same time, slowly growing to accept some characters who I am not fond of who are already in the game, though it takes longer depending on the character and how strong they are (sadly, tiers play a factor in this), and then there's those I'll never like.

I'm often afraid of expressing this given my fear of being attacked for thinking differently, or being a minority as some call it, but I wanted to be honest regarding these things. I just hope the days go by fast so we soon can put most of the stuff to rest and all.
Don't worry, most people will just be petty and say your favourites suck because they think you care if someone has an opinion

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How would you guys feel if we ended up getting this Villain Bundle for DLC?

-Black Knight
-Black Shadow
-Medusa
-Porky Minch
-Skull Kid
-Sylux (To promote Metroid Prime 4)
Cool.
Cool.
Rather she was a boss.
Rather he was a boss.
Rather he was a boss.
Pass.
Jill.

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I'd go with Leon as a character for Smash. Jill would be a very close 2nd/possible echo. For a Resident Evil item, I'd suggest the classic rocket launcher, which would be a 1-hit KO item. While Nemesis would be a great AT, my personal choice for a RE AT would be Mr. X.

And speaking of Resident evil; that RE2 Remake is my most anticipated game (aside from Ultimate, of course). It's looking incredible so far.

EDIT:

Since the RE2 remake is coming out soon, I would have to go with Leon. If there was going to be a second fighter, it would have to be either Jill, Chris or Nemesis.

It would be cool to see T-00/Mr. X as an assist trophy though.View attachment 166193
I just saw your post after I made mine. Great minds think alike!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I wonder what Sakurai will mention when he addresses Meta Ridley. You know, like alts and the variety that exists.

Polan

Smash Lord
smash stuff, both during the ultimate and smash 4 era, has only really been announced at nintendo directs or via the website. even the announcement at evo was just an announcement of a date, even though they could have easily announced a character then. i really don't think we're getting anything at non-nintendo events. and eyyy why did my post about riddle leakers get deleted? i'm right damn it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd honestly add Leon.

I'm trying to think about how any of them would play in Smash. I'd imagine they would utilize some items from the RE serires, like herbs, ammo for weapons, and grenades, also flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and maybe a couple of firearms if it's green lighted. No idea what a recover move would be, though.
That’s how I feel when trying to think of a move set for Clementine. Weapons wise is easy, but recovery and most grabs are an oof (though I don’t see her joining...I’d love to see her though)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we did have someone from Resident Evil, I'd go with Jill personally, as far as I'm concerned she's the main protagonist of the series. Though I'm sure a strong case can also be made for Leon, who's probably the most popular of them.

I wonder what Sakurai will mention when he addresses Meta Ridley. You know, like alts and the variety that exists.
Smash doesn't do too many alt costumes, but I'll be damned if there weren't some that I wanted. OoT Link. TP Ganon(I really like that version I don't care if it was used before), HW Ganon, HW Zelda, Helmet-less Mega Man, Quint, Evil Ryu, Fusion Suit Samus. There's a lot of potential in those.

Maybe even something like Old School Marth, where he's dressed in Roman styled robes.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, after reading some credible rumors and thinking, I think this will be the final roster at launch.
Ultimate Roster.png

80 fighters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom