• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope Gen 8 is a worldwide game, all the regions, but they're all in a state of war. Main character is a soldier. His drill sergeant shouts "I AIN'T HOLDIN YOUR HAND BOY"

Lots of death and destruction.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Since when did this thread transition over to Pokemon game discussions? There should be a thread for such topics at the NintenZone forum.
It kind of morphs into what it wants until new Smash news comes out.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
so nothing today? I started to believe the dataminers when they said 13th is the day. Tomorrow (11h) seems lika a sensitive choice

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I hope Gen 8 is a worldwide game, all the regions, but they're all in a state of war. Main character is a soldier. His drill sergeant shouts "I AIN'T HOLDIN YOUR HAND BOY"

Also guards don't want to let you pass through gates unless their thirst is quenched. Because of the state of these war-torn lands obviously.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You folks want war and death? You can go check out Pokemon Adventures, nothing ambiguous in the Red/Blue arc for that.

Since when did this thread transition over to Pokemon game discussions? There should be a thread for such topics at the NintenZone forum.
This happens every once in a while. An unfortunate consequence of having Pokemon content in Smash. At least it's better than this morning's topic...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

And then :ultjigglypuff: pops out. :D

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
This isn't the first time we had a radical topic shift like this, it's really not that surprising.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also guards don't want to let you pass through gates unless their thirst is quenched. Because of the state of these war-torn lands obviously.
"My legs are shattered. My wife will never know I will not make it home. Yo can I get like uhhhh... uhhh like a water or something"

And then :ultjigglypuff: pops out. :D
Pokemon is such a cute wartime strategy game.

So, people are starting to use the earthquake to speculate newcomers again, instead of realizing that the direct was delayed because of the people dying in Japan?

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
so nothing today? I started to believe the dataminers when they said 13th is the day. Tomorrow (11h) seems lika a sensitive choice
Yeah, seems like it's going to be that. Splatoon 2 update planned to drop on the 14th, the 13th being exactly one week after the original date, seems like that must be it

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I may have gotten the 3 dogs story but I know some Pokemon died during a war and some legendary got angry about it.

I just can't remember from the top of my head right now which legendary it was.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I may have gotten the 3 dogs story but I know some Pokemon died during a war and some legendary got angry about it.

Sound like you're talking about the war from X and Y, which again, happened thousands of years ago

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wish their type chart nulified itself. Like, for example, Normal is imune to Ghost, and Ghost to Normal. Fighting is effective against Normal, and Normal against Fighting. Steel and Rock resists Normal, and Normal resists Steel and Rock.
The Normal-type wouldn't exactly be normal if it dealt super effective damage against anyone, and it sure can't have any resistances either.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Finally a Pokemon game that gets rid of petty, insignificant stuff like fun.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish their type chart nulified itself. Like, for example, Normal is imune to Ghost, and Ghost to Normal. Fighting is effective against Normal, and Normal against Fighting. Steel and Rock resists Normal, and Normal resists Steel and Rock.
And what about Grass, Fire, and Water?

Grass beats Fire? Fire beats Water? Water beats Grass?

I don't think the type chart needs to nullify itself... just that something needs to beat something... and something needs to resist something... I don't like one-sided rock-paper-scissors match-ups.

Eevee's original Eeveelutions triggered my OCD for that reason. You are presented with the choice of evolving your Eevee into a Fire-type, a Water-type, and an Electric-type.

Electric beats Water.
Water beats Fire.
Fire beats nothing (I know Fire beats Grass, Bug, etc. but that's besides the point)

It was like Jolteon was the best Eeveelution and Flareon was the worst Eeveelution in Red/BlueYellow.

At least the starters were evenly matched... Bulbasaur beats Squirtle. Squirtle beats Charmander. Charmander beats Bulbasaur.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Huh? Red and Blue are full of artificial roadblocks too. Heck, there's 4 guards that won't let you pass because they're thirsty. This is nostalgia glasses at it's fullest honestly.

How the heck is modern Japan "a dangerous world"
All video games have roadblocks. The point is Red and Blue set them up in a way that made you feel like no one was looking out for you. The road blocks felt incidental and not for you specifically. That Snorlax blocking your path didn't say "Sorry friend, but you'll have to come back when your ready." It was a wild Snorlax blocking your path. And that's my point. They can make the games easy, and they've always been easy, but don't treat me like a baby.

I play with my little cousin's a lot and I secretly help them with difficult tasks in a way that makes it seem like they did it on their own. They feel so proud to have accomplished something and get a sense of independance. That's what Pokemon should do.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I think it’s awesome the training mode will tell us immediately which attacks have the most knockback at 3 different percentages. This will be the fastest lab cycle for power, combo and set up potential there’s ever been.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Unfortunately. This is my response to the people using the earthquake to speculate newcomers:

[Content Redacted]:chrono:
Unfortunately I can only like this once.

So I'll just quote it instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

You're probably thinking of Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion.
This is a world where lemonade costs 300 bucks. Though there's free healthcare so I say it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make
Poke is meant to be similar to Yen though. So 300 Poke is actually about $2.70.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
All video games have roadblocks. The point is Red and Blue set them up in a way that made you feel like no one was looking out for you. The road blocks felt incidental and not for you specifically. That Snorlax blocking your path didn't say "Sorry friend, but you'll have to come back when your ready." It was a wild Snorlax blocking your path. And that's my point. They can make the games easy, and they've always been easy, but don't treat me like a baby.

I play with my little cousin's a lot and I secretly help them with difficult tasks in a way that makes it seem like they did it on their own. They feel so proud to have accomplished something and get a sense of independance. That's what Pokemon should do.
I get that, but also Sun and Moon is literally about how you're taking part in a island-wide ritual made for children. If it didn't feel like people are taking care of you, it would be just... not what it wants to be.

Not everything has to be the same, you surely don't have to like it, but Sun and Moon does a great job of doing exactly what it said it was doing.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The pokemon world is the result of ancient bio-technology driven wars.

Now, the world's traditional animals have been replaced with rapidly metamorphing creatures that harness energy from destabilized atoms. Children must carry out many important tasks, because of a high cancer rate that plagues aging cells. Furthermore, wormholes threaten to rip everything apart while at the same time creating a widening bridge between the physical and spirit dimension.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it’s awesome the training mode will tell us immediately which attacks have the most knockback at 3 different percentages. This will be the fastest lab cycle for power, combo and set up potential there’s ever been.
Assuming that the knockback formula remains the same, we do at least know when fighters will enter a tumbling state; they have to take 80+ units of knockback.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
You're probably thinking of Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion.

Poke is meant to be similar to Yen though. So 300 Poke is actually about $2.70.
So you win a gym battle and the leader is like...k take this sparkly badge and here’s five bucks.

And pokeball tech, crazy as it is, is $2.00 per regular ball.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
No no this was in one of the first 3 generations I remember it very well from my childhood
The only mention of a war in Red and Blue is sarge himself

There is none in gold and silver as far as I remember

And as for a legendary getting pissed and stomping out a conflict, in Emerald Rayquaza gets involved when Groudon and Kyogre are being hussy

There is no mention of a world war that a legendary stops in the first three generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom