• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Didn't Hideki Kamiya want Dante and Bayo to appear in a game together?

Maybe he knows something we don't.

I'd ask him on twitter but I would probably get blocked.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash Ultimate is a new game. Characters getting promoted from assist to playable in a new installment of the game is not the same thing as them removing an assist trophy from a game in an update in order to make them playable.
There's a first time for everything. :072: Don't act like it can't happen because it hadn't happened yet.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's important to remember when it comes to Dante a few things.

Kamiya and Sakurai are buddies. This could give Dante a slight edge as it did give Snake a slight edge.

However in his comments about adding Bayonetta? He considered her games to be the cream of the crop when it came to the genre that she and Dante represent.

So there's a few things that could make a Dante inclusion go either way really.

I personally can see why he'd be implemented as he is an icon of gaming, but I could also see reasons why Sakurai would stay away from him.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, I'll make the argument:

- One of Capcom's biggest names, and a big name in gaming as a whole.
- Crazy amounts of moveset potential with Devil Trigger and all the other weapons he uses. Gameplay wise you could make him very interesting with an aerial combo focus (Yes I know you're afraid of another Bayo situation, but I'm going to hope Sakurai doesn't overload his kit.)
- Personality is great, Smash lacks a character like him.
- As a series Devil May Cry has a ton to offer Smash in costumes, AT's, and stages. Plus you could have Vergil or Nero as an echo.

Could you pick another series over his? Sure, but I still think Dante's a good choice.
Never heard of him.
Got a picture? Maybe then I’ll recognize him?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay,

Nah, you'd get a "ask your mom", and then get blocked.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Is there like... some stigma against Dante or something? Why would there be some negative reaction to him if he was in?
Im not salty for his inclusion.... I'm fearful OF the possibility for his inclusion.
If you thought Bayonetta was problem, i don't think i've ever seen a fighting game where Dante wasn't high tier.

If he get's in i fear.....
De30yNnXcAEYyMa.jpg
We're in the endgame now.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Anyways, I really hope it isn't Dante. Otherwise the chances of a certain other Capcom rep go down. I don't wanna take that pain.

Potato_

Smash Lord

This is one of the theories supporting Dante yes.Around the first quarter of 2016 he also put out a poll asking which version of Dante people wanted in a crossover with Bayo, which is just a month or two away from when Smash's project plan was finalized.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The whole thing about Incineroar is that Verg never stated that it was Incineroar. Just "not Decidueye or Mimikyu".
Are we all of a sudden forgetting someone else who could show up
I think you completely missed the post Vergeben posted today. He confirmed Incineroar through all 4 of his sources. It's Incineroar, not any one else.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is why Dante is a huge possibility
https://nintendoeverything.com/hide...bayonetta-in-project-x-zone-2-now-regrets-it/
And remember Snake only got added because Kojima asked Sakurai, so something like this happening again is very much possible.
Think if Project X Zone 3 ever happens we could have Bayonetta? And potentially a few more Nintendo guests as well (Shulk to pair with Fiora instead of the latter being with KOS-MOS again; Corrin & Azura; Alm & Celica; Elma & Lin, Rex & Pyra and maybe Pit & Palutena if they decide to throw in Kid Icarus too)?

at the very least, less Shinobi dudes pls. Also, bring Frank West back, and please no Neneko, literally nobody knows who she is

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It's important to remember when it comes to Dante a few things.

Kamiya and Sakurai are buddies. This could give Dante a slight edge as it did give Snake a slight edge.

However in his comments about adding Bayonetta? He considered her games to be the cream of the crop when it came to the genre that she and Dante represent.

So there's a few things that could make a Dante inclusion go either way really.

I personally can see why he'd be implemented as he is an icon of gaming, but I could also see reasons why Sakurai would stay away from him.
But kamiya doesn't even work at capcom though, he has no authority over whether he'd get in or not

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Didn't he say he wanted to make the game where they meet? and that's why bayo wasn't in project x zone?
Kamiya did say this. He wants them to meet, but he wants to be the project head on any game where they finally meet.

Now since Sakurai is his buddy he might be okay with Sakurai getting there first as Smash isn't necessarily a true crossover of the characters, but I also can see why Kamiya might want to see their first encounter be a true crossover and not a fighting game like Smash.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Never heard of him.
Got a picture? Maybe then I’ll recognize him?

This dude. This is his DMC 1 design though, and his Smash look would most likely be from DMC 4, where he's older.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well enough Waluigi talk.

My opinion on Dante hasn't changed. Wouldn't mind him but at the same time feel he's a ridiculous choice since there's better third party options like Banjo-Kazooie, Lara Croft, Nightmare and Rayman.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If Dante plays like Bayonetta, we're so ****ed.
Thankfully, they aren’t terribly similar.

I have a hard time seeing Dante do most of what Bayo does in Smash. He could get a “Witch Time” but I’m pretty sure Sakurai knows that wouldn’t go over well.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Let's say IF both Heihachi and Dante were to make it in as DLC

This would only prove white hair is superior to black hair.

50 dinar to the person who knows what i'm talking about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think you completely missed the post Vergeben posted today. He confirmed Incineroar through all 4 of his sources. It's Incineroar, not any one else.

Well, I'm still not buying into him. I didn't buy into Gematsu either, I'm an ESRB leak kinda guy.

domriver

Smash Lord
Missed a day and a half lots of pages to skim through soo lets cut to the points:
108 stages? Do we believe this or did Cocoro make a mistake?
2 more character to be revealed left? (aside from the pokemon announced by verge) - Echo and Unique?
Geno to be DLC if not in base roster ?
Box theory out the window?
New direct date? :troll:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just a random note that if Dante Got in, He would be the only character Playable in Both Playstation All Stars and Super Smash Bros

Pakky

Smash Hero
Aren't Ebony and Ivory just real guns though?

Like... They aren't magical prop looking things like 'Love is Blue' or anything like that.

But that's a small problem I guess.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Heihachi seems odd as his VA died. If he's DLC then either he'll reuse voice clips, which would be off, or have a new VA, which would also be off for now

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly I feel the writing is on the wall here.

Incineroar and Ken round up the base roster, whoever the 2nd Squeenix character is one of the DLC frontrunners alongside maybe characters like Bandana Dee or Shadow.
That's only if you assume the box is completely right or won't be edited. And even then, we have no idea if the final characters will be in the side of the packaging. Maybe they are on the back. Maybe they are on the bottom. The final set may even just be hidden entirely from the games box because Nintendo makes these packages weeks in advance to prevent leaks.

I personally don't think 1 unique and a 3rd party echo are it, especially when previous smash games had 3-5 hidden characters by the time the game released. Sakurai isn't keeping them secret this time, and I doubt Incineroar was intended to be a secret character at all, or the final in the roster before DLC.

Just my opinion on the matter. I don't think those 2 are it. Not by a long shot.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Heihachi seems odd as his VA died. If he's DLC then either he'll reuse voice clips, which would be off, or have a new VA, which would also be off for now
I think at this point for Heihachi it should be base or bust. His VO could have recorded his lines months before his passing

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

This dude. This is his DMC 1 design though, and his Smash look would most likely be from DMC 4, where he's older.
Yeah never heard of him. Honestly, If we get him i’ll Be happy for the fans, but tbh I hope we get some more characters I want lol. The only character we’ve gotten so far that I want is Isabelle.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

But what if we don't get old Heihachi?

D

Deleted member

Tekken is a fighting game though, so reusing voice clips for Heihachi wouldn't be nearly as off as it'd be for other characters. Like, Ryu probably could've had all his voice clips be recycled from Street Fighter V and it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom