• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Sakurai: "We recieved over 30,000 votes for Banjo from Banjo Kazooie, but only 2,000 of them requested Kazooie to be with Banjo. Since the fans dont want Kazooie, its just Banio joining the battle."
Man, what happend to these "big budget" commercials?

Because this one's worth an academy award

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai: "We recieved over 30,000 votes for Banjo from Banjo Kazooie, but only 2,000 of them requested Kazooie to be with Banjo. Since the fans dont want Kazooie, its just Banio joining the battle."
Well atleast he landed on the battlefield

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’m just gonna say something, and I highly doubt everyone is gonna agree on this.

Whether or not the leaks are real, I think personally Banjo is in the game, the timing, the blessings, the things Sakurai has said in the past, the things people like Emily have said, all of it just lines up, and I’d expect surprised either way if we didn’t get Banjo.

It’s makes too much sense at this point for it not to happen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait, I wasn't even born at that point! Can't really say much for that, I guess. I'll just keep the info in mind.
Neither was I, but I learned the info for Daddy Sakurai anyways

MainJPW

M.T.A
*video*
What's with video game characters and jumping out of planes?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So, tomorrow is going to be September 1st...

Who’s here ready for your September Direct leaks.:4pacman: Though, if we were to get a Smash reveal, who do you think would it be? I’m betting one either Isaac or a Gen 7 Pokémon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1535746101860.png

Oh man, he got the hair and accent right this time

Suddenly makes it real

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The Nintendo Twitter is posting stuff about PAX West, whatever that is, I hope we get something new from it.
No, it will just be the e3 demo for the 10th time and YOU WILL LIKE IT!

But seriously I hope an announcement of a Nintendo Direct.

Also, I'm starting to think there's a possibility of one of Vergeben's or Loz's rumored characters being a catfish. Mainly the gen 7 Pokemon.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So, tomorrow is going to be September 1st...

Who’s here ready for your September Direct leaks.:4pacman: Though, if we were to get a Smash reveal, who do you think would it be? I’m betting one either Isaac or a Gen 7 Pokémon.
Bandana Dee or maybe elma alongside a Xenoblade X port announcement. Maybe a pokemon but I could also see them saving that for november to coincide with lets go

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Shiny

...:ultmiifighters:...

You’re kinda late...by like...25 years

I’d be shocked if we managed to get either of those characters in with or without an echo tbh (at least until dlc)

One “bad” menu...compared to many great ones
View attachment 160989View attachment 160990
Miis actually have some pretty interesting moves when you look into them. Especially Gunner.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
DLC and the clones were exceptions, not the rule.
You can't seriously look at Smash 4 and tell me it isn't organized by series.
Yoshi's placement in the Smash 3DS / Wii U roster would still be considered odd to some though, since like Wario and Donkey Kong, he represents his own series.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
View attachment 160993

Oh man, he got the hair and accent right this time

Suddenly makes it real
Well, Angès is better - but now Ken looks like an oil painting.

It always interests me how these fake leaks will show a CSS set up for a battle...only using the unreleased characters. What, during the testing nobody wants to pick a character once they’ve been officially released?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Lets just absorb something real quick.

He claimed that the accent problem was due to early translations.

But now we can see, that the hair going the wrong way was also due to early translations.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That guy just shot himself in the foot by fixing the glaring issues people have found about the rumor.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A thought that came to me recently is how Celica and Alm are both very requested FE character that could pretty easily be added in as echo fighters (Likely as DLC, considering Chrom is in the base game).

Celica could be a Robin echo: Add a tipper mechanic to the sword but get rid of the levin sword. Replace destructible equipment with stronger specials and a self damaging mechanic.

Alm would work well as a Link echo: Both use sword and bow. They'd just need to change his down and side b. A counter is an easy down b. Side b could be marth's or Ike's.
Actually, I pictured Alm as a Ike Echo but with Link’s Neutral B. Also Marth’s tipper mechanics. Quick Draw can be Double Lion. Maybe borrow Roy’s F Smash?

I don’t know however if they’re willing to add another mash up Fire Emblem Sword Lord who borrows from all the Sword Lords tho. But am down for it regardless!

Celica as a Robin Echo but faster and with Roy’s Neutral B as Ragnarok and maybe also Din’s Fire instead of Nosferatu. And while we’re at it, add some of Marth’s regular attacks or F Smash or something.

Really, I do hope there will be more Echoes who are as ambitious as Chrom. It has a lot of potential with a roster as big as Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

That guy just shot himself in the foot by fixing the glaring issues people have found about the rumor.
But you know there'll be defenders regardless.

**** like this makes me wish tomorrow comes sooner for the beginning of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom